For free will believers out there

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe Philippians 2:5-9 which tells us that the Only Begotten Son of God before he became human existed in God's form but emptied himself and became a slave, became human.
Existing in God form, is consistent with what the name Michael means, "Who is like God?" What you or anyone else thinks of that doesn't change what I believe. There's too many people who keep denying it was the Only Begotten Son of God who became human and died for the world of mankind. The scriptures show us that the last Adam became a life giving spirit at 1Corinthians 15:45.

NOwhere other than in poor or intentionally deceptive translations do you find Jesus "emptying HImself"

People who deny God the son became human are unsaved as per the epistles of John!

What does it mean to you that Jesus existed in Gods form?

Yes 1 Cor. 15:45 is a valid Scripture but you take a poor translation of "eis" and along with the Watchtower make into a doctrine that Jesus didn't physically rise form the dead! And that when He did show Himself , He "manufactured" bodies to prove He lived. What did He do with all those manufactured bodies after He was done with them?????????????????????????????????????????

But eis does not mean He was turned into a life giving spirit!

Sorry Barney but resurrection "anastasis"
  1. a raising up, rising (e.g. from a seat)

2. a rising from the dead

1. that of Christ

2. that of all men at the end of this present age

3. the resurrection of certain ones history who were restored to life (Heb. 11:35)
But if something is to be resurrected (stood up again) it has to be laid down first! People are going to be stood up again in their bodies, there is not a spearate definitin for jesus body with the same word. It isn't p[ossible!

What Jesus laid down, He stood up AGAIN in.

without trusting in this as the payment for your sin debt before the Father , all your religion will do you nothing, you are lost!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe what scriptures says. And what scriptures says is that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of Man, the Son of God, and is the Word who was God, the Lord and Savior, who became flesh. All of that.

Tong
R2418
Nope like I said you either believe it was the Only Begotten Son of God is the Word that became flesh(human) or you don't. You admit that you don't believe it was the Only Begotten Son of God who became human and died for us. You will remain in your sins as long as you deny that

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NOwhere other than in poor or intentionally deceptive translations do you find Jesus "emptying HImself"

People who deny God the son became human are unsaved as per the epistles of John!

What does it mean to you that Jesus existed in Gods form?

Yes 1 Cor. 15:45 is a valid Scripture but you take a poor translation of "eis" and along with the Watchtower make into a doctrine that Jesus didn't physically rise form the dead! And that when He did show Himself , He "manufactured" bodies to prove He lived. What did He do with all those manufactured bodies after He was done with them?????????????????????????????????????????

But eis does not mean He was turned into a life giving spirit!

Sorry Barney but resurrection "anastasis"
  1. a raising up, rising (e.g. from a seat)

2. a rising from the dead
    1. that of Christ

2. that of all men at the end of this present age

3. the resurrection of certain ones history who were restored to life (Heb. 11:35)
But if something is to be resurrected (stood up again) it has to be laid down first! People are going to be stood up again in their bodies, there is not a spearate definitin for jesus body with the same word. It isn't p[ossible!

What Jesus laid down, He stood up AGAIN in.

without trusting in this as the payment for your sin debt before the Father , all your religion will do you nothing, you are lost!
Yeah right, I'm going to listen to someone who thinks he has more authority than God. You think you have the right to invert, "Son of God," to, "God the son." No one has the authority to do that and those who do think they have the authority to do that thinks their authority is greater than God's authority. I could care less what someone like that thinks of any other Bible. People who deny it was the Only Begotten Son of God who became human remain in their sins.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to think that 'begotten' means created. I disagree.

Besides doctrine, why do you disagree? From

beget
verb

be·get | \ bi-ˈget , bē- \
begot\ bi-ˈgät , bē- \ also begat\ bi-ˈgat , bē- \; begotten\ bi-ˈgä-tᵊn , bē- \ or begot; begetting

Definition of beget

transitive verb

1: to procreate as the father : SIREHe died without begetting an heir.
2: to produce especially as an effect or outgrowth

It is clear to any non-trinitarian what this word means. Beget is a word that means a type of creating. Simple.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
I believe what scriptures says. And what scriptures says is that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of Man, the Son of God, and is the Word who was God, the Lord and Savior, who became flesh. All of that.
Nope like I said you either believe it was the Only Begotten Son of God is the Word that became flesh(human) or you don't. You admit that you don't believe it was the Only Begotten Son of God who became human and died for us. You will remain in your sins as long as you deny that
And like I said, I believe not only that. And that I believe He is also the Son of Man, and is the Word who was God, the Lord and Savior, who became flesh. It seems your Bible does not say that, that you only believe what you say you believe there.

<<<You admit that you don't believe it was the Only Begotten Son of God who became human and died for us.>>>

And that clearly is putting words into my mouth. Not good, godly, and not Christian-like.

Tong
R2422

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I already know you disagree. For you to believe that the Only-Begotten Son of God didn't exist in heaven before becoming human, you're wrong.
And “begotten” does not mean “created”. To be begotten denotes that those begotten were already there.

Men were begotten, are begotten and will be begotten of man. They all come forth from Man. For all were in Adam, as scriptures revealed.

Take that understanding with regards the only begotten Son of God, and maybe you’ll get to know what scriptures says of Jesus Christ. He said it Himself, several times over, that He came forth from God.

Tong
R2423

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Besides doctrine, why do you disagree? From

beget
verb

be·get | \ bi-ˈget , bē- \
begot\ bi-ˈgät , bē- \ also begat\ bi-ˈgat , bē- \; begotten\ bi-ˈgä-tᵊn , bē- \ or begot; begetting

Definition of beget

transitive verb

1: to procreate as the father : SIREHe died without begetting an heir.
2: to produce especially as an effect or outgrowth

It is clear to any non-trinitarian what this word means. Beget is a word that means a type of creating. Simple.
See my post in #768
For free will believers out there

To beget is not to create. It is what it is, to beget.

Did my father create me? No. He have begotten me. Did God create me? Yes, but He have not begotten me.

Tong
R2424

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And like I said, I believe not only that. And that I believe He is also the Son of Man, and is the Word who was God, the Lord and Savior, who became flesh. It seems your Bible does not say that, that you only believe what you say you believe there.

<<<You admit that you don't believe it was the Only Begotten Son of God who became human and died for us.>>>

And that clearly is putting words into my mouth. Not good, godly, and not Christian-like.

Tong
R2422

You're the one who is saying it was God who became flesh(human) which means you're saying it wasn't the Only Begotten Son of God who became flesh(human)

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:

You're the one who is saying it was God who became flesh(human) which means you're saying it wasn't the Only Begotten Son of God who became flesh(human)
It is scriptures, not me, who says that Him who became flesh is the Word, who was God. And it scriptures that said that the Word who became flesh is the Only begotten Son of God, in the person of Jesus, the Christ, the Lord and Savior. But you don’t seem to want to accept what scriptures there says except for one, that it was the Only Begotten Son of God who became human and died for us.

Tong
R2426

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is scriptures, not me, who says that Him who became flesh is the Word, who was God. And it scriptures that said that the Word who became flesh is the Only begotten Son of God, in the person of Jesus, the Christ, the Lord and Savior. But you don’t seem to want to accept what scriptures there says except for one, that it was the Only Begotten Son of God who became human and died for us.

Tong
R2426
Then quite saying I'm putting words in your mouth when you're continuing to deny it was the Only Begotten Son of God who came to the world of mankind and died for the world of mankind

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Then quite saying I'm putting words in your mouth when you're continuing to deny it was the Only Begotten Son of God who came to the world of mankind and died for the world of mankind
Read what I said in my posts regarding that. If you so insist, then it is with you. What I take to be, is what scriptures said, which I have there in my post.

Tong
R2427

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not that crap again! The KJV has problems coming and going.

The KJV has many errors, most notably who the 3 witnesses are in 1 John 5:8. More than that, it translates into near Middle English. Not only the words but the sentence structure is not spoken today.

The KJV is the greatest book ever written in the English language but its time has come and gone. I enjoy reading. Specifically, I enjoy reading in my language, American 2021.
Per your opinion, what now is the pure word of God?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, God knows all and sees all, visible or not to us.

Tong
R2419
Since God knew Jeremiah before His parents conceived him, He could also have a relationship with him then, correct?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do that. It’s your right.

<<<Fact is, they all attempt to debunk the KJV to satify their own ego's as modern smart guys.>>>

That’s not a fact. It’s just your opinion.

<<<Every time a modern fella says "this actually also can mean that", they are inventing a new meaning.>>>

That’s an empty accusation, unless....proven.

Tong
R2420
I will prove it.

Next time you watch your pastor start in the KJV and end in Strongs, .....

pastor...."Hey folks, the Bible says this, but lookie here in Strongs, it also says, it means all these other things....... this Strong fella was sent from God to fix all these translation mistakes".

Unfortunately Mr Strong, PHD was a quack.

He created untold thousand of followers(closet translators).

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Per your opinion, what now is the pure word of God?

Has the Holy Spirit sealed you? When the Holy Spirit communicated to me, it was like telepathy. No word was heard, just thoughts put right into my mind.

The same regarding Scripture. If you pray for the HS to guide you, you won’t go wrong - no matter what translation you might prefer.

Remember, we are not people of the book but people of a person.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has the Holy Spirit sealed you? When the Holy Spirit communicated to me, it was like telepathy. No word was heard, just thoughts put right into my mind.

The same regarding Scripture. If you pray for the HS to guide you, you won’t go wrong - no matter what translation you might prefer.

Remember, we are not people of the book but people of a person.
That's not what I asked.

I asked what the pure word of God on paper is. You know, the written New Testament.

Is there any?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not what I asked.

I asked what the pure word of God on paper is. You know, the written New Testament.

Is there any?

No. Ink on parchment is but a shadow of the pure word of God. It is a reflection, an imperfect image like an image in moving water.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Ink on parchment is but a shadow of the pure word of God. It is a reflection, an imperfect image like an image in moving water.
Ick.

Now YOU are the pure word of God....

You contain God's pure word in it's perfection.

Scary.