Forgiveness is to those who keep the commandments of the Lord.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a Bible translation was full of errors (as you claim) it could not have stood the test of time for over 400 years.

Sure it could. The Koran has stood for a lot longer than just 400 years. It is filled with errors, is it not? Or are you assuming that the church alone is incapable of making any such errors?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you fell in love with someone you have a great burning desire to please them.
I think this is more like familial love, or brotherly affectionate love. I think Christian love is much different. I think it's not so much about feelings and desires, rather, values and choices.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please clarify why you would say that.
Your link.

"Most modern translations agree that this was an uninspired and erroneous addition to the Latin Vulgate used to support the unscriptural doctrine of the Trinity."

Or perhaps a Oneness doctrine? I guess it doesn't have to be that Jesus isn't deity.

Does that not represent your view?

Much love!

Reactions: GracePeace

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not interested in anti-KJV propaganda, especially since I have fully researched the matter. If a Bible translation was full of errors (as you claim) it could not have stood the test of time for over 400 years.

And I am not "pretending" to say anything. I have documentary EVIDENCE to prove that you are simply blowing hot air (possibly trolling).
Why are there so many men who love God's Word, who've studied the original languages, who actually have international ministries winning souls, who don't see this KJV-onlyist viewpoint? Why is it always a bunch of ignorant hillbillies defending KJV-Onlyism?

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your link.

"Most modern translations agree that this was an uninspired and erroneous addition to the Latin Vulgate used to support the unscriptural doctrine of the Trinity."

Or perhaps a Oneness doctrine? I guess it doesn't have to be that Jesus isn't deity.

Does that not represent your view?

Much love!
Wow, you know what, I was mistaken! I thought that the presentation was (oddly--I wasn't aware they even offered such things) a presentation made by Biblehub.com so I thought it was trustworthy. Thanks for pointing that out!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do some people feel the need to be insulting to others?

???
I have no problem with hillbillies, I'm saying that billbillies don't know much, so they have no place to speak on issues that require an education to speak on--and all the educated men of God who love God and are bearing fruit always take a stance against KJV-Onlyism.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure it could. The Koran has stood for a lot longer than just 400 years. It is filled with errors, is it not? Or are you assuming that the church alone is incapable of making any such errors?
Interestingly, I've heard the Quran was only standardized in the 1950s!

Reactions: Hidden In Him

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no problem with hillbillies, I'm saying that billbillies don't know much, so they have no place to speak on issues that require an education to speak on--and all the educated men of God who love God and are bearing fruit always take a stance against KJV-Onlyism.

I see.

So, what was it that clued you in to @Enoch111 that he is an ignoramus from Appalachia?

Much love!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a short list.
LOL Thanks
iji6pocwep1z.jpg

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see.

So, what was it that clued you in to @Enoch111 that he is an ignoramus from Appalachia?

Much love!
It's not about Enoch, the point is that in all my conversations, in all the debates, in all the presentations, it's always the case that men of God who are knowledgeable and who I can respect (even if I disagree with them on some or many points) take the stance against KJV-Onlyism, but fruits and nuts like "Pastor" Steven Anderson who take the stance for it--and I think Enoch should take note of that fact and get a clue.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not about Enoch, the point is that in all my conversations, in all the debates, in all the presentations, it's always the case that men of God who are knowledgeable and who I can respect (even if I disagree with them on some or many points) take the stance against KJV-Onlyism, but fruits and nuts like "Pastor" Steven Anderson who take the stance for it--and I think Enoch should take note of that fact and get a clue.
So then when you said that . . .

Why is it always a bunch of ignorant hillbillies defending KJV-Onlyism?

. . . you didn't actually mean that everyone who defends KJV onlyism is an ignorant hillbilly?

How very imprecise.

Much love!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then when you said that . . .

. . . you didn't actually mean that everyone who defends KJV onlyism is an ignorant hillbilly?

How very imprecise.

Much love!
Well, let's put it this way : I wouldn't be surprised if Enoch were an ignorant hillbilly. "Birds of a feather" LOL

That said, in contemporary English, "always" doesn't mean "in every case", it means "quite often"--and this is not a formal conversation, or a theological treatise, it's an informal conversation, so I feel free to use the vernacular.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's an error in the KJV (from the video)

Acts 12:4
And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.

The Greek says "pascha", and is translated as "Passover" in every other case, and refers to the specific Jewish festival, which takes place at a very specific time of the year, which many contemporary Christian "Easter" celebrations (eg, those of the Roman Catholics and Orthodox) intentionally break with.
Easter doesn't correspond with Passover in most cases.

This is just one error.

Last edited: