Food for thought ...on this video

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please don't post here unless you have actually listened to it .

It is only 30 mins long.

I'd like comment about this message...not just personal views on the subject.

Thanks...Helen.

Well said...and this from a heterosexual man! The only thing that is lacking for the young homosexual, is what to do with all those raging hormones...it is hard enough for a straight Christian to understand the enormous Grace of God, it is that much harder to grasp for one who has an orientation they did not ask for. I have a heart for the gay community and pray special for them as I know many of them. Telling a person that the only option for them is to remain celibate is a very hard saying, especially for those in puberty.
Good share Helen!

Reactions: Heart2Soul

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's all who are depraved, a person who may be described to as being gay does not mean that they are depraved.
I believe there are people who come across as such but they are not and do not support anything or do anything that is depraved.
People practicing filth regardless is the point I would say.
I would not say that 2 same sex couples is the problem as they could be very moral people, but they sure would not be promoting silly rubbish that the rainbow mobs do in the streets nowadays. such is just promoting depravity in my opinion.

One of my brothers girl friends that he once lived with and 3 children he brought up with her, plus his own 2.
Well one of hers just Hung her self and my brother informed me that she was raped a year and a half ago, She was only 23yo and a good nice child.
It just blows me away that someone could rape someone, I just don't understand why someone would do such a thing for crying out loud.

I don't like that way that depravity is promoted nowadays and what I see and here that's become common, young generation are always talking stupid moral less crap nowadays, and think it's funny, they would of coped a good hiding back in my day for disregarding and speaking of women like they do.
If I was to give one a hiding for speaking depraved filth, I would be the one that the law would come down on nowadays, but in my day a mug like that would just have to cop it sweet because the cops would polish his tail as well if a idiot complained about such to them.

let's take a man who is married and sleeps with some other woman, which is adultery, but his conscious gets the best of him after he sleeps with her and confesses to his wife and those who are taking the lead in the congregation and the man doesn't sleep around again, that's a mistake.Take the same man who sleeps with another woman but continues to sleep with her even after being caught and refuses to stop sleeping with her, that's practicing sin. So as long as gay people are not sleeping with each other, then they are not practicing homosexuals.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
let's take a man who is married and sleeps with some other woman, which is adultery, but his conscious gets the best of him after he sleeps with her and confesses to his wife and those who are taking the lead in the congregation and the man doesn't sleep around again, that's a mistake.Take the same man who sleeps with another woman but continues to sleep with her even after being caught and refuses to stop sleeping with her, that's practicing sin. So as long as gay people are not sleeping with each other, then they are not practicing homosexuals.

But I thought Jesus said just "looking at a woman" is already fornication?

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not looking, lusting after a woman which has to do with your thoughts, sexually desiring to be with a woman you are not married to.

That throws your theory right out the window.
You think a homosexual not practicing sex is fine, but you can be pretty sure that they lust after fellow homosexuals.
Bottom line is: They need to be set free from homosexuality.

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That throws your theory right out the window.
You think a homosexual not practicing sex is fine, but you can be pretty sure that they lust after fellow homosexuals.
Bottom line is: They need to be set free from homosexuality.

So you're saying that you are lusting all the time? I know I'm not, and I'm pretty sure there are other people out there who are not lusting. Believe it or not there are people out in the world who can use there self-control. You saying homosexuals can't use self-control. I believe in the kingdom during the thousand year reign we all will be set free of a lot of things we need to be set free of, but that doesn't mean we can't use our self-control now if we ask God help with it. Self-control is something
that we all have if you developed it as you were growing up which like I said most people have self-control, but what, you say that a person who is gay doesn't have self-control simply because they're gay. Homosexuals can use self-control too just like any other person. I'm not saying it's easy or that they will be perfect in self-control but none of us are, so if we going to condemn homosexuals for not being perfect in self-control we have to condemn ourselves. Like I said practicing sin, mistake, they're not the same and we all make mistakes.

Reactions: Nancy

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So you're saying that you are lusting all the time?

No.

I have been happily married for 50 years.
I have no desire to lust after other women.

You saying homosexuals can't use self-control.

Yes. That's exactly what I am saying.
They might not jump in the sack but they lust after other men.

Your post smells liberal to me.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.

I have been happily married for 50 years.
I have no desire to lust after other women.

Yes. That's exactly what I am saying.
They might not jump in the sack but they lust after other men.

Your post smells liberal to me.

Not liberal, You just won't convince me that married people don't lust but everyone else does because no one but married people have self-control, nor will you convince me that everyone else has self-control except homosexuals. I think you are being unjust to homosexuals simply because they're homosexuals. To state in anyway or sense that homosexuals have no self-control but everyone else does or to state in anyway or sense that married people have self-control and don't lust but everyone else does, I won't agree with that. I think everyone including homosexuals if you ask God for help with self-control concerning lust God can help you with that, you will not convince me otherwise.

Reactions: Nancy

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's correct.
Because it's unnatural and perverse.

What happened at the cross can set them free.

I believe anyone who asks God for forgiveness in the name of Jesus Christ, will be forgiven if they are sincere. When it comes to homosexuals who choose to become God's people they stop practicing the sins they were practicing and if they ask God for help in the self-control department concerning lust God will give them the help they need. Homosexuals struggle with inappropriate desires but like other Christian's they ask God help to overcome them. No one will ever convince me that at times they don't have to ask God's help when it comes to inappropriate desires none of us are perfect. Just because someone struggles with inappropriate desires sometimes doesn't mean they act on them, most do their very best to expel the thought from there minds asking God's help to do so.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking as a woman who is and has been a self proclaimed celibate for almost 20 years - YES, it most certainly is possible to exercise and have self control, after all it IS the 9th Spiritual fruit! I married at age 19. I married for the wrong reasons. It did not last, big shocker huh? lol. After the divorce-I became a bar fly for MANY years. Slept around a bit, the conscience inside me at that time was somewhat seared so, I did not let it bother me too much...dove head first into my sin. I knew I would never again marry and I never, ever had much of a libido at all! I think my brother Matt got my share :D:D:D Anyhow. I do not believe that God chooses to make a homosexual into a heterosexual, it is an orientation. Think about that, and how strong and deep your attractions /affections ever went, how much in love were you and your spouse when you fell in love? Could anybody have pulled you two apart? You probably could not stop daydreaming of each other from sun up to sun down!!! lol....
BUT!!!!!! It is not in the magically "praying away the gay" so much as it is 'Your Grace IS sufficient for me'
Try telling a young budding, coming into their puberty homosexual -- (men especially)- to deny ALL those very heavy human emotions and desires...most do, some for decades. Unless they are saved, they will never understand just how awesomely HUGE His Grace truly is.And, since the Church as well as the world in general...makes it almost impossible for them to believe that God could ever love them...most I know, think He is disgusted with them whether they abstain or not. I don't know, IMO many Christians will have missed many opportunities to save these lost souls. At this point, prayer, prayer, prayer.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's correct.
Because it's unnatural and perverse.

What happened at the cross can set them free.

I agree, we always have the choice between the truth or the lie.
If we did not have a choice...then there would be no such thing as free will.
Even the bound Gadarene man (spelling ?) Legion...had a choice, and he chose the truth and Jesus for deliverance.

The homosexual thing, and all other things...are our choice.
No excuses there...when we get to heaven we cannot ever say ..." this man shadow, or that persons shadow, hindered me". It's always our choice every time...even our attitude is our own choice.

I know a practicing Christian homosexual ( what an oxymoron that is!! )
As a young boy he had all the feminine mannerisms ...he was such a sweet lad.
( and still is gentle and sweet ) as a young man his brothers asked him if he was Gay...he always said no, he'd said he'd like to marry and have kids.

Fast-forward into his forties, with his effeminate mannerisms there was no doubt....we all knew, even though he never confirmed it.
Was he 'practicing' NO!
Then things changed..
.He openly started hanging out with a guy about 10 years older ..who is NOT a Christian. Then he finally announced he was getting married...and, he has been married to this guy for two years now!!!

Somewhere there...he made a choice...no doubt about it!
He stepped over the line...he sold himself a lie , so that he could believe it!!

He had freewill and he used his free will...

We each are always without excuse..even homosexuals.

All unsaved people are without excuse...even all the homosexuals ...because we were each given a conscience by God.
As unsaved, we each listen to God in our conscience or we shut Him out...our choice.
Always.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have had the privilege of hearing guest speakers come to our church and share their testimony of being delivered of homosexuality....and there are numerous testimonies on youtube and different blogs. I ask you to consider researching this deeper for yourselves.

This ministry is an excellent source for understanding sins of the flesh and demons. I copied just a portion of this topic if you are interested in the whole teaching I have referenced the link.
reference: http://greatbiblestudy.com/flesh_demons.php

Sin is a work of the flesh

Is it possible for a demon to take complete control over a person, and cause them to murder, rape, etc.? Yes! But in most situations, that is not the case.

Unless the demon takes complete control over the person, it is the flesh that commits the sin. Take for example a person who has a spirit of lust and then commits adultery... it is their flesh that has sinned, but it was coaxed along (or pressured) by the spirit of lust (or similar spirits). Having a spirit of lust can pressure us to sin, but it cannot force us to sin. This is why the Bible still refers to various sinful acts as 'works of the flesh':

Galatians 5:19-21, "Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God."

Demons are like bad friends
So what if you have a spirit of rage, and you are driven to violence? Wouldn't at least some of it be the demon's fault if you fell into that type of sin? Having a demon is like having a bad friend who has access to your mind and can sit there and inject thoughts or feelings in your system day after day. If you hang around bad friends all the time, what happens? You begin to become like them... they will wear off on you! That is what happens when a person has a demon; the demon's ways will wear on that person's flesh and break it down... making it hard to resist temptation and sin!

Can a demon take control over a person and use their body to commit gruesome acts of murder, etc.? While it can happen, it is rarely the case. Demons are great at working the flesh up to the point of sin and putting pressure on them that can be very hard to resist. This is usually how they do their dirty work in our lives.

Conclusion
The flesh is the open door to the enemy, and the demons are here to ruin our lives. The two work together to carry out Satan's plan to destroy us!

The flesh must be crucified (or consider ourselves dead to sin - see Romans 6:11), and demons must be cast out. If we try to crucify the demon or cast out the flesh... we are wasting our time! It is vital that we accomplish two things when seeking deliverance:

A) Make sure that our flesh is not joining hands with the demon or giving it any permission

B) Get rid of any unclean spirits that may be working against us

It is pointless to constantly discipline the flesh yet allow the demons to remain, and it is also useless to cast out the demons, but allow the flesh to re-open the doors to them again.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Fact of the matter is poo jabbing is what a poofter is.
Gay well that could be many things.
Queer well that can be many things.
Little boys are not men and some who are past there teens are not what I would class as a man, but just a type of boy and there are many different types of them, we have the ones who look up to men for what ever reason idolising them and ones who are pixie types who are scared of dealing with a woman sexually or even a man, they are like a mouse.

And the problem is defining what is what, homosexual is way to broad and so is Gay or Queer, we have the type of moron in jail who rapes men all the time and way down to the mouse type under them headings.
I worked with a screw who once worked in the worse jail in Australia and he said rape was an every day thing and he thought nothing of it at all, so if one who was raped came to him for help he could not care less. and that's were our Nation is heading to become Sodom.

So do I care about the mouse type or the little boy man who comes across as fruit loop to me, no I don't see them as a threat to anyone it's just another fruit loop and many non Gays are fruit loops as well in other ways and nothing can be done about it.

But as for degenerates regardless they are just that and I will not support such crap at all and if they want to push me around I will stand up and push back, I will not be pushed around by any degenerate regardless of who or what they are.

Two poofters want to live together I am not going to bother them, but I don't have to be made to approve of such, I may even like them as people personally but I don't have to approve of such, I know people like that and when they talk depraved things I say I don't want to hear of such filth or I will leave.
I took my wife out to dinner on here birthday once and 3 morons started talking filth and my wife was offended having to hear that rubbish, now I just turned my ears off and keep on eating, but I thought I If I said one word to them, they would be smart back and it would be on, I was right on the point of no return but keep my cool, because I knew that I would be the one the cops would fine and doing such would of upset the wife even more so. so I just let it go and put it down to living in a city full of low life morons nowadays and there is no hope for them.