For those who think Christ is not God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Christ God?

• God

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • Lesser than God

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • A mere Son/Man of God.

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I stopped reading your entire nonsensical post, you don't believe what you read in scriptures, that is very obvious...still trying to find "a chunk? of the HS?..." in my Bible, that is how you guys water down the scriptures with worldly
rhetoric's, no kratos, vain and empty philosophical words and you don't have the respect due to the Holy Spirit/Ruach ha Kodesh to even type His S'mo.
J.
So evidently you have given up. Initially waving your sword and slashing away at thin air and shadows and the spirits of men, and now you have left the field of battle waving a white flag, speechless, and now imprisoned by your own mind in defeat? :rolleyes::D

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
So evidently you have given up. Initially waving your sword and slashing away at thin air and shadows and the spirits of men, and now you have left the field of battle waving a white flag, speechless, and now imprisoned by your own mind in defeat? :rolleyes::D

You and I are going to stand before Christ Jesus to give an account of each and idle, useless, inoperative words we have spoken/typed in word, thought and deed.
The very Christ, whom you show no respect and the Holy Spirit, is going to be your Judge.
J.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but not because of anything He said, but because Satan had instilled in them doubt as to God's care for them.

They were fearful and afraid of the righteous judgment of God, which is not the fear of the Lord that chooses the good and refuses the evil:

And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.

What the father of lies did was lie against God, and when they believe him rather than God, they chose to do evil rather than continue doing good. And so like the devil, they also became fearful of His judgment and fiery indignation, since they were not repenting.

They didn't just doubt His love for them, but believed the lie of the devil that he didn't ever love them at all, but was only a despot lording it over them, so that they wouldn't ever dare to be like Him.

Which in truth, they were already made like Him and being like Him in choosing to do good and not the evil. Afterall, the LORD has always kept His own word He ever commanded to man, both in the garden not to eat of that fruit, and in the days of His own flesh not to transgress His law.

They made themselves fearful and unbelieving of God by sinning and not repenting of their sin: those chose to be friends of the devil and stayed that way:

Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

That mindset hasn't changed over the last 6000 years. People are still afraid of God because of their sin.

Unrepentant people are afraid of God because of their sin. Not all people have forsaken the fear of the Lord and remain fearful and unbelieving.

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

But because the attributes of divinity that belonged to Christ were inherited,

'Attributes of divinity' is the carnal mind trying to sound spiritual with knowledge of the 'divine': Jesus was the Word of God made flesh.

He didn't inherit anything from God when made flesh: He was God come down from heaven to become flesh.

Jesus is the eternal life inheritance of God. He is the promised seed of God.

The only thing the Lord God of Israel inherited after living without sin unto death is a name above every name: Jesus.

Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
This mindset of fear and guilt from the unbelieving since the Garden is well explained here. I need to digest it further and add it to my personal writings...thank you for your input...and bless you from the true God for revealing it to me.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You and I are going to stand before Christ Jesus to give an account of each and idle, useless, inoperative words we have spoken/typed in word, thought and deed.
The very Christ, whom you show no respect and the Holy Spirit, is going to be your Judge.
J.
You may want to stand before Christ, not I! And possibly this will be first time for you because you do not know his true God, his Father, absent of his spirit, judging from your writings. I hope not, truly. You do believe in a pagan god of three members right?.

I on the other hand will not stand, I will bow in deep humility, love and joy, to acknowledge and reaffirm that I'm truly a child of God, of the Father, and Christ who is my Saviour and brother in arms in the SAME spirit and in immortality, as he is the same today in my heart.

I'm a citizen of the Kingdom today Johann, are you? You must answer this from the heart, spontaneously and with love and joy and thankfulness, and not just from the mind that might be imprisoning both your heart and mind today.

I believe you referred to 2 Corinthians 5:10..

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

I hope you get to even attend this event Johann. Only true believers are invited.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adding in more human reasoning even with much zeal and passion, is no match for using the reasoning of God per his word marks.
APAK, why do you write such things to me?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The other portal is housed with us,
What if I wrote these words in a post to you? "the other portal is housed with us"?

Why do we need to make the people having the conversation to be the topic of the converstion? If you have something to say about something I've written, I'm here reading your words. But remember, you've never met me, never had a conversation with me, we don't know each other. And the fact that I call something a Grand Romantic Gesture does not just mean I've arrived to that wording by human reasoning.

There is so much involved in this discussion, I hate to see it short-changed, and we'll not really know our Savior until we really discover Who He Is. He is YHWH, the Only Savior, come in flesh to save us.

And the Word became flesh, and dwelt with us. Immanuel, God with us. This is so simple, so direct, and yes, it took some time for the disciples to get this, and some have never gotten it. Peter declared it, You are the Christ, the Son of the Living God, And remember what that meant to a Jew when a Jew said that.

"You, a man, make yourself to be God!" They understood.

When we understand, something really wonderful happens!

Much love!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
APAK, why do you write such things to me?

Much love!
I really do not know your point. Did you understand was I said to you. I forget the post in its entirety at this point. There must had been a good reason why.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if I wrote these words in a post to you? "the other portal is housed with us"?

Why do we need to make the people having the conversation to be the topic of the converstion? If you have something to say about something I've written, I'm here reading your words. But remember, you've never met me, never had a conversation with me, we don't know each other. And the fact that I call something a Grand Romantic Gesture does not just mean I've arrived to that wording by human reasoning.

There is so much involved in this discussion, I hate to see it short-changed, and we'll not really know our Savior until we really discover Who He Is. He is YHWH, the Only Savior, come in flesh to save us.

And the Word became flesh, and dwelt with us. Immanuel, God with us. This is so simple, so direct, and yes, it took some time for the disciples to get this, and some have never gotten it. Peter declared it, You are the Christ, the Son of the Living God, And remember what that meant to a Jew when a Jew said that.

"You, a man, make yourself to be God!" They understood.

When we understand, something really wonderful happens!

Much love!
Again why are you being so cryptic here? What is going on with you then....???

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again why are you being so cryptic here?
Cryptic about what?

You posted about my "human reasoning". What did you have in mind? Where was I using "human reasoning"? I mean, if you do actually want to talk about me. I'll go along.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really do not know your point. Did you understand was I said to you. I forget the post in its entirety at this point. There must had been a good reason why.
You can easily review it . . . Anyway, I've already more directly posted . . .

Much love!

Fuddy

May 6, 2022
Blueridge Mts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wonder what God thinks about all this relentless squabbling...

It must be like watching kids argue over whether or not Timmy has a real egg in his hand, because it's hard boiled and already been peeled, hence is missing it's shell.

Of course it's an egg. One egg, three aspects of it; yolk, white, shell - but still one egg.

Drop it, already.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cryptic about what?

You posted about my "human reasoning". What did you have in mind? Where was I using "human reasoning"? I mean, if you do actually want to talk about me. I'll go along.

Much love!
Alright marks, what did I say that offended you, exactly?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alright marks, what did I say that offended you, exactly?
No, not offended. You changed the topic to unsupported conclusions about me and my methodology in coming to my conclusions. You called out "human reasoning", I'm guessing because of my characterization of a "grand romantic gesture". Am I correct about that?

So my question is, how exactly do you see me using "human reasoning" and not reasoning from the Scriptures? Is it because I used such a phrase? You also use phrases that fit your meaning, such as when you mentioned, "the other portal is housed with us", it's just an example of how we go about speaking is all.

I'd rather just focus on the Bible itself, and not your perceptions and opinions of me, like I said, we've never even met, so really, how helpful will they be to the discussion of Who Jesus is? But I thought since you seem one of the good guys to give you a forum to present how you see me engaging in human reasoning?

I actually believe that discussion will turn right back to the Bible. If you don't want to get specific, that's OK, no worries!

Much love!

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a "grand romantic gesture".

1 John 3:16 LITV
By this we have known the love of God, because that One laid down His life for us; and on behalf of the brothers we ought to lay down our lives.

Isaiah 59:16-17 LITV
16) And He saw that there was no man, and He was astonished that there was no intercessor. And His own arm saved for Him; and His righteousness sustained Him.
17) For He put on righteousness like armor, and a helmet of salvation on His head. And He put on robes of vengeance as clothing; and He put on zeal like a mantle.

Isaiah 45:21-22 LITV
21) Declare and bring near; yea, let them consult together. Who has revealed this of old; who has told it from then? Is it not I, Jehovah? And there is no God other than Me; a just God and a Savior; there is none except Me.
22) Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.

Joel 2:32 LITV
32) For it shall be, all who shall call on the name of Jehovah shall be saved. For salvation shall be in Mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, as Jehovah has said, and among the survivors whom Jehovah shall call.

Acts 4:10-12 LITV
10) let it be known to all of you, and to all the people of Israel, that in the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, in this name this one stands before you whole.
11) This One is the Stone counted worthless by you the builders, the One who has come to be into the Head of the Corner; Psa. 118:22
12) and there is salvation in no other One, for neither is there any other name under Heaven having been given among men by which we must be saved.

The Grandest Romantic Gesture of all!!

Our Creator Himself came into His Own creation, in His great love with which He loved us, to rescue us from sin and death, to restore us back to life with Him!

Jesus, the Lover of my soul!

Much love!