The Didache on the coming of the world-deceiver: What 1st and 2nd century saints were taught

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Irrelevant. You'll have to try harder than that. :laughing:

You're using a phrase which does not occur in Scripture.

It is unScriptural.
Exactly. It's my whole point. The difference between how men speak and how God speaks. God does not say a Jewish Christian. Men talk like that. This is important if we are going to understand what God means when He talks to us through Scripture. If we change His words to the way we talk... then we are talking to ourselves and calling it biblical. This is how religions have developed.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Exactly. I think you are starting to get it.
So if "Jewish Christians" is invalid, then "God's classification" is invalid.

And your following claim of God's classification in post 153 is demolished:

He also says in the Epistles there's only 3 classifications of people...

1.) Jews
2.) Gentiles
3.) The Saints... Believers

Last edited:

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if "Jewish Christians" is invalid, then "God's classification" is invalid.

And your following claim of God's classification in post 153 is demolished:

He also says in the Epistles there's only 3 classifications of people...

1.) Jews
2.) Gentiles
3.) The Saints... Believers
You spin and twist better than anyone. It's not that hard. You have your way of thinking and God has His. You see Paul as a Jewish Christian. Paul sees himself as a man who was born a Jew. God does not. When God writes about Gentiles He means non-Jewish people who are not born again. When He writes about Jews He means those who are not Gentiles who are not born again. When He writes about Christians He means people who are born again. You, me, and other men may or may not write like that. But God does. Why is this important? Because we need to understand who the heck He's talking about. We are not trying to figure out what you are talking about. We all know you are talking about Gentile Christians. And by that you mean Gentiles who were not Jewish who are born again. God does not talk like that. Now if you were walking by the spirit of God this would not be hard to understand.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You spin and twist better than anyone. It's not that hard. You have your way of thinking and God has His. You see Paul as a Jewish Christian. Paul sees himself as a man who was born a Jew. God does not. When God writes about Gentiles He means non-Jewish people who are not born again. When He writes about Jews He means those who are not Gentiles who are not born again. When He writes about Christians He means people who are born again. You, me, and other men may or may not write like that. But God does. Why is this important? Because we need to understand who the heck He's talking about. We are not trying to figure out what you are talking about. We all know you are talking about Gentile Christians. And by that you mean Gentiles who were not Jewish who are born again. God does not talk like that. Now if you were walking by the spirit of God this would not be hard to understand.
Too bad bro.

You've been demolished. :laughing:

Reactions: Zao is life

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I do not know why we have so many Christians who believe the entire Bible is written directly to them, the Church of God. There is nothing in the Bible to indicate such thinking, and I would like to add nothing could be further from the truth. It's true the Word of God was written for everyone for all time, and it's for our learning because it contains what everyone should know. That does not mean every part of it is addressed to everyone in this time, because the subject matter was written either to the Jews, to the Gentiles, or to the Church of God
(1 Corinthians 10:32).

To rightly understand the Word of God, one must understand what part is written to the Church of God and what part is written for the learning of the Church. Every word from Genesis 1:1, to Revelation 22:21, is written for our learning. However, not all of the words from Genesis 1:1, to Revelation 22:21, are addressed to us. We must learn to distinguish not only the various people, but also the different time periods God has spoken to if we want to understand the written Word of God. The time God spoke to the children of Israel is not the same time period He has spoken to us. The time He spoke to the prophets in the time of the Old Testament is not the same time period He spoke to His Son Jesus Christ in the time of the gospels.
Oh for goodness sake. You've copied and pasted the above post so many times it demolishes any suspicion that we're talking to a human being and not an AI bot.

You seem to love your mantras that you seem to believe will come true if you repeat them often enough.

Reactions: covenantee

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Exactly. It's my whole point. The difference between how men speak and how God speaks. God does not say a Jewish Christian. Men talk like that. This is important if we are going to understand what God means when He talks to us through Scripture. If we change His words to the way we talk... then we are talking to ourselves and calling it biblical. This is how religions have developed.

:Laughingoutloud: You change how you talk into "how God speaks", and then expect us to believe you when you twist the meaning of the apostles' words into your words produced by how you talk (but not how God speaks).

Reactions: covenantee

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:Laughingoutloud: You change how you talk into "how God speaks", and then expect us to believe you when you twist the meaning of the apostles' words into your words produced by how you talk (but not how God speaks).
Talking to you is like Jesus talking to the Pharisees. Everything you are doing you say I'm doing.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh for goodness sake. You've copied and pasted the above post so many times it demolishes any suspicion that we're talking to a human being and not an AI bot.

You seem to love your mantras that you seem to believe will come true if you repeat them often enough.
I copy and paste from my own book. Should I hand write it again just to put it here when I already wrote it else where?

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was writing under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and would never have written anything God would not have said.

At last you are correct regarding something you corrected me about. My typo.
Yeah well then how do you explain Romans 9 through 11 when he decided to talk about his Jewish buddies or when he went off script in 1 Corinthians 7 when he says I speak and not the Lord?