From the pen of Ellen White

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You might remember that scripture Jack, seeing you quote it so often......remember it for yourself because nobody is calling you a fool, so you weren't calling others a fool, why are you quoting it?
Evasive!

Matthew 13
41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, 42 and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Evasive!

Matthew 13
41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, 42 and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Not evasive at all Jack but it suits you to call it that because you are unwilling to consider my question......that makes you evasive.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not evasive at all Jack but it suits you to call it that because you are unwilling to consider my question......that makes you evasive.
I answer your questions with Scripture. You should try it. Do you know any Scripture?

Matthew 25
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Jack
Simply consider again each of those verses you have quoted in the 5 or 6 posts above. Go through them again, one by one, and quote again which ones state explicitly that human sinners are tormented for all eternity.
I can see there is eternal fire. I can see there is Hellfire.
I can see also that there is a lake of fire, into which the devil, the false prophet, and the beast shall be tormented.
You quoted Jesus when He spoke of the burning of the tares. What happens to dry weeds when you burn them Jack? Here's a clue...
KJV Malachi 4:1-3
1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jack
Simply consider again each of those verses you have quoted in the 5 or 6 posts above. Go through them again, one by one, and quote again which ones state explicitly that human sinners are tormented for all eternity.
I've studied them many times.
I can see there is eternal fire. I can see there is Hellfire.
Good for you!
I can see also that there is a lake of fire, into which the devil, the false prophet, and the beast shall be tormented.
And humans will suffer the exact same fate.

Matthew 25
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
Rev 20
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

You quoted Jesus when He spoke of the burning of the tares. What happens to dry weeds when you burn them Jack? Here's a clue...
KJV Malachi 4:1-3
1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.
No NT? Of course you don't!

John 15:6
6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned.

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was warning us how HORRIBLE the everlasting fire will be. Pay attention! It might save you from the eternal Hell fire!

If I'm not mistaken you've made it very clear in the past that your motivation for seeking salvation was largely to escape hellfire, am I correct?

Do you really believe that God's ability to save is so limited that He has to resort to exploiting a base human emotion to convince people that He is worthy of service?

Do you take all of Scripture literally or just the parts that seem to describe final punishment as eternal torment?

What about this one:

"Behold the Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world."

Is the LORD Jesus to you a four-legged bovid who saves all of mankind universally?

If not, then what rules do you use to determine which texts are to be taken literally and which figuratively?

Reactions: Brakelite

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I answer your questions with Scripture. You should try it. Do you know any Scripture?

Matthew 25
Righto Jack, how about we leave the flaming and talk a little about water?
There was Jesus, perched against a well in the middle of the day and he was thirsty . No doubt the Sun was doing a bit of flaming of its own kind but he had no bucket and no rope when along comes this woman with the right equipment.....
Listen to the rest of the story ....
here.... Jesus, the Woman, the Well, and the Water

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I'm not mistaken you've made it very clear in the past that your motivation for seeking salvation was largely to escape hellfire, am I correct?
Of course.
Do you really believe that God's ability to save is so limited that He has to resort to exploiting a base human emotion to convince people that He is worthy of service?
Proverbs 9
10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom,

Do you take all of Scripture literally or just the parts that seem to describe final punishment as eternal torment?
I'm a literalist unless there's absolute reason to not be.
What about this one:

"Behold the Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world."

Is the LORD Jesus to you a four-legged bovid who saves all of mankind universally?
Aren't you getting a little ridiculous?
If not, then what rules do you use to determine which texts are to be taken literally and which figuratively?
"I'm a literalist unless there's absolute reason to not be."

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Righto Jack, how about we leave the flaming and talk a little about water?
There was Jesus, perched against a well in the middle of the day and he was thirsty . No doubt the Sun was doing a bit of flaming of its own kind but he had no bucket and no rope when along comes this woman with the right equipment.....
Listen to the rest of the story ....
here.... Jesus, the Woman, the Well, and the Water
Evasive, again

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 2
12 Work out your salvation with fear and trembling;

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aren't you getting a little ridiculous?

You mean, like a God who is synonymous with love torturing people for zillions of years for stuff that they got done in less than a hundred? I'm with the atheists on this one, Jack.

Reactions: Brakelite

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean, like a God who is synonymous with love torturing people for zillions of years for stuff that they got done in less than a hundred? I'm with the atheists on this one, Jack.
Isn't that contrary to the ChristianityBoard Statement of Faith?

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh Jack, I get it, your logic trumps all. :contemplate:

View attachment 35296
No logic needed. I have the written Word of God.

Matthew 25
Rev 20
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ahh, the truth comes out. Do you believe any of the NT is the written Word of God?
Jack, how is it that you have an interest in quoting Jesus' words but have no interest in the spirit of his character?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jack, how is it that you have an interest in quoting Jesus' words but have no interest in the spirit of his character?
His 'character' is revealed in what He said in the NT. Now back to my question, "Do you believe any of the NT is the written Word of God?"