The Didache on the coming of the world-deceiver: What 1st and 2nd century saints were taught

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The context is that he was not a Jew and yet someone still wanted him circumcised. The context is not that God saw him as both a Christian and a Greek.
The reality is that Titus was a Gentile Christian.

Context does not change reality.

Reactions: Zao is life

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have given you a lot of data and Scripture on this subject but you cannot see it. Either you are blind to it or probably just looking at it from your own image. Looking at it from God's image there's not such thing as Jews or Gentiles once you are born again. There are all one in Christ.
They are one spiritually.

They are distinct ethnically.

You're unable to understand the difference.

Awaiting any particle of recognized support for your delusion since the NT was written.

Last edited:

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are one spiritually.

They are distinct ethnically.

You're unable to understand the difference.

Awaiting any particle of recognized support for your delusion since the NT was written.
I have mentioned this a number of times that I'm looking at this from God's eyes and if that does not mean spiritually than I don't know what spiritually is. And you are looking at this through your old image which means not spiritually. And I think there's our difference.

• Haha

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reality is that Titus was a Gentile Christian.

Context does not change reality
Men use these words in the context of who was a Jew or who was a Gentile. God does not use these words for there is neither Jew or Gentile in Christ. And it's God who put the Bible together and if we don't understand how He uses words then we will not be able to know who He is talking to. Thus, we will take the Law that He was speaking about in Romans 7 and apply it to Christians and say we have a sin nature. We will take what Paul is saying to only Jews in Romans 11 and apply it to Christians and think Gentiles are a part of another part of the Christian tree. We will be very confused in our understanding of the Scriptures if we do not watch to whom it is addressed. The Catholics have taken this same issue into the gospels and teach Christians have a sinners prayer that was given to Israel before the Christians got started.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It just blows my mind how yours works. This verse is talking about those who were called as both Jews and Gentiles to be Christians.

24 even us, whom he has called, not only from the Jews but also from the Gentiles?

This verse means Peter's ministry was to go to the Jews to try to get them born again and Paul to the Gentiles to try to get them born again.

8 (for he who empowered Peter for his apostleship to the circumcised also empowered me for my apostleship to the Gentiles)

He's telling them his ministry is to talk with them the Gentiles to let them know that they to can be born again...

1 For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles -

The verse means they were eating with those who were not Jewish and it does not matter if one group was Jewish or one group was Gentiles anymore because none of that matters anymore is the context and scope of that verse. It is not to show there was such a thing as Gentile Christians from God's point of view.

Until certain people came from James, he had been eating with the Gentiles.
:rolleyes:

Come back when you actually know what you are talking about. You make it clear that you always read scripture in such a way as to always add your own private meaning to what is being said, rather than what the apostles actually said.

Reactions: covenantee

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Men use these words in the context of who was a Jew or who was a Gentile. God does not use these words for there is neither Jew or Gentile in Christ. And it's God who put the Bible together and if we don't understand how He uses words then we will not be able to know who He is talking to. Thus, we will take the Law that He was speaking about in Romans 7 and apply it to Christians and say we have a sin nature. We will take what Paul is saying to only Jews in Romans 11 and apply it to Christians and think Gentiles are a part of another part of the Christian tree. We will be very confused in our understanding of the Scriptures if we do not watch to whom it is addressed. The Catholics have taken this same issue into the gospels and teach Christians have a sinners prayer that was given to Israel before the Christians got started.
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Nor does anyone else.

Nor do you.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Nor does anyone else.

Nor do you.
I hope all are not like you who cannot understand if we do not watch to whom it is addressed... then we will take for an example the 7th chapter of the book of Romans and think Paul is writing about Christians when he is writing about those still in the flesh or still a Jew or still a Gentile.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:rolleyes:

Come back when you actually know what you are talking about. You make it clear that you always read scripture in such a way as to always add your own private meaning to what is being said, rather than what the apostles actually said.
So we do not agree.

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree. The Word of the Lord does come to me from time to time. And I am an Ambassador for the Lord Jesus Christ.
You may be an ambassador and the HS may gives you words to speak. Neither of them are knowing God’s thoughts. Anyone that says they know his mind, his thoughts is false and to be reproved

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may be an ambassador and the HS may gives you words to speak. Neither of them are knowing God’s thoughts. Anyone that says they know his mind, his thoughts is false and to be reproved
Well, there is lots of stuff that the Word makes known about Him. He Has clearly said He does not like any other gods to be worshiped over Him. He also says in the Epistles there's only 3 classifications of people...

1.) Jews
2.) Gentiles
3.) The Saints... Believers

His mind does not see Gentile Christians.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, there is lots of stuff that the Word makes known about Him. He Has clearly said He does not like any other gods to be worshiped over Him. He also says in the Epistles there's only 3 classifications of people...

1.) Jews
2.) Gentiles
3.) The Saints... Believers

His mind does not see Gentile Christians.
Hebrews 4:13 NIV
Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

Hebrews 4:13 plainly says that God sees everything.

You claim that God does not see everything.

What verse plainly says that God does not see everything?

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

What verse plainly says that God does not see

What verse plainly says that God does not see everything?

There's no such thing as a Gentile Christian so how can God see one?

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's no such thing as a Gentile Christian so how can God see one?

There is such a thing, a gentile who is a Christian is obviously a gentile Christian. That means he is not a Jewish person with the religion of Christianity. The whole "there is no Jew or Greek in Christ" does not in any way means gentiles and Jews cease to be gentiles and Jews just because they are Christian. It only means they are equal in status, not that the don't exist anymore. Hyper literal exegesis is foolishness.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is such a thing, a gentile who is a Christian is obviously a gentile Christian. That means he is not a Jewish person with the religion of Christianity. The whole "there is no Jew or Greek in Christ" does not in any way means gentiles and Jews cease to be gentiles and Jews just because they are Christian. It only means they are equal in status, not that the don't exist anymore. Hyper literal exegesis is foolishness.
You see it through your own eyes. I see it through God's eyes because He wrote the book and thus, we need to understand it from His view. You tell me I'm wrong. That I can't see it God's way. Maybe you can't. But I can. In the new nature there's no Gentile Christian. If God tried to write about it your Bible would fall apart.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You see it through your own eyes. I see it through God's eyes because He wrote the book and thus, we need to understand it from His view. You tell me I'm wrong. That I can't see it God's way. Maybe you can't. But I can. In the new nature there's no Gentile Christian. If God tried to write about it your Bible would fall apart.
Acts 15:28-29 Origen
and also, as they themselves say, to the Holy Spirit, to write a letter to the Gentile believers, forbidding them to partake of those things from which alone they say it is necessary to abstain, namely, "things offered to idols, things strangled, and blood."[60]

Romans 16:17 John Calvin
The Gentile Christians, by eating, gave offense to the believing Jews, and this offense led to a division or separation.

Last edited:

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 15:28-29 Origen
and also, as they themselves say, to the Holy Spirit, to write a letter to the Gentile believers, forbidding them to partake of those things from which alone they say it is necessary to abstain, namely, "things offered to idols, things strangled, and blood."[60]

Romans 16:17 John Calvin
The Gentile Christians, by eating, gave offense to the believing Jews, and this offense led to a division or separation.

How come I don't see the word Gentile believers in my Acts 15:28-29?

Acts 15:28-29
For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Don't see it here either...

Acts 16:17
The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How come I don't see the word Gentile believers in my Acts 15:28-29?

Acts 15:28-29
For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Don't see it here either...

Acts 16:17
The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.
Unsurprisingly, you're missing the point.

The point is that the true orthodox Christian Church, represented here by the historical defenders of the faith Origen and Calvin, has always recognized the reality of Gentile Christians/believers.

As has every other recognized defender of the true faith since the NT was written.