Female Pastors

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
101G said:
2 Selene
That hierarchy is God, Christ, human priest, and human husband.

Human Priest?, scripture please
Go to the blue letter Bible and type in "priest." There are priests in the Old and New Testament.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Selene
There are priests in the Old and New Testament.

Sorry but I'm under the NEW TESTAMENT. I'm surprise of you Selene, you know better than that, but Oh well, still have that veil on for Moses and the Law.

I tell you the truth. there are some good minds gone to waste here on this board. so more of the women in here who oppose the topic heading, most are highly talented. but with a lost of liberty. I thank God for the women who actually see the light and did not let their gift go to waste. just imagine how many soul could have have been converted. and taught the right way of the Lord Jesus.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Selene said:
A human family, which consist of human father, human mother, human child......who is the head in this human family?? It is the human father.....or in other words, the human husband.

In the case of the priest, you have a human priest, and many members in a human congregation. Who is considered the Head of this human congregation? It is the priest.

In the case of Christ and His divine Church (which consist of the human priest, the many members of the human congregation, the human father with the human mother,and the human child), who is the head in this divine Church?? It is Christ. There is a hierarchy in God's family. That hierarchy is God, Christ, human priest, and human husband.
Any scripture to support a priest being the head of the local body? How can a religious priest be the head of Christ's bride??? You have some conflict in your concept dontcha?

As far as your hierarchy goes, Jesus said we are all on the same level.
8 “Don’t let anyone call you ‘Rabbi,’ for you have only one teacher, and all of you are equal as brothers and sisters. 9 And don’t address anyone here on earth as ‘Father,’ for only God in heaven is your spiritual Father.10 And don’t let anyone call you ‘Teacher,’ for you have only one teacher, the Messiah.11 The greatest among you must be a servant.12 But those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.
Matt 23:8-12 (NLT)
Seems you just keep digging a deeper hole Selene, not all tradition is scriptural.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
101G said:
2 Selene
There are priests in the Old and New Testament.

Sorry but I'm under the NEW TESTAMENT. I'm surprise of you Selene, you know better than that, but Oh well, still have that veil on for Moses and the Law.

I tell you the truth. there are some good minds gone to waste here on this board. so more of the women in here who oppose the topic heading, most are highly talented. but with a lost of liberty. I thank God for the women who actually see the light and did not let their gift go to waste. just imagine how many soul could have have been converted. and taught the right way of the Lord Jesus.
Good woman don't squander their talent nor their intelligence. They are known by their obedience to Christ. Proverbs 31, etc

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
101G said:
2 Polt. greeting
you said that you will trust God word?, ok lets see
Romans 16:1 " I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea: 2 That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also".

God word said receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints. and that she is a succourer of many
that's God Word, Now Polt, what do succourer mean here?. I'll let you answer.
101G, is Paul not allowed to give a lady a compliment without you trying to hijack his words? Do you want me to believe something as glaringly ridiculous as Phoebe leading or ruling over Paul? No, Phoebe, as commendable as she was, was only a helper. Succourer means helper. Maybe you meant to complain that the KJV and other translations mistranslated? You should show some leadership and lead yourself away from your bad position that leads nowhere good.

You like quotes:

succourer

World English Dictionary
succour or succor (ˈsʌkə)

— n
1. help or assistance, esp in time of difficulty
2. a person or thing that provides help

— vb
3. ( tr ) to give aid to

JB_Reformed Baptist

Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Selene said:
Go to the blue letter Bible and type in "priest." There are priests in the Old and New Testament.
I think they believe they can lure you into an untenable position. It may be time to... . Those who foresee the evil and hide themselves are wise. Proverbs 22:3

SHALOM :)

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 jb
They are known by their obedience to Christ. Proverbs 31, etc

well the new testament woman is KNOWN "IN" obedience by the Power of GOD, EMPOWERED by GOD HIMSELF, the HOLY SPIRIT. Like our Sister Phebe Romans 16, the Pastor, the BISHOP. with Euodias, and Syntyche, Philippians 4:2 since you want to use scriptures. LOL.

see jb, the Spirit was not given as he is now. but it was promised in the O.T., listen Zechariah 4:6 "Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts" and who get the POWER?, Joel 2:28 "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: 29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit". your daughters shall prophesy ,and just as you said, They are known by their obedience to Christ. LOL, they are obedience, in preaching the gospel which I see you still need preaching to. :D

see ya in the morning. hey dream dreams :rolleyes:

2 Polt.
LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, get yourself a REAL bible dictionary. I see why you are in ERROR so much.
the word, "succourer", here. according to Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Greek and Hebrew Dictionaries it's the word,
G4368 προστάτις prostatis (pros-tat'-is) n.
1. a patroness, i.e. assistant
[feminine of a derivative of G4291]
KJV: succourer
Root(s): G4291

this word is the feminine of the the MALE proistemi G4291 προΐστημι proistemi, which is for the male in that position.
G4291 προΐστημι proistemi (pro-is"'-tay-mee) v.
1. to stand before
2. (in rank) to preside
3. (by implication) to practise
[from G4253 and G2476]
KJV: maintain, be over, rule
Root(s): G4253, G2476

now do your homework
1st. look up what preside in #2 (in rank) to preside
2nd. you do know what "be over", means. and "rule"

see ya in the morning, LOL, :D

JB_Reformed Baptist

Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
101G said:
2 jb
They are known by their obedience to Christ. Proverbs 31, etc

well the new testament woman is KNOWN "IN" obedience by the Power of GOD, EMPOWERED by GOD HIMSELF, the HOLY SPIRIT. Like our Sister Phebe Romans 16, the Pastor, the BISHOP. with Euodias, and Syntyche, Philippians 4:2 since you want to use scriptures. LOL.
see jb, the Spirit was not given as he is now. but it was promised in the O.T., listen Zechariah 4:6 "Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts" and who get the POWER?, Joel 2:28 "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: 29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit". your daughters shall prophesy ,and just as you said, They are known by their obedience to Christ. LOL, they are obedience, in preaching the gospel which I see you still need preaching to. :D

see ya in the morning. hey dream dreams :rolleyes:

2 Polt.
LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, get yourself a REAL bible dictionary. I see why you are in ERROR so much.
the word, "succourer", here. according to Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Greek and Hebrew Dictionaries it's the word,
G4368 προστάτις prostatis (pros-tat'-is) n.
1. a patroness, i.e. assistant
[feminine of a derivative of G4291]
KJV: succourer
Root(s): G4291

this word is the feminine of the the MALE proistemi G4291 προΐστημι proistemi, which is for the male in that position.
G4291 προΐστημι proistemi (pro-is"'-tay-mee) v.
1. to stand before
2. (in rank) to preside
3. (by implication) to practise
[from G4253 and G2476]
KJV: maintain, be over, rule
Root(s): G4253, G2476

now do your homework
1st. look up what preside in #2 (in rank) to preside
2nd. you do know what "be over", means. and "rule"

see ya in the morning, LOL, :D
You do bang on my charismatic friend. As usual you make no sense and it appears your 'spirit(s)' work(s) overtime and is quite excitable. I wonder if you can control the thoughts in your head. I bet they incessantly role through just like waves. I wonder if your emotional life is all high, or you suffer from peaks and ebbs on a consistent basis. My bet is you're plagued with doubts that very few know about and you struggle to reconcile this.

In any case I leave you to your spirit guide(s) and to your inflated ego. That which is of the flesh is flesh... .

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 jb, greeting
I wonder if you can control the thoughts in your head. I bet they incessantly role through just like waves.
first of all jb, I didn't know that you was a betting man, "I bet". don't bet jb HAVE FAITH, AND BELIEVE.
you suffer from peaks and ebbs on a consistent basis.
so your a doctor also, first a betting man, now a doctor, that's your diagnosis of me. :D . I have a couple of scripture, (subscriptions for you to fill), since you said I had spirit(s). you will love this one, Luke 4:23 "And he said unto them, Ye will surely say unto me this proverb, Physician, heal thyself: whatsoever we have heard done in Capernaum, do also here in thy country. 24 And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country. 25 But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land; 26 But unto none of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta, a city of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow. 27 And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian. 28 And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath, 29 And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong. 30 But he passing through the midst of them went his way". sound like you there jb, (those of the synagogue of course :huh:).

In any case I leave you to your spirit guide(s). now you went from a doctor,( Physician), to witch doctor. fine, that's OK, I'l do like my Lord and Saviour, 30 But he passing through the midst of them went his way. I'll just pass right on by that.

now, for your other last inquire of me. yes I have true spirits in me from the Lord. let me give you just one, or two of them. #1 the spirit of JOY. did not our Lord and Saviour leave us his JOY?, to me he did, and I'm LOVING IT. that's why I'm Laughing and smiling because I'm having fun, JOY IN THE LORD. why is that you suppose?. because I'm FREE, I'm at liberty. listen real good jb, 2 Corinthians 3:17 "Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty". #2 the spirit of wisdom, and knowledge. and lastly, you said, "You do bang on my charismatic friend". who ME?, Oh no, they just keep putting their OWN foot in their OWN mouth all the time. but if I bang them as you say, I let my brother the apostle Paul address this, 2 Corinthians 11:6 "But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been throughly made manifest among you in all things".

with that said, see ya!. and do be blessed. :wub: all LOVE, JOY, and HAPPINESS.

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
101G, why is pushing your feminist heresy so important to you? Is there a lack of men willing to be ministers? Are women ministers doing a better job?

I did a Google search for the top ten women ministers, and this was the first hit. The first woman on the list, Anita Hill, is a lesbian who was instrumental in getting the Evangelical Lutheran Church to have lesbian ministers. Several of the other women on the list are also lesbians. The second woman on the list Asa Waldua, who claims herself to be the Bride of Christ. The third woman on the list is Becky Fischer, a cultish children's minister. Her and a few of the women on the list aren't pastoring churches. I see Paula "marriage is just for a short season" White is on the list, a serial divorcee who has totally trivialized divorce. Okay, at thirteen, White didn't actually make the top ten.

Yep, they're really helping to move America to Christ. Oh wait, that's not happening.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Polt, greeting
if that's all you can come up with, is negative gossip.

1 Corinthians 15:33 "Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners. 34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame".
what are you bitter?, Ephesians 4:29 "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, (well to late for you B) ), but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. 30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

2 Polt,
101G, why is pushing your feminist heresy so important to you? Is there a lack of men willing to be ministers? Are women ministers doing a better job?

why am I pushing feminist heresy. I started not to answer you concerning this. but the strong must bare the weak. #1. this have nothing to do with gender. #2 I'm not doing anything. it's the Lord Jesus who is bringing light to a dark world. this is not of 101G. #3. I'm not pushing, in your case, its more of pulling, smile.

Look Polt, my contention is not with you or any one else. I'm only discharging my duty to inform those who seek the Lord in righteousness with knowledge and understanding on this topic of ("Females who teach, preach, and oversee"), the Lord's BODY. if you would have read the topic body, and not just the topic title, you would have known this. this topic is not for you. but for those who did not before, had foundation scripture to stand on concerning women in the ministry. the Lord Jesus chose me to present this for all to see and hear. and to support those whom he had called to the ministry that may have had doubts about their calling because they are female. this topic give these women the knowledge, and the understanding that they need to stand boldly before the world without any doubt of there calling, for they NOW have scripture to stand on when challenge on the matter.

so if you will in the name of the Lord Jesus, re-read the entire body of this topic and, NOT JUST THE TITLE, see if this is true or not. but be truthful. ok?.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Polt said:

I did a Google search for the top ten women ministers, and this was the first hit. The first woman on the list, Anita Hill, is a lesbian who was instrumental in getting the Evangelical Lutheran Church to have lesbian ministers. Several of the other women on the list are also lesbians. The second woman on the list Asa Waldua, who claims herself to be the Bride of Christ. The third woman on the list is Becky Fischer, a cultish children's minister. Her and a few of the women on the list aren't pastoring churches. I see Paula "marriage is just for a short season" White is on the list, a serial divorcee who has totally trivialized divorce. Okay, at thirteen, White didn't actually make the top ten.

Yep, they're really helping to move America to Christ. Oh wait, that's not happening.
Yes, now we see why the Bible says that women are not supposed to be pastors. These are also the same women who say that God is a Mother and Jesus is also not just the Son of God, but a Daughter.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Selene, GINOLJC
Yes, now we see why the Bible says that women are not supposed to be pastors. These are also the same women who say that God is a Mother and Jesus is also not just the Son of God, but a Daughter.

Selene, I thought you had better sense than that. stooping to this kind nonsense. I will not stoop to that level. 1 Timothy 4:1 "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; (so Polt seared you with his filthy communication from the internet, so now all women preachers fall into that category?). 3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. 4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: 5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer. 6 If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained. 7 But refuse profane and old wives' fables, (an old wives tail, one then all), and exercise thyself rather unto godliness. 8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, (well Selene your godliness have just went out the door), having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come. 9 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation".

be blessed.

To all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

lets up the stakes a little. a few feathers should be ruffled

More women preachers, and teachers.
Rom 16:12 Salute Tryphena and Tryphosa, who labour in the Lord. Salute the beloved Persis,
which laboured much in the Lord. Acts 2:39 “For the promise is unto you, and to your children (male, Females), and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call”. I put a question mark at the end of the first sentence. because all teachers are not preachers and all preachers or not teachers. but the result is the same, bring souls to Christ. scripture: Matthews 9:37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few. 9:38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest". I wonder just how many are really praying for "MALE ONLY LABOURERS". Keep in mind the word labourers.
too many females (women) are missing their calling in the ministry. because of one or two reasons. 1. the fear of being disobedient. And or 2. the lack of knowledge. meaning not having scripture to accept their calling.

"where there is knowledge, stay not ignorant".

Net Bible definition
Greek Strongs #5170: Trufaina Truphaina
Tryphena = "luxurious"
1) a Christian woman
Greek Strongs #5173: Trufwsa Truphosa
Tryphosa = "luxuriating"
1) a Christian woman
Greek Strongs #4069: persiv Persis
Persis = "a Persian woman"
1) a Christian woman at Rome
here are three women, overlooked in their work. they labour in the Lord. the key word or phase, is in the Lord.
lets look at the word Labour and Labourers.
ergates <2040>Labourer
Pronunciation: er-gat'-ace
Origin: from 2041
PrtSpch: n m
Reference: TDNT - 2:635,251
In Greek: ergatai 4, ergatav 6, ergathn 1, ergathv 3, ergatwn 2
In NET: workers 10, worker 4, evildoers 1, workmen 1
In AV: labourer 10, workman 3, worker 3
Definition: 1) a workman, a labourer
1a) usually one who works for hire esp. an agricultural worker
2) one who does, a worker, perpetrator
from 2041; a toiler; figuratively, a teacher:-labourer, worker(-men).
see GREEK for 2041
G2041 ἔργον ergon (er'-gon) n.
1. toil (as an effort or occupation)
2. (by implication) an act
[from a primary (but obsolete) ergo "to work"]
KJV: deed, doing, labour, work
from the definition, a labourer was a teacher ot preacher. Supportive scripture 2Timothy 2:15 “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth”. Was Timothy a preacher and or teacher?. “Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine". so a workman can be either of the two, or both. 2 Timothy 4:2 “ Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine”. 1 timothy 4:13. so a workman is a LABOURER.
are women teacher and preacher?. Yes. According to the definition given, supportive scripture. Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children (male, Females), and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. what is the promise, the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
supportive scripture: Matthews 9:37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few. Matthews 9:38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest". I know some, if they are praying, are praying had for MALE ONLY LABOURERS :D

Now the connection. The pattern is set from the first. On the day of Pentecost, the Apostle Peter is preaching. Acts 2:40 "And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation". what was the preaching consist of. 1. other words, (doctrine) 2. testifying, (witness), and 3. exhortation, (encourage). how and what do other words have to do with a workman? The pattern was followed by Paul and all others Preacher and teachers. Referering back to Timothy, as a preacher and teacher?. “Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine 2 Timothy 4:2 “ Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine”. 1 timothy 4:13. Now back to Acts 2:40 The Greek word (paraklesis) translated "exhortation", signifies, originally, "a calling near or for" (as an advocate or helper who should appeal on one's behalf), and carries the twofold sense of "exhortation" and "consolation". what is the definition of a workman, a labourer. who is a labourer, a helper. that's what these womens are, labourers in the lord, Workmen in the lord, helpers in the lord. what did these women do, just what Peter did on the day of Pentecost, and all of the others who labored, and worked in the lord. testifying, exhortation, and Doctrine (teaching). the Sum of it, preaching and teaching. B)

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
101G, three questions:

1) Do you believe Jesus is God

2) Do you approve of Bible translations that remove the word man (or husband), as found in all the Greek manuscripts, from 1 Timothy 3:2, an overseer is to be the husband of one wife?

3) Do you think Phoebe, a succourer to Paul, ruled, or lead, Paul?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Polt,
101G, three questions: OK

I believe God is Jesus, that just blew your mind, didn't it, :blink: and he is the ONLY ONE PERSON, the Spirit. Isaiah 43:11 "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
2) Do you approve of Bible translations that remove the word man (or husband), as found in all the Greek manuscripts, from 1 Timothy 3:2, an overseer is to be the husband of one wife?.
It's not of my approval or disapproval of any translation. but this is the only APPROVAL. scripture, 2 Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself "approved" unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth".
first off, what I "think" is useless, as well as what you "think". scripture Romans 16:1 " I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea: Romans 16:2 "That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also".
you're more worried about who's in charge, than receiving the word of God. do it matters who HE, THE LORD SENDS just pray that he send workers. and let me tell you this about who is in charge, the Lord JESUS is in CHARGE, he have all authority.he's over Paul and Phoebe, as well as he's is over you and I. instead of worrying about who's over you, just do the work the Lord have given you to do. don't worry about soneone else. just obey the Lord yourself.

be blessed.

GREETING TO ALL IN THE NAME OF THE LORD JESUS.

now to the question at had. can a female serve in (inside) the church, or churches, and in what capacity or role?. 1. as prophets (prophetess). 2. as teacher. 3. as Pastors. lets look at this scriptural and understand.

Scripture: 1Corinthain 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. these are set in the church. so a prophet ,is set, ordain, or appointed in the church. notice these positions are set in the church. they are (place there by God). so the woman of God is working inside the church. Here, in verse 28 of 1 Corinthians in the role of prophet. We know that women were, and is prophets, and the above scripture states that prophets are set in the church, not outside.
now lets look at an idiotic concept of men who say the woman suppose to be silent "IN THE CHURCH". scripture, 1 Corinthians 11:4 "Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head. 5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
here the word prophesying in verse 4, and the word prophesieth in verse 5 is the SAME Greek word.
G4395 προφητεύω propheteuo (prof-ate-yoo'-o) v.
1. to foretell events, divine, speak under inspiration, exercise the prophetic office
[from G4396]
KJV: prophesy
Root(s): G4396

now pause and think for a moment, #1. both men and women was prophesying inside the Church. re-read the scriptures again. #2. the apostle said, 1 Corinthians 14:1 "Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy. 2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries. 3 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort". HOLD IT. the apostle said that he who prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort. did one notice what was MISSING, yes, "foretelling events". this verses proves again that women was not just some future teller inside the church. read 1 Corinthians 11:4 & 5 again. lets continue verse 4 "He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church. (well there you have it). those who that prophesieth edifieth the church". not some of the church, but the church. see how idiotic this is.

well this should throw some more fat on the fire. :eek:

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
101G said:
I believe God is Jesus, that just blew your mind, didn't it, :blink: and he is the ONLY ONE PERSON, the Spirit. Isaiah 43:11 "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
2) Do you approve of Bible translations that remove the word man (or husband), as found in all the Greek manuscripts, from 1 Timothy 3:2, an overseer is to be the husband of one wife?.
It's not of my approval or disapproval of any translation. but this is the only APPROVAL. scripture, 2 Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself "approved" unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth".
first off, what I "think" is useless, as well as what you "think". scripture Romans 16:1 " I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea: Romans 16:2 "That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also".
you're more worried about who's in charge, tha
#1, Is Jesus God? A simple yes or no would have been enough. But, you didn't say yes. Instead you countered with something else. Your statement probably wouldn't alarm many Christians simply because they don't understand what you're really saying.

#2, Do you approve of Bible translators removing "husbands" from passage on overseers? You appear to have simply refused to answer.

#3, Did Phoebe rule over Paul? Your answer suggest the absurd notion that you think yes, she did. Or, maybe you refused to answer.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Polt, GINOLJC.

#1, Is Jesus God? A simple yes or no would have been enough. But, you didn't say yes. Instead you countered with something else. Your statement probably wouldn't alarm many Christians simply because they don't understand what you're really saying.

#2, Do you approve of Bible translators removing "husbands" from passage on overseers? You appear to have simply refused to answer.

#3, Did Phoebe rule over Paul? Your answer suggest the absurd notion that you think yes, she did. Or, maybe you refused to answer.

spoken like true false prophet, classic example of a false prophet at his best. my, my, my, confused, and even your confusion is confused. the Lord Jesus allowed me to answer you that way for a purpose. the foolishness of God is wiser than men.
1 Corinthians 1:17 "For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. 18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; (did my answers seem foolishness to you :D) 24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men".

be blessed.

Greeting to all in the name of the Lord Jesus.

well now, have all the opposer ran out of excuses?. or out of steam? :ph34r: .

I must say this was very revealing at some of the opposition that I ran into. some good points was brought out. but it only strengthen my position of my stance. that I thank the Lord Jesus for.

I would to thank all who participated in the discussion, may it edify all of us .

be blessed in the Lord.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I seriously cannot believe women are barred from the pulpit in the majority of Christian churches. After everything Jesus taught about equality between men and women! I can understand Paul being a former Pharisee and a man of his time, but we really have no excuse.

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
101G said:
The ground has been covered. All that's left to do is recover the same ground. A lot of people aren't up to that.

You say phoebe is a pastor, even though the two words used to describe her are never used in the Bible in reference to any person who is a known leader. You say Phoebe is a pastor, even though we're given no details of her activities that show her leading. All you have is Paul's compliments to Phoebe. You make assumptions about the literal meaning of those compliments and you also ignore the possibility of non-literal use of those terms. If this were a court of law, you might have enough evidence for a trial, but not enough to win the case. Even if Phoebe, called, in the same word for the person who brings drinks to the table at a restaurant, where a "pastor", she'd be an exception to the rule. You don't build principles from exceptions or isolated cases, unless you're being irrational. And, you take irrationality to extremes, believing Phoebe to rule over Paul. Sorry, 101G, Paul is the top of the foodchain. He corrects even Peter.

Acts 6:2 And the Twelve summoned the body of the disciples and said, "It is not right that we should give up preaching the word of God to deacon tables." If Phoebe is a leader, she's the only leader in the Bible called a deacon.

aspen2 said:
I seriously cannot believe women are barred from the pulpit in the majority of Christian churches. After everything Jesus taught about equality between men and women! I can understand Paul being a former Pharisee and a man of his time, but we really have no excuse.
You seriously cannot believe Jesus barred women from among his Twelve Apostles? After everything pagans taught Jesus about about equality between men and women!

JB_Reformed Baptist

Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
101G said:
2 Polt, GINOLJC.

spoken like true false prophet, classic example of a false prophet at his best. my, my, my, confused, and even your confusion is confused. the Lord Jesus allowed me to answer you that way for a purpose. the foolishness of God is wiser than men.
1 Corinthians 1:17 "For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. 18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; (did my answers seem foolishness to you :D) 24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men".

be blessed.

Greeting to all in the name of the Lord Jesus.

I must say this was very revealing at some of the opposition that I ran into. some good points was brought out. but it only strengthen my position of my stance. that I thank the Lord Jesus for.

I would to thank all who participated in the discussion, may it edify all of us .

be blessed in the Lord.

Again, you evaded Polt's question(s). Why can't you reciprocate a simple and straightforward question as it is given? i.e.

#1, Is Jesus God? A simple yes or no would have been enough. But, you didn't say yes.

Why the verbosity? Your cloaking, aren't you.