Forgiveness can only be for Past Sinning.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
So does everyone who believes in Jesus have to be worried every day going forward that a sin may not be forgiven in the future?

Walk a tight rope each day don't slip up.
Salvation through faith in the finished work of Christ at the Cross does not mean: saved today then lost tomorrow, then saved again on Saturday then lost once more on Sunday, etc...........

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation through faith in the finished work of Christ at the Cross does not mean: saved today then lost tomorrow, then saved again on Saturday then lost once more on Sunday, etc...........
Bounced like ping pong ball isn't logical

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I must humble myself and confess my sin from the heart to repent, and be forgiven and saved from sinning.

God's forgiveness for the world, was accomplished 2000 yrs ago.
Once it is applied to you, then all sin has been redeemed by Christ who "became sin".
So, to confess what Christ has died to forgive already, is to not understand the Cross or the Blood Atonement or the Grace of God.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
While we are with Jesus, we are wholly sanctified in Him, doing the righteousness of the law by spiritual purity within, and outward cleansing of the flesh according to the law.

If a person is trying to keep the law, then they are a slave to the dominion of the law, as "The LAW is the power of sin".

A Believer, a Real Christian, understands that "Christ has REDEEMED US from the CURSE OF THE LAW".

No Christian who understands The Gospel, will be found chasing "the curse of the law".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
OFAF proselytes are forbidden to confess sinning with godly sorrow to repent and be forgiven. Which is result of teaching OFAF.

Whomever told you that believers who understand the Grace of God, and Jesus their Eternal Life, ... that they are forbidden to confess sin....
Whomever told you this, lied to you, and you should not repeat such a lie.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The word 'again' does not apply, since if we do sin against God, then none of our righteousness and forgiveness of the past is remembered.

Actually the Blood Atonement is ALL that God remembers, when He views the born again.
He sees no sin, He only sees the Born again, who has become "the righteousness of God, in Christ".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes, I am in that cult wholeheartedly. No man while sinning with the devil against God, is forgiven and being saved by Jesus Christ. If I sin in such a manner, then I must repent and confess with godly sorrow, like any other sinner in such manner.

Paul disagrees with you, and in Romans 4:8 says that God does not charge Sin against the born again.
So, if a person is confessing what God does not hold you accountable for, then you are playing a religious game with yourself.
All this deceived believer is doing is trying to relieve the Guilt.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The Christian sect I am in, is thankful for mercy of being forgiven by confession with godly sorrow. OFAF celebrates not being judged while sinning.

Being that Christ has "become Sin" regarding all believers's sin, they should praise God endlessly, for such a wonderful Salvation.

Reactions: friend of

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
OFAF teaches being preforgiven of all sinning, especially while doing so. It also teaches a God with respect of persons, who does not acquit the wicked, unless that wicked one is naming the name of Jesus.

If a person is Born again, then ALL their sin has been forgiven.
This is the "finished work of Christ on the Cross", and that is why He said..."it is FINISHED".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Exactly, which is why OFAF is taught, in order to avoid the Scripture of needing confession to repent, in order to be forgiven and saved.

Christians are forgiven once they give God their Faith in Christ.
The FORGIVEN Christian has received "The Gift of RIGHTEOUSNESS".
And having this, is who they have become......as the Born Again Spirit.
Christians, never have to be "Re-forgiven", or "re-saved", as Christ died once, and forgiveness is given once, and its eternal.
To be born again, is to exist aways and forever in God's Forgiveness.

Eternal Life is not part time.
And being forgiven, is not occasionally, or needing confession.
Jesus's sacrifice is a "one time eternal sacrifice for sin"... all of it.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If you are an unbeliever, then you should immediately do what that verse is telling you to do.

If you are a real Christian, then read 1 John 3:9, as that is written to the BORN AGAIN, and it teaches that there is no sin "can't sin".
And that is because the Born Again Spirit, is not under the law, and exists, as "one with God" "in Christ"..
This is the REAL Christian....the born again Spirit........not the body or the mind.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
+ Later may be too late. Only now is the time to confess and be forgiven of sinning.

I can't speak for you, but i can speak for myself, and for those who understand the Cross of Christ.
We are forgiven 2000 yrs ago, and now we the Born again exist as this...

""""as Jesus IS......so are the born again.....>IN THIS WORLD".

And you wont find any sin in that redemption and Sonship status.
Believe it.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
True, not trusting in Christ alone to forgive sins by confession from the heart, is not trusting Christ at all.

You misquoted me to suit your interesting theology.
Should you report yourself to a Mod, Robert?

Now....What i said is that if a person is not trusting in Christ alone to get them into heaven, then they are not trusting in Christ at all.

Real trust in Christ, does not believe that salvation can be lost, as real trust in Christ BELIEVES = that CHRIST ALONE is : our Eternal Salvation and our Eternal Life and our Eternal Forgiveness.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reason alone says that no one can be forgiven for something not done, nor is being done at present. No harm, no foul.

The only things we can be forgiven of rightly, is what was done by us to God and/or man.

Scripture teaches such common sense, that only a sin committed against God or man, needs and can be forgiven, by God or man.

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God. (Rom 3:25)

1. Remission is forgiveness of sins that are past, which is only past sinning: sin that has been committed in the past, whether a moment ago or anytime before.

The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet. (Nahum 1:3)

2. This Scripture applies to present sinning, Which is by them who are doing evil and are presently wicked in sight of God. God does not at all acquit, forgive, remit the guilty while sinning against Himself.

A moment ago, yes, but not while doing so.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1)

The Scripture says two things: if we are now confessing our sins (homologomen), then He will forgive our sinning.

The confession is present time only, not future, and so forgiveness can only be for the present, not the future.

For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

3. Confession is godly sorrow to repent, and so forgiveness is only for sins being confessed from the heart to repent of.

This excludes any present sinning still going on with the devil at any time.

Not a moment ago, nor any time before, and certainly not yet committed in future.

Only past sinning can be forgiven by God, which is only when the sinning is being confessed with godly sorrow to repent thereof.

No wicked person while sinning with the devil, can possibly be acquitted and forgiven by Jesus Christ.
A person can commit a sin in word, thought or deed. I would venture to say there are many who have thought evil thoughts towards someone without repenting of them.
The Holy Spirit has brought past thoughts to my remembrance that I needed to repent of...
So sin, whenever it is committed, needs to be repented of and ask forgiveness for. It's a daily walk we walk....and daily the opportunity to sin comes before us...I have to repent daily of the evil thoughts I have towards a drivers on the highway....if only I could find a way not to have to get on that highway everyday...:Oh no: (deleting all my evil thoughts, amen!):Broadly:

Reactions: friend of

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have confirmed this thread, as well as another thread on OFAF Rosary, and another thread on why OFAF is taught. Thanks much.

I agree, only the unsaved sinner is in need of confession made unto repentance and salvation, which is the same for any man that is sinning with the devil.

OFAF proselytes are forbidden to confess sinning with godly sorrow to repent and be forgiven. Which is result of teaching OFAF.

The righteous need not confess any sinning, since they are not doing so, nor has tomorrow come for them to do so.

The only righteousness of someone sinning for the devil, exists in their own mind. 'Exist' is carnal speak for some spiritual 'existence' apart from the deeds of the body on earth.

I do not believe OFAF, nor OSAS: If I sin against God in spirit or in flesh, I must humble myself and confess my sin from the heart to repent, and be forgiven and saved from sinning.

The word 'again' does not apply, since if we do sin against God, then none of our righteousness and forgiveness of the past is remembered. To God, it's always now receiving one from the dead, which is the same for all sinners now confessing to Jesus:

For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

Yes, I am in that cult wholeheartedly. No man while sinning with the devil against God, is forgiven and being saved by Jesus Christ. If I sin in such a manner, then I must repent and confess with godly sorrow, like any other sinner in such manner.

Neither my God nor I am a respecter of persons.

True again. Though I am now being saved and not sinning, if I do sin against Jesus, whether in spirit or in flesh, then I must confess that sin with godly sorrow unto Him, So that God will forgive and save me from my past sinning.

Only then is any forgiven soul free to go on and sin nor more with a clear conscience and thankfulness for mercy.

The Christian sect I am in, is thankful for mercy of being forgiven by confession with godly sorrow. OFAF celebrates not being judged while sinning.

[

Because no son of God is sinning while born of God, even as the Son was not on earth.

It is impossible to be both a son of God and a child of the devil at the same time.

He that is sinning is of the devil...Whosoever is born of God is not committing sin; for his seed remains in him: and he cannot be sinning, because he is born of God. (1 John 3)

OFAF teaches being preforgiven of all sinning, especially while doing so. It also teaches a God with respect of persons, who does not acquit the wicked, unless that wicked one is naming the name of Jesus.

True. Thank you for confirming the point of the thread. With OFAF, confession of sinning is become a Rosary prayer only with the lips, and has no godly sorrow with it.

In fact, to confess any sinning for forgiveness is denounced as heresy.

Only sinner sinners are allowed to confess sinning to Jesus with godly sorrow, not OFAF sinning sinners.

Exactly, which is why OFAF is taught, in order to avoid the Scripture of needing confession to repent, in order to be forgiven and saved.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John is speaking of himself in the present tense. Not of having done so once for all before.

Man is saved only by forgiveness, which is by confession, which is of any sinning done on earth at any time.

+ Later may be too late. Only now is the time to confess and be forgiven of sinning.

And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

True. We must do our part to be forgiven and saved by Jesus: Repent, believe the gospel, and confess any sinning with godly sorrow from the heart to be forgiven and saved.

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

We don't do our part to keep ourselves in Christ, we will have no part in the resurrection of His body:

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Those who teach letters of Scripture mean nothing to them, but what their own faith in their own minds, then they of course have no trust in Scripture to believe and keep it.

True, not trusting in Christ alone to forgive sins by confession from the heart, is not trusting Christ at all.

Neither we ourselves, nor Buddha, nor Allah, nor Moses can forgive sins.

OFAF preaches trusting in one's own dead faith alone, to be forgiven of sinning with the devil against God, while naming the name of Christ.
If you sin how long does it take for you to confess it?

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A person can commit a sin in word, thought or deed. I would venture to say there are many who have thought evil thoughts towards someone without repenting of them.
The Holy Spirit has brought past thoughts to my remembrance that I needed to repent of...
So sin, whenever it is committed, needs to be repented of and ask forgiveness for. It's a daily walk we walk....and daily the opportunity to sin comes before us...I have to repent daily of the evil thoughts I have towards a drivers on the highway....if only I could find a way not to have to get on that highway everyday...:Oh no: (deleting all my evil thoughts, amen!):Broadly:
That's what the volume on the radio is for, traffic and the volume goes up lol...

Reactions: Heart2Soul