Flood then, Fire next

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I'll just let the 47 scriptures and the known dates speak for themselves.
I do understand that the idea of something scary happening in our watch, is somewhat disconcerting.
Here's some more information from the Prophets:

Isaiah 30:25-28 On the Day of slaughter1, when all the military fortresses fall2, water will flow from every mountain and hilltop. The moon will burn as brightly4 as the sun and the sun will give out seven times its normal strength3, like seven days power in one. On that Day the Lord will turn again to the welfare of His people7. He will recompense them for the punishments inflicted upon them.

See: the Lord Himself comes from afar5, His anger blazing and His doom heavy. His mouth is charged with wrath and His tongue is like a devouring fire3. His breath is like a torrent in spate: to judge the nations with His mighty affliction.

He sieves out the proud nations for destruction6 and there will be a halter in the mouths of their people, leading them to ruin.

1/ The Day prophesied over 100 times in the Bible. The Day when people scramble for cover; they will call out ‘The great Day of the wrath of Almighty God and the Lamb has come and who can stand? Revelation 6:12-17, Isaiah 2:12-21

2/ Military personnel, ordnances and weapons will be destroyed on that Day. Hosea 2:18, Amos 5:9, Micah 5:10, Jeremiah 50:27
3/ Seven times ambient temperature: say 16c X 7 = 112c, that is 12c above the boiling point for water. Isaiah 64:2 The only literal explanation of what will cause all the vividly described prophesied effects, is a coronal mass ejection of an unprecedented magnitude. Psalms 21:9, Psalm 97:2-5, Isaiah 33:12, Hebrews 10:27

4/ The moon will burn brightly red as this CME mass of superheated hydrogen plasma hits it causing a thermite reaction with the aluminum oxide moon dust. Joel 2:31, Acts 2:20

5/ This terrible Day is instigated by the Lord, but He is not seen at this time; coming in fire – Isaiah 66:15-16, Psalm 18:7-15. A Day quite different from the Return, to come later.

6/ This is the judgement of all the nations, especially those who scorn and denigrate His people. Zephaniah 3:8, Habakkuk 3:12, Ezekiel 30:2-5, Isaiah 63:1-6

7/ We are told to pray and trust in the Lord’s protection on that terrible Day, Isaiah 30:15 but we are also warned about what will come and should make preparations for shelter and supplies, then to be aware of what He has planned for His people, now every faithful Christian from every tribe, race, nation and language. Isaiah 26:20-21, Isaiah 49:8-13, Psalms 55:1-8, Jeremiah 29:11-14

The great Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath will happen as the prophets say:

Moses prophesied: Deut. 32:22 & 41 Fire is set ablaze by the Lord’s anger, it burns to the depths of the hills and devours the earth and its harvest.

Hannah prophesied: 1 Samuel 2:10 Those who oppose the Lord will be terrified when from the heavens He thunders against them and judges all the world.

David prophesied: 2 Samuel 22:8-16 The heavens parted and the earth shook at the Lord’s rebuke of searing heat and devouring fire. Psalm 11:6 The Lord will rain fiery coals and scorching winds upon the heads of the wicked. Psalm 37:20 The godless will perish, like fuel in a furnace they will go up in smoke.

Solomon prophesied: Proverbs 10:25 When the tempest and whirlwind have passed, the wicked are no more.

Asaph prophesied: Psalm 50:3 God is coming, consuming fire goes ahead of Him and around Him a great storm rages. Psalm 83:13-15 The Lord will scatter His enemies like chaff and as a raging fire across the hills.

Ezra prophesied: 2 Esdras 16:14-15 Calamities are let loose and will not turn back before they strike the earth. The fire is alight and will not be put out before it consumes and devastates the earth.

Elihu prophesied: Job 36:32-33 The Lord charges thunderbolts with flames and launches them straight at His target. In His anger, he calls up the storm tempest and thunder heralds his coming.

Isaiah prophesied: Isaiah 9:18-19 Wicked men are set ablaze like a bush fire, they are fuel for the fire and the land is scorched by the fury of the Lord. Isaiah 29:6 Suddenly, in an instant punishment will come from the Lord with thunder, earthquakes, storm tempests and flames of devouring fire. Isaiah 34:1-5 Come, all you people and listen. The Lord is about to vent His wrath against the nations. He will give them up to slaughter and destruction and many will die. On that Day, the sky will be blasted aside, as His sword appears and descends in judgement, onto all who are doomed for death.

Jeremiah prophesied: Jeremiah 5:14 Because Israel defies Me, I shall burn up this people like brushwood. Jeremiah 7:20 My anger and fury will pour out on this place, everything will burn unquenched. Jeremiah 21:14 I shall set fire to your land, it will devour everything around about.

Ezekiel prophesied: Ezekiel 20:47-48 The Lord says: I am about to kindle a fire in the land, it will consume everything flammable. All will know that I have done this. Ezekiel 30:3-5 & 16 I shall set Egypt on fire. On the Day of Reckoning for the nations, Egypt and all the Arab lands will fall by the sword of judgement.

Hosea prophesied: Hosea 8:14 Israel has forgotten her Maker, they are rich and complacent, so I will burn her cities and fire will destroy her strongholds.

Joel prophesied: Joel 1:15 The Day is near, a terrible destruction from the Almighty, the land lies burnt and dry, for fire has consumed the trees and pastures. Joel 2:3 A devouring fire and leaping flames passes by, leaving behind a desolate wasteland, nothing survives its passing.

Amos prophesied: Amos 1:1-15 & 2:1-5 I shall send fire to consume Syria, Palestine, Lebanon, Jordan, Arabia and Judah.

Obadiah prophesied: Obadiah 1:18 The descendants of Esau will be set alight and burned up with no survivors.

Micah prophesied: Micah 5:10-11 On that Day, I will destroy your armed forces and burn your cities.

Habakkuk prophesied: Habakkuk 3:12 Furiously You traversed the earth, in anger You trample the nations.

Zephaniah prophesied: Zephaniah 1:18 The whole Land will be consumed by the fire from the Lord. He will make a sudden and terrible end to all who live in the Land. Zephaniah 3:8 I will pour My wrath onto nations and kingdoms. My burning anger will consume the whole earth.

Haggai prophesied: Haggai 2:21-22 I shall shake the heavens and the earth, I will break the power of the heathen, destroying their armed forces.

Zechariah prophesied: Zechariah 9:14 The Lord will appear over His people like a flashing arrow, with thunder and storm winds.

Malachi prophesied: Malachi 4:1 The Day comes, burning like a furnace, all arrogant and evildoers will be as stubble. That Day will set them ablaze, none will survive.

John prophesied: Matthew 3:10-12 The axe is ready to cut down any tree that does not bear good fruit and it will be thrown onto the fire. I baptize with water, but Jesus will baptize with the Holy Spirit and with fire. His winnowing fork is in His hand and he will gather His people, but the ungodly He will burn in the fire.

Jesus prophesied: Matthew 13:30 Tell the reapers to gather the weeds first for burning, then collect the good crop into My storehouse. Matthew 24:27 Like a lightning flash that lights the sky from East to West, so will the coming of the Son of Man be.

Paul prophesied: Romans 1:18 Divine retribution can be seen at work, falling from heaven onto all the ungodly people who deny the truth. 1 Corinthians 3:13 On the Day of judgement, that Day will dawn in fire and fire will test each person’s worth. 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10 The Lord Jesus metes out His punishment of blazing fire onto all those who refuse to acknowledge God or the Gospel of Jesus. On that great Day He will reveal His glory to all believers.

Peter prophesied: 2 Peter 3:7 & 10 By God’s Word the present heavens and earth are reserved for burning, kept until the Day of judgement when the godless will be destroyed. Suddenly and unexpectedly the Lord will make the heavens disappear with a great sound and flames will envelope the earth, all in it will be brought to judgement.

The Revelation of Jesus: Revelation 14:18 From the altar came the angel with authority over fire, he said: reap the earth for the harvest is ripe. Revelation 6:17 For the great Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath has come and who can stand? Malachi 3:2-3

Reference: Revised English Bible. Some verses abridged and paraphrased.

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh really? Maybe you could post this 'true Bible chronology'?
I have a list of the given time periods since Adam and it proves we are at year 5988 since Adam.
Therefore there is about 12 years to go before Jesus Returns. Enough tim for all that is prophesied to happen before Jesus Returns, to literally take place.

If you notice we did provide the link to this chronology.

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the first portion of your statement is true, we have already passed the 6,000 year mark, (actually from my research, we are at the 6,118 year mark give or take a few years for storytelling accuracy), from Adam's creation, but the Millennium Age is still a further 20-30 years into our near future and as such we have not entered into the last age of the ages of the Age.

1000 years is designated as a millennium, six of these millenniums are past, and therefore we have entered into the seventh millennium, the millennial age, the Day (the thousand year day) of the Lord.

I would suggest you take a look at Gods Great Sabbath Day for more on this.

From memory, as in my present age I am starting to become forgetful, I recalled that I pointed out an error in your logic concerning the year in which Shem was born and subsequently the years in which the rest of the patriarchs of the OT were born and died.

Shalom

We chose to stand by the true bible chronology as we have presented, a chronology which has proven correct by numerous prophecies.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1000 years is designated as a millennium, six of these millenniums are past, and therefore we have entered into the seventh millennium, the millennial age, the Day (the thousand year day) of the Lord.

I would suggest you take a look at Gods Great Sabbath Day for more on this.

We chose to stand by the true bible chronology as we have presented, a chronology which has proven correct by numerous prophecies.

Well good for you. But, I am not sure what an ox head represents as a number, perhaps it means exactly 1,000, but it may also have a slightly greater numerical value which can be found in the chronology of the Scriptures from Adam until the time of the GWTJ if one is careful with their adding together of all of the time spans needed to travel in time from Adam to the GWTJ to determine the actual length of the seven ages and hence the length of an age as well.

Now I have been able to calculate the timespan of the age of the ages, and I know that it is not 7,000 years as you and many other biblical scholars readily suggest.

If the end of this present age occurs within the next 20-30 years, then my thoughts on the length of an age and the length of the Age of the ages will be confirmed. What is the event that will occur at then end of this present age? Armageddon, when the heavenly hosts will be judged in heaven, the kings of the earth will be judged on the earth and they will both be gathered together and imprisoned in the bottomless pit to await the decreed time of their punishment.

At this same time, the 2,300 year time spam of the heathen Gentiles trampling the Sanctuary of God will have come to its completion and all of Israel will be saved and redeemed. After this time God will make like new again His Mt Sinai covenant with the nation of Israel to be a Kingdom of Priests, a Holy Nation and His possession among the nations of the earth, to fulfil God's covenant undertaking with Abraham that his descendants will be a blessing to all of the nations of the earth.

When the above prophecies are fulfilled, I will know that my understanding of the length of an age is reasonably within the bounds of acceptable understanding.

Do you have the same confidence with your musings on this same timespan?

Shalom

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a question.....there are some who teach about the earth as having 3 earth ages....and the ages are obviously very long in the measurement of man's time......and according to their interpretation scripture we are in the 2nd earth age....so what is your take on when the 3 earth age begins and what will become of it.
2Pe 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
the earth standing out of the water. In the first Earth age there were no Oceans and Seas on Earth because they were above the earth protecting it from pollution and whatever might have come earth's way. There were no storms, no north and south pole, earthquakes, title waves, jet streams, or any kind of destruction what so ever, also the Earth was on it's perfect axis, not as the axis the Earth is at today.

And the temperature was the same all the time, no night and day, and I'll say it had to be perfect.

2Pe 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
What Peter is saying here is that the first earth age perished so that earth age is gone. How did it perish? We will get their in Genesis verse2.

2Pe 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
The heaven and Earth that is now, being the second Earth age, is reserved unto fire at God's judgment day along with ungodly men. Those who do not believe and follow Jesus Christ will not be in the third earth age because this second Earth age is "reserved unto fire". Judgment day is after the millennium, the period of a thousand years during which Christ will reign on earth until that time. Rev. 20:14-15

2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day [is] with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
This is why this Earth age is about 14,000 years old. Think about it.

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Our Father does not want to let any of His children perish on judgment day, but that all should come to repentance. After all He created us in these flesh bodies in this earth age.

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
When this time comes, and it will on the Lord's day, all who are in the flesh, or still alive at His return will change into their spiritual bodies and the third and last Earth age is forever and ever.
fervent heat means a consuming fire and God is that consuming fire as written in Hebrew 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In ancient times, God looked upon the earth and saw how wicked people had become, how their every thoughts and inclinations were opposed to His Laws, Genesis 6:5-8. He regretted that He had made mankind and decided to annihilate them, however there was one man who was righteous. In order to save Noah, his family and the creatures, so as to ensure that life would continue, God directed Noah to build a huge vessel that would be their means of survival. They all lived on board this ark for over a year, but the time of the earths actual devastation was for 40 days and 40 nights.

Once again, the world is in a similar state; Matthew 24:37-44 As in the days of Noah, so it will be when the Son of Man comes. Keep alert, for He will come unexpectedly.

This prophecy isn’t referring to the Return of Jesus in His glory, because here He calls Himself ‘the Son of Man’. At the Return, in Revelation 19:13 He is called ‘the Word of God’ and note that He comes then ‘robed in a garment splashed in blood’. Isaiah 63:1-6 tells us how His clothes have become blood stained: it is in the previous event where He comes as ‘the Son of Man’ to judge and punish the nations. Psalms 110:5-6, Habakkuk 3:12, Revelation 6:12-17, and more than 100 other prophesies describe this terrible judgement and how the Lord will not be seen at this time.

It will be the Sixth Seal devastation and depopulation of the Middle East and all the earth will be affected by the blazing punishment that God has in His storehouse for His great Day of vengeance and wrath. Deuteronomy 32:22 & 34-35, Isaiah 66:15-17, Romans 1:18, 2 Peter 3:7, 2 Thessalonians
Many vividly described prophecies do inform us about this sudden and shocking Day, caused by a huge explosion on the suns surface; Isaiah 30:26, Malachi 4:1, Psalms 50:1-3, that will literally fulfil them all.

As with the great Flood, most people are totally unaware of any impending disaster, although it is obvious to all that the world is facing huge changes, as populations burgeon and resource’s diminish.

So a great reset of civilization will happen again, but this time a fair proportion of the world’s population will survive because God promised to never again destroy all the earth as He did in Noah’s time. Genesis 9:15

Then, it may be after 40 days, that the call will go out to the Lord’s righteous people, all the faithful Christians from every tribe, race, nation and language to travel to and gather in the holy Land. Ezekiel 34:11-16 I will gather My sheep...after the Day......

Isaiah 35:1-10...The Lord’s people, set free will enter Zion in triumph.....

Zechariah 10:8-12... Wait for the whistle!

Psalms 107:1-43.....Whoever is wise, let them lay these things to heart and ponder the loving deeds of the Lord.

Pray and trust in the Lord for His protection on that Day. Joel 2:32, Acts 2:21
This is a good study, but requires spiritual discernment (revelation).

The similarity is similar ("as the days of Noah"), but the difference is as different as "water" and "fire."

That great difference is the transition between our flesh or physical existence and that of the world, to that of the kingdom, which is spirit just as God is spirit. He must increase and we must decrease. According to the scriptures via the apostle Paul (the apostle for these times of the gentile nations), this transition does not come as a one-time world event as "the times of Noah" were perceived to be, but "each in his own order." This is the spiritual meaning of what is meant by the "forty days" of Noah, meaning a generation, or in the time of "each" life. But none of this will make any sense at all if not translated from the physical/worldly terms, to spiritual terms...that is the very transition that is referred to, for we do not go from flesh to flesh, but from flesh to spirit. This is what it means to "follow" Jesus, as He went to the Father, whom is [only] spirit.

But many will claim that it is wrong to "spiritualize" what is of God - even though "God is spirit." How ironic, and how telltale...for that very position is anti-God (whom is [only] spirit). That is the flesh fighting for the flesh (against the spirit). But, no...rather, to follow Jesus - all things must be spiritualized.

Thus, we must listen for that "still small voice" of the Spirit, to the Son "knocking" at that spiritual "door" "within you"...and answer, and open, and "enter in" to that kingdom. But only those with the spiritual "ears to hear", will hear. Which is a gift from God. Therefore, pray to God that He give you ears to hear...and then, do not deny Him when He comes (which is His "unseen" return). As He said, "the world will see me no more." But "you will see Me" when you "see Him as He is", which is as the Father is, whom He went to, and whom is [only] spirit.

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
1000 years is designated as a millennium, six of these millenniums are past, and therefore we have entered into the seventh millennium, the millennial age, the Day (the thousand year day) of the Lord. /QUOTE]

Keraz said: It is patently impossible for us to be in the Millennium now.
Jesus clearly said He would Return in the same manner as He departed. Acts 1:11
This is a good study, but requires spiritual discernment (revelation).
Sure, but we don't need to spiritualize it all.
Plain prophetic statements about things that are physically possible to happen, will happen as described. Why not?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure, but we don't need to spiritualize it all.
Plain prophetic statements about things that are physically possible to happen, will happen as described. Why not?
Because the transition is not complete until it points to the spiritual kingdom of God. That is the whole point. We should be just passing through, not abiding in the worldly existence forever.

"Rise, let us be going."

PS, we should be encouraging and preaching to "enter in" to the spiritual kingdom, not abiding in the things of the world. That is the woe that Jesus gave against the leaders of Israel...because they themselves had not entered in and hindered those who would have if not for their preaching against it.

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In ancient times, God looked upon the earth and saw how wicked people had become, how their every thoughts and inclinations were opposed to His Laws, Genesis 6:5-8. He regretted that He had made mankind and decided to annihilate them, however there was one man who was righteous. In order to save Noah, his family and the creatures, so as to ensure that life would continue, God directed Noah to build a huge vessel that would be their means of survival. They all lived on board this ark for over a year, but the time of the earths actual devastation was for 40 days and 40 nights.

Once again, the world is in a similar state; Matthew 24:37-44 As in the days of Noah, so it will be when the Son of Man comes. Keep alert, for He will come unexpectedly.

This prophecy isn’t referring to the Return of Jesus in His glory, because here He calls Himself ‘the Son of Man’. At the Return, in Revelation 19:13 He is called ‘the Word of God’ and note that He comes then ‘robed in a garment splashed in blood’. Isaiah 63:1-6 tells us how His clothes have become blood stained: it is in the previous event where He comes as ‘the Son of Man’ to judge and punish the nations. Psalms 110:5-6, Habakkuk 3:12, Revelation 6:12-17, and more than 100 other prophesies describe this terrible judgement and how the Lord will not be seen at this time.

It will be the Sixth Seal devastation and depopulation of the Middle East and all the earth will be affected by the blazing punishment that God has in His storehouse for His great Day of vengeance and wrath. Deuteronomy 32:22 & 34-35, Isaiah 66:15-17, Romans 1:18, 2 Peter 3:7, 2 Thessalonians
Many vividly described prophecies do inform us about this sudden and shocking Day, caused by a huge explosion on the suns surface; Isaiah 30:26, Malachi 4:1, Psalms 50:1-3, that will literally fulfil them all.

As with the great Flood, most people are totally unaware of any impending disaster, although it is obvious to all that the world is facing huge changes, as populations burgeon and resource’s diminish.

So a great reset of civilization will happen again, but this time a fair proportion of the world’s population will survive because God promised to never again destroy all the earth as He did in Noah’s time. Genesis 9:15

Then, it may be after 40 days, that the call will go out to the Lord’s righteous people, all the faithful Christians from every tribe, race, nation and language to travel to and gather in the holy Land. Ezekiel 34:11-16 I will gather My sheep...after the Day......

Isaiah 35:1-10...The Lord’s people, set free will enter Zion in triumph.....

Zechariah 10:8-12... Wait for the whistle!

Psalms 107:1-43.....Whoever is wise, let them lay these things to heart and ponder the loving deeds of the Lord.

Pray and trust in the Lord for His protection on that Day. Joel 2:32, Acts 2:21
Of course it's referring to His Second Coming, after which there will be complete devastation, darkness, and silence on the Earth with only the demons left here to gaze upon the carcasses that litter the Earth from one end to the other (Jeremiah 25:30-33 KJV)

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Of course it's referring to His Second Coming, after which there will be complete devastation, darkness, and silence on the Earth with only the demons left here to gaze upon the carcasses that litter the Earth from one end to the other (Jeremiah 25:30-33 KJV)
This belief is quite unscriptural.
Humans are not all killed off, Revelation 20:1-6 makes that clear. Satan and his demons are kept away until the end of the Millennium, when they will all be finally disposed of. Revelation 20:7-10

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This belief is quite unscriptural.
Humans are not all killed off, Revelation 20:1-6 makes that clear. Satan and his demons are kept away until the end of the Millennium, when they will all be finally disposed of. Revelation 20:7-10
Of course humans are all killed off - the wicked ones. The righteous go up to meet Jesus in the clouds, the Earth is destroyed, and for a thousand years, Satan/demons are unable to deceive anyone - the righteous are in heaven and the wicked are dead. Isaiah 24 depicts also this devastation.

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now I have been able to calculate the timespan of the age of the ages, and I know that it is not 7,000 years as you and many other biblical scholars readily suggest.

You appear to have a lot of confidence in your own understanding my friend?

As for ourselves we prefer to rely on the Word of the Lord for understanding.

Be not wise in your own conceit. Trust in the Lord and His wisdom, and lean not on your own understanding. Prov 3:5-6

Let me begin my response with what we can agree on.

It is our opinion likewise (that is to say the opinion of many Bible Students, not necessarily all) that Armageddon is even at the doors, possibly beginning within next 15-20 years. This we base not only upon the events unfolding all around us, the “signs of the time”, but more importantly upon the Word of the Lord specifically his reference to the various “watches” in his parable of the Faithful Servant and the Evil Servant (Luke 12:35-48), and likewise by his prophetic utterance found in Luke 13:32.

If the end of this present age occurs within the next 20-30 years, then my thoughts on the length of an age and the length of the Age of the ages will be confirmed.

Armageddon will bring about the end of this present age or order, but it is not the end of the 7000 years since the creation of Adam. Armageddon marks the end of the Gospel Age, more specifically the end of the Harvest period of the Gospel Age. With this event will come the end of the present order of things, “But of that day and hour (the day when heaven and earth pass away) no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.” (Mark 13:32)

The day of the Lord will come (Greek, heko, will arrive; be here) as a thief in the night (unobserved, quietly) in which the heavens (the ecclesiastical heavens, the ruling powers, both the seen and the unseen) will pass away with a great noise (turmoil and confusion), and the elements (of society) will melt with fervent heat (dissolve in great tribulation, turmoil, strife, and human passion, wrath and anarchy); both the earth (the social order as now presently organized under Satan’s control) and the works (selfishness, pride, rank, aristocracy, royalty) that are in it will be burned up (swallowed up, dissolved).” 2 Pet 3:10

This however as we stated is not the end of the 7000 years. The 7000 years will not reach its completion until our Lord has completely finished all the work appointed to him in the restoration of all things, then and then only will the end come (the end of the 7000 years) when he will deliver up the kingdom (restored) to the Father.

The Mediatorial phase of the kingdom will elapse the remaining time of the 7000 years and it will be during this period of time that the nations (the people) will be judged in righteousness, the time of the Great White Throne Judgement, the separating of the Sheep and the Goats.

What is the event that will occur at then end of this present age? Armageddon, when the heavenly hosts will be judged in heaven, the kings of the earth will be judged on the earth and they will both be gathered together and imprisoned in the bottomless pit to await the decreed time of their punishment.

The Heavenly hosts (the angels) which reside in heaven are all Holy angels, they are not nor will they come into judgement. When the scriptures speak of the saints judging the angels this is in reference to the fallen or UN-holy angels those that left their former estate and defiled themselves with fallen mankind.

Following the flood these fallen angels were confined; isolated from fellowship with God and the rest of the holy angels, the Lord having restrained them in age-lasting (this age, the present evil age) chains of darkness (in Tartarus or Tartaroo: the dark abyss or prison of this earth’s atmosphere, 2 Pet 2:4) this until the judgement of the great day.

As for the kings of the earth (the civil and ecclesiastical rulers and authorities), their judgement will take place with the rest of mankind during the world’s great judgement day, the resurrection of judgement in which they will be judged under the GWTJ even as are the rest of mankind according to their “works” which they do then, NOT now. Rev 20:12

As for your statement that the fallen angels and the kings of the earth are to be imprisoned in the bottomless pit following their judgement to await some further time there is no scriptural statement in support of such a claim, this is merely your own opinion. The fallen angels are presently under judgement (krisis) and have been for over 4000 years. They are in prison right now and will soon be release during the judgement of the great day there they will receive their final judgement (krima). Those who have learned the lesson of their disobedience, and have repented of their deeds will be reinstated among the rest of the holy angels, those who go back to their former ways when released attempting to institute more violence and disorder among mankind will be destroyed.

The only ones the scriptures state who are to be cast into the bottomless pit (the condition of powerlessness) and later to be released for a short time are the dragon, the serpent of old, the Devil and Satan (these titles represent primarily the civil power, but not without its unseen spiritual head, the personal devil himself, Satan). Rev 20:1-3

I will address the remainder of your comments in my next post.

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At this same time, the 2,300 year time spam of the heathen Gentiles trampling the Sanctuary of God will have come to its completion and all of Israel will be saved and redeemed.

It appears you are confused and mixing two different time prophecies together, 1) the “Times of the Gentiles” from 606 B.C. when Nebuchadnezzar overthrew Jerusalem to 1914 A.D. (2520 days or years), and 2) the “Cleansing of the Sanctuary” class which began from the going forth of the command to restore Jerusalem in 454 B.C. and ended in 1846 A.D. when the sanctuary was cleansed, (2300 days- years).

"And, as though God would arrange that thereafter there should always be a class representing His Sanctuary cleansed, kept separate from the professing church (the various sects of Christendom), this very year 1846 A.D. witnessed the organization of Protestant sects into one great system, called The Evangelical Alliance. This organization, mindful of the new views (of the cleansed Sanctuary) clearly defined its faith in human immortality, (i.e. the immortality of the soul) adding it as the eight article of its creed. Thus it separated, and has since kept separate from other Christians, a company of God's children-the Lord's cleansed Sanctuary--a sanctuary of truth. And to this cleansed Sanctuary class other meek and faithful children of God have been added daily ever since; while from it have been eliminated such as lose the spirit of meekness and love of the truth. To maintain their standing as the cleansed Sanctuary, against organized opposition and the great numbers of (orthodoxy), becomes a severe test of courage and faith, which only a few seem able to endure: the majority follow the course of their predecessors, and endeavor to make themselves respectable in the eyes of the World."

After this time (after the 2300 years) God will make like new again His Mt Sinai covenant with the nation of Israel to be a Kingdom of Priests, a Holy Nation and His possession among the nations of the earth, to fulfil God's covenant undertaking with Abraham that his descendants will be a blessing to all of the nations of the earth.

It is not the Lord’s intention to make “like-new” the Old Law Covenant, but rather to institute a New Covenant altogether with Israel.

Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord.” Jer 31:31-32

Nor is it the promise of Israel (after the flesh) to be made kings and priests, a Holy Nation. This promise was made to the Church and the Church alone. It is they to whom the Lord referred would be made kings and priest (Rev. 1:6, 5:10), a Holy Nation (1 Pet. 2:9).

One of our exceeding great and precious promises is that Israel according to the flesh shall yet obtain mercy and blessing through our mercy (the kings and priests of the Gospel age). We are to be sharers with Christ in the work of making the New Covenant which will go to Israel and through Israel to the rest of the world.

Now one might quote Rev 5:10 and its statement that the Lord “has made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on (over) the earth”, and erroneously assume this means that we will physically rein on earth, but this is not what is implied. Fleshy Israel will be used of the Lord as the visible agency or representative of the spiritual kingdom, Spiritual Israel. Through them will come the blessings of all the nations even as was promised Abraham, or as it is stated in Isa 2:3…out of Zion [the spiritual phase of the kingdom] shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem [the earthly phase of the kingdom].”

When the above prophecies are fulfilled, I will know that my understanding of the length of an age is reasonably within the bounds of acceptable understanding.

Do you have the same confidence with your musings on this same timespan?

Shalom

We are confident in what the Lord has chosen to reveal to us thus far, not with the same arrogance in which you have expressed in your supposed understanding, but nevertheless confident enough that we are on the right track and that the Lord will correct us wherever we err.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You appear to have a lot of confidence in your own understanding my friend?

As for ourselves we prefer to rely on the Word of the Lord for understanding.

Be not wise in your own conceit. Trust in the Lord and His wisdom and lean not on your own understanding. Prov 3:5-6

Here is the scripture in full: -

Proverbs 3:3-8: - 3 Let not mercy and truth forsake you;
Bind them around your neck,
Write them on the tablet of your heart,
4 And so find favor and high esteem
In the sight of God and man.

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;

6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the Lord and depart from evil.
8 It will be health to your flesh,
And strength to your bones.​

Then perhaps you should have accurately quoted the referenced passage accurately and not added your own words to the quoted passage to suit your own purposes. That is deceitful.

It also shows that you do not rely on the word of the Lord as you claim that you do. It demonstrates that you are prepared to modify what the scriptures actually state to justify your position.

Let me begin my response with what we can agree on.

It is our opinion likewise (the opinion of many Bible Students, not necessarily all) that Armageddon is even at the doors, possibly beginning within next 15-20 years. This we base not only upon the events unfolding all around us, the “signs of the time”, but more importantly upon the Word of the Lord specifically his reference to the various “watches” in his parable of the Faithful Servant and the Evil Servant (Luke 12:35-48), and likewise, by his prophetic utterance found in Luke 13:32.

What does this have to do with what I had posted. You are introducing a red herring which has nothing to do with what I had posted.

Armageddon will bring about the end of this present age or order, but it is not the end of the 7000 years since the creation of Adam. Armageddon marks the end of the Gospel Age, more specifically the end of the Harvest period of the Gospel Age. With this event will come the end of the present order of things, “But of that day and hour (the day when heaven and earth pass away) no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.” (Mark 13:32)

This is in line with your opinion of what the scriptures states, and those who have chosen to agree with your POV.

This however, as we stated, is not the end of the 7000 years. The 7000 years will not reach its completion until our Lord has completely finished all the work appointed to him in the restoration of all things, then and then only will the end come (the end of the 7000 years) when he will deliver up the kingdom (restored) to the Father.

So, the collective “we” is your justification, to post what you post.

I would rather stand on my own two feet than to stand on the shoulders of someone who believes that you are right or who agrees with your POV. At least, I did admit to the fact that time would either confirm what I had posted or prove that I need more work in arriving at an understanding that is in line with scripture.

Now do I really have to go on about the errors in what you have posted as your rebuttal of what I had posted., because what followed was off the wall.

Shalom

Reactions: bbyrd009