Female Pastors

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
101G said:
and for you remark, we all have Bibles that we can read without the need for you to quote.
reading your bible is one thing, but understanding what you are reading is another. I request you read Isaiah 29:9-12. and re-read verses 11 & 12 over again.
I was asking you to use your own words instead of leaning on quotes that probably don't understand. I wasn't asking you to answer my specific example. I was asking for you to change your practices.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was asking you to use your own words instead of leaning on quotes that probably don't understand. I wasn't asking you to answer my specific example. I was asking for you to change your practices.

sorry, nada, Just as my Lord and Saviour don't change neither I.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God doesn't need to grow and you refuse to grow.

do you have anything intelligent to add to the topic, and not me :D ?, guess not, good day to you.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
jiggyfly said:
So you believe Christ marries His self? Do you believe Christ marries His brother or sister?

I'll ask this question again, do you believe the kingdom of God is comprised solely of the "church"?
Do you not know that Eve was created from the rib of Adam? Do you not know that Adam said to Eve, "You are bones of my bones, and flesh of my flesh?" So, yes, Christ married His body (which is the Church) just as Adam was married to Eve who was created from his own body. Do you now understand the reason then why the Apostle Paul told husbands to love their wives as their own bodies (See Ephesians 5:28). The kingdom of God comprises of all people who believe and have come to know Jesus Christ our Lord. And who are these people. They are God's family (His Church). Did you think that His kingdom would consist of people who believe in Buddhism or Hinduism??

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Selene,
this is getting interesting on this marriage thing. I have a question, just a question. is this marriage according to the Spirit, or according to the flesh. since you mention Adam and Eve?.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Selene said:
Do you not know that Eve was created from the rib of Adam? Do you not know that Adam said to Eve, "You are bones of my bones, and flesh of my flesh?" So, yes, Christ married His body (which is the Church) just as Adam was married to Eve who was created from his own body. Do you now understand the reason then why the Apostle Paul told husbands to love their wives as their own bodies (See Ephesians 5:28). The kingdom of God comprises of all people who believe and have come to know Jesus Christ our Lord. And who are these people. They are God's family (His Church). Did you think that His kingdom would consist of people who believe in Buddhism or Hinduism??
Ok now several more questions, who do you suppose the ekklesia will rule and reign over in God's kingdom? Is the kingdom of God a tree? Is it yeast? Is it a farmer?
Is the kingdom of heaven five foolish and five wise virgins? Is the kingdom of heaven a fishing net?

These were/are just analogies aren't they.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
jiggyfly said:
Ok now several more questions, who do you suppose the ekklesia will rule and reign over in God's kingdom? Is the kingdom of God a tree? Is it yeast? Is it a farmer?
Is the kingdom of heaven five foolish and five wise virgins? Is the kingdom of heaven a fishing net?

These were/are just analogies aren't they.
Not everything in the Bible is an analogy. For example, God creating Eve from the rib of Adam.....was that an analogy??

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Selene said:
Not everything in the Bible is an analogy. For example, God creating Eve from the rib of Adam.....was that an analogy??
Absolutely not but if you are to read closer you will or at least should recognize that in the scriptures that speak of ekklesia being as a bride, the Lord's love for ekklesia like a husband and new Jerusalem appeared as a bride adorned for her husband are all the same, simply analogies. Read the scriptures again closely without trying to support your paradigm and see if you come up with something different.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
jiggyfly said:
Absolutely not but if you are to read closer you will or at least should recognize that in the scriptures that speak of ekklesia being as a bride, the Lord's love for ekklesia like a husband and new Jerusalem appeared as a bride adorned for her husband are all the same, simply analogies. Read the scriptures again closely without trying to support your paradigm and see if you come up with something different.
They're not analogies. The marriage between man and woman (which is found in Genesis at the BEGINNING of the Bible) is a reflection of the marriage between Christ and His Church in Revelations (which is found at the END of the Bible). God put Adam to sleep and opened his side and Eve was created from the side of Adam. Christ was also put to sleep (death on the cross) and His side was opened with a lance, and His Bride the Church was formed and was given the Holy Spirit at Pentecost.

Do you know what is in the MIDDLE of the Bible?? It is the Song of Songs, which is an erotic love song between two lovers. The whole Bible speaks of love from beginning to end because God is love who brought salvation to mankind.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greeting to all in the name of the Lord Jesus.

this marriage of the bride to our Lord and Saviour Jesus the Christ is indeed getting interesting. where are all the so called Hermeneutics experts, Polt, JB?. can we get any help here.
I not an Hermeneutics experts :( . I have not attain it all, as you have. I still ask questions.

so let me start with this question. 2 Selene, since you brought up Adam and Eve, Genesis 2:23 "And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man". I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but consider this. Adam said flesh of my flesh, bone of my bone. is there something missing here?. question, is the woman spirit of his spirit?. if not WHY?. another question, do the joining of flesh and bone constitute a marriage?. I say NO. so carnally there is no marriage according to the flesh, I could be wrong. well, what about the resurrected flesh and bone which is the spiritual "BODY". I can't buy that either. reason, scripture, Matthew 22:23 "The same day came to him the Sadducees, which say that there is no resurrection, and asked him, 24 Saying, Master, Moses said, If a man die, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother. 25 Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first, when he had married a wife, deceased, and, having no issue, left his wife unto his brother: 26 Likewise the second also, and the third, unto the seventh. 27 And last of all the woman died also. 28 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her. 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven".
well, well, well, and another well. to all my Hermeneutics experts, Polt, JB, what do you say about that. listen to was was said, verse 25 "Now there were with us seven brethren". with us is the kinsman of the same nation, Israel, because he said that they was BROTHERS. but our Lord says something that caught my attention, verse 29, he said, "Ye do err". but then he continue on by saying, verse 30, "For in the resurrection "they" neither marry", hold it, question, "who is the they that neither marry nor are given in marriage". who is our Lord is talking about here?. from the context, it seem that the subject is the Israelites, but was it not the Sadducees who asked the question. so who are the "they"?

I will wait and listen.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Selene said:
They're not analogies. The marriage between man and woman (which is found in Genesis at the BEGINNING of the Bible) is a reflection of the marriage between Christ and His Church in Revelations (which is found at the END of the Bible). God put Adam to sleep and opened his side and Eve was created from the side of Adam. Christ was also put to sleep (death on the cross) and His side was opened with a lance, and His Bride the Church was formed and was given the Holy Spirit at Pentecost.

Do you know what is in the MIDDLE of the Bible?? It is the Song of Songs, which is an erotic love song between two lovers. The whole Bible speaks of love from beginning to end because God is love who brought salvation to mankind.
Wow you are a fast reader, lol.
Do you think that Jesus would share His bride with another? Would He give someone else authority over her and make her go to them before they could come to Him?

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
jiggyfly said:
Wow you are a fast reader, lol.
Do you think that Jesus would share His bride with another? Would He give someone else authority over her and make her go to them before they could come to Him?
Share His bride?? And whom do you think Christ was going to share His bride with....Buddha?? The Hindu gods?? Christ is the Head of His Church and He has authority over His Church (His Bride).

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Selene said:
Share His bride?? And whom do you think Christ was going to share His bride with....Buddha?? The Hindu gods?? Christ is the Head of His Church and He has authority over His Church (His Bride).
You said this on the first page.
I said that men are the head of the family just as the pastor or priest is the head of God's family on earth.
you said that the priest is the head of God's family and later said that Christ is the head. In your concept is God's family a different entity the the Lord's bride???

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
101G said:
Greeting to all in the name of the Lord Jesus.

this marriage of the bride to our Lord and Saviour Jesus the Christ is indeed getting interesting. where are all the so called Hermeneutics experts, Polt, JB?. can we get any help here.
I not an Hermeneutics experts :( . I have not attain it all, as you have. I still ask questions.

so let me start with this question. 2 Selene, since you brought up Adam and Eve, Genesis 2:23 "And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man". I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but consider this. Adam said flesh of my flesh, bone of my bone. is there something missing here?. question, is the woman spirit of his spirit?. if not WHY?. another question, do the joining of flesh and bone constitute a marriage?. I say NO. so carnally there is no marriage according to the flesh, I could be wrong. well, what about the resurrected flesh and bone which is the spiritual "BODY". I can't buy that either. reason, scripture, Matthew 22:23 "The same day came to him the Sadducees, which say that there is no resurrection, and asked him, 24 Saying, Master, Moses said, If a man die, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother. 25 Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first, when he had married a wife, deceased, and, having no issue, left his wife unto his brother: 26 Likewise the second also, and the third, unto the seventh. 27 And last of all the woman died also. 28 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her. 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven".
well, well, well, and another well. to all my Hermeneutics experts, Polt, JB, what do you say about that. listen to was was said, verse 25 "Now there were with us seven brethren". with us is the kinsman of the same nation, Israel, because he said that they was BROTHERS. but our Lord says something that caught my attention, verse 29, he said, "Ye do err". but then he continue on by saying, verse 30, "For in the resurrection "they" neither marry", hold it, question, "who is the they that neither marry nor are given in marriage". who is our Lord is talking about here?. from the context, it seem that the subject is the Israelites, but was it not the Sadducees who asked the question. so who are the "they"?

I will wait and listen.
the answer to your question is that the "they" that are being referred too are the 7 brothers. we know this because in order to be a "they" there has to be more than one and also matt 22:23 is the sadducees asking a question so Jesus cannot be talking about them.

in case you did not know this the sadducees did not believe in the resurrection of the dead. as you already probably know is that they were trying to trick Jesus with a question so they could use Jesus' answer against him.

so basically what is being asked of Jesus is that if a woman was married to 7 people on earth and when she died and went to heaven then which one of the seven would be her husband in heaven?

Jesus answers that "they"(these are men and women that die) don't marry or are not given in marriage but are just like the angels in heaven. There must be something that the jews knew that angels do not marry in heaven or Jesus' answer would of caused a debate but since we knew that there was no argument then we do know that what Jesus said was correct. if anyone knows where scripture says angels cannot marry i would like to know.

101G says
Adam said flesh of my flesh, bone of my bone. is there something missing here?. question, is the woman spirit of his spirit?. if not WHY?.

the answer i believe is no because God is being symbolic here. as you probably already know, the whole bible is all about Jesus and the old testament is a type and shadow of what is to come and that the new testament explains the old testament. here God created woman from the side of man as the church came out of Christ's side. the Word teaches in gen 3:16 Yet your desire and craving will be for your husband, and he will rule over you. this was because of what happened to eve as a result of her disobediance but it was not meant to be this way from the beginning.

101G says
do the joining of flesh and bone constitute a marriage?

that depends upon what you mean by the joining of flesh and bone.

God bless

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 7angels, GINOLJC
the answer to your question is that the "they" that are being referred too are the 7 brothers. we know this because in order to be a "they" there has to be more than one and also matt 22:23 is the sadducees asking a question so Jesus cannot be talking about them.

thanks, but that I know. but the implication, which is not just limited to the 7 brothers only out of the whole nation. no, I don't think so. the implication is this. in the resurrection there will be people who will not be married, nor given in marriage. and the one's in question here are of the tribes of Israel. if these are the chosen people and they are not in a marriage, (especially to Christ), I'm not saying all. that leaves the question who is then. because the apostle Paul said, 2 Corinthians 11:2 "For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him".
wait a minute, is not the apostle Paul in the body of the church?. so why is he espousing this church as a chaste virgin to Christ. I have my reason for this but I'll hold my view for now. so 7angel what's your take on this?.

2 7angels,
sorry forgot to answer your second part.
101G says Adam said flesh of my flesh, bone of my bone. is there something missing here?. question, is the woman spirit of his spirit?. if not WHY?.
the answer i believe is no because God is being symbolic here. as you probably already know, the whole bible is all about Jesus and the old testament is a type and shadow of what is to come and that the new testament explains the old testament. here God created woman from the side of man as the church came out of Christ's side. the Word teaches in gen 3:16 Yet your desire and craving will be for your husband, and he will rule over you. this was because of what happened to eve as a result of her disobediance but it was not meant to be this way from the beginning.

Here is where I must disagree with you. all women are not Married, according to the flesh, some are "VIRGINS". so this marriage is not talking about a "BODY" as one. for Eve flesh was the same flesh as her husband Adam, as well as her bones. so the analogy of a wife married in the flesh so that her husband can rule over her is not getting it here. there is, or must be something more.

101G says
do the joining of flesh and bone constitute a marriage?

that depends upon what you mean by the joining of flesh and bone.
How can one join something that is already one in the same?. Eve flesh was Adam flesh, so the one flesh is already known. that's nothing new.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
jiggyfly said:
You said this on the first page.

you said that the priest is the head of God's family and later said that Christ is the head. In your concept is God's family a different entity the the Lord's bride???

A human family, which consist of human father, human mother, human child......who is the head in this human family?? It is the human father.....or in other words, the human husband.

In the case of the priest, you have a human priest, and many members in a human congregation. Who is considered the Head of this human congregation? It is the priest.

In the case of Christ and His divine Church (which consist of the human priest, the many members of the human congregation, the human father with the human mother,and the human child), who is the head in this divine Church?? It is Christ. There is a hierarchy in God's family. That hierarchy is God, Christ, human priest, and human husband.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Selene
That hierarchy is God, Christ, human priest, and human husband.

Human Priest?, scripture please

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
Say what you will about the Catholic Church, but when they ruled, there wasn't this doctrinal chaos from crazies, dullards, and liars pimping false doctrine.

On the issue of female pastors, the Bible, 1 Timothy 3:2, says an overseer must be the husband of one wife. Many English translations say exactly this. Credit to Young's Literal Translation which even keeps the same word order as the Greek, of one wife a husband. Clear enough. An overseer is to be a man who has and only has had one wife. Let's look at some less than honest translations:

The NIV says, faithful to his wife. The NLT also uses similar language. Eliminated is the reference to one, thus allow divorce and remarriage. And, the man is reduced to a mere pronoun, as if the only reason it's masculine is that English doesn't have a singular gender-neutral pronoun. Some sorry excuses for translations go ahead and drop "his" for "they". Faithful to their spouse. Now, the door is opened homosexual couples, even polygamists.

As for me, I'll trust in God's word. And, I'll ignore the teaching of the servants of Satan who teach something else, no matter how many misused Bible quotes they pepper their speech with.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Polt. greeting
you said that you will trust God word?, ok lets see
Romans 16:1 " I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea: 2 That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also".

God word said receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints. and that she is a succourer of many
that's God Word, Now Polt, what do succourer mean here?. I'll let you answer.