Freedom To Sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I thought to unignore you for a chance to see if you had changed your style, sadly, no.
LOL.... this has been my week of collecting the Catholics.... and placing them in forum purgatory.... Some people are just too difficult to follow... and I don't have much patience anymore.

Reactions: Brakelite and marks

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I just read the OP.... I cannot believe I did not see this..... OH my... What a wonderful topic....
Ok... wait.... this thread was started in April..... that might be why I did not see it... OH well... I see it now...

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not that you are blatantly committing aggregious sins like adultery and murder,
How do you know?

See, David, the thing of it is. I've continued to discuss doctrine and not persons with you, but as my doctrine refutes yours, you have embarked on an unending quest of assumption and accusation.

Until you get this sorted out, we can't really begin to have any sort of real discussion. You have this mental construct of me that has no basis in reality. You simply have no idea about me. You don't know whether I'm committing adultery, or shooting heroin, or whatever.

But that You are failing to grow in Holiness and godliness, and using doctrine as an excuse why you need not repent.
You truly have no idea, and as long as you persist in this you will be on ignore.

Much love!

Reactions: Brakelite

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL.... this has been my week of collecting the Catholics.... and placing them in forum purgatory.... Some people are just too difficult to follow... and I don't have much patience anymore.
I really do what to help others! And God has given me a lot of patience, only, sometimes there just IS no fruit!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Submitting to God is the most liberating thing a man can do.
With this I can wholeheartedly agree.

And, I would add, that true submission to God will be reflected in your actions and words.

Much love!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@marks.... I have spent a lot of time in quite prayer and worship these last few weeks... LOTS of beach with my beautiful red beach chair.

My heart seems to be telling me that the legalists do not want help... they like their rules and lists... and they refuse to BELIEVE that Salvation is a free gift.... Nothing can be done about that... they think we just want freedom to SIN... and no matter how many times we try and tell them... it just isn't that way... they come back with more accusations.

Some Christians do not believe that SALVATION is a one time thing.... a supernatural event... They do not believe we were actually PURCHASED... at GREAT COST by the BLOOD of CHRIST..... and that is the issue... the belief that salvation is an EVENT... that really occurs at the time of our conversion... They can say it... but they do not actually believe it is that simple.

This is not something that can be DEBATED with success.... in my opinion... and this is an opinion that I have just recently come to... because of my involvement in the OSAS threads.

I will ALWAYS DEFEND GRACE.... but I'm tired of fighting with the kill-joys... and harsh accusers. All I can seem to think with regards to legalists is that they are a NASTY BROOD of VIPERS... and they come in many different forms.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@marks.... I have spent a lot of time in quite prayer and worship these last few weeks... LOTS of beach with my beautiful red beach chair.

My heart seems to be telling me that the legalists do not want help... they like their rules and lists... and they refuse to BELIEVE that Salvation is a free gift.... Nothing can be done about that... they think we just want freedom to SIN... and no matter how many times we try and tell them... it just isn't that way... they come back with more accusations.

Some Christians do not believe that SALVATION is a one time thing.... a supernatural event... They do not believe we were actually PURCHASED... at GREAT COST by the BLOOD of CHRIST..... and that is the issue... the belief that salvation is an EVENT... that really occurs at the time of our conversion... They can say it... but they do not actually believe it is that simple.

This is not something that can be DEBATED with success.... in my opinion... and this is an opinion that I have just recently come to... because of my involvement in the OSAS threads.

I will ALWAYS DEFEND GRACE.... but I'm tired of fighting with the kill-joys... and harsh accusers. All I can seem to think with regards to legalists is that they are a NASTY BROOD of VIPERS... and they come in many different forms.
@Addy

"All of grace, yes, grace surpassing,
Such a portion to bestow,
But the love, all knowledge passing,
Grace has taught us now to know.

Love that bore the stripes and sorrow,
Love that suffered on the Tree,
Love that shares the bright tomorrow,
With the loved ones, you and me."

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"All of grace, yes, grace surpassing,
Such a portion to bestow,
But the love, all knowledge passing,
Grace has taught us now to know.

Love that bore the stripes and sorrow,
Love that suffered on the Tree,
Love that shares the bright tomorrow,
With the loved ones, you and me."
It's impossible to meditate on this and WANT to sin.... and that is where my heart lives... in the SHELTER of the ALMIGHTY... the ONE that promises to finish within me what HE has begun... which is a GOOD WORK.... NOT what I need to ADD.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It's impossible to meditate on this and WANT to sin.... and that is where my heart lives... in the SHELTER of the ALMIGHTY... the ONE that promises to finish within me what HE has begun... which is a GOOD WORK.... NOT what I need to ADD.
@Addy What you say reminds me of Psalm 110.3: "Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth."

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we have all sorts here from the sincerely misguided to "spiritual narcissists", those who have such a distorted view of themselves the only way they can feel relevant or powerful is to climb up on the backs of others.

I try not to judge, though sometimes I think God gives discernment. If I think someone is sincere, or just mentally ill, I can continue to show Scripture and try to provide clarity. But those who are only here to do harm, those simply need to be revealed, I think. Or in Paul's words, "Whose mouths must be stopped."

In any case, even those who would think to add to your affliction can provide the opening for real teaching. All as the Spirit leads!

Much love!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What you say reminds me of Psalm 110.3: "Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth."

There is something indescribable about simply approaching ALMIGHTY GOD with AWE and REVERENCE in proper form... with a pure heart overflowing with LOVE..... When I go to the lake... and I see all HIS MAJESTIC work on display for my eyes to see... I simply melt... sometimes I don't even have the words... and I will weep with JOY.... This is a regular thing for me these last months... MY soul has woken up... from a very long coma... after decades of suffering with severe depression.... and HE has turned my mourning into JOY.... It is overflowing to the point where I simply cannot UNDERSTAND.... NONE of it is me... because of me... or because of anything I have done... HE has chosen to LAVISH me with HIS LOVE... I am that bruised reed that HE would not break... and OH the JOY that floods my soul.... I was blind.. but now I see... I was lost... and drowning in despair... and HE RESCUED me....

I have NO remembrance of suffering... NONE. I know this is a season... and that suffering will find me again soon enough... but for now... I am basking in this...

It breaks my heart that legalism robs the soul from FEELING the FREEDOM and BEAUTY of security of SALVATION.

Reactions: farouk and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
from a very long coma... after decades of suffering with severe depression.... and HE has turned my mourning into JOY.... It is overflowing to the point where I simply cannot UNDERSTAND.... NONE of it is me... because of me... or because of anything I have done... HE has chosen to LAVISH me with HIS LOVE... I am that bruised reed that HE would not break... and OH the JOY that floods my soul.... I was blind.. but now I see... I was lost... and drowning in despair... and HE RESCUED me....
Once you know His love, it will carry you through every affliction!

I'm so happy to hear this report!!!

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know?

See, David, the thing of it is. I've continued to discuss doctrine and not persons with you, but as my doctrine refutes yours, you have embarked on an unending quest of assumption and accusation.

Until you get this sorted out, we can't really begin to have any sort of real discussion. You have this mental construct of me that has no basis in reality. You simply have no idea about me. You don't know whether I'm committing adultery, or shooting heroin, or whatever.

I Know you by what you have written here. I Know your theology inside and out, I know what the implications of this theology are in that it denies repentance, I know how this side of the theological fence excludes all who do not agree with this theology (textual fundamentalism( and I Know how this side of the theological argument is largely devoid of the teaching of the Spirit and full of the wisdom of men, and I Know that I rightly see you in that category along with all those who would ally themselves with you, whether that is @Behold, or @Addy who I know more about than she thinks I do from a previous forum.

All of the textual fundamentalists are very similar in this regard, they all want to be teachers but none of them are taught by the Holy Ghost. It is their way or the highway, and that goes to the exclusion of any who teach conditional security, (Large segments of classic methodism) and who teach Holiness (Labeling it as legalism as some here are doing now) any who teach the sovereignty of God and election, (Thus negating large segments of Reformed believers)..... Yes there are errors in all these teachings just as there are errors in your textual fundamentalism which I have been pointing out to you, and it is not until we all can admit that we all know in part that we can begin to have fellowship together and come together in the Unity of the Spirit and arrive at the Truth, the fulness of Christ. It is not until you and all the sects that make up Christianity can come to see that they are in need of More of Jesus and more of the truth that the fulness of Christ can come, Your particular brand of theology hinders that and i would say the same to the Methodist and the Calvinist and the charismatic and even the catholic who is "millitant" in their beliefs. It is thois millitancy and exclusivity built in the pride of man that quenches the Spirit from having the church be of "one accord" and thereby experiencing the Power of faith she was meant to display in the world as a city on a hill and a light to the world. The church as a whole is anything but that and is just another worldly institution fighting for earthly supremacy.

It is not until you can admit that you, and we all know in part that we can learn from one another the part of the truth we each are given. But when groups of bullies ally together on forums the way that some textual fundamentalists do this will never come to be and you yourself will be missing out on the fulness of Christ.... Of course you will deny this with your doctrine, but the only one you are deceiving is yourself.

Your previous response and illustrates this Naivety in your doctrine and its inability to accept repentance as a doctrine of Holiness, for your doctrine and theology denies the individual of any responsibility to strive for Holiness, and the surrender to the sanctifying work of the Holy Ghost in us. Holiness is not legalism as @Addy claims here, it is not self righteousness on our part it is surrender on our part to the work of the Holy Ghost.... We ought to be praying for this sanctifying work to be done in us, not denying the fact that we need this sanctification as your theology states.

I Write what I write not because of an animosity towards you or any textual fundamentalist out there, I write what I write because of a love for you that comes from God. I Know it makes me out to be your enemy but at the least I am not afraid to say what needs to be said. I Can and have been just as forthright with Calvinists, Catholics and Methodists who are as militant in their teachings. In Fact, to this day I am still blocked by most of the Catholics commenting here, I have yet to run into any Calvinists here, but I have had many dealings with them as I live in the area dominated by the Reformed churches (headquartered here in my area) Most are strong Brothers and sisters in Christ some however are "cold hearted, and exclusivistic" and these are typically the militant ones among them.

For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity. (1 Corinthians 13:9-13)

You see how putting away "childish thinking" can lead to Agape (Charity)being perfected in us?

God Bless.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
and just to clarify... I have never... NOT once stated that HOLINESS is legalism.... this is something that gets thrown at me in these forums.... I live my life with REVERENCE to Almighty God.... but I understand who I am in CHRIST... FINALLY I understand.

Come to think of it.... I'm pretty sure I know who you are also... however the name is different.... It's been about a year since I left Worthy. Your words suddenly sound familiar to me.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and just to clarify... I have never... NOT once stated that HOLINESS is legalism.... this is something that gets thrown at me in these forums.... I live my life with REVERENCE to Almighty God.... but I understand who I am in CHRIST... FINALLY I understand.
Don't let him get to you.

I've been the subject of so very much mischaracterization by this fellow you wouldn't believe! Lies upon lies upon lies, things its perfectly obvious of which he has absolutely no idea.

But I've seen him do this routinely to others just the same. It's not us. It's him. Love, and pray, and ignore as needed.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Holiness is not legalism as @Addy claims here,
See . . . it's not just me you tell lies about.

I most strongly suggest you step back from forums, and consider your attitude and behavior towards others for a while before coming back.

Much love!

Status
Not open for further replies.