FELLOWSHIP HERE

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bb clarinet like Benny Goodman played. (I'm showing my age LOL) What about you? Do you play any instruments?
Oh I just play some guitar chords and, for my own entertainment, lol. I am not very good so, I guess you could say I am a closet guitarist :D I like to get chords for my favorite songs and play them while I'm alone. Love Lauren Daigle songs, some Hillsong and several others that are fairly easy to play, lol.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I just play some guitar chords and, for my own entertainment, lol. I am not very good so, I guess you could say I am a closet guitarist :D I like to get chords for my favorite songs and play them while I'm alone. Love Lauren Daigle songs, some Hillsong and several others that are fairly easy to play, lol.
Ah, a fellow guitarist! I took up guitar in high school to learn John Denver songs. LOL

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, a fellow guitarist! I took up guitar in high school to learn John Denver songs. LOL
Ha! I took it up to play Heart, Chrissy Hynde, Emmylou Harris, Creedence and a slew of other secular songs back then, and I still have my 3 ring binder with all those songs in there, only now I have bunches of Christian songs added ♥

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ha! I took it up to play Heart, Chrissy Hynde, Emmylou Harris, Creedence and a slew of other secular songs back then, and I still have my 3 ring binder with all those songs in there, only now I have bunches of Christian songs added ♥
Haven't heard those names in ages! Creedence, really? What songs of theirs did you learn?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Roy Orbison...Waylon Jennings...Janis Joplin...actually, my book is pretty thick lol.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol! Oh, lookin out my back door, Here Comes the Rain and a couple others I cannot recall. I love the oldies.
That's so funny! I played Looking out my Back Door from iTunes for my girls recently. It was one of my favorites.

How about Willie Nelson?

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My favorites bands/artists were Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young; Cat Stevens; Chicago; Seals and Crofts; James Taylor, I loved him!

I never got into Janice Joplin much. My older brother loved her, but her voice was not easy to listen to.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's so funny! I played Looking out my Back Door from iTunes for my girls recently. It was one of my favorites.

How about Willie Nelson?
Tried working on Blue Eyes Crying in The Rain but, have a tough time with some of the chords...short fingers :oops: Love Willie! Not sure but, I might have one or two more of his in there. Now I will have to pull that book out! Hahaha. And, I have hardly picked the guitar up in years. I have an old 1942 or 3 Gibson acoustic I just had repaired as the old bone tuning keys disintegrated one by one, lol. The guitar is okay sounding but, I have heard better sound in some of the cheaper ones over the years.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tried working on Blue Eyes Crying in The Rain but, have a tough time with some of the chords...short fingers :oops: Love Willie! Not sure but, I might have one or two more of his in there. Now I will have to pull that book out! Hahaha. And, I have hardly picked the guitar up in years. I have an old 1942 or 3 Gibson acoustic I just had repaired as the old bone tuning keys disintegrated one by one, lol. The guitar is okay sounding but, I have heard better sound in some of the cheaper ones over the years.

I posted a comment up above for you, but I forgot to hit reply, so don't know if you saw it.

Willie is a legend. Don't much care or his politics of late, but he has some good songs (On the Road Again...), and the best thing about him is that he's Texan! LOL

A '42 Gibson, huh? Sounds like it could be worth something.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My favorites bands/artists were Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young; Cat Stevens; Chicago; Seals and Crofts; James Taylor, I loved him!

I never got into Janice Joplin much. My older brother loved her, but her voice was not easy to listen to.
I was more into her passion and vulnerability, although upon first hearing her, I thought the same thing and, eventually I became one of her biggest fans, lol.
Little Girl Blue Youtube - Yahoo Video Search Results

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I posted a comment up above for you, but I forgot to hit reply, so don't know if you saw it.

Willie is a legend. Don't much care or his politics of late, but he has some good songs (On the Road Again...), and the best thing about him is that he's Texan! LOL

A '42 Gibson, huh? Sounds like it could be worth something.
My favorite Willie album is Willie and friends...great guest singers with him on there, including Waylon! The Gibson would have probably been worth more had I not had the tuner keys and bars replaced...although, I kept the originals ;)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My favorite Willie album is Willie and friends...great guest singers with him on there, including Waylon! The Gibson would have probably been worth more had I not had the tuner keys and bars replaced...although, I kept the originals ;)

"Back to Lukenbach, Texas with Willie and Waylon and the boys...." You know that one?