Freedom To Sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, so you are actively trying to cause division? So noted.
\

I Am preaching the Unity of the Spirit which comes from understanding that we know in part. Only then can God's love be perfected in us and through fellowship the fulness of Christ can begin to be grasped.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks ... It has just occurred to me that I am not sure what gender you are... which does not matter... but forgive me if I have referred to you incorrectly.
I'm a guy.

:)

But no worries, I'm not easily offended. I've had LOTS of practice!

;)

Much love!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
We are to rely on the finished work of Christ completely (Hebrews ch.s 9 & 10), and not on some endless quest to try to do more, or be supposedly more holy in order to get there in the end...

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Holiness is not something that can be TAUGHT..... that is the problem... Holiness is a condition of the heart... and how one approaches God.

He does not desire our sacrifice... HE desires our love... HOLINESS is a by-product of an intimate relationship with Christ.

You would have more success trying to teach someone how to be a hamburger... Just saying...LOL

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The odd thing here is that I have shared numerous testimonies over the months.... and I don't understand how someone can give ALL THE GLORY to God and still get thrown in the dog house... I have never claimed to know everything... I will be the FIRST to admit that I only know in part... I am aware of my many shortcomings... With that said... in my 20 years as a Christian... this is what I have learned and will NOT apologize for...

1. I will not allow a Catholic to teach me about Christ
2. I will not allow a Calvinist to teach me about Christ
3. I will not let anyone who buys into the Word of Faith/ Prosperity Gospel to teach me about Christ
4. I will not let a legalist teach me about Christ

WHY??? Because the theology is BAD.... very very BAD. Why would I want to spend time trying to understand BAD THEOLOGY....
And... doesn't every Christian owe it to themselves to guard their heart???

Anyways... that was interesting... I think I'm done here... Had no idea what I was walking into... but apparently I have a stalker... LOL
And by the same token, someone who is constantly lying and sowing division, they show me that they have not understood the Gospel message. Let us disagree, let me be completely wrong about something! But those who destroy the body God will destroy! And that's Scripture. But watch, the coming reply, OH see how you are SO offended!!

No, it's Scripture. The Holy Spirit does not lie, how clear can it be that dishonest words are not from the Holy Spirit?

Yes, we do need to guard our hearts! And we can get an idea of the state of our hearts by hearing what we speak, for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. Gracious words come from a gracious heart, and evil words come from an evil heart.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try to understand . . . this is a public forum and you have no right to bully someone into not posting.

Is Your doctrine so hollow that it needs affirmation from others? Do You see what I am saying?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks preach is free grace, grace free of responsibility and devoid of repentance.
Again, lies.

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks, and evil words come from where? What is the source of lies meant to impugn others?

If you could only see the answer to this one simple question!

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are to rely on the finished work of Christ completely (Hebrews ch.s 9 & 10), and not on some endless quest to try to do more, or be supposedly more holy in order to get there in the end...

So the Holy Spirit has no more work to do in us after we are saved? It is not about being worthy to escape, But about being fruitful Spiritually. Please read John 15.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, lies.

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks, and evil words come from where? What is the source of lies meant to impugn others?

If you could only see the answer to this one simple question!

I Am just pointing you to your own words, You are the one that is lying to yourself....
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. (James 1:22)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Your doctrine so hollow that it needs affirmation from others? Do You see what I am saying?
Maybe you weren't listening to what I said, or maybe you are SO wrapped up in me that you couldn't hear it.

This comment was not concerning me or my doctrine, it is concerning forum etiquette and rules. You are violating the rules by harrassing someone else who choses to post. You don't get to do that. You don't get to bully others.

Again, this has nothing to do with me. But you apparant obsession with, that's the only way you can see it I guess. No matter!

But then, you can't seem to see that you are bullying either. So, OK then.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes I read things too quickly..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... is about all I can say to this one.... Addy the heart HARDENER.... that is so funny.... Enoch calls me BADDY... that one is my personal favorite.
You have amazing power!!

:eek:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Legalists do not preach GRACE.... they preach works... Gideon was as legalistic as they come ( God bless him )... This seductive doctrine of which you speak of is something that seems to float in the heads of well... uuuummmm.... legalists... they have created a GRACE MONSTER...
What I preach is OUTRAGEOUS and SCANDALOUS GRACE. The GRACE that saved a sinner such as yourself and myself.

Anyways... It has not been very pleasant speaking with you... so I think I shall move on now... Have a lovely day.

As @Blood Bought 1953 says.... I have a spice rack to organize. That is so funny.... I had to steal that line....
I've kind of figured out that those who cannot accept salvation by grace alone must not have a real clear idea of What God's Holiness Means.

The beauty of Holiness, that God NEVER deviates from goodness. NEVER. In His presence there can be NO Darkness. Not the little bit that legalists think they get away with. Not for a moment!

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This comment was not concerning me or my doctrine, it is concerning forum etiquette and rules. You are violating the rules by harrassing someone else who choses to post. You don't get to do that. You don't get to bully others.

This is a perfect example of how you divert conviction from your own doctrines and place blame on the person trying to show you where you are going astray. deal with the topic and stop being offended and crying to the moderators. Be a man as the old saying goes, and fight your own battles.

Gotta go to work so I will read more later.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read her quote please, she said legalist. she neither knows nor acknowledges the difference between a legalist or one who preaches holiness.
I've read her posts, and your accusation is vain and empty. Same as you accusations against me.

No where did she equate holiness with legalism. She didn't say it, you can't quote her saying it, all you can do is parrot your meaningless accusations over and over and over, like you do. You can't quote me saying things you claim, and that's just as true with @Addy .

This is a flat out lie.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a doctrine your theology is missing because your doctrine relies onmental understanding as opposed to the Spiritual understanding.
And this is one of the lies you constantly tell about me.

Every idle word . . .

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've kind of figured out that those who cannot accept salvation by grace alone must not have a real clear idea of What God's Holiness Means.

The beauty of Holiness, that God NEVER deviates from goodness. NEVER. In His presence there can be NO Darkness. Not the little bit that legalists think they get away with. Not for a moment!
This is the problem.... and you have hit the nail on the head.... legalism does NOT allow for the proper understanding of HOLINESS... Holiness is not about behaviour.... that is OBEDIENCE.... Holiness is a condition of the heart and it cannot be taught by any human... It is what occurs when the soul meets the SAVIOUR.... It is a surrendering of the heart.

So if anyone tells you they are simply trying to teach holiness... what they are saying is I am keeping my list and checking it twice like Santa.

This is the difference between a man who HOVERS over his wife and DEMANDS submission from her... DECLARING himself HEAD of the HOUSEHOLD....what he gets is OBEDIENCE... he will NEVER achieve submission because that is a condition of the heart.

HOWEVER...the man who is madly in love with his wife..... serves her... dreams about her... lavishes her with his love... is devoted to her.... THAT man has a wife who will SUBMIT to him.

and those two examples are the difference between legalism and grace.

Reactions: Brakelite and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you afraid of losing your alliances?
My alliances? NO. God has promised, that He will NEVER leave me. NEVER forsake me. Not EVER! So no.

But what I am doing is calling you on your bad behavior towards others. Call it "peer moderation".

Much love!

Status
Not open for further replies.