Female Pastors

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
My pastor is currently a woman and Im sure I will have another male pastor in time. Yet what gender my pasotr is does not effect me spiritually. For whether they are male or female I must have a personal relationship with Christ. Like I have said I have served under male and female pastoral leadership. In both instances they did not effect my spiritual growth. As long as they preach the Word of God, live holy and are led by the Holy Ghost I am fine.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying that Christ chose some women to be Apostles??
Romans 16:7 "Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
101G said:
Romans 16:7 "Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.
This verse is not saying that they are Apostles. St. Paul calls them his kinsmen and fellow prisoners who did outstanding work among the Apostles. "Among" means "with" or "by". They were outstanding people with the Apostles. See the Blue letter Bible below:

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G1722&t=KJV

I consider my co-worker outstanding among the people she work with, but that doesn't mean that she is in the same title and position of those people. The people my co-worker works with are different people in the department with different titles....our boss is one of those people she works with.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This verse is not saying that they are Apostles. St. Paul calls them his kinsmen and fellow prisoners who did outstanding work among the Apostles. "Among" means "with" or "by". They were outstanding people with the Apostles.
LOL,
follow the context, acid test the word "Note", and "among".

the context is fellowprisones, the "SAME AS PAUL" in the ministry.

Note"
G1978 ἐπίσημος episemos (ep-is'-ay-mos) adj.
1. remarkable
2. (figuratively) eminent
[from G1909 and some form of the base of G4591]
KJV: notable, of note
Root(s): G1909, G4591

Now, Among
G1722 ἔν en (en) n.
1. "in," at, (up-)on, by, etc.
{Often used in compounds, with substantially the same import; rarely with verbs of motion, and then not to indicate direction, except (elliptically) by a separate (and different) preposition}
[a primary preposition denoting (fixed) position (in place, time or state), and (by implication) instrumentality (medially or constructively), i.e. a relation of rest (intermediate between G1519 and G1537)]

see the definition, " i.e. a relation of rest". a RELATION OF THE REST, they was apostle, also. how simple.

these was in the apostleship, even before Paul. "the apostle stated, who was in Christ before me".

another crutch taken away.

I really don't know who have been teaching you, but I suggest you need a change of teachers.

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
101G said:
EVERY New Testament manuscript says "Iounias" (Junias) not "Iounia" (Junia). The distinction between male and female forms of the name is by accent marks that wasn't used at the time of the writing of the New Testament. There is NOTHING in the Bible to back of the assumption that Junias isn't a male. No female pronouns are used in reference to Junias, no reference to this person having a husband or being a sister, and there's no use of any feminine forms of words in relation to Junias. Paul didn't call Junias a woman, even though Paul practiced identifying females as females such as in v1 when we calls Phoebe a sister.

The idea that Paul is calling Junias an apostle ridiculous. He wasn't one of The Twelve apostles. In addition to them, only Barnabas and Paul are called apostles in the New Testament. How can Junias be an exceptional apostle in such an elite group if Paul has to point out that he's an exceptional apostle? How can Junias be an exceptional apostle if all that is known about him is the one mention in a greeting as if this person is a complete unknown to the person Paul is speaking to? Paul is simply saying that the Apostles have a high regard for Junias. Paul gives one reason for this high regard, he was a Christian before Paul.

Even if you wish to dispute anything I've said, you are left with only your speculation. You cannot show that Junias was an apostle therefore your reference doesn't help your case.

101G, you do not submit yourself to God's word. Rather than following the Bible, you only use the Bible as window dressing for your worldly view of feminism.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Junias is a female, do the research. now back to the topic.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
101G said:
This verse is not saying that they are Apostles. St. Paul calls them his kinsmen and fellow prisoners who did outstanding work among the Apostles. "Among" means "with" or "by". They were outstanding people with the Apostles.
LOL,
follow the context, acid test the word "Note", and "among".

the context is fellowprisones, the "SAME AS PAUL" in the ministry.

Note"
G1978 ἐπίσημος episemos (ep-is'-ay-mos) adj.
1. remarkable
2. (figuratively) eminent
[from G1909 and some form of the base of G4591]
KJV: notable, of note
Root(s): G1909, G4591

Now, Among
G1722 ἔν en (en) n.
1. "in," at, (up-)on, by, etc.
{Often used in compounds, with substantially the same import; rarely with verbs of motion, and then not to indicate direction, except (elliptically) by a separate (and different) preposition}
[a primary preposition denoting (fixed) position (in place, time or state), and (by implication) instrumentality (medially or constructively), i.e. a relation of rest (intermediate between G1519 and G1537)]

see the definition, " i.e. a relation of rest". a RELATION OF THE REST, they was apostle, also. how simple.

these was in the apostleship, even before Paul. "the apostle stated, who was in Christ before me".

another crutch taken away.

I really don't know who have been teaching you, but I suggest you need a change of teachers.
There is nothing in that verse that says they are apostles. Note means just as you pointed out "eminent" or "remarkable" or "outstanding." Kinship does not mean the "same as Paul." It means "the same as kin related by blood" or "fellow countrymen."

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
context, context, context

2 Selene,
just as the scriptures states, "you reject knowledge". how true, "MEN LOVE DARKNESS".

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
101G said:
2 Selene,
question, how do God ordain priest today?. answer with the Holy Spirit. see you're still fleshly
Any spirit that teaches something that contradicts the Bible is not of God.

101G said:
Junias is a female, do the research. now back to the topic.
If you've done some research, then answer what I've said rather than embarrass yourself with such blatant bluffing. .

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Polt, greeting

Any spirit that teaches something that contradicts the Bible is not of God.
well Polt that disqualify you.

the Spirit teaches, Greet one another. so where is your Christian manners. I greet you in the name of the Lord Jesus.

so just what you have said is true, "Any spirit that teaches something that contradicts the Bible is not of God".

do what you teach.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Selene said:
And it's the man who represents Christ, which is why St. Paul compared the husband to Christ as "head of the family." And the wife was compared to the Church.

Ephesians 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.

Any more than one head and you got something other than the believers who make up the body of Christ. One body and one head which is Christ. The carnal religious system which employs the carnal clergy/laity system is the invention of man which is modeled after the old way (covenant) priestly system and has no connection with the new way other than many of the members of the body of Christ are in bondage to the carnal religious system.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
mjrhealth said:
Because God knows the hearts and minds of men, arrogant and filled with pride, always resisting the truth, never reaching out to God for the truth, lest He disagrees with them and their ways, and the result is all around us. Even the disciples found the Holy Spirit to be enough, but lie anything,

Num_21:5 And the people spake against God, and against Moses, Wherefore have ye brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? for there is no bread, neither is there any water; and our soul loatheth this light bread.

Few walk after the spirit, few trust God, few have faith in Him, few know Him yet they seem to know all about Him.

There is freedom in Christ but men prefer the bondage of religion, run back to slavery , prefer to be told what to believe than to seek Jesus after the truth, He is the truth.....

Act_2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

And I saw in a vision as I pondered teh question about too many chains. And I saw God with chains around His feet and hands, dragging bibles behind Him with one over His mouth so that He could not speak.

God never changed, man changed God.

Every time you reject a word from a women who was given it from teh Lord, you reject Him, the one who sent her. I hope pride can see past the foolishness of mens wisdom.

In all his Love
First, it's mankind and not men. Second, what does your second sentence even mean? Thirdly, read Selene's post(s) and you will see what it means to communicate effectively.

Also, because you're firing from a strong opinion about women teachers and not woman in general, your whole argument seems to me to be crippled. Try arguing cogently. i.e. let your premises support your conclusion and provide scriptural facts in context as Selene has and you may be heard. Otherwise it's merely an opinion. Opinions won't be tolerated when it comes to topics like this.

Lastly, what I posted to you initially was rhetorical in nature. The Bible is the word of God and as God's word it cannot replace the Holy Spirit as he is the one who dictated it. So your original statement to which I replied to is immaterial.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is the word of God and as God's word it cannot replace the Holy Spirit as he is the one who dictated it.

How true. now, knowing that, are the scripture given in this post clearly state that women can teach, preach, and pastor?.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
101G said:
The Bible is the word of God and as God's word it cannot replace the Holy Spirit as he is the one who dictated it.

How true. now, knowing that, are the scripture given in this post clearly state that women can teach, preach, and pastor?.
... women can teach, preach, and pastor?. WHO? In what context? To what degree? i.e. subject matter.

As Jesus said the the lawyer; how do you understand the scriptures?

jiggyfly said:
According to scripture and the HolySpirit Jesus is the head of the body.
What body are you referring to? The Church? i.e. The bride of Christ? Then in this context you're right. :)

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then do you refute the scripture given y/n?. a yes or no will do only.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
JB_Reformed Baptist said:
... women can teach, preach, and pastor?. WHO? In what context? To what degree? i.e. subject matter.

As Jesus said the the lawyer; how do you understand the scriptures?

What body are you referring to? The Church? i.e. The bride of Christ? Then in this context you're right. :)
I really like to use more definitive terms concerning ekklesia because "the Church" is really a corrupted translation of the body of Christ and in light of the religious institution using the same term kinda gives it a bad taste. From my understanding of scripture I also don't believe that the body is the bride.

So with that said, whenever I use the term body of Christ I am referring to ekklesia. :)

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
jiggyfly said:
Any more than one head and you got something other than the believers who make up the body of Christ. One body and one head which is Christ. The carnal religious system which employs the carnal clergy/laity system is the invention of man which is modeled after the old way (covenant) priestly system and has no connection with the new way other than many of the members of the body of Christ are in bondage to the carnal religious system.
The Apostle Paul did call a husband a "Head". In this case the husband is the Head of the wife and his household. So, Christ is not the only one called a "Head" in the Bible. The man is also called a "Head"......and he's called that not because there are two heads, but because the marriage between man and wife is a reflection of the marriage between Christ and His Church.

In the same way, Christ is called the Shepherd of the flock (1 Peter 2:25), but the Apostles are also called the "shepherds of the flock (Acts 20:28). Does this mean that there is more than one shepherd?? No, it means that the bishops represents Christ just as the husband represents Christ as "Head." In 1 Corinthians 3:11, Christ is called the only "Foundation of the Church" and yet in Ephesians 2:20, the Apostles are also called "the foundations of the Church." Does this mean that there are two foundations?? No, of course not. So, why is it that in the Bible that both Christ and the Apostles are called the "foundations of the Church?" The answer is simple. Christ wishes to express His unity and oneness with His Church. He shows His unity with His Church just as husband and wife are one and united with each other.