Forgiveness is to those who keep the commandments of the Lord.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, let's put it this way : I wouldn't be surprised if Enoch were an ignorant hillbilly. "Birds of a feather" LOL

That said, in contemporary English, "always" doesn't mean "in every case", it means "quite often"--and this is not a formal conversation, or a theological treatise, it's an informal conversation, so I feel free to use the vernacular.

Everybody always says that every time they are caught.

No, seriously, unless questioned, those words would stand, and imprecise usage aside, words have meanings. It's just the way language works.

If "always" means "often", then why do you need "often"? And how do you know when you mean "always"?

Much love!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It looks like this is just a part of your vocabulary.

:eek:

Much love!
If you knew "Pastor" Steven Anderson you'd agree he is a nut. He says homosexuals can't repent and be saved! He says you can murder people and still go to heaven because "once saved always saved"!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everybody always says that every time they are caught.

No, seriously, unless questioned, those words would stand, and imprecise usage aside, words have meanings. It's just the way language works.

If "always" means "often", then why do you need "often"? And how do you know when you mean "always"?

Much love!
So, you took issue with my use of English. Noted.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the "this"?
Just more disparaging words. But I'm kind of getting that it's not a concern to you.

I just don't see why people who self-identify as Christians need to talk that way. Fruits and nuts? Sure thing.

Much love!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just more disparaging words. But I'm kind of getting that it's not a concern to you.

I just don't see why people who self-identify as Christians need to talk that way. Fruits and nuts? Sure thing.

Much love!
If you knew "Pastor" Steven Anderson you'd agree he is a nut. He says homosexuals can't repent and be saved! He says you can murder people and still go to heaven because "once saved always saved"!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you knew "Pastor" Steven Anderson you'd agree he is a nut.
I don't think you really know what I would and wouldn't agree with. Already I've learned we have some different perspectives on some things.

And I don't agree with insulting others on a public Christian forum. Not the sort of display I want to make of myself, if you know what I mean!

Much love!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
Well, I can agree that I should be more loving, but the facts are still the facts.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think you really know what I would and wouldn't agree with.
Maybe because you haven't seen the faces he makes, or heard the tones he uses, you don't think he crazy, but you wouldn't say it's "crazy" to believe gays can't repent? 1 Corinthians 6 is explicit that gays have repented! Don't you think it's "crazy" to believe Christians can literally just go around committing murder and still go to heaven!?

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those aren't facts, they are opinions, freely shared . . .

It's not how we're to be.

Much love!
By "facts" I referred to the actual discussions taking place (in which those comments you objected to were made).

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
I believe it is grievous to God to insist that something is right when it is not right (because what is "right" is what God is pleased with--so it would be wrong to say God is pleased with something God hates), so I agree that we're supposed to aim higher than using disparaging terms, so next time I think it would be wrong if I didn't find a better way of speaking.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
Still, I haven't watched a presentation against KJV-Onlyism except by men of God who are fruitful and learned, and I haven't watched a presentation for KJV-Onlyism except by men who seem to be out of sorts. Maybe presentations that break with that pattern exist, but I haven't seen them.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe it is grievous to God to insist that something is right when it is not right (because what is "right" is what God is pleased with--so it would be wrong to say God is pleased with something God hates), so I agree that we're supposed to aim higher than using disparaging terms, so next time I think it would be wrong if I didn't find a better way of speaking.

You remind me some of myself when I first got here (i.e. from another forum). Educated, but with a pretty low tolerance for what I regarded to be unsound theological positions. I've grown some since then to the place where I kinda make light of things more now, and try not to take even matters that I regard to be very serious quite so seriously anymore. No sense losing my peace and getting insulting of others when it's just a small Christian forum anyway, with just a few hundred people reading at most.

It dawned on me this place isn't THAT big a deal, so I just roll with it more now. Nice reading the above post, however. I have to admit my wrongs as well. Hopefully my days of sticking a sword up somebody's guts and twisting it brutally are ending. If I have to say it, I try to say it with love and not get in a bad spirit...

Lord willing.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You remind me some of myself when I first got here (i.e. from another forum). Educated, but with a pretty low tolerance for what I regarded to be unsound theological positions. I've grown some since then to the place where I kinda make light of things more now, and try not to take even matters that I regard to be very serious quite so seriously anymore. No sense losing my peace and getting insulting of others when it's just a small Christian forum anyway, with just a few hundred people reading at most.

It dawned on me this place isn't THAT big a deal, so I just roll with it more now. Nice reading the above post, however. I have to admit my wrongs as well. Hopefully my days of sticking a sword up somebody's guts and twisting it brutally are ending. If I have to say it, I try to say it with love and not get in a bad spirit...

Lord willing.
I'm tolerant of people holding to contrary views, but not after I've had conversations with people, shown them Scripture, or other facts, and they still (pretend I haven't answered them) refuse to recognize reality--I don't tolerate recalcitrance. If they are willing to engage in conversation, and I do not detect intellectual dishonesty, I will continue discussion, but when I detect the dishonesty, I'm not wasting my energy. Nope. I just put them on ignore.

But yeah I do need to be more loving--not just in my discussions here but in general.

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm tolerant of other views, but not after I've had conversations with people, shown them Scripture, or other facts, and they still refuse to recognize reality. I don't tolerate recalcitrance.

:)

That's your next hurdle. I was the exact same way. They will use a BUNCH of tactics on you, including refusing to answer a direct line of questioning and changing the subject instead, repeating the same arguments over again as if they didn't read your posts, ignoring your post altogether while readily responding to someone else, using straw man tactics, using debate tricks...

It gets irritating. But I've had to grow accustomed to it because it is part of forum life. Count it all as part of the maturation process. As James said, "Count it all joy when you happen upon various trials, knowing that the proving of your faith builds endurance. But let endurance have its perfect work..."

It's fun. :) Like a walk in the park... surrounded by wolves foaming at the mouth and stricken with rabies, LoL. But eventually you just kinda get used to it. ;)

Reactions: GracePeace

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:)

That's your next hurdle. I was the exact same way. They will use a BUNCH of tactics on you, including refusing to answer a direct line of questioning and changing the subject instead, repeating the same arguments over again as if they didn't read your posts, ignoring your post altogether while readily responding to someone else, using straw man tactics, using debate tricks...

It gets irritating. But I've had to grow accustomed to it because it is part of forum life. Count it all as part of the maturation process. As James said, "Count it all joy when you happen upon various trials, knowing that the proving of your faith builds endurance. But let endurance have its perfect work..."

It's fun. :) Like a walk in the park... surrounded by wolves foaming at the mouth and stricken with rabies, LoL. But eventually you just kinda get used to it. ;)
I really thought I had gotten used to it, because I've been on another discussion forum, but there came a point at which I just started putting people on "Block" or "Ignore" lists, because I am just not going to waste my time. I am there to share information with honest people, not with dishonest people.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm guessing he probably does, Just By Faith. His posts since joining have been well backed up by scripture, and he doesn't seem at all like he's simply "blowing hot air," despite Enoch's rather curt accusation. I could say the same thing to you. The KJV is a mess in certain places, but it's really a tired and long-winded discussion, which is why I doubt if he's any more interested in getting into it with you than I would be. Doesn't seem like a good expenditure of time.

Only when the KJV text strays wildly from the original text in question do I think it's even worth discussing.

God bless,
- H

Yes; and because it is a long-winded discussion, I preferred at this time not to get into it. I have my point of view and it is not going to change easily.

I started with the kjv and when someone suggested to me that I try a different translation, I did; and my walk with Christ went downhill from there: until I returned to the kjv; at which time things started looking up again. This is a simple testimony.

That's a misuse of the verse.

I don't think so. My faith in the superiority of the kjv is based on my testimony that I have related above; so there is a substance to my faith.

I have no problem with hillbillies, I'm saying that billbillies don't know much, so they have no place to speak on issues that require an education to speak on--and all the educated men of God who love God and are bearing fruit always take a stance against KJV-Onlyism.

The "educated" scribes and Pharisees rejected Jesus (John 7:48-49); while the common people gladly received Him (Mark 12:37).

I would rather be a hillbilly who believes in Jesus than an educated Greek and Hebrew scholar who doesn't.

Here's an error in the KJV (from the video)

Acts 12:4
And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.

The Greek says "pascha", and is translated as "Passover" in every other case, and refers to the specific Jewish festival, which takes place at a very specific time of the year, which many contemporary Christian "Easter" celebrations (eg, those of the Roman Catholics and Orthodox) intentionally break with.
Easter doesn't correspond with Passover in most cases.

This is just one error.

The word "pascha" in the modern Greek language, is the term that modern Greeks use to describe the modern day holiday of Easter.

So, it is not a mistranslation.

And I have also contended at CARM as concerning the kjv-only controversy and have found that this is really the only thing in all of the kjv that they even bring up any more as being any kind of substantial error. Nevertheless, it is answered.

I was actually kicked off of those boards because I was winning the argument for the kjv-only side of the debate; and for no other reason.

But if you now have me on Ignore, at least I have reached the rest of my audience with this information. However it is unfortunate that we cannot continue with a reasonable discussion.

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think this is more like familial love, or brotherly affectionate love. I think Christian love is much different. I think it's not so much about feelings and desires, rather, values and choices.

Much love!
Have you ever read in the Bible? It’s not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person but what comes out of it. For the things of your is what comes forward. I used the comparison to show how one loves the Lord. You’ll talk about the one you love. If you love the world you’ll talk of the things of the world. If you love the love you’ll speak of him. That’s all I meant by the comparison.