Forgiveness can only be for Past Sinning.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
If I believe my future sins are already forgiven, there isn't much incentive for me to stop sinning, is there?

Reader..

Its trying to stop sinning by willpower that is the issue that creates the problem, in a Christians life.
You CANT.
Paul had this issue, , before he understood God's Grace. = "that which i dont want to do, i DO".

See that? That is the typical 40 yr saved christian you find today, still a babe in Christ, described in Hebrews 6:1, endlessly stuck in the flesh, trying to resist sin.

And as Paul kept teaching in Philippians right into 1 Corinthians 15:57 , as he was really bringing the reader to the place of understanding deliverance........and the end of his Testimony, was that he stopped trying to use his willpower and self effort (FLESH) to be good, and learned that God will deliver you from all that.....but you have to get your understanding of 2 things as your "renewed mind" ., as Paul teaches, and when you get your faith right, you will exist here..."Christ ALWAYS gives us the VICTORY"......over the flesh, the world, and the devil.

Here are the 2 that you MUST understand and they become your understanding of being a Son/Daughter of God, to exist in victory.

1.) Who you have become......as a NEW CREATION in CHRIST......and that is not your body or your mind or your Logic or your Reasoning ability., as those are the carnal mind.

2.) You have to exist, in your understanding, regarding God's eternal perspective of who you have become, as "the righteousness of God, in Christ", instead of thinking of yourself as a saved sinner, or similar.

Becoming those 2 as your "renewed mind", is to "establish your heart with Grace".
Hebrews 13:9 and if you dont, you will be tricked and deceived by the devil's deceived who teach deception.

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reader..

Its trying to stop sinning by willpower that is the issue that creates the problem, in a Christians life.
You CANT.
Paul had this issue, , before he understood God's Grace. = "that which i dont want to do, i DO".

See that? That is the typical 40 yr saved christian you find today, still a babe in Christ, described in Hebrews 6:1, endlessly stuck in the flesh, trying to resist sin.

And as Paul kept teaching in Philippians right into 1 Corinthians 15:57 , as he was really bringing the reader to the place of understanding deliverance........and the end of his Testimony, was that he stopped trying to use his willpower and self effort (FLESH) to be good, and learned that God will deliver you from all that.....but you have to get your understanding of 2 things as your "renewed mind" ., as Paul teaches, and when you get your faith right, you will exist here..."Christ ALWAYS gives us the VICTORY"......over the flesh, the world, and the devil.

Here are the 2 that you MUST understand and they become your understanding of being a Son/Daughter of God, to exist in victory.

1.) Who you have become......as a NEW CREATION in CHRIST......and that is not your body or your mind or your Logic or your Reasoning ability., as those are the carnal mind.

2.) You have to exist, in your understanding, regarding God's eternal perspective of who you have become, as "the righteousness of God, in Christ", instead of thinking of yourself as a saved sinner, or similar.

Becoming those 2 as your "renewed mind", is to "establish your heart with Grace".
Hebrews 13:9 and if you dont, you will be tricked and deceived by the devil's deceived who teach deception.
If you don't make an effort to stop sinning, I don't think you are going to stop sinning.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are MANY in these forums that trust in their OWN SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS rather than trust God to stand and take up our battles. In other words they are useless to the kingdom of God!!!!!

They do NOTHING except try to shipwreck anothers testimony and faith. We SHOULD OBEY THE WORD, SHAKE THEIR DUST OFF OUR FEET AND REFUSE TO ENGAGE !

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Responding to the title.

If that's the case sir then Jesus did not pay a price of infinite worth.

But we know He did.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If I believe my future sins are already forgiven, there isn't much incentive for me to stop sinning, is there?

Bad take. A born again believer would have an inborn desire to please God and obey Him.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF one could only be forgiven for past sins , THEN why did james
say IF anyone does err from the truth and then one converts HIM back He has saved a soul from death .
The key is when one errs confess and repent and do so asap and if we see error in others , CORRECT IT ASAP . KEEP the orignal pattern
that both CHRIST and those apostels DELIVERED UNTO US and change not ONE WORD OF IT .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF one could only be forgiven for past sins , THEN why did james
say IF anyone does err from the truth and then one converts HIM back He has saved a soul from death .
The key is when one errs confess and repent and do so asap and if we see error in others , CORRECT IT ASAP . KEEP the orignal pattern
that both CHRIST and those apostels DELIVERED UNTO US and change not ONE WORD OF IT .

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God.

Scripture says plainly that sins that are past, are forgiven.

Once we are converted and forgiven by godly sorrow in Christ, that sin is now in the past.

So soon as any man confesses having sinned, in a moment and twinkling of the eye, Jesus forgives us of that sin that is now past, and forgotten.

The truth is that future sinning is possible, but the lie is that such future sinning is already forgiven, so that no confession with godly sorrow is necessary to be forgiven.

Which contradicts Scripture:

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reader..

You CANT.

So, you're not sinning anymore?

You've stopped trying in your own power, and now are simply not sinning by grace?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, the word is simple on the salvation issue.
Matthew10:30-33
But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. ( this is how greatly he love us, sinners and saints )
Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value thany many sparrows.
( God knows & sees all his creation even the sparrow that falls to the ground. How much more he sees each of us).
WHOSOEVER; [ murder,theif,liar,adulterer,
pedophile, homosexual, mentally ill,bully,victim,good,]

therefore shall CONFESS me [ Jesus,the Son of God ; only way] before men,him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
But WHOSOEVER, [murderer, liar,theif, adulterer,pedophile,homosexual, mentally ill,bully,victim good ]
shall DENY me before men,him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Please note, we can do nothing of ourselves from the vilest to even good ppl. We must have a profession of repentance from ALL OF OUR PAST SINS, then will Jesus & our Father recognize us.

How do we repent ?
Romans 10:7-10 ( cxt)
V.9. That IF thou shalt CONFESS with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt BELIEVE in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10. For with the heart man BELIEVETH unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto SALVATION.

How do we repent ?
2 Corinthians 7:8-11 ( cxt )
V.10. For godly SORROW worketh
repentance to SALVATION.....................
2Peter1:19-21 ( cxt )
We have a MORE SURE WORD OF PROPHECY; whereunto ye do well to take heed, as unto a light ( JESUS ) that shineth in a dark place, ( HEARTS OF PPL ) until the day dawn,and the day star arise in your hearts:
Knowing this first,that no prophecy of the SCRIPTURE IS OF ANY PRIVATE INTERPERTATION.
For the prophecy came not in old times BY THE WILL OF MAN: BUT HOLY MEN OF GOD SPAKE AS THEY WERE MOVED BY THE HOLY GHOST.

Romans 10: 12-15
For their is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: ( God is not a respecter of persons) for the SAME Lord over all is rich unto ALL THAT CALL UPON HIM.
For WHOSOEVER shall CALL upon the name of the Lord SHALL BE SAVED.

Luke11:26-29 ( cxt )
V.28. But he said,Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the WORD of GOD, AND KEEP IT.

Hearing or reading the Word of God the Spirit will convict any of their past sins. A person then has to accept that conviction and repent with a godly sorrow, seeing ourselves as he sees us. WE CRY OUT TO GOD FOR FORGIVENESS!
The ONLY way we can reach God's ears are by his Son Jesus,who gave himself to suffer and die, be buried and rise again to ascend to heaven to be with his Father.
We then can be forgiven,washed,renewed and begin our walk with God.

It is by studying the Word and believing and applying the commands of Jesus, for he is our covenant of GRACE, that we walk with the God of our creation,in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

If we should be overcome with the temptation to sin, for the devil as a roaring lion goes about to tempt,deceive,destroy and sift all that belong to God, we have an advocate ( speaker or lawyer for ourselves) in Jesus. He makes our case and brings us pardon or forgiveness each & every time we as believers sin, repent & confess to him for the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

Until we are glorified we must guard where we stand in God until THE VERY END OF OUR LIVES !

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Forgiveness can only be for Past Sinning.
Love holds no record of wrongs!
Why plaster ones own
dysfunctional desire (tit for tat) onto God? Why turn God into a petty demagogue? Why insist on making God into our image when Jesus has revealed the heart of God?