FELLOWSHIP HERE

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice poem Frank!
I can't compete but here is my little autumn poem

As I observed you falling down,
drifting slowly to the ground,
A sense of despair came within
knowing your life had come to end.

I then looked up from which you came
and saw another do the same,
Little leaf from the tree
you have shown me reality...

This here tree from which you came
is the TRUE life and you the beauty of it's name...

I like your leaf poem! It is very thoughtful. May I encourage you to expand your writing? I have been writing since I was a child and love it. Any ability comes from hardship and grief. As, a child my home was not a happy one so I hid myself in books reading until a splitting headache would force me to stop after 12,14,16 hours. As a teen I would bring several books home from the library and read all weekend. The blessing from all that reading is that I learned so much about English usage.

An example of good springing from evil circumstances. Amen

I did write a whimsical one years ago about leaves!

I wrote this in a way that at first tricks you to believe it is about children then reveals itself.

Leaving Home
By Frank Lee Jennings

Multitudes of them daily leaving
leaving home yet not quite grieving
different ways yet still the same
from every color, hue and region
going, leaving home in legions

ones and twos, threes and tens
not quite sure when it begins
no one tried to make them stay
though some were sad to see them go
they didn’t try to stop them though

for after all that time at home
twas good for them to go and roam
to twirl around to skew off there
while many others soared and sailed
the mothers all just stood and wailed

so soon they all would come to rest
and make the forest floor a nest
a colored carpet laid each fall
by leafy children of the trees
landing there on bended knees

they wait beneath the winter snow
hidden there while sharp winds blow
for next years children coming down
coming twirling, sailing down
a carpet laid still coming down

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like your leaf poem! It is very thoughtful.

I did write a whimsical years ago one on leaves!
I wrote this in a way that at first tricks you to believe it is about children then reveals itself.

Leaving Home
By Frank Lee Jennings

Multitudes of them daily leaving
leaving home yet not quite grieving
different ways yet still the same
from every color, hue and region
going, leaving home in legions

ones and twos, threes and tens
not quite sure when it begins
no one tried to make them stay
though some were sad to see them go
they didn’t try to stop them though

for after all that time at home
twas good for them to go and roam
to twirl around to skew off there
while many others soared and sailed
the mothers all just stood and wailed

so soon they all would come to rest
and make the forest floor a nest
a colored carpet laid each fall
by leafy children of the trees
landing there on bended knees

they wait beneath the winter snow
hidden there while sharp winds blow
for next years children coming down
coming twirling, sailing down
a carpet laid still coming down
I am not even in the same league as you! lol.....(bowing to the master!):D

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny thing is God spoke to me earlier this year and told me to start writing....this is so giving me goose bumps!

God can be glorified in words spoken or written. Writing prophecy is taking dictation from the Holy Spirit. Exactly as prophets of old received it.

On the day he told me that Martha was pregnant with the son he had promised us i was praying in tongues and he gave me the interpretation which I wrote down as follows;

I was home one day and praying in the spirit, tongues that is, as I did a Bible study. I realized He was giving me the interpretation so began to write. That was Tuesday, October 9th,1979. I wrote as He dictated ;

The Lord says this. I have done as I said I would and fulfilled my counsel. Now will my name be glorified in the thing of which I spoke. Now will ears tingle at the testimony of this work. You have waited but I have waited too. I heard you from the first time you ever cried out to me for a child. Because you looked to me and not to men I have done this. The mouth of the scoffers will be shut at the telling. Fear not. The word of the Lord is good news. We will rejoice together in this!

I have written this on a plaque that hangs in an honored place. A constant reminder of His miracle working power!

Isaiah 65:24 KJVS
And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

If you will continue writing I believe you'll find that he will tell you things to write that will astound you. Carry on!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God can be glorified in words spoken or written. Writing prophecy is taking dictation from the Holy Spirit. Exactly as prophets of old received it.

On the day he told me that Martha was pregnant with the son he had promised us i was praying in tongues and he gave me the interpretation which I wrote down as follows;

I was home one day and praying in the spirit, tongues that is, as I did a Bible study. I realized He was giving me the interpretation so began to write. That was Tuesday, October 9th,1979. I wrote as He dictated ;

The Lord says this. I have done as I said I would and fulfilled my counsel. Now will my name be glorified in the thing of which I spoke. Now will ears tingle at the testimony of this work. You have waited but I have waited too. I heard you from the first time you ever cried out to me for a child. Because you looked to me and not to men I have done this. The mouth of the scoffers will be shut at the telling. Fear not. The word of the Lord is good news. We will rejoice together in this!

I have written this on a plaque that hangs in an honored place. A constant reminder of His miracle working power!

Isaiah 65:24 KJVS
And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

If you will continue writing I believe you'll find that he will tell you things to write that will astound you. Carry on!

I love those encouraging words God spoke to you! I needed to hear them!

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I got some sleep, and here I am awake at 3 in the morn! :( Helen or Nancy, you awake too???

Holidays can be hard for many people. I'll be on this thread on and off today to chat with anyone who wanders on. I hate for anyone to feel alone on a day like this....

**********Have a Blessed Thanksgiving!**********

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many alone. Would that I could invite them home for Thanksgiving.
20445.jpeg
This is our neighbor George Shell. We saw him sitting outside his place and stopped for a minute. He got up and tottered over saying "I'm only 41". We've known him since he was a little fellow. He has stage IV lung cancer.

He's only one of multitudes that are alone and sick today.

The great old time evangelist Smith Wigglesworth would take his limited resources and gather the poor from the docks, streets and alleys and make the best feast he could for them. I read of many miracles God did through him, but none do I remember more than gathering the poor for a good meal.

I think that each of us are thankful and can't help but remember how many out there are in such dire straits. I'm not wealthy by any means but compared to many I know of I'm rich as a king.

I am thankful this day and every day. As Christians we know every day is Thanksgiving and we are more behind on thanks to God than anything else.

PTL_0-360x640.jpg

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 4686
This is our neighbor George Shell. We saw him sitting outside his place and stopped for a minute. He got up and tottered over saying "I'm only 41". We've known him since he was a little fellow. He has stage IV lung cancer.

The great old time evangelist Smith Wigglesworth would take his limited resources and gather the poor from the docks, streets and alleys and make the best feast he could for them. I read of many miracles God did through him, but none do I remember more than gathering the poor for a good meal.

I think that each of us are thankful and can't help but remember how many out there are in such dire straits. I'm not wealthy by any means but compared to many I know of I'm rich as a king.

I am thankful this day and every day. As Christians we know every day is Thanksgiving and we are more behind on thanks to God than anything else.

View attachment 4687
Nice graphic! I said a prayer for your neighbor.

I've enjoyed the writings of Wigglesworth too!

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 4686

View attachment 4687
Blessings for George....first thought I always have when I hear of someone with a terminal illness is "are they saved?".....and this comes from the fact that my husband died in 1999 and I interceded on his behalf for his salvation before he died. 2 weeks before he died we had just left the hospital and I was hiding my tears but he saw them and said "you ever hear of T.D. Jakes?" and of course I said yes..."well I have been watching him a lot and I just want you to know that everything is good...I have made my peace with God...and we are pretty tight now."....although I would rather him be healed and alive I was thankful for his salvation and that the Holy Spirit ministered to his heart and he got saved.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings for George....first thought I always have when I hear of someone with a terminal illness is "are they saved?".....and this comes from the fact that my husband died in 1999 and I interceded on his behalf for his salvation before he died. 2 weeks before he died we had just left the hospital and I was hiding my tears but he saw them and said "you ever hear of T.D. Jakes?" and of course I said yes..."well I have been watching him a lot and I just want you to know that everything is good...I have made my peace with God...and we are pretty tight now."....although I would rather him be healed and alive I was thankful for his salvation and that the Holy Spirit ministered to his heart and he got saved.

What a bitter sweet testimony. I'm glad that he's in heaven, but I know how much you must miss him. Holidays can be the hardest days when you miss a loved ones. Prayers for you too!

My husband died right after Christmas a few years back. My girls and I just try to stay busy with some fun stuff. It's hard.

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a bitter sweet testimony. I'm glad that he's in heaven, but I know how much you must miss him. Holidays can be the hardest days when you miss a loved ones. Prayers to you too!

My husband died right after Christmas a few years back. My girls and I just try to stay busy with some fun stuff. It's hard.
65886944e08e587ed5497d713005f2e3--prayers-god.jpg

I truly do know what you are going through...lifting you up in prayer this holiday season my sister!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pray for George to be saved if he is not along with healing. His sister who was even younger died several years ago. Their family has always been very poor..

The older I get seems all I can see is affliction in every direction. Jesus in us causes us to see things very differently than the world.

God help all who are alone and bereaved. My wife and I have been married for 52 years and still paddle on.

Years ago visiting prophet at a service looked at us and said "I see this couple here as in a canoe paddling together in the same direction".

Our old canoe is dented and beat up by the rapids of life but praise God we're still paddling on!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pray for George to be saved if he is not along with healing. His sister who was even younger died several years ago. Their family has always been very poor..

The older I get seems all I can see is affliction in every direction. Jesus in us causes us to see things very differently than the world.

God help all who are alone and bereaved. My wife and I have been married for 52 years and still paddle on.

Years ago visiting prophet at a service looked at us and said "I see this couple here as in a canoe paddling together in the same direction".

Our old canoe is dented and beat up by the rapids of life but praise God we're still paddling on!

I like that--"paddling together in the same direction." Nice analogy. Too many married couples are trying to paddle in different directions, I guess.

Reactions: Nancy