Female Pastors

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Selene said:
Pastor is just another word for "priest." The word "pastor" is Latin for shepherd. You started the OP, asking if a pastor can be a female. I responded, and my response is "no." And I gave my reasons for it.

And I also never said that only males are new creatures. I said that men are the head of the family just as the pastor or priest is the head of God's family on earth.
According to scripture and the HolySpirit Jesus is the head of the body.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
101G said:
2 Selene,
The priests of the Old Testament were all men. They not only preached, but also performed religious rites such as animal sacrifices for the atoning of sins, etc. The priests of the New Testament were all men who not only preached but also performed religious rites, such as the anointing of the sick (See James 5:14). There were no women in the Old or New Testament who did these religious rites except men who were priests.

you gave James 5:14, but what about verse 15. James 5:14 & 15 "Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: 15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him". so only men have FAITH?, LOL. see how carnal you still are. Listen,

what are the duties of the Priest of the new testament?. 1 Peter 2:9 "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light".

The church of the Lord Jesus Christ is Spiritual. you don't know that you're a Priest, did you. this tell me that you're still in your sins, you haven't been washed. for you follow after the O.T. system. well the old sacrifice have been done away with. 1 Peter 2:5 "Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ". what are these spiritual sacrifices?. here's one of many, Hebrews 13:15 "By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name". Hmmmmm, ONLY MEN PRAISE GOD?.

got that one down, here's one that covers many, Romans 12:1 "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service". abstain from SIN.

Selene, this clearly shows that you're still CARNAL.

so now you can't use the priest crutch anymore.

one more time, 2 Corinthians 5:16 "Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. 17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new".

now that your priest crutch is taken away, what next?

and for your answer,
The person who ruled the Israelites was a man. His name was Jabin, the King of Canaan (See Judges 4:2).
LOL, LOL, LOL. why do you think God raised up JUDGES, in Israel?. Judges 4:6 "And she sent and called Barak the son of Abinoam out of Kedeshnaphtali, and said unto him, Hath not the LORD God of Israel commanded, saying, Go and draw toward mount Tabor, and take with thee ten thousand men of the children of Naphtali and of the children of Zebulun? 7 And I will draw unto thee to the river Kishon Sisera, the captain of Jabin's army, with his chariots and his multitude; and I will deliver him into thine hand". I think you better read the whole chapter and those after. LOL, its unbelievable.

Love and Peace
101G

Selene, you alright?, we'll take this up in the morning, ok?. past my bed time, see ya.
be blessed.

You say that only men have faith simply because they perform religious rituals?? Is that what "faith" means to you.....the performing of religious rituals such as anointing the sick? How many times do I have to tell you that nowhere in the Old Testament and New Testament will you find a female pastor or priest. The only religion during those times that had female priests were the pagans. Judaism never had any female priests, which is why you can't find any in the Old Testament.

As for the New Testament, I already told you that the office of a deacon and a bishop belongs only to men. I also told you that Christ chose ONLY men to be His Apostles. He never chose any female to be an Apostle. Now, TODAY, it is man who wants to change Christianity into following the pagan religions by allowing female priests.

According to the Free Dictionary, a female pastor or priestess is defined as "a woman who presides over religious rites, especially in pagan religions."

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/priestesses

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greeting, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ to all.

most Christian think they can understand the bible on their own. NO, I'm sorry for you, if you think that way you will have trouble, as you are having with this topic. because you'll be saying, "woman can't pastor, or preach and teach". :eek:

that's the whole purpose of the giving, or the out pouring of the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost. NOT TO STAY IN IGNORANCE concerning our Lord and SAVIOUR JESUS the Christ, who is the ONLY true GOD. the Holy Spirit is in his Holy apostle, prophets, and HIS teachers, and ect.... the prophet is the vessel, but he who is in the vessel is prophesy. one can't preach, teach, pastor, or give understanding unless they have the Spirit. that's why I teach, and preach the HOLY SPIRIT ONLY. One need to re-read Chapter 5 of Revelation. the bible is a sealed book. and the one who took the book is the one who is able to reveal the contents of the book. one might say, I read my bible, but it's still sealed. men have, yes, men have Ignorantly interpreted the scriptures according to their own understanding. and the scriptures clearly states, 2 Peter 1:20 "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation". and Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. 7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil".

men, yes, men, have gone into a confederacy without the Lord to interpret the bible on their own. they are BLIND GUIDES, as Jude said, Jude 1:12 "These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; 13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever". Our Lord warned us of them, Matthew 15:12 "Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying? 13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up. 14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch".

this is just what have happen today, nothing NEW UNDER THE SUN. evil is still evil, and men is still falling for the deception of the lie. what is the lie, to be wise in their own eyes. Romans 1:28 "And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them".

Please understand, I'm not putting anyone down, for WE, including me, are ignorant of God word. as the apostle Paul said, Romans 10:2 "For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth". Christ is the END, the END of the OLD WAY, "only men are priest". if one is in Christ, that way is to END. listen, those who once was cut off is restored. Isaiah 56:3 "Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree. 4 For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant; 5 Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off. 6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant; 7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people. 8 The Lord GOD which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him".

The Lord God almighty said, "for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people". not a house of rules and regulation. and those rule and regulation, cut people off. I wonder how many really prayed before they responded to this topic.

Love and Peace
101G

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
jiggyfly said:
According to scripture and the HolySpirit Jesus is the head of the body.
And it's the man who represents Christ, which is why St. Paul compared the husband to Christ as "head of the family." And the wife was compared to the Church.

Ephesians 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Selene, Greeting
And it's the man who represents Christ, which is why St. Paul compared the husband to Christ as "head of the family." And the wife was compared to the Church.
Ephesians 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.

:p are all women wives?, NO. and two, are not women in Christ, who is the HEAD. Y/N?. see you use scriptures without knowledge. you're still in the flesh.

now that crutch is taken away.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
101G said:
2 Selene, Greeting

:p are all women wives?, NO. and two, are not women in Christ, who is the HEAD. Y/N?. see you use scriptures without knowledge. you're still in the flesh.

now that crutch is taken away.
The head of a single woman is Christ. A woman is not a head. She is not a leader. When St. Paul said that women are not allowed to teach....it means that she is not allowed to be a priest or pastor. She is not allowed to to take the role of authority, which was given only to men.

1 Timothy 2:12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Selene
you still don't understand authority, or leadership.

example, when you said last night, those was "REAL SHEEP", you never saw the spiritual analogy. the whole purpose was to show authority, and jeadership. if it's REAL SHEEP, , today, then it's REAL PEOPLE tomorrow, it show the ability to have authority, and leadership. this is what a carnal MIND will do for you. the scriptures is crystal clear, Romans 12:2 "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God". and the second, Ephesians 4:23 "And be renewed in the spirit of your mind. 24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness".

Selene, you're still in the flesh, Listen, it took four book to see this revelation. and yet you're still stiffnecked. alway resisting the Holy Spirit. Hebrews 3:7 "Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, 8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness: 9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years". well, it's your choice.

I suggest you stick to the scriptures given in the topic. if you find something wrong with them please state it.

Please stick to the TOPIC at hand.

Love and Peace
101G.

When St. Paul said that women are not allowed to teach

look up the word "women" and see if it's talking about wives or single women

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
101G said:
2 Selene
you still don't understand authority, or leadership.

example, when you said last night, those was "REAL SHEEP", you never saw the spiritual analogy. the whole purpose was to show authority, and jeadership. if it's REAL SHEEP, , today, then it's REAL PEOPLE tomorrow, it show the ability to have authority, and leadership. this is what a carnal MIND will do for you. the scriptures is crystal clear, Romans 12:2 "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God". and the second, Ephesians 4:23 "And be renewed in the spirit of your mind. 24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness".

Selene, you're still in the flesh, Listen, it took four book to see this revelation. and yet you're still stiffnecked. alway resisting the Holy Spirit. Hebrews 3:7 "Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, 8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness: 9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years". well, it's your choice.

I suggest you stick to the scriptures given in the yopic. if you find something wrong with them please state it.

Please stick to the TOPIC at hand.

Love and Peace
101G.

When St. Paul said that women are not allowed to teach

look up the word "women" and see if it's talking about wives or single women

Genesis 29:9-10 While he was still talking with them, Rachel came with her father's sheep, for she was a shepherd. When Jacob saw Rachel daughter of his uncle Laban, and Laban's sheep, he went over and rolled the stone away from the mouth of the well and watered his uncle's sheep.

Look closely at scripture. Who owns the sheep? The sheep belonged to Rachel's father. She does not own them at all. And Jacob went to give water to those sheep. Did Jacob watered animals (REAL sheep) or people?? Scripture says that what Rachel brought to her father were animals.....in other words......sheep. You know those animals with white woolen fur that says "BAAAA".

As for St. Paul, he was speaking to all women...single and married because he started by telling the women to dress decently and to cover their hair.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 14:33 "For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints. 34 "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law". according to the LAW under the O.T. the husband was to teach his wife, his OWN wife. this have nothing to do with every woman. for if you would have read the very next verse, 35 "And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.". question, what women have a husband?, that's right a wife. so the word, "woman" here is wives. so the scripture was not talking about every woman in the church. should we need to go to 1 Timothy 2:12-15 also. I hope you have enough spirit in you to see it now.
if any man, (a male, or female. husband or wife), is a NEW CREATURE, old things are passed away. listen Christ is the END of the Law. so, if The Spirit fill the wife, and give an understanding, a husband is a fool who will not listen.

so that crutch is useless also.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
101G said:
1 Corinthians 14:33 "For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints. 34 "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law". according to the LAW under the O.T. the husband was to teach his wife, his OWN wife. this have nothing to do with every woman. for if you would have read the very next verse, 35 "And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.". question, what women have a husband?, that's right a wife. so the word, "woman" here is wives. so the scripture was not talking about every woman in the church. should we need to go to 1 Timothy 2:12-15 also. I hope you have enough spirit in you to see it now.
if any man, (a male, or female. husband or wife), is a NEW CREATURE, old things are passed away. listen Christ is the END of the Law. so, if The Spirit fill the wife, and give an understanding, a husband is a fool who will not listen.

so that crutch is useless also.
And I already told you that the head of a single woman is Christ. So, the single woman is supposed to allow Christ (her head) to be the priest. The single woman is not supposed to take the authority of her head (in this case "Christ) for her own and be the priest.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see you don't understand what the word "HEAD" mean. either also in 1 Corinthians 11:3 "But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God".

is this speaking of authority or "SOURCE".?
the acid test, "why is God the head of Christ, a title, instead of the Personal name JESUS?. if this scripture means authority, why not say, "God is the HEAD of JESUS, (smile). do not you say in church, "Jesus is the head of my life". showing authority. so why use the title Christ?. because it's "Source", and not authority. Because Jesus is GOD. the source of the woman is the man, for the woman is of the man, and Christ is the source of both man and women, for both are of christ, and all is of the Spirit, GOD.

christ covers both men and women. married or single.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
101G said:
I see you don't understand what the word "HEAD" mean. either also in 1 Corinthians 11:3 "But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God".

is this speaking of authority or "SOURCE".?
the acid test, "why is God the head of Christ, a title, instead of the Personal name JESUS?. if this scripture means authority, why not say, "God is the HEAD of JESUS, (smile). do not you say in church, "Jesus is the head of my life". showing authority. so why use the title Christ?. because it's "Source", and not authority. Because Jesus is GOD. the source of the woman is the man, for the woman is of the man, and Christ is the source of both man and women, for both are of christ, and all is of the Spirit, GOD.

christ covers both men and women. married or single.
What have I been telling you all along?? Did I not say that the head of the single woman is Christ?? Did I not say that the head of the married woman is her husband?? Both men and women have the Holy Spirit in them. But for married people, the husband represents Christ, which is why St. Paul calls the husband "HEAD" of the house. Christ is not the only one called "HEAD." The man is ALSO called "HEAD." So, it seems that you do not understand that only Christ and husbands are called "HEAD." Do you see anywhere in scripture where the woman (married or single) are called "HEAD?" No, of course not.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Selene, Selene, I ask you one thing is the husband in Christ?, the answer is yes. there is not two heads, :ph34r:
get out of the flesh. Husband "have the "rule over", NOT to RULE a wife, find out the difference between "rule over vs rule

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
101G said:
Selene, Selene, I ask you one thing is the husband in Christ?, the answer is yes. there is not two heads, :ph34r:
get out of the flesh. Husband "have the "rule over", NOT to RULE a wife, find out the difference between "rule over vs rule
101, there is nothing in the Old Testament or New Testament showing that a woman was ever ordained as a priest. This concept only rose today with the feminist movement. It is already in scripture that the office of a deacon and the office of a bishop belongs to a man. And the title of "HEAD" also belongs to a man. No woman has ever held the office of bishop or deacon, and nowhere in the Bible is a woman ever called a Head. You can say "two heads" all you want, but the fact remains that both Christ and men are called "Heads." It is also a fact in scripture that the office of deacon and office of bishop belongs to men as specified in the Bible.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Selene,
question, how do God ordain priest today?. answer with the Holy Spirit. see you're still fleshly

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
101G said:
2 Selene,
question, how do God ordain priest today?. answer with the Holy Spirit. see you're still fleshly
And all the priests He ordained were men. The fact is Christ DID choose 12 men to be His Apostles. He also chose Paul and Barnabus to be Apostles. That is a fact. All the Apostles were ordained bishops.

Fact #1: Christ chose men to be Apostles. He did not choose any women.

Fact #2: God the Father chose only the Sons of Aaron and Levi to be priests. He did not choose their daughters.

How does one argue against Facts #1 and #2??

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Selene,
The fact is Christ DID choose 12 men to be His Apostles.
question, have he not chose use in him for the work of the ministry?. are all Apostles, are all prophets?, NO. not every Man is chosen the work of the ministry, nor every Woman either.
so that crutch is useless also. see Selene, you want to use crutches. discuss the topic scripture I have given.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
101G said:
2 Selene,
The fact is Christ DID choose 12 men to be His Apostles.
question, have he not chose use in him for the work of the ministry?. are all Apostles, are all prophets?, NO. not every Man is chosen the work of the ministry, nor every Woman either.
so that crutch is useless also. see Selene, you want to use crutches. discuss the topic scripture I have given.
Are you saying that Christ chose some women to be Apostles??

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Selene,
I would like to ask you a question. do only men receive the Holy Spirit. Y/N?
it it not the Spirit that work the gifts in men and women. Y/N?.
is God a respecter of Person, Y/N?.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
101G said:
2 Selene,
I would like to ask you a question. do only men receive the Holy Spirit. Y/N?
it it not the Spirit that work the gifts in men and women. Y/N?.
is God a respecter of Person, Y/N?.
You didn't answer my question. Are you saying that Christ chose some women to be Apostles?