FELLOWSHIP HERE

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two of my daughters and I just got back from seeing the new Nutcracker movie at the theater. It was pretty good--not as much ballet as I had hoped, but the story was interesting. Good against evil with a twist. I really enjoyed the music. Tchaikovsky is one of my favorite classical composers. I had the privilege of playing the Finale of his 4th symphony in the Texas All-State Band back in the day, but I digress.

Before the movie, there was a preview of the new Mary Poppins movie coming out. I really can't see anyone but Julie Andrews in the part, but the new Mary said something interesting--"Nothing is ever really lost, just out of place." I thought about loved ones we've lost who are in heaven. Of course, they're not out of place there. They're only out of place from our perspective because they're not here with us. But they're not lost! And we will see them before too long.

They also had a preview of the new Lego Movie coming out in February. It looks hilarious. Anybody see the first Lego Movie? Everything is awesome! :D

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, I got some sleep, and here I am awake at 3 in the morn! :( Helen or Nancy, you awake too???

:D
Last night was much better for me...the night before I got 2.1/2 hours only. :(
But last night was good.
Now, if this Site 'got it together' , then those of us in the west, would have someone to chat to...if the Australians posted more :D
They are awake when we are asleep ( or supposed to be sleeping!)
By the time they wake up, we have been posting for a while..and they have something to read. I've been on here at night when not one other person was on.

Once I was so thrilled to find our friend @aspen on here too, we chatted for ages ...until we both decided to see if we could get back to sleep again.

@aspen where are you? You are missed.♥︎

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:D
Last night was much better for me...the night before I got 2.1/2 hours only. :(
But last night was good.
Now, if this Site 'got it together' , then those of us in the west, would have someone to chat to...if the Australians posted more :D
They are awake when we are asleep ( or supposed to be sleeping!)
By the time they wake up, we have been posting for a while..and they have something to read. I've been on here at night when not one other person was on.

Once I was so thrilled to find our friend @aspen on here too, we chatted for ages ...until we both decided to see if we could get back to sleep again.

@aspen where are you? You are missed.♥︎

Sounds like a plan! You just need to get the word out. LOL

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes we just need some good fellowship--sharing our hearts and experiences with one another.... Hopefully, this thread can be a place for that.

OFFICIAL RULES:
1.) There are no off-topic topics in this thread.
2.) There will be no arguing, theologizing, sermonizing, etc. (Bible verses are welcome as long as they are used to encourage others.)
3.) Everyone will like everyone else's posts. :)
4.) Everyone will have some fun, unless you feel like crying. In that case, we can help you have a good cry.
5.) Seriously, let LOVE be your aim in this thread!!!!!
"Love" this thread! ♥

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! I am happy to share that God opened a door of opportunity for me and this is my second week on the job....it has been a long time since I have worked. I give Him all the Glory and Praise....(I posted the full testimony in the testimonial forum)
Well, I pray you will be a shining example of His love in this new job, and that you will be blessed abundantly! I did read your testimony and it was very heartfelt, thank you for sharing. ♥

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, Helen, glad that you made it to the thread! I know what you mean about sleep. My sleep patterns have been whacked out too. I decided a long time ago that if the devil kept me awake at night, I'd use that time to pray for people and make a dent in his plans.
That's some good defense sister! :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hallelujah! You mean a place that I can relate personal experiences with God and not be told I'm mistaken? Vunderbar!

A place to say God spoke to me and not be called deranged? Superb!

A place to say God stays the same? Excellent.

I'm not certain I feel comfortable without being assaulted with a pillowcase filled with scriptures!

But I'll try. Bless you all that yearn for more if Jesus and his doings.

Jesus asked "what things" ?.

This sprang to mind. Being a lifetime outdoorsman, hunter, fisherman, wood cutter, trekker I've seen God in nature many many times. Deer hunting, he sent deer that came from nowhere and stood broadside to me as if to say "here I am, God sent me to you for you and your family". This happens time and again.

Not ALL is harvesting. I've spent hundreds of hours observing nature in remote places. Beautiful things he made. Watching fawns chase each other like playful children as their mothers grazed is a fond memory. They would run so fast they would get very near the ground in a tan blur as they chased one another.

Watching a mother bobcat teaching her two small clubs to hunt while the alarmed Bluejays told everyone in the woods that danger was near.

At twilight seeing a large lone wolf sitting on the crest of a hill as the sun set behind him.

Sitting on our porch as the sun sets and small flights of wood ducks sped above the stream below me looking for a quiet pool to spend the night.

This remembrance leads me to a writing the Lord gave me about flowing waters. Shall I bore you? Of course! After all, he gave it.

This is the story of a River's beginnings as mere raindrops high in the mountains and growing to a mighty flow.

By Frank Lee Jennings
all rights reserved ©2016

Revised Christmas day 2017 4am

Away up high the showers fall
from clouds a rushing by
to feed the little trickles
a falling from the sky

and drenching there the mountain lands
that father sea bound streams
and raise them up to seek their way
and glory in their dreams

beads forming, drops merging
tiny streamlets all sprint down
scores and hundreds fingers joining
in mountain mazes winding round

off gray ledges waters leaping
grown to rushing, skyward heaping
waves whirl bounding, ever growing
cascades riot, rainstorms blowing

a swirl fest, boiling, frothy show
charging jagged flint below
headlong into pools and hollows
motley flotsam riding high

roaring steeply down through gorges
sheer faced mossy granite hands
rays of mist birth peacock rainbows
rush away to delta lands

wider now though often parting
joined again far from the starting
merged again through many turnings
blended waters onward churning

past the farms past the houses
past the little river towns
past the fields of row crops growing
fruit grows up while roots reach down

tribes of waters dance as one
gleaming in the noon day sun
shimmering under midnight moon
stealthy in a cloudy gloom

wheeling, tilting, cupping wings
scant above tan waves
speeding flights of waterfowl
on murky river twilight bays

darkly, boldly moving ever
dawn then twilight greet the river
greet fierce squalls and monsoon bands
flotsam, jetsam joining hands

river dwellers mull the flow
net gray schools that swim below
harvest wood that floats above
glean the harvest coming home

delta river brown and grown
wise with age, youth all sown
toiling toward the sea forever
labors ever, ever flowing
flowing flowing flowing down
You are a very good writer Frank. Awesome :)

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two of my daughters and I just got back from seeing the new Nutcracker movie at the theater. It was pretty good--not as much ballet as I had hoped, but the story was interesting. Good against evil with a twist. I really enjoyed the music. Tchaikovsky is one of my favorite classical composers. I had the privilege of playing the Finale of his 4th symphony in the Texas All-State Band back in the day, but I digress.

Before the movie, there was a preview of the new Mary Poppins movie coming out. I really can't see anyone but Julie Andrews in the part, but the new Mary said something interesting--"Nothing is ever really lost, just out of place." I thought about loved ones we've lost who are in heaven. Of course, they're not out of place there. They're only out of place from our perspective because they're not here with us. But they're not lost! And we will see them before too long.

They also had a preview of the new Lego Movie coming out in February. It looks hilarious. Anybody see the first Lego Movie? Everything is awesome! :D
I love both the Nutcracker and Mary Poppins...movies back then always had a good moral lesson in them. Kudos to you girl being in the band! My daughter was in band in 5th and 6th grade and they had the best band teacher in the state....with that being said they won the State Competition in Oklahoma. She was first chair clarinet.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has a definite sense of humour. Today...yes it began early, I received an important email which I had been waiting for. I tried to save it in gmail by putting it in "archive". Little did I know that this feature means delete until response back again.

When God winks at you...you have to wink back! ;)

We are here on God's agenda....not our own. :)

I put something in "archive" on Gmail too and cannot find it! It is (I believe) a new feature with the latest Gmail update. I do hope you can get another sent to you! But, maybe God thinks it better you wait a bit longer? Hmmm. ♥

Reactions: Episkopos

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love both the Nutcracker and Mary Poppins...movies back then always had a good moral lesson in them. Kudos to you girl being in the band! My daughter was in band in 5th and 6th grade and they had the best band teacher in the state....with that being said they won the State Competition in Oklahoma. She was first chair clarinet.
That is so cool about your daughter playing clarinet! That' what I played.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I pray you will be a shining example of His love in this new job, and that you will be blessed abundantly! I did read your testimony and it was very heartfelt, thank you for sharing. ♥
I love that song...we sing it in church often! Oh and thank you for that prayer!

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, congratulations for raising a gifted young lady! And, what instrument did you play @Prayer Warrior ?
EDIT: I just saw the post where you answered this PW! Oops!

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I got some sleep, and here I am awake at 3 in the morn! :( Helen or Nancy, you awake too???

Holidays can be hard for many people. I'll be on this thread on and off today to chat with anyone who wanders on. I hate for anyone to feel alone on a day like this....

**********Have a Blessed Thanksgiving!**********
Oh, I'm sorry PW, as a matter of fact, I have been up every 15-20 minutes
Blessings for George....first thought I always have when I hear of someone with a terminal illness is "are they saved?".....and this comes from the fact that my husband died in 1999 and I interceded on his behalf for his salvation before he died. 2 weeks before he died we had just left the hospital and I was hiding my tears but he saw them and said "you ever hear of T.D. Jakes?" and of course I said yes..."well I have been watching him a lot and I just want you to know that everything is good...I have made my peace with God...and we are pretty tight now."....although I would rather him be healed and alive I was thankful for his salvation and that the Holy Spirit ministered to his heart and he got saved.
What a beautiful yet bitter/sweet testimony about your husband. I hope his coming to a saving grace in Jesus brought you comfort ♥
EDIT: Somehow I did not finish about the being up every 15-20 minutes as one of my dogs has been very restless and has finally today, after 3 days of not eating he took a little bit of rice and boiled ground beef. He has been bringing up bile :( So, I will see how he does tonight...REALLY hoping for some sleep and some relief for his little self :( I don't usually turn on the computer once I am off it for the night and, yes...good, quiet time for prayer/reflection. ♥

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a bitter sweet testimony. I'm glad that he's in heaven, but I know how much you must miss him. Holidays can be the hardest days when you miss a loved ones. Prayers for you too!

My husband died right after Christmas a few years back. My girls and I just try to stay busy with some fun stuff. It's hard.

"What a bitter sweet testimony."
I just wrote something pretty similar to this, lol!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a bitter sweet testimony. I'm glad that he's in heaven, but I know how much you must miss him. Holidays can be the hardest days when you miss a loved ones. Prayers for you too!

My husband died right after Christmas a few years back. My girls and I just try to stay busy with some fun stuff. It's hard.
Oh you both have a sadness to share. I am so sorry for both of your losses. And, may the God of all comfort envelope you in His arms and bless and keep you and your family ♥

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like that--"paddling together in the same direction." Nice analogy. Too many married couples are trying to paddle in different directions, I guess.

"Too many married couples are trying to paddle in different directions..."
This is so prevalent in both Christian as well as non-Christian marriages. My own personal observation-at least in the Christian marriages-is that either one or both have taken their eyes off Jesus. Those spouses, such as Frank and his wife, they grow towards a common goal as a couple, as they seek the same thing ♥