Flee from what?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Also note the madness of Legion was "transferred" to the swine, of course this does nothing to help your cause for the existence of literal demons! any more than the fact that the leprosy of Naaman cleaved to Gehazi implies that leprosy is caused by demons (2 Ki 5:27)

Insight
Leprosy is not caused by demons. Demons are the bastard children (the spirits of the giants) of the fallen messengers (watchers). It is all written in the book of Enoch which was conveniently left out of the catholic and protestant canons because it destroys all of their made up imaginary doctrines. The book of Enoch was referenced in the book of peter and Jude. If they would have realized it they would have left those books out to. But their foot has slipped and the spirit can rightly divide the word of truth.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Leprosy is not caused by demons. Demons are the bastard children (the spirits of the giants) of the fallen messengers (watchers). It is all written in the book of Enoch which was conveniently left out of the catholic and protestant canons because it destroys all of their made up imaginary doctrines. The book of Enoch was referenced in the book of peter and Jude. If they would have realized it they would have left those books out to. But their foot has slipped and the spirit can rightly divide the word of truth.

crazysign.gif
Is your name Legion? For you are many!!!

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Having established sufficient evidence of there being no supernatural being implied to Devil, rather always inferring a human false accuser. I will start a new thread to deal with word Satan and its relevant context.

More than welcome to join me.

Insight

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
As much sense as your unscriptural response.

You have absolutely no scriptural basis, at all, in saying demons are from bastard children.

How can one discuss spiritual things if you go outside the very Word of God?

If you are willing to discuss the Bible I am all ears, otherwise Isa 8:20KJV applies.

Insight

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
As much sense as your unscriptural response.

You have absolutely no scriptural basis, at all, in saying demons are from bastard children.

How can one discuss spiritual things if you go outside the very Word of God?

If you are willing to discuss the Bible I am all ears, otherwise Isa 8:20KJV applies.

Insight

Yes I explained that in the previous posts. It is from the book of Enoch that was referenced by Genesis, Peter and Jude.
It is scripture to those who have understanding. Where all of the catholic and protestant canons are not. this is why it is important to follow this scripture and be aware of what it means.

2 Timothy 2
15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 16 But shun profane and idle babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness. 17 And their message will spread like cancer.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
We were having a good Bible discussion until you took it outside the Word. Isa 8:20 still applies. And 2 Tim 3:16 also...

When you are ready to bring your Bible...I will be here waiting.

Insight

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
We were having a good Bible discussion until you took it outside the Word. Isa 8:20 still applies. And 2 Tim 3:16 also...

When you are ready to bring your Bible...I will be here waiting.

Insight
I have the Lords true canon with me at all times. Carry on.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Us2are1

Out of curiosity which of the following examples provided are the bastard children of giants? Can you provide Christs teaching on these matters?

Book, Chapter and Verse?

Are you able to look up your cannon to teach us which of these examples are evil spirit children from giants and not simply unknown illnesses of the time?

Look forward to your response.

When you consider Jesus' language is consistant of that day:

Description
Language Used
Diagnosis of the day

Matt. 12:22
"possessed with a devil {demon}"
blind and dumb

Mark 5:1,2,3,4,5
"a man with an unclean spirit"
insanity,schizophrenia?

Mark 9:17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27
"hath a dumb spirit"
epilepsy

Luke 13:11,12,13,14,15,16,17
"spirit of infirmity"
arthritis

John 10:20; Mark 3:21 where "he hath a devil and is mad" means "he is beside himself."

Patients today show the same symptoms as those said to be possessed with demons in New Testament times.

How can the patient's who recover with assitence of medicine and therapy be explained today?

Are you suggesting pills cast out demons?

And to prove without any doubt your theory is incorrect take careful note of what happened when Legion was cured.

How is Legion described?

"clothed and in his right mind." (Mark 5:15).

This implies that his affliction was insanity and not some other evil source.

Insight

focus.gif

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Insight,

With all due respect, your attitude has become a very predictable one. Everything you do is based on the idea that all your teaching is correct and that you have all kinds of things figured out.

Yet you reveal yourself to have a carnal understanding of these things; you deny the God came in the flesh, you deny the existence of our adversary, the devil, and you only speak up on historical things, and show yourself not to understand the things of the spirit, that is, walking in the spirit.

You always speak as though you had the mind of Christ, when in reality it is your own carnal understanding that is interpreting the scriptures.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Insight,

With all due respect, your attitude has become a very predictable one. Everything you do is based on the idea that all your teaching is correct and that you have all kinds of things figured out.

Yet you reveal yourself to have a carnal understanding of these things; you deny the God came in the flesh, you deny the existence of our adversary, the devil, and you only speak up on historical things, and show yourself not to understand the things of the spirit, that is, walking in the spirit.

You always speak as though you had the mind of Christ, when in reality it is your own carnal understanding that is interpreting the scriptures.

Study these passages for yourself, one can only hope and pray the Father will open your mind to these truths.

I give you permission to critique my flawed character anytime, as I have nothing to hide from you or anyone in this forum.

“Respectfully”, others here have shown some courtesy by sending a PM to inform me of their dissatisfaction with these challenging studies. One such member is actively studying these posts because they have a measure of spiritual virtue becoming a saint. And they are beginning to question the lies and false notions they have been feed from a child.

Otherwise, if you can find fault in the interpretation feel obliged to set before us a deeper meaning to these scriptures.

So far we have established with no meaningful rebuke that the devil (false accuser) and satan (adversary) are both mainly speaking of human beings with the odd exception of angels.

On a personal note Prentis, over the years I have held many discussions with Christians like you who hold a passionate conviction for Jesus Christ and the Heavenly Father.

If you were truly in search of truth you would ask more questions of God’s words than speak at them as you are prone to do. Only then will you begin to discover a deeper more profound truth which saves.

Ask more questions! (knock harder fellow student)

Insight

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Does knowledge save you? Is some secret understanding the key of our salvation?

Salvation is Christ himself, and only in him are we safe. Christianity is not about a 'secret knowledge', but about abiding in the power and life of Christ.

What does it mean to abide in Christ, Insight? Have you experienced walking in the spirit?

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Does knowledge save you? Is some secret understanding the key of our salvation?

Salvation is Christ himself, and only in him are we safe. Christianity is not about a 'secret knowledge', but about abiding in the power and life of Christ.

What does it mean to abide in Christ, Insight? Have you experienced walking in the spirit?

Does knowledge save you?

Can you be saved without it? John 17:3

Are there not many christs in the world? Which one do you abide in ?

For instance, if you believe Jesus is God then your christ is not my Christ.

Oh, and what emphasis do you place on the word "know" in John 17:3?

A little or a lot

confused-smiley-013.gif

Jake

Aug 21, 2011
Western US
It depends on what kind of knowledge.

It doesn't seem the kind of "saving" knowledge we need is to be found in the OP.

When someone gets stuck on certain doctrines, they lose out on all the other things the Lord wants to show them.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
It depends on what kind of knowledge.

It doesn't seem the kind of "saving" knowledge we need is to be found in the OP.

When someone gets stuck on certain doctrines, they lose out on all the other things the Lord wants to show them.

Would you answer the question?

To know...by experience, attributed with an intelligible hope?

A little or a lot?

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Does knowledge save you?

Can you be saved without it? John 17:3

Are there not many christs in the world? Which one do you abide in ?

For instance, if you believe Jesus is God then your christ is not my Christ.

A little or a lot

confused-smiley-013.gif

To know him is to have fellowship with him, not head knowledge of his existence.

Jn 1:1That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; 2(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;) 3That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

We are to enter his life.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
To know him is to have fellowship with him, not head knowledge of his existence.

Jn 1:1That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; 2(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;) 3That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

We are to enter his life.

Prentis,

You avoided the question.

In John 17:3 "to know" what emphasis do you place on this "knowing"...and how do you define "know"?

Jake

Aug 21, 2011
Western US
Would you answer the question?

To know...by experience, attributed with an intelligible hope?

A little or a lot?

A person can have all knowledge and not be saved, without love it does you no good, knowledge passes away, but love is eternal.

We will know them by their fruit, not by how much one knows.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
A person can have all knowledge and not be saved, without love it does you no good, knowledge passes away, but love is eternal.

We will know them by their fruit, not by how much one knows.

Agreed in part.

Your comments lack the right balance of sincerity and truth (Josh 24:14KJV)...it appears you are focused on sincerity (love) but disregard truth.

This type of response in prevalent with latter day Christianity.

It misses the mark.

I could turn you comment on its head by saying a person could have all love for a christ and still not be saved.

Jake

Aug 21, 2011
Western US
Agreed in part.

Your comments lack the right balance of sincerity and truth (Josh 24:14KJV)...it appears you are focused on sincerity (love) but disregard truth.

This type of response in prevalent with latter day Christianity.

It misses the mark.

I could turn you comment on its head by saying a person could have all love for a christ and still not be saved.
I would say, that is why we follow the Spirit, He leads us into Truth, and it's not a head knowledge, it's interwined in us, so it becomes part of us. In my experience, the Truth He wants to show me, is usually through difficult trials.

Love for A christ, would not be His love (agape), we are filled with His love, in order to share with others.

People who have attempted to discern the Bible is what is wrong with Christianity today, that is why there are so many denominations, divisions, and strange doctrines of men.