For those who think Christ is not God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Christ God?

• God

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • Lesser than God

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • A mere Son/Man of God.

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know Jesus Called Jews brethren? Would this imply the Jews were the brothers of God
Yes I did know that. It's key to correctly interpreting the "sheep/goats" judgment.

Matthew 25:40 LITV
And answering, the King will say to them, Truly I say to you, In so far as you did it to one of these, the least of My brothers, you did it to Me.

It means the Jews were Jesus' brothers. Does you question sound silly to you? Do you apply some "logical" gotcha to deny that Jesus Christ is the God Who purchased the church with His Own blood? "He humbled himself . . ."

"Therefore His is not ashamed to call them brothers". Why would that even be a question?

Much love!

Reactions: Pearl

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would that even be a question?
Why not? Jesus references them as brothers and they claim the power to be the sons of God, yet none of them ever once in any scripture call Jesus father. Seems odd too me, this being so overwhelmingly clear too so many that choose too believe Jesus is God.

Reactions: APAK

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: APAK

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So, it is ODD to you, that many of us believe The Overwhelming Amount of
God's Plain And Clear Scriptures?:

500 Scriptural Passages Teaching JESUS CHRIST Is Almighty God!

GRACE And Peace...
Certain organisations and cults teach this stuff and their followers are discouraged from reading proper bibles or even their own distorted bibles and all the bible study they do is what their cult tells them. I would hope that they would have the gumption to seek out a real bible and prayerfully read for themselves those 500 passages. In the end they will be responsible for their own souls and we can only point them in the right direction and hope their eyes will eventually be opened to the truth and to the deceptions they are being taught.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only odd in the sense that your god comes to earth spends three years speaking too himself and then commits suicide in order to redeem you.

This is blasphemous and so very hard to read.!
May my God, the Father God the Son,Jesus and God the Holy Ghost have mercy on you sir.

Reactions: Pearl

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And yet the statement Jesus made was of pre-existence. Somehow your perception of the context isn't taking into account the actual statement. You can't claim that when Jesus declared that He exists before Abraham did exist, that this doesn't show pre-existence, because of the context, that IS the context. His statement shows at the same time pre-existence and eternal existence. His statement is simple and plain, albeit incredible to many.

Much love!
It's difficult to understand if you approach with per-concieved ideas, i'll give you that. If Christ has become His glory and His Glory has always been and if we are also to share in that glory then its obvious to all that we shared this Glory also before Abraham and before creation itself. It requires greater faith the your model which is why it is true.
F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you know, dinosaurs used to be called dragons?

Much love!
As long as you don't believe Rev 12 is speaking about dinosaurs you should be on the right path. Rev 12 is not literal "at all" and requires careful unpacking.

Reactions: Waiting on him

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fully believe it was in what you call the new testament sir. Jehovah would not have inspired writers who would alter His word. You do understand the original writings do not exist correct? Do you also understand that your favored version has Jah's name in Revelation 19
True. Neither your writings nor your jehovah exist.

You are no 'sir' to me, nor have any respect from me as an honorable debater, until you respond to these proofs:

1. Jesus has made all things, and nothing is ever made without Him. And the LORD God of Israel is our Maker.

2. You say the word was with God, and the word was a god. This perversion of the Greek becomes a direct contradiction to the LORD God declaring there is no god with Him, including all gods that have not made anything will perish.

Your falsely made christ and god was never with the LORD and will perish with all other gods.

3. Your jehovah has never fulfilled any promised prophesy the LORD made of Himself on earth. Scripture shows Jesus has and will.

4. Jesus Christ is the Word of life and eternal life manifested on earth. The true God is that eternal life, the Son Jesus Christ.

5. Jesus is the name above every name that is ever named by God in Scripture, including His name Yehovah.

6. The Son is to be honored as the Father, and if not, then neither the Father nor the Son is being honored as God.

MrBebe

Sep 8, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Good day,
Gods Holy Spirit is the Bride? ...of whom? Could you explain this to me?
The Bride is Gods Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is seen of John gifted too Christ at his baptism.

John 3:29 KJV
[29] He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

Luke 3:22 KJV
[22] And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.
Good day,

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God's Holy Spirit is not the bride. God's Holy spirit is the power, the fuel if you like, in the life of all true Christians.

Reactions: MrBebe

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good day,

Good day,

The church is likened to the bride of Christ in that the Head and the Body are one flesh of His flesh and of His bone.

New Jerusalem is the ministry of Christ and mother of us all, which will be as the bride of God and the Lamb forever in the new heaven and new earth.

God does not marry, even as the angels of heaven do not marry, nor are given in marriage, but marriage is the divine relationship from the beginning of man and God: to be made one flesh forever by faithfulness together with a pure heart.

Reactions: MrBebe

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long as you don't believe Rev 12 is speaking about dinosaurs you should be on the right path. Rev 12 is not literal "at all" and requires careful unpacking.
This is the beautiful thing about the Bible, we don't have to play guessing games, God tells us what He means.

Revelation 12:3 KJV
3) And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

Revelation 12:9 KJV
9) And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

God tells us this dragon is a symbol of Satan.

We know the dragon is a symbol, and we know what that symbol means, because the Bible says so.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All good, the way many read their Bibles here I was hoping you didn't believe in literal dragons.
You don't believe in literal dragons? There are bones of them all over the world! Sculptures and paintings and written descriptions, again, all over the world. Marco Polo saw dragons pulling wagons in China.

Much love!