Forgiveness is to those who keep the commandments of the Lord.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which commandments? The Ten or others must you keep? That is the question.
Precious friend, Under God's Amazing GRACE, He Has Made it Quite Simple:

(1) believe, 100% trust, place Total faith, In The LORD JESUS CHRIST, HIS
Death {Precious BLOOD}, Burial, And HIS Resurrection, According To The
Scriptures! (
1 Corinthians 15:3-4; cp Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 3-5 KJB!)

Results: all sins Forgiven, Eternal Life, And, Peace With God!

(2) Fulfil ALL Of His Law, In "ONE Word: LOVE thy neighbor as thyself!"
(
Galatians 5:14; Romans 13:8-10 KJB!)

(3) "Study" HIS Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided, for "Approval!"
(
2 Timothy 2:15 KJB!)

Eternal Results: reward, ruling, and reigning With CHRIST!

Precious friend(s): Please Be Very Richly Blessed!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Continuing to produce fruit, isn’t it?

Well...yes but you could never produce fruit unless you trusted first. You could do some kindnesses for people just as unbelievers do and we SHOULD be be kind. Any fruit you try to produce in your own power is along the lines of filthy rags because our flesh mars it.. So you have to keep trusting God to make you pleasing to Him. So what we concentrate on is all the ways that seem so little in which we do an end run around trust. And when He shows them to us we struggle with the mistrust that caused us to think they were no big deal. There is no way to fruit producing except through radical trust. So He practices us in that for a long time. We learn the obedience of trust.

Reactions: GracePeace

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe because you haven't seen the faces he makes, or heard the tones he uses, you don't think he crazy, but you wouldn't say it's "crazy" to believe gays can't repent? 1 Corinthians 6 is explicit that gays have repented! Don't you think it's "crazy" to believe Christians can literally just go around committing murder and still go to heaven!?
Yeah , my advice is dont listen to that man at all . He is off my friend . I heard him say gays cant repent . Not true .
This is not true . I have seen some repent . If we truly come to Christ we become a new creature . We do repent .
we no longer love the evil things we once did . YES they can repent . to answer your question . This stephen andrew
has much hate in his heart . I could barely watch a video of his church . And yes as usual even a brock clock is right twice a day .
SO he can say some truths , but his heart has anger and hatred in it . I could see it very clear .

Reactions: GracePeace

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well...yes but you could never produce fruit unless you trusted first.

Trust is an emotion. The command is not emotion based but productivity based.

There really is no point to side step the fact that we have burden to act a certain way, not merely to feel a certain way to prove our faith, is there? Matthew 7:21.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friend, Under God's Amazing GRACE, He Has Made it Quite Simple:

(1) believe, 100% trust, place Total faith, In The LORD JESUS CHRIST, HIS
Death {Precious BLOOD}, Burial, And HIS Resurrection, According To The
Scriptures! (
1 Corinthians 15:3-4; cp Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 3-5 KJB!)

Results: all sins Forgiven, Eternal Life, And, Peace With God!

(2) Fulfil ALL Of His Law, In "ONE Word: LOVE thy neighbor as thyself!"
(
Galatians 5:14; Romans 13:8-10 KJB!)

(3) "Study" HIS Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided, for "Approval!"
(
2 Timothy 2:15 KJB!)

Eternal Results: reward, ruling, and reigning With CHRIST!

Precious friend(s): Please Be Very Richly Blessed!
Of course, the commandments are the specifics of the love of God (Romans 13:8-10, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6).

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well...yes but you could never produce fruit unless you trusted first. You could do some kindnesses for people just as unbelievers do and we SHOULD be be kind. Any fruit you try to produce in your own power is along the lines of filthy rags because our flesh mars it.. So you have to keep trusting God to make you pleasing to Him. So what we concentrate on is all the ways that seem so little in which we do an end run around trust. And when He shows them to us we struggle with the mistrust that caused us to think they were no big deal. There is no way to fruit producing except through radical trust. So He practices us in that for a long time. We learn the obedience of trust.
Yep , that used to be me too . I had rotten fruit , i supported sins and did often sin
and yet i still could do good works like helping the poor and so forth .
The key is , DO we have the SPIRIT . And if we do , the FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT is in all goodness , righteousness and truth
proving what is acceptable to GOD , not to the ever changing generation , but to GOD .
JESUS said it , YE shall know them by their fruits . And proverbs says the fruit of the wicked IS TO SIN .
SO what SPIRIT do we have , what SPIRIT DO we follow . For a tree is known by its fruits .
YE must be born again . And if we have the Spirit we would sound like those who did .
And they often warned NOT to SIN . TO not let it be once named . They said if a brother or sister is in sin
to not keep company , to have them sorrow to repentance .
SO how come today , many men and leaders of said churches , NO longer warn out against sin and instead just say
hey we all sinners all is fine . That dont sound a thing like JESUS or them apostels . I know , i know , most folks
think i am a hater . Cause i warn , cause i do seperate from brethren who sin and wont repent .
BUT lets look one more time at paul .
What did he tell the corinthains . FIRST he told them i am writing this too you , as a warning per say , so that
i wont have to use the rod . BUT he does say , And i shall bewail those who have sinned and have not repented of such .
I suggest we all get a heavy fat hours a day reading those bibles all over again under our belts .
THEN , perhaps i would not seem as such a hater or etc to so many . Learn them apostels well , learn JESUS WELL .

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There really is no point to side step the fact that we have burden to act a certain way, not merely to feel a certain way to prove our faith, is there? Matthew 7:21.

What, you mean like...we have a burden to worry about the outside of our cup?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I would not call trust (faith) an emotion.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont think of faith as an emotion. I think of it as an obedience we learn by the things we suffer.
No, no, no. You can't disagree. He just quoted a bunch of godless people whose profession suffers from twice the suicide rate as the general population. If ANYONE can speak authoritatively on Biblical issues, it's them! How DARE you answer back to the absolute Gospel of psychology by quoting the Bible?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, no, no. You can't disagree. He just quoted a bunch of godless people whose profession suffers from twice the suicide rate as the general population. If ANYONE can speak authoritatively on Biblical issues, it's them! How DARE you answer back to the absolute Gospel of psychology by quoting the Bible?

That trust is an emotion is clear enough. I referenced one source. Here is another, https://scholar.harvard.edu/files/dtingley/files/emotionmanipulationm11.pdf

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What verse is that?
Unsurprising you need to be told

John 3
36Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever disobeys the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

Romans 1
5through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith...

Galatians 5
7You were running well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth? 8This persuasion is not from him who calls you.