For Those Who Deny Jesus Christ IS Almighty God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not really. I will never subscribe to Tritheism; which is what you are purporting.

I believe what it says in James 2:19.

James was Jewish and he in fact did believe in one God...and that is Yahweh. As with the other Apostles, and if you look at the designations the Apostles give them....they refer to Yahweh as God and Yeshua as Lord. But still contrary to that and what Yeshua said and all that occurred in the Gospels....the Apostles are going say God the Father gave everything over to Yeshua.

Now we can throw scriptures at each other and it will do no good. But the point that the Bible show the Apostles writing in Yeshua as God all Almighty, is true.

And! And But! I do not care what you believe or subscribe to....that is your business.....freedom of religion. My ministry is the Johnny
Appleseed of Truth, I am not trying to start a church! The question is, can you prove me wrong?

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James was Jewish and he in fact did believe in one God...and that is Yahweh. As with the other Apostles, and if you look at the designations the Apostles give them....they refer to Yahweh as God and Yeshua as Lord. But still contrary to that and what Yeshua said and all that occurred in the Gospels....the Apostles are going say God the Father gave everything over to Yeshua.

Now we can throw scriptures at each other and it will do no good. But the point that the Bible show the Apostle writing in Yeshua as God all Almighty, is true.

And! And But! I do not care what you believe or subscribe to....that is your business.....freedom of religion. My ministry is the Johnny
Appleseed of Truth, I am not trying to start a church! The question is, can you prove me wrong?

I don't need to prove you wrong as concerning this post. I believe that Jesus is God Almighty.

But I believe that He is distinct, and not separate, from the Father.

So, if you don't accept the testimony of holy scripture then you have bigger problems than I might be able to deal with.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the Son of God in that He took on human flesh.

No actually it states that God Himself took on Humanity.. says nothing of the Son taking on Humanity... do you not even know your own doctrine???

"He is one, however,
not by his divinity being turned into flesh,
but by God's taking humanity to himself."

right form the explanation of the Trinity in the founding document ... SHow me where Jesus "God the Son" took on the flesh???

In fact let us go a little further and utilize John 1:1 and 14... Where it states that God Himself, and not the Jesus, became Flesh... according to your doctrine it states that the Father, God , is not the Son Jesus.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't need to prove you wrong as concerning this post. I believe that Jesus is God Almighty.

So, if you don't accept the testimony of holy scripture then you have bigger problems than I might be able to deal with.
Actually you do have to prove him wrong according to scripture.. Just saying...

Titus 1:9-16 "9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: 11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake. 12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies. 13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; 14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth. 15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled. 16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate."

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Because of that, you will die in your sins if you do not ever repent (John 8:24).

I believe Jesus is the Messiah.

It should be clear, if you accept the kjv as a valid translation of scripture, that in Hebrews 1:8-9, Jesus is clearly God. And even in Hebrews 1:6 it should be clear that God commands all of the holy angels to worship Jesus.

Tell me, does the Bible teach that we ought to worship anyone other than YHWH?

Consider commandment #1 in the ten commandments.

Why then are the angels commanded to worship Jesus?

“And David said to all the congregation, Now bless the LORD your God. And all the congregation blessed the LORD God of their fathers, and bowed down their heads, and worshipped the LORD, and the king.”

(1 Chronicles 29:20, KJV)

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Although I agree that the Apostles, particularly John....designate Christ as Almighty God and even the Creator God...the Logos. But it is contrary to most of what Christ said in the Gospels....the conversations in the Gospels, and the examples that are in the Gospels....it is one of those topics that you can have a scriptural snowball fight with. So as far as testimony or example the Gospels win out.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Although I agree that the Apostles, particularly John....designate Christ as Almighty God and even the Creator God...the Logos. But it is contrary to most of what Christ said in the Gospels....the conversations in the Gospels, and the examples that are in the Gospels....it is one of those topics that you can have a scriptural snowball fight with. So as far as testimony or example the Gospels win out.
"But I believe that He is distinct, and not separate from the Father." is what heartwahsed said and you skipped over that??? anything she has said past that point was a deflection.. she just showed, yet again, that she doesn't know her own doctrine..

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is actually more valid to say that the concept that Jesus is less than the Father as concerning His Deity has been refuted by John 5:18.
Not one little bit is it refuted that Jesus is less than God as it is a demonstrable fact. Jesus died and was raised by God. God did not die then raised by Jesus.

It is so peculiar that trinitarians rely on verses like John 5:18, which is written like gossip; somebody who is wrong about Jesus and kills him, says something slanderous and blasphemous about Jesus. This begs the question of were they wrong about Jesus for you argue both, they were wrong in one instance but right when it is convenient for your doctrine.

That you are taking John 5:18 out of context is for certain for John tells us that everything he wrote was to prove something other than the idea that Jesus is God; namely, that Jesus is God’s Anointed in v 20:31. So, it is funny to see trinitarians try to twist 1:1 – and indeed, his entire Gospel - to have a purpose other than what John explicitly stated is the purpose of his Gospel!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"But I believe that He is distinct, and not separate from the Father." is what heartwahsed said and you skipped over that??? anything she has said past that point was a deflection.. she just showed, yet again, that she doesn't know her own doctrine..

Her doctrine is fuzzy logic.....there is no way of getting around that. Because she does not know how it developed. I tried to explain. to no avail. The Ecumenical doctrine of the Trinity does not work. And what goes on in the Gospels proves it wrong. But the Apostles seem to say something different or it looks like went another direction.

John is the nail....and I would not be the first to say that John's writings have an Gnostic flavor to them. Logos is a Greek term that originated from the 6th century BC philosophers.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not one little bit is it refuted that Jesus is less than God as it is a demonstrable fact. Jesus died and was raised by God. God did not die then raised by Jesus.

It is so peculiar that trinitarians rely on verses like John 5:18, which is written like gossip; somebody who is wrong about Jesus and kills him, says something slanderous and blasphemous about Jesus. This begs the question of were they wrong about Jesus for you argue both, they were wrong in one instance but right when it is convenient for your doctrine.

That you are taking John 5:18 out of context is for certain for John tells us that everything he wrote was to prove something other than the idea that Jesus is God; namely, that Jesus is God’s Anointed in v 20:31. So, it is funny to see trinitarians try to twist 1:1 – and indeed, his entire Gospel - to have a purpose other than what John explicitly stated is the purpose of his Gospel!

Gal. 1:1 says that the Father raised Jesus from the dead.

"Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead"

Rom. 8:11 says that the Spirit raised Christ from the dead.

"But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Jn. 10:18 says that Jesus had the power to raise Himself from the dead.

" No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father."

So who raised Jesus from the dead? Was is not the Triune God?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"But I believe that He is distinct, and not separate from the Father." is what heartwahsed said and you skipped over that???
Trinitarians rely on dualism.

Dualism is the philosophical tenet to escape logic, accepting and advancing the mystical notion that contradictions exist.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn. 10:18 says that Jesus had the power to raise Himself from the dead.
No. It doesn't. If I say I would get my wife a cup of coffee, it does not mean, like the other verses do, that someone else ACTUALLY did it.

Point is, a verse says God - in his unitarian nature - raised Jesus from the dead. This destroys the notion that Jesus is God. The best trinitarian response is to distract my referencing many verses, hoping something sticks.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. It doesn't. If I say I would get my wife a cup of coffee, it does not mean, like the other verses do, that someone else ACTUALLY did it.

Point is, a verse says God - in his unitarian nature - raised Jesus from the dead. This destroys the notion that Jesus is God. The best trinitarian response is to distract my referencing many verses, hoping something sticks.

LOL. and what verse is it that says "in his unitarian nature?"

I haven't read that verse, did you find that in a Unitarian Church hymnal?

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL. and what verse is it that says "in his unitarian nature?"

I haven't read that verse, did you find that in a Unitarian Church hymnal?

So you know that both oneness and Trinitarian are actually Unitarian... because they worship God as 3 separate persons as one person in Unity... Just saying..

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you know that both oneness and Trinitarian are actually Unitarian... because they worship God as 3 separate persons as one person in Unity... Just saying..

And what has that to do with the verse I was asking for?

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what has that to do with the verse I was asking for?
Just making a statement because you are calling @Wrangler a Unitarian when it is you who are a unitarian.

When @Wrangler speaks about God they mean God.. when they speak about the Holy SPirit, they are referring to the Holy SPirit, WHen they speak of Jesus they are speaking of Jesus...

When a Unitarian, Trinitarian and Oneness believer talks about God they refer to God as The Father, The Holy Spirit and The Son "Jesus"... Making no distinction between either one of the being God..

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just making a statement because you are calling @Wrangler a Unitarian when it is you who are a unitarian.

When @Wrangler speaks about God they mean God.. when they speak about the Holy SPirit, they are referring to the Holy SPirit, WHen they speak of Jesus they are speaking of Jesus...

When a Unitarian, Trinitarian and Oneness believer talks about God they refer to God as The Father, The Holy Spirit and The Son "Jesus"... Making no distinction between either one of the being God..

So you can help Wrangler find that verse then?