For free will believers out there

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems you are suggesting that the Bible we have now is not trustworthy by what you contend there. So why do you even believe the Bible?

Okay, check out the text coming from the extant Greek manuscript of that passage.

Tong
R2336
I use the KJV as my authority.

The translation needs no further translating, unless someone has an agenda.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Refer to the thread I started on The Case Against Trinitarianism. One verse I read is the 1C. If the plural 'our' in GE 1:26 is important, the singular 'me' in the 1C is even more important.

Another is when Jesus affirmed the SHEMA, the true God is one. Mark 12:29 Jesus: 29 The most important commandment is this: “Hear, O Israel, the Eternal One is our God, and the Eternal One is the only God.

Another verse is John 20:17 were the resurrected Jesus spoke of going to his God. There is only one God and it is Jesus' God. The Apostles affirmed this over and over and over again.

Blessed is God, the Father of our Lord Jesus, the Anointed One! Because He has raised Jesus the Anointed from death
1 Peter 1:3 (Voice)

'For Us, there is one God, the Father'
1 Corinthians 8:6

Grace and peace be with you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus the Anointed.
Philippians 1:2 The Voice

31 He has fixed a day of accountability, when the whole world will be justly evaluated by a new, higher standard: not by a statue, but by a living man. God selected this man and made Him credible to all by raising Him from the dead.
Acts 17:31

“However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows.
Mark 13:32

“The Father is greater than I”
John 14:28?
Egad!

What's a "Yeshua"?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Paul said 'For us there is one God, the Father.' Jesus never said he was God but that God was greater than he and knew more than he.

Try again.

Paul said that Jesus was "God manifested in the Flesh".. 1st Timothy 3:16
Jesus is God in the Flesh, Virgin Born.

Jesus said : "Before Abraham was.....I AM".

"I AM, is God's term for Himself when He spoke to Moses from the burning bush".
God said....."I am that i am".
Jesus said the SAME of Himself.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I AM, is God's term for Himself

Trinitarians wish that were true. I am is not a claim of divinity but a common phrase, such as who is the one making the claim Jesus cured you? I am. Doesn’t mean I am claiming to be God.

The trinity is not in the Bible. Try again.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
There was no incarnation. God raised Jesus from the dead.

Blessed is God, the Father of our Lord Jesus, the Anointed One! Because He has raised Jesus the Anointed from death
1 Peter 1:3 (Voice
)

To say """there was no incarnation"""" is to deny the Virgin Birth of Jesus The Christ.
Are you sure you want to do that on a "Christian" forum?
Think about it more, before you proceed.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trinitarians wish that were true. I am is not a claim of divinity but a common phrase, such as who is the one making the claim Jesus cured you? I am. Doesn’t mean I am claiming to be God.

The trinity is not in the Bible. Try again.
Why were the Jews trying to kill Jesus for blasphemy then? They sure thought he was claiming to be God.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam was not forbidden and so was allowed to eat of the tree of life and live forever, until he ate of the forbidden tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and was corrupted, and was not allowed access to the tree of life.

Tong
R2329

If this is what you believe then you're admitting that Adam lost eternal life when he ate the forbidden fruit. You can quibble about words but that is what you are saying. God expelled Adam from the garden of Eden so that he couldn't eat of the tree of life and live forever. You see when it comes to immortality God chooses who will get immortality and God didn't start choosing who would get immortality until Jesus Christ and his Apostles

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So God sent Michael the Archangel(last Adam) through Mary's ovaries to fix it?
As I said God using his Holy Spirit transferred the spiritual being who is his Only Begotten Son into gthe womb of Mary.
The scriptures tell us that the Son was transferred from the spirit realm and “came to be in the likeness of men.” (Philippians 2:5-8)

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
the miracle of the incarnation
There was no incarnation. God raised Jesus from the dead.

1 Peter 1:3 (Voice
)
There is incarnation, the becoming of the Word, who was God, in the flesh, according to John 1:14. According to you, there is no becoming, but a making of the Word into flesh. Whose words is the truth?

God resurrected Jesus (Acts 13:30).

The Father resurrected Jesus (Gal.1:1)

The Spirit resurrected Jesus (1 Pet.3:18)

The Son resurrected Jesus (John 2:18-22)

Tong
R2344

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is incarnation, the becoming of the Word, who was God, in the flesh, according to John 1:14.

This has been refuted so many times. The word becoming flesh in no way means God. All prophets fulfilled that role.

Jesus, in particular, was the man who God said he’d select and put his words in his mouth in Deuteronomy 18:15-18.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Manuscripts supporting Monogenes Theos:
  • Papyrus 66 [Papyrus Bodmer II] A.D. c. 200 (Martin), A.D. 100-150 (Hunger)
  • Papyrus 75 (A.D. 175-225)
  • Codex א - Sinaiticus (c. 330–360)
  • Codex B - Vaticanus (c. 325–350)
  • Codex C - Eprhraemi Rescriptus (5th C.)
  • Apostolic Constitutions (A.D. 375 -380)
  • Codex L - Regius (A.D 701-800)
  • Bohairic Coptic [Codex Bodmer III]
  • (A.D. 300)Diatessaron ("Out of Four") of Titan the Syrian [Arabic version] (c. 160-175)
  • Syriac Peshitta (A.D 150)
  • Adysh manuscript (A.D 897)-Gregordian-Georgian/Iberian version
  • Opiza manuscript (A.D 913)
  • Tbet’ manuscript (A.D 995)
  • Minuscule 423 (A.D 1556)
At John 1:18 it's needed to be explained that the word μονογενὴς is mono-produced. So μονογενὴς θεός does not mean the "only god" but "the only produced god", "the only created god", or "the only begotten god". It can't be denied that this passage describes an entity that is produced/created. So that the possibility exists that the passage says "the only produced/created god".

First of all the name Emmanuel means, "with us is God," not, "God in human flesh."

Also there was a Jew who was a prophet named Isaiah who first mentioned the name Emmanuel during King Ahaz reign. (Isaiah 7:14; 8:8)
During King Ahaz reign of the 8th century B.C.E. kings Pekah and Resin, the Kings of Israel and Syria were bent on overthrowing king Ahaz. Jehovah God remembered his kingdom Covenant with David and sent his prophet with this reassuring message: Listen, please, O house of David, Jehovah himself will give you men a sign: Look! The maiden herself will actually become pregnant, and she is giving birth to a son, and she will certainly call his name Emmanuel. Butter and honey he will eat by the time that he knows how to reject the bad and choose the good. For before the boy will know how to reject the bad and choose the good, the ground of whose two kings you are feeling a sickening dread will be left entirely.” Isaiah 7:13-16 Now this was around 8 centuries before Jesus was on Earth. So am I to consider this Jew God because he had the name Emmanuel? I don't think so. The scriptures are being very clear when it says no man has seen God at anytime. This would include when Jesus Christ was on Earth.

It was a common practice among Jews to embody the word “God,” even “Jehovah,” in Hebrew names. Even today Immanuel is the proper name of many men, none of whom are incarnations of God.

However the Angel Gabriel didn't tell Mary to name the child she was carrying Emmanuel, Mighty God, wonderful counselor, but Isaiah said he would be called these names. They were all prophetic title-names by which Messiah would be identified. Jesus lived up to the meaning of these names in every respect, and that is the sense in which they were prophetically given, to show his qualities and the good offices he would perform toward all those accepting him as Messiah. So also with his title Immanuel. He measured up to and fulfilled its meaning.

With the coming of his beloved Son to earth as the promised Messianic “seed” (Ge 3:15) and rightful heir to the throne of David, Jehovah was furnishing his greatest sign that he had not forsaken mankind or his Kingdom covenant. The title-name Immanuel, therefore, was particularly appropriate to Christ, for his presence was indeed a sign from heaven. And with this foremost representative of Jehovah among mankind, Matthew under inspiration could truly say, “With Us Is God.”

Last edited:

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
We could only believe what scriptures says about those who died in their infancy and childhood. That they have at least sinned in Adam. The only way that they are saved is by God’s grace, as is for all, which I am inclined to believe, they received the grace of salvation by the work of Jesus Christ who said, “for of such is the kingdom of God”.

Yes, it is reasonable for us humans to think that babies don’t have faith, but we never really know.
Well that is a personal belief that has no foundation in the Inspired Word of God which is the only thing profitable for doctrine.
That in Adam all die and that includes the young and old, and that Jesus said concerning little children that of such is the the kingdom of God. That faith through which God saves man, comes from Him. That God have mercy on whom He wills. Those are all revealed in scriptures. And my view, though am not dogmatic about it, is based on that.

Tong2020 said:
Not if you read carefully what I said in my posts.
Sorry, but if you believe people can be save apart from trusting in Jesus in this life, you are preaching another gospel of salvation apart from what Gods Word commands.
Don’t be sorry. I too, like you, believe in God and in Him whom He sent, Jesus Christ. We just have different view of the gospel that was preached not only to us, but also to them who lived in the past and now are dead. And we only have a different take of it.

As I said in the post you were responding to, “I am afraid that you have a somewhat different perspective of what the gospel is, as I had in the past. But keep reading God’s words and perhaps the time will come when you too will see it as I see it now. And since no flesh and blood made me see that, I believe that too will be with you when you see it.”

Now, there are not two gospels of salvation but one, and that even from the beginning. Try asking yourself, if you believe that there is only one gospel of salvation (unto eternal life and inheritance), what is that one gospel that did not change?

That one gospel was preached to men throughout all generations. It came in various ways and forms, the last time, being through the Son of God, Jesus Christ. In all of those ways and forms, what is it that is preached in all?

Tong
R2345

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Not something implied or am reading in.How is that an implication and a reading in? It’s interpretation. I interpret like so and you interpret differently as you do there.

I’ll quote that passage and context, and read carefully.

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit, 19 by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison,

In v.19 He was not really talking about Himself but about the Spirit.

To whom and when did He said He preached by the Spirit?

1 Peter 3:20 who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water.

It’s not to all the dead, but to them who were disobedient in the days of Noah whom He had poured His wrath upon by killing them in the flood.

It’s not after He died nor before He resurrected, but during those days while Noah was building the ark.
Well you may be right here. And if so, then He preached their damnation. They were lost for they do not exercise faith in the message of God through Noah- 120 years of preaching! Others would have heard as well. there is nothing to say that all humans who died in the flood were kept in a seperate room in hell.
It seems that you did not see the time when Jesus, by the Spirit preached the gospel. It was during the time when Noah was building the ark. Meaning, when they were still alive. And the gospel is not that of damnation but of salvation.

Tong
R2346

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
It seems you are suggesting that the Bible we have now is not trustworthy by what you contend there. So why do you even believe the Bible?

Okay, check out the text coming from the extant Greek manuscript of that passage.
I use the KJV as my authority.

The translation needs no further translating, unless someone has an agenda.

And where was the KJV translated from?

Tong
R2347

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
It’s a miracle Truther.
What specifically qualified Jesus as the son of man?

That Jesus is the Son of man is not by qualification. Jesus claimed and said He is the Son of Man. Scriptures speaks of Him to be the Son of Man. What Jesus says is the truth. No qualification needed for that.

Tong
R2348

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Adam was not forbidden and so was allowed to eat of the tree of life and live forever, until he ate of the forbidden tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and was corrupted, and was not allowed access to the tree of life.
If this is what you believe then you're admitting that Adam lost eternal life when he ate the forbidden fruit. You can quibble about words but that is what you are saying. God expelled Adam from the garden of Eden so that he couldn't eat of the tree of life and live forever. You see when it comes to immortality God chooses who will get immortality and God didn't start choosing who would get immortality until Jesus Christ and his Apostles
Then you are not understanding what I said there. Read again.

Tong
R2349