Friends of This Site

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't read her as saying that she just wanted happy posts.
I read something deeper there.
I read that she is looking for and expects to find more than theological argumentative discussions on here, but some also which show so hunger for God Himself. Which I agree it does fall short here.

That is what I took away from her posts. A heart cry.
I believe many know so much about God, but how many are more interested in Him?o_O
I agree that many people are only interested in expressing their supposed knowledge of religions, scripture, history etc rather than gain a deeper and personal knowledge of God.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe the leadership , mods and admins don't really care about the tone or the quality of a Christian web site, as they don't seem to interact, add to, or give direction...but seem happy just as long as they get lots of posting going on each day!

With this I agree I wonder where they are. I am use to a site (CF) with a heavy hand but here it's the old west and I admit I let myself go to the extreme here from time to time and called out others for a gunfight at the Christianityboard corral. There seems to be so much hate from some that here that it is astonishing

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read that she is looking for and expects to find more than theological argumentative discussions on here, but some also which show so hunger for God Himself. Which I agree it does fall short here.

I believe many know so much about God, but how many are more interested in Him?o_O
Amen!

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

Reactions: Hisman and Pearl

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we would all just set aside our theology, forget about sound doctrine, be positive, compromise, and overlook false teachings, then we would all be considered friendly. Then, everyone can teach whatever they want, and believe whatever they want, and it won't matter because we're all friendly now.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Fully agree with Helen's OP. We are instructed by our Lord to be loving towards even our enemies. How much more should we exude love toward one another here?

1 Corinthians 1:10
Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

I'm not sure how 1 Corinthians 1:10 could possibly be accomplished in the way it was meant back when Paul wrote his first epistle to the Corinthians, on account of just how much division and doctrinal complication has sprung up over the last 2000 years. But I think Jam 3:17 is an excellent summation of how we are to conduct our interactions within the brethren.

James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.

Reactions: Hisman and Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we would all just set aside our theology, forget about sound doctrine, be positive, compromise, and overlook false teachings, then we would all be considered friendly. Then, everyone can teach whatever they want, and believe whatever they want, and it won't matter because we're all friendly now.
This perhaps sounds a bit too much a bit like the world into which Jesus walked when he began his ministry at 30 years of age. What we see around us often on this forum [and in most of what we might call Christendom today on planet Earth] makes me think without favor on how friendly the different sects of Judaism were when along came Jesus and many of them began to agree in their thoughts and conspiracies against him...

Reactions: bbyrd009

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Agreed Hisman,
I think what is missing also on here, is true fellowship and love for one another as, the computer can seem so impersonal. This site provides much fellowship whereas, the brick and stick building I attend does NOT. We should try our best to not get pulled into some of these threads...can be tough if we think they are WRONG, lol.
I have only been on here for a year and, there are several who have left, and broke my heart as, they were wonderful people who added love and humor and caring to their posts. I miss them and hope no one else leaves.

Reactions: Hisman and Pearl

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Sounds like our first day in "church" huh?

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing I'll say is that there are some posters on this site that hold very different views from me in some areas, that we've been able to have good discussions done in a good manner.

I love that when it can happen. I truly enjoy discussion and debate with smart people who disagree with me. It gives me a chance to test my views, and learn things I didn't know before. But when stops being discussion, and turns into a dog pile, not so much.

Too many times, rather than answer a post, others resort to what is, at the end of the day, little more than name calling. It should be OK to say, "I don't have a response to that", without feeling like you have to attack the person's character.

I think that if we are to "let our gentleness be known to all", well, that would be a game changer in my opinion.

Much love!
Mark

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gong, gong, gong, ByGrace!
Gong!
Gong, gong!
What? You don't like it? :p
I don't either, sis. Its very wearying.

I take somewhat long breaks from here. I come back and mostly just read the posts of a handful of people. I don't always agree with that handful either. But they disagree without doing it in an ugly way. AND without doing it in an "acceptable" ugly way! That's even worse, to me.

Nothing wrong with a break from time to time.

Reactions: Helen and Butterfly

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To my friends on this Site. And so many of you I do count as friends, you know who you are.
Especially to those of you who have written to me lately saying that you are "stepping back" for a while because of all the rudeness and arguments in the discussions.

This Site has indeed soured over the last year...agree...with snippy responses rather than just giving an answer disagreeing agreeably. ( I am not saying that I am guiltless myself! ) It used to be a happy interesting place to come.

Where are the polite responses? Some on here always do respond gently, @quietthinker for one ...and a few others. :)
Speaking personally: I do visit this site regularly (way more regularly than is probably healthy), but I don't post as much as I used to. If there is a new/good conversation that interests me, I happily join in. I do want to be here, to fellowship, and contribute. But I'll also admit that if the last 20 posts of a thread are those-same-old-people-having-the-same-old-arguement, I'm not going to join in. As to me starting good threads: I do do that, but it's not too regular just because I don't have that many thread starting ideas regularly.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Why can't you just post without an edge to your words.
You seem unable to just 'talk' to people... :oops: