For the sake of the ten

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Abraham spoke up again: "See how I am presuming to speak to my Lord, though I am but dust and ashes!

What if there are five less than fifty innocent people? Will you destroy the whole city because of those five?" "I will not destroy it," he answered, "if I find forty-five there."

But Abraham persisted, saying, "What if only forty are found there?" He replied, "I will forebear doing it for the sake of the forty."

Then he said, "Let not my Lord grow impatient if I go on. What if only thirty are found there?" He replied, "I will forebear doing it if I can find but thirty there."

Still he went on, "Since I have thus dared to speak to my Lord, what if there are no more than twenty?" "I will not destroy it," he answered, "for the sake of the twenty."

But he still persisted: "Please, let not my Lord grow angry if I speak up this last time. What if there are at least ten there?" "For the sake of those ten," he replied, "I will not destroy it."

Are we interceding for the world? Or are we calling down fire?

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abraham spoke up again: "See how I am presuming to speak to my Lord, though I am but dust and ashes!

What if there are five less than fifty innocent people? Will you destroy the whole city because of those five?" "I will not destroy it," he answered, "if I find forty-five there."

But Abraham persisted, saying, "What if only forty are found there?" He replied, "I will forebear doing it for the sake of the forty."

Then he said, "Let not my Lord grow impatient if I go on. What if only thirty are found there?" He replied, "I will forebear doing it if I can find but thirty there."

Still he went on, "Since I have thus dared to speak to my Lord, what if there are no more than twenty?" "I will not destroy it," he answered, "for the sake of the twenty."

But he still persisted: "Please, let not my Lord grow angry if I speak up this last time. What if there are at least ten there?" "For the sake of those ten," he replied, "I will not destroy it."

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

And The Lord called me down to the lake. Not knowing the reason why, I went. As I got there and started to walk I could feel The Presence of The Lord grow stronger and stronger. His holiness made me want to cry. As I stood by the water The Lord spoke not a word. So I started to plead out loud with The Lord to mercy upon this country and the world. This went on for a while as tears rolled down my face. After I got everything out, I went home. I wondered why The Lord was silent. About a week later, He called me back down to the lake. This time turned out to be different than the first. When I arrived there I walked down to the water. I could not perceive The Presence of The Lord. This time I noticed that since I had been there the week before, that a very huge tree was felled and laying down on the ground. It's roots with soil in them was so big that it was nearly half as tall as the other trees as they stood upright. This had to be the tallest tree in the forest and yet there it was, laying on the forest floor. As I stood there by the water I could hear the voice of The Lord speak to me about various things but not about the tree. When I got home I pondered these things in my heart as I hope some of you do today. What Abraham did, is what all of us should do, as we have His heart. This is a heart that loves, and loves unconditionally.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What Abraham did, is what all of us should do, as we have His heart. This is a heart that loves, and loves unconditionally.

This Catholic devotion How to Recite the Chaplet of The Divine Mercy I find most helpful. I often insert the name of someone in particular i'm praying for in praying ' have mercy on (name) and on the whole world' for the decades...

Peace be with you!

Reactions: amadeus

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

It really depends. It may be that Abraham knew there was virtually nobody in Sodom worth saving. Talking God down to ten may be an effort to save the few who were his relatives? Just sayin'.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It really depends. It may be that Abraham knew there was virtually nobody in Sodom worth saving. Talking God down to ten may be an effort to save the few who were his relatives? Just sayin'.

Hello Randy,

And are we not all each others relatives?

Don't get me wrong, I want Jesus to come back today! As much as anyone, to put an end to injustice and suffering...
Is that not what it means to hunger and thirst for righteousness?

But for the sake of the 50 who will be converted tommorow, or the 20, or the 10...
Tarry just a little longer Lord, I pray.

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

Reactions: amadeus

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Randy,

And are we not all each others relatives?

Don't get me wrong, I want Jesus to come back today! As much as anyone, to put an end to injustice and suffering...
Is that not what it means to hunger and thirst for righteousness?

But for the sake of the 50 who will be converted tommorow, or the 20, or the 10...
Tarry just a little longer Lord, I pray.

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

I like your spirit, your attitude, and your heart for people. I'm with you!

Reactions: Philip James

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that we should have a heart for the lost.

I think God likes when we intercede for others and pray big prayers.

One time, I prayed very hard that God would save every last person alive on the earth today...

Then, Covid happened. I believe God is using Covid to wake people up and call many to Himself.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Then, Covid happened. I believe God is using Covid to wake people up and call many to Himself.

For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on India, and on the whole world.

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!