Friendly Bible Study

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Tell what to leave?..tell it to leave from where, what about what Rita said about anxiety, ?...the enemy is attacking her mind?

It’s my head that is the battlefield, not my heart, plus there is no sin in a Born Again as they have been Born Again of imperishable seed.
Plus I’m not saying I am without sin, we were all sinners, as I’ve already referenced I have been Born Again of Gods imperishable seed...which is delivered to the heart/ spirit of His children, it’s the Spirit who testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children...that is the “ spiritual rebirth, “ Spirit gives birth to spirit “ God births our spirit into His...how else would I know I was Born Again?

This is where everyone understands the spiritual rebirth very differently.....I have noticed on the forum....some say believe and you are saved, which makes no sense to me....that is their way of understanding the spiritual rebirth, ...I’ve also posted the way “ I” understand the spiritual rebirth....
Flesh gives birth to flesh.

“ Spirit gives birth to spirit “....a Living supernatural act of God!...God birthed my spirit into His, via His Holy Spirit.

1 John 3:9​

King James Version​

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Which I refuse to argue any more over, I’m not saying that you want to argue...just pointing out my belief...only the Holy Spirit can speak to my heart and teach me in that area, in other words He revealed His word , that a “ Born Again “ doesn’t continue to sin because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed, the Spirit can’t indwell the heart/ spirit of a sinner.....the enemy attacks our mind..

I have been thinking about your post and I don't think it is the right time to explore together that issue - I think it is better left in Rita's court if she personally wants to pursue this avenue further in private.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have been thinking about your post and I don't think it is the right time to explore together that issue - I think it is better left in Rita's court if she personally wants to pursue this avenue further in private.
No, yesterday helped to make me aware of something - sometimes speaking something out makes you acknowledge it, at the moment I am reflecting on that. I felt my posts yesterday took this thread off its course. There is a time and place x

• Love
Reactions: Carl Emerson

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Commentary.

For he spoke, and it came to be;
he commanded, and it stood firm. (Psalm 33:9 NIV)

This is a succinct summary of the first chapter of Genesis’ creation account. Repeatedly in that chapter, we find the formula, “And God said, . . . and it was so.” The power of God expressed in this verse is pretty astounding. God spoke into existence all that is.

I understand taking existing materials and giving them new forms. I built a retaining wall and hedge a few years ago. It took great effort to prepare the site, haul and assemble all of the retaining blocks, and plant the trees. But that bears no resemblance to what God did. He spoke, and what was not previously in existence came into being. He commanded, and it was firmly established.

But the significance of this verse goes beyond the creation of the universe. This God who created all that is via the power of his command is the same God we serve today. And he is every bit as powerful today as he was then. God is still at work in his creation and in his church, guiding them to their intended end.

And he is at work in my life as well. The God whose word brought the world into existence is for me (Rom. 8:31). Whatever he calls me to do, his power, at work in my life (Eph. 1:19), is sufficient to see it done. And no challenge I may face is too difficult for him.

And because of that, I can echo the words of Paul: “I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day” (2 Tim. 1:12b).

You touch on a very important point - in fact those who truly believe have the faith of Abraham who believed that God could create something out of nothing.

If you have this faith, others looking on with think you foolish to continue on a course when there is nothing apparent to indicate it could bare fruit.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
My belief is one can’t reject His word, becoming Born Again is an act of God..it’s not a choice..plus as His word says, without His Spirit we are none of His..

Romans 8:9-11​

King James Version​

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

...you can’t reject becoming Born Of God, if that’s His will.

You and I certainly differ in our understanding of scripture.

John 1:13
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

New Living Translation
They are reborn—not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God.

English Standard Version
who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Berean Standard Bible
children born not of blood, nor of the desire or will of man, but born of God.

Yes but before one is indwelled by the Holy Spirit, His Spirit can draw you to Him. In that sense as a non-believer, before conversion one can hear His Word.

We also know from Romans 1 that His Word gives knowledge of the Character of God through His 'fingerprint' on creation.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
He spoke his will into being...yes, I believe that....would you like me to leave the discussion, because you aren’t understanding my posts?

Faith is Alive And Active...in a Born Again, it’s not dead...

Maybe you want everyone in here to believe as you do....therefore you all understand each other, I’m not sure..do you understand what I post?

Imo, reading your posts were on a different level of spiritual understanding...would you agree?

The rules of the thread are to agree with the Nicaean Creed as a foundation for discussion, as long as there is agreement on that, all input is most welcome.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Were we supposed to give our testimonies?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The rules of the thread are to agree with the Nicaean Creed as a foundation for discussion, as long as there is agreement on that, all input is most welcome.
Does everybody know the Nicaean Creed though?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Does everybody know the Nicaean Creed though?
I don’t know even know what it means.

I can only go by Gods Living word then check what I receive/ relayed to my spirit with His written word... @Carl Emerson ..so I guess I’m out am I?

The written word is the Bible....that is the only Book of God I read.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don’t know even know what it means.

I can only go by Gods Living word then check what I receive/ relayed to my spirit with His written word... @Carl Emerson ..so I guess I’m out am I?

The written word is the Bible....that is the only Book of God I read.
Okay then, for those who don't know:

The Nicene Creed:
We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen.
We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us and for our salvation he came down from heaven, was incarnate from the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary and was made man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered death and was buried.
On the third day he rose again in accordance with the Scriptures; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end.
We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son, who with the Father and the Son is worshipped and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
We believe in one holy catholic (universal) and apostolic Church.
We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church. We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.
I don’t believe in the Catholic Church....I don’t believe as they believe do you?

They believe that water baptism saves....it’s the Living Spirit that saves our spirit from eternal damnation...not water.imo/ belief.

I best leave the thread then...if that is the case.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don’t believe in the Catholic Church....I don’t believe as they believe do you?

They believe that water baptism saves....it’s the Living Spirit that saves our spirit from eternal damnation...not water.imo/ belief.

I best leave the thread then...if that is the case.
The word catholic used here just means universal. It's not the same as Roman Catholic. So please don't leave.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ritajanice

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The word 'Catholic' in the Creed is not referring to a denomination in fact most mainstream denominations are in agreement with this creed.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been looking at some of the passages, and was struck by some of the words used.
Genesis 1
’ let there be ‘ ( a definite )
‘ let the water/ land ( after being created instructions were given to these things )
and they obeyed
‘ God called ‘ established identity of what he created
‘ And it was so ‘
‘ Let them serve ‘ - roles within creation
‘ Greater and lesser lights in the sky ‘ not all roles were the same , some had more power than others
‘ according to its kind ‘ not all the same
‘ He gave authority ‘ - some of creation rules, some are ruled over
Not really linked the theme of Gods word as such , but it struck me that within Gods people there are often battles over differences , roles , responsibility ect and yet here we see a blue print over what God created.
I Samuel 3:1 ‘ In those days the word of the Lord was rare , there were not many visions ‘
we know that in Genesis 15:1 that God spoke through visions.
Well , this made me consider seasons with how God communicates to his people , it changes. It doesn’t make one way obsolete because it hasn’t happened much anymore. ( maybe that’s a nod to those who believe the gifts stopped !! )
Still pondering …..I must admit that it’s words in scripture and context , little words often jump out at me, like ‘ then ‘ ‘ and ‘ ‘ after ‘ ………it kind of makes you look at what happened before ……….

God's word in action...they do come alive when you least expect them to..

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is a bit late but my 'journey into life' started with a booklet with that title. it was given to me by the local CoE vicar when I requested Christening for my baby. It shocked me by telling me all the things that people think make them Christians, like going to church, reading the bible, being brought up by Christian parents . . . All my life I thought I was a Christian because I had been to Sunday school and been confirmed and believed in God. After reading it I was convicted and said the prayer at the end of the booklet. And when my baby was Christened and I stood up in church and said I repent of my sin, I renounce evil, I turn to Christ I absolutely meant it and have never looked back.

The world became a brighter place and I no longer needed the the medication I had been taking for my 'nerves', even during my pregnancy, it just wasn't required any more. I was healed. And I have had other healings too of a breast lump and of Bell's palsy.

Last edited:

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Just wondering how many folks picked up on the 'Word of God' in Acts referred to the uttered words of believers under the power and inspiration of the Holy Spirit proclaiming the Truth of the Gospel - and not specifically a reference to Scripture?

Reactions: APAK