Forgiveness is to those who keep the commandments of the Lord.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then show me where I said it. I asked you once and you refused so, again, show me where I said the following, or show yourself as someone who has to be untruthful, and makes things up about others in order to win his argument. I bolded it this time to make it easy on you.
There you go, making things up again, where did I say we earn our salvation, and nothing more?

We do both faith and works for salvation.

there I left it in back and white and bolted it for you

I did not make up anything, and this is the third time I have posted it,

your the one in denial. If you believe we must have works to be saved own it, stop blame shifting, otherwise you prove you just wish to argue and have no character

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you need to do good in order to get to heaven?
You can’t do enough good to get to heaven

you need to enter through Christ, be born again, only then can you even possibly do any good deed,

ypur trying to get in through the back door like the Pharisees did

they failed, because they did not realize how sinful they were and how all the good works they did amounted to nothing in the grand scheme of salvation, you will also,

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So we have a contradiction

Paul said we are saved by grace through faith not works. And we who are saved do the works god created for us

John did not contradict him, he said we are saved because we believe, that the unbeliever is condemned because he has not believed.

paul made it clear. It is grace or works, it can never be both

you posting some passage that said we who had true saving faith empowering us to do good does not counter those arguments

My "posting some passage"?

What about you "posting some passage"?

Jesus "made it clear", do good go to heaven, do evil and do not.

A simple question, do we have to do good in order to get to heaven?

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there I left it in back and white and bolted it for you

I did not make up anything, and this is the third time I have posted it,

your the one in denial. If you believe we must have works to be saved own it, stop blame shifting, otherwise you prove you just wish to argue and have no character

If you didn't make it up, you can show me where I said it, but after 3 or more times trying, you still cannot/will not...Dead proof you made it up.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its not easy.

If it was so easy then most people would accept it. But thats not what happens. Most worlds religion say salvation is based on works.. Thats the easy way. Its not faith alone. Because true living faith and true total humility is hard. Its against human nature.
That salvation is by grace through faith and not by works (Ephesians 2:8,9) is not hard to understand. It's just hard for works-salvationists to ACCEPT. It's a shame that human pride will not allow works-salvationists to place their faith (belief, trust, reliance) in Jesus Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of their salvation. Their hands are full of their works and they will not let go in order to receive Christ through faith.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My "posting some passage"?

What about you "posting some passage"?

Jesus "made it clear", do good go to heaven, do evil and do not.

A simple question, do we have to do good in order to get to heaven?
Then Jesus contradicted Paul

then again Jesus did Not say do good then you go to heaven. He said those who go to heaven are those who do good. In this he did not contradict Paul.

but if you want grace to Be earned by works. Feel free to try to earn it. Don’t let me stop you

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you disagree with Christ, who said those who do good will go to heaven.
Nope I agree with him. Those who are saved by grace through faith no works do good

they were not saved by works though. That would make them be saved by works not grace

we already establish it can only be one or the other not both

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you need to do good in order to get to heaven?

Nope. You need to Believe the Gospel.....do simply that and God will put His Holy Spirit in you....that Spirit, given time , will RESULT in you “ doing good” ....it comes natural . The “ doing good” never saved you.....it was all about getting that “ Spirit” , without which .....you are NONE of His.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you disagree with Christ, who said those who do good will go to heaven.

A Believer has done all the “ good” that he need do by simply Believing.....kinda like the Thief on the Cross.....Believers “ do good” by becoming Believers.....Unbelievers “ do bad” by NOT Believing...

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then Jesus contradicted Paul

then again Jesus did Not say do good then you go to heaven. He said those who go to heaven are those who do good. In this he did not contradict Paul.

but if you want grace to Be earned by works. Feel free to try to earn it. Don’t let me stop you

If you feel you need do no works, then feel free not to take care of tbe poor, something Christ is ve3r specific about also in the scripture on the sheep and the goats.

Last edited:

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope I agree with him. Those who are saved by grace through faith no works do good

they were not saved by works though. That would make them be saved by works not grace

we already establish it can only be one or the other not both
A Believer has done all the “ good” that he need do by simply Believing.....kinda like the Thief on the Cross.....Believers “ do good” by becoming Believers.....Unbelievers “ do bad” by NOT Believing...

Answer the question or not.

God had ths good grace to allow salvation in spite of ourselves, now prove to him you are serios about it and either be obedient and do good, or don't.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Except that is not what Christ said in the scripture....you are making things up again. Show me where in that scripture he says that?

You keep mk3ing things up, especially when it comes to what Christ said, I will keep calling you on it.

Wow

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. You need to Believe the Gospel.....do simply that and God will put His Holy Spirit in you....that Spirit, given time , will RESULT in you “ doing good” ....it comes natural . The “ doing good” never saved you.....it was all about getting that “ Spirit” , without which .....you are NONE of His.....

You have just disagreed whole heartedly to what Christ said in the scripture in question.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You made that up, and you are butchering the words of Christ. He clearly say in the scripture in question we must do good, and he did NOT say we have done "all the good we need to by believing". Please show me from the scripture in question where Christ said we have done all "the good we need to by believing", or be accused of lying about tne word of God. Do you all not understand how serious an infraction it is to lie about what the bible says???

Here it is again, and I hope onlookers can see you are flat out lying about scripture.

John 5:28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned."

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If y3k6u feel you need do no works, then feel free not to take care of tbe poor, something Christ is ve3r specific about also in the scripture on the sheep and the goats.
I never made any such statement,

I work out of gratitude and the power of God, not out of necessity,

the Pharisees works out of necessity, the church worked out of gratitude,

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are you talking about?

None of what you are saying is an anwer to my asking for proof, and everyone here can see that by now.
You asked where I saw you say you earned salvation

I showed it by you saying you are saved by faith plus works

if you have to work for it, you earn it

people see me, and they see you deny you said it when it is clear you did.

deny it all you want, it will not make it go away

oh and by the way, it is not just me who said it, the same person who said it is of grace it is not of works, said if we work for it, we are trying to earn it, as a reward not receive it as a gift

rom 4: 2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. 3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” 4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.

Your argument is not with me mynfriend

Reactions: mailmandan