The Didache on the coming of the world-deceiver: What 1st and 2nd century saints were taught

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unsurprisingly, you're missing the point.

The point is that the true orthodox Christian Church, represented here by the historical defenders of the faith Origen and Calvin, has always recognized the reality of Gentile Christians/believers.

As has every other recognized defender of the true faith since the NT was written.
Are the true orthodox Christian Church the same folks who gave us the trinity? Taught dead people are alive? And God is in control of everything that happens? That the Four Gospels are written to Christians? And that water baptism is relevant? And also that we still have a sin nature?

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are the true orthodox Christian Church the same folks who gave us the trinity? Taught dead people are alive? And God is in control of everything that happens? That the Four Gospels are written to Christians? And that water baptism is relevant? And also that we still have a sin nature?
Are you the only true orthodox Christian who has ever lived? :laughing:

We're discussing who did and didn't recognize Gentile Christians/believers.

I've shown two who did.

Your turn to show even just one who didn't.

Other than yourself.

Since the NT was written.

Reactions: Zao is life

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you the only true orthodox Christian who has ever lived? :laughing:

We're discussing who did and didn't recognize Gentile Christians/believers.

I've shown two who did.

Your turn to show even just one who didn't.

Other than yourself.

Since the NT was written.
I must have missed the two who did. Would you be so kind to show me the two verses again?

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look real hard. You'll see 'em.
Yeah Right... the reason they don't exist is because there's no such thing as a Gentile Christian. There are Christians who used to be Gentiles and there are Christians who used to be Jews.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah Right... the reason they don't exist is because there's no such thing as a Gentile Christian. There are Christians who used to be Gentiles and there are Christians who used to be Jews.

Nope. None of that is true. Paul continued to say he was a Jew after his conversion.

Act_22:3 I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. None of that is true. Paul continued to say he was a Jew after his conversion.

Act_22:3 I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day.
Put two words together for me. Show me where Paul said I'm a Jew Christian.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Have you been physically blind for a long time?

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Put two words together for me. Show me where Paul said I'm a Jew Christian.

He said he was a Jew, and this is after his conversion so there is no such thing as you claim about this not existing. Even after being proven wrong multiple times, you won't stop spreading this falsehood.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He said he was a Jew, and this is after his conversion so there is no such thing as you claim about this not existing. Even after being proven wrong multiple times, you won't stop spreading this falsehood.
I will take that as there's no verse that says Paul was a Jew Christian. There are multiple times I have said there's no Jew Christian mention by God or from God's classification. You and men can refer to Paul as a Jew and a Christian. But God does not and so what you guys can't seem to understand is that we need to understand the Scriptures from God's point of view and not from your point of view.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are multiple times I have said there's no Jew Christian mention by God or from God's classification.
The phrase "God's classification" does not occur in Scripture.

What is your (ir)rationale for using a phrase which does not occur in Scripture?

• Love
Reactions: Zao is life

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I have mentioned this a number of times that I'm looking at this from God's eyes and if that does not mean spiritually than I don't know what spiritually is. And you are looking at this through your old image which means not spiritually. And I think there's our difference.
:Laughingoutloud: :rolleyes:

You think that if you keep asserting something like the above it's going to make it come true? The above statement, already put by you in various ways using various words, is not a mantra that's going to become true just because you keep repeating it.

Last edited:
Reactions: covenantee

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Men use these words in the context of who was a Jew or who was a Gentile. God does not use these words for there is neither Jew or Gentile in Christ. And it's God who put the Bible together and if we don't understand how He uses words then we will not be able to know who He is talking to. Thus, we will take the Law that He was speaking about in Romans 7 and apply it to Christians and say we have a sin nature. We will take what Paul is saying to only Jews in Romans 11 and apply it to Christians and think Gentiles are a part of another part of the Christian tree. We will be very confused in our understanding of the Scriptures if we do not watch to whom it is addressed. The Catholics have taken this same issue into the gospels and teach Christians have a sinners prayer that was given to Israel before the Christians got started.
Those who are in Christ are Jews inwardly and are part of the remnant of Israel.
Those who are in Christ and are Jews outwardly are part of the remnant of Israel.
Those who are in Christ and are Jews inwardly and Gentiles outwardly are part of the remnant of Israel.

Jews and Gentiles in Christ. We are not spirits. We are flesh and bone and blood. I don't know what cloud your head is in but sometimes I think it's the cloud of smoke produced by whatever it is you are smoking. Honestly, you can't make a Jew out of a Gentile and you can't make a Gentile out of a Jew just because he is in Christ.

• Love

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I will take that as there's no verse that says Paul was a Jew Christian. There are multiple times I have said there's no Jew Christian mention by God or from God's classification. You and men can refer to Paul as a Jew and a Christian. But God does not and so what you guys can't seem to understand is that we need to understand the Scriptures from God's point of view and not from your point of view.
"So I ask, God has not rejected his people, has he? Absolutely not! For I too am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin." -- Romans 1:1

Paul said this after he had become a Christian.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"So I ask, God has not rejected his people, has he? Absolutely not! For I too am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin." -- Romans 1:1

Paul said this after he had become a Christian.
Paul is saying it. Not God.

P.S. It's not Romans 1:1

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who are in Christ are Jews inwardly and are part of the remnant of Israel.
Those who are in Christ and are Jews outwardly are part of the remnant of Israel.
Those who are in Christ and are Jews inwardly and Gentiles outwardly are part of the remnant of Israel.

Jews and Gentiles in Christ. We are not spirits. We are flesh and bone and blood. I don't know what cloud your head is in but sometimes I think it's the cloud of smoke produced by whatever it is you are smoking. Honestly, you can't make a Jew out of a Gentile and you can't make a Gentile out of a Jew just because he is in Christ.
I do not know why we have so many Christians who believe the entire Bible is written directly to them, the Church of God. There is nothing in the Bible to indicate such thinking, and I would like to add nothing could be further from the truth. It's true the Word of God was written for everyone for all time, and it's for our learning because it contains what everyone should know. That does not mean every part of it is addressed to everyone in this time, because the subject matter was written either to the Jews, to the Gentiles, or to the Church of God
(1 Corinthians 10:32).

To rightly understand the Word of God, one must understand what part is written to the Church of God and what part is written for the learning of the Church. Every word from Genesis 1:1, to Revelation 22:21, is written for our learning. However, not all of the words from Genesis 1:1, to Revelation 22:21, are addressed to us. We must learn to distinguish not only the various people, but also the different time periods God has spoken to if we want to understand the written Word of God. The time God spoke to the children of Israel is not the same time period He has spoken to us. The time He spoke to the prophets in the time of the Old Testament is not the same time period He spoke to His Son Jesus Christ in the time of the gospels.