From the pen of Ellen White

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here right away is an error from E. G. White. Paradise will NOT be restored on earth. Paradise is presently in the New Jerusalem and will remain there (Lk 23:42; 2 Cor 12:4; Rev 2:7.)
KJV Revelation 22:2, 14
2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations....
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Correct Enoch, in that the tree of life is in the city. But it doesn't say that paradise is confined to the city. In the future, where will the city be?
KJV Revelation 21:10-14, 24
10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.....
24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

Where are these nations and kings coming from, to bring their glory and to eat of the tree of life?

KJV Isaiah 66:22-23
22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

So the new Jerusalem descends out of heaven and settles upon this planet, and after the lake of fire goes out, the earth is cleansed of us pollution's and abominations, it is recreated, Eden restored and in the midst of it is the capital of the universe, the new Jerusalem.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For all practical purposes, Ellen G. White's teachings are never challenged by the SDAs. For example the Investigative Judgment is still a part of their beliefs.
Nonsense. There are numerous web sites written by ex SDAs who have at least one thing in common with you. They challenged the doctrine of the sanctuary and like you, couldn't understand it and decided it couldn't be true... Not on the basis of their understanding and biblical refutation, but on the basis of their ignorance. Would I be correct in saying that you haven't read an Adventist explanation of the doctrine of the sanctuary and the ministration of Jesus as our High Priest in heaven? He is fulfilling the type as portrayed in the early sanctuary of the OT, and the work of the High Priest at that time. If you haven't studied that, you will never understand our doctrines and have no real grounds for declaring them false.
And you are correct. We will never, can never, give up the doctrine of the sanctuary and the anti-typical day of atonement and the judgement connected to it. It is who we are. We give that up, we cease to be Seventh Day Adventists. Would you give up that which you know to be biblical truth?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beware the voice of the lawless one who cometh in the name of a love god .
it is gathering many under its umbrella .
The spirit of anti christ , the mystery of iniquity abounds and many now call good that which is evil and call evil that which is good .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

rdclmn72

May 14, 2023
Dunlap TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm SDA, I started out as Pentecostal and married into the church some 10 yrs ago. I made friends and a couple of years later became convicted about the Sabbath. I believe that coming from different backgrounds is a good thing when all you want to do is share Christ among friends. Hopefully we can always get along...

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I'm SDA, I started out as Pentecostal and married into the church some 10 yrs ago. I made friends and a couple of years later became convicted about the Sabbath. I believe that coming from different backgrounds is a good thing when all you want to do is share Christ among friends. Hopefully we can always get along...
What do you think of Christians who don't observe the Saturday Sabbath?

Reactions: Keturah

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wrong question. Should be, what do you think God thinks of Christians who don't observe the Saturday Sabbath? We aren't here to please, impress, or embarrass each other, but to serve our Creator. The scriptures tell us what God thinks of those who refuse to obey His commandments. He leads them to repentance first, don't you think? Then He leads them into a fuller understanding of truth as it is in Jesus. He then empowers them, if they are willing and surrendered, to live according to that truth. But I think God's response to anyone who neglects the 4th commandment is always a response according to love, grace, and mercy... Much as He demonstrated 28 years ago with me when I was observing Sunday.
And although the context of this statement is elsewhere, I believe it is appropriate to add here...KJV Acts 17:30-31
30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
KJV Acts 17:30-31
30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.
The reason I believe this is appropriate is because we are living in the last days, and there are 2 opposing forces at work in the world... Jesus and Satan. Jesus had promised that the final remnant people of God will love Him, because they keep His Commandments. He also declares that the final church will be without blemish, spot, or wrinkle.
But God will have a people upon the earth to maintain the Bible, and the Bible only, as the standard of all doctrines and the basis of all reforms. The opinions of learned men, the deductions of science, the creeds or decisions of ecclesiastical councils, as numerous and discordant as are the churches which they represent, the voice of the majority—not one nor all of these should be regarded as evidence for or against any point of religious faith. Before accepting any doctrine or precept, we should demand a plain "Thus saith the Lord" in its support. GC 595.1

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
what do I think of Christians who covet or bear false witness or commit adultery?....I think it would be good if they got their act together and made self honesty a priority.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Should be, what do you think God thinks of Christians who don't observe the Saturday Sabbath?
I already know that one.

We got an SDA comic in the letterbox that ranted about the mark of the beast being the observance of Sunday worship.

Fortunately for those who rest in Christ, He is their Sabbath.

Heb 8:6-7 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises. (7) For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.

Reactions: Keturah

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already know that one.

We got an SDA comic in the letterbox that ranted about the mark of the beast being the observance of Sunday worship.

Heb 8:6-7 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises. (7) For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
"Fortunately for those who REST in Christ, He is their Sabbath"........AMEN!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I already know that one.

"Fortunately for those who REST in Christ, He is their Sabbath"........AMEN!
Don't you fellas think it's somewhat important that you have some scripture to support that, rather than simply a vague declaration based on tradition?
And SM, I think you should read over that tract again, and you may discover that Sunday does not become the mark of the beast until such time as the beast actually enforces it through government legislation. It may help you if you also understood who the beast is.

BTW. what makes you believe Adventists are not resting their salvation upon the merits of Christ? We were all justified by Christ's death on Calvary, every man, woman, and child on the planet for all time. That doesn't mean everyone will in the end be saved, but we most certainly are not saved by adding requirements to Christ's sacrifice, for example obedience, but nor are we saved by thinking we can continue to stubbornly transgress His laws, that is, sin. Just claiming your rest in Christ replaces the 4th commandment is simply without any biblical foundation.

Last edited:

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Don't you fellas think it's somewhat important that you have some scripture to support that, rather than simply a vague declaration based on tradition?
And SM, I think you should read over that tract again, and you may discover that Sunday does not become the mark of the beast until such time as the beast actually enforces it through government legislation. It may help you if you also understood who the beast is.

BTW. what makes you believe Adventists are not resting their salvation upon the merits of Christ? We were all justified by Christ's death on Calvary, every man, woman, and child on the planet for all time. That doesn't mean everyone will in the end be saved, but we most certainly are not saved by adding requirements to Christ's sacrifice, for example obedience, but nor are we saved by thinking we can continue to stubbornly transgress His laws, that is, sin. Just claiming your rest in Christ replaces the 4th commandment is simply without any biblical foundation.
I'd be more concerned about the consequences of ignoring this Scripture:

Col 2:16-17 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, (17) which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Screenshot_20230526-192522~2.png

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Uh huh. As I said, all Christians rest their faith in Christ's salvation, unless they are attempting to gain God favor by their works, be it good social works or religious works, doesn't matter, either way they can never do enough... Death of a perfect substitute is the only way that true rest can be experienced.
You surely realize though that your quote above doesn't mention that resting in Christ is a substitute for obedience to Christ. Is He not your Lord?

Last edited:

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having NOT thrust my hand in his side nor observed the nail scarred hands and yet having not seen these, I declare as Thomas did..

JOHN 20:28 KJV

"And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God."

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Having NOT thrust my hand in his side nor observed the nail scarred hands and yet having not seen these, I declare as Thomas did..

JOHN 20:28 KJV

"And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God."
I would not doubt your sincerity. I would mention however the following...
KJV John 13:13-17
13 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.
14 If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.
15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.
17 If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.

Bolded above... Do we not think we are above God when we presume to change one of His commandments?

KJV Matthew 15:8-9
8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Not necessarily directing this at you, but I believe it should be considered by everyone reading this.

To be truly resting in Christ, we need to have genuinely and intently studied our own motives for doing what we do.

KJV Matthew 23:23
23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Note... Judgement, mercy and faith... Love... Are part and parcel of the law. The law therefore hasn't been done away with. Love, faith, resting in Christ, does not negate the law. They are the law.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, let me break this down about the "Rest" in God or as some think " Sabbath", in my own understanding.........

MATTHEW 15:9 KJV
"But in vain they do WORSHIP me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."

In regards to what we know of what folks term the "Sabbath". IS it imperative to ***what the day is called***? The word plainly says 7th day rest, correct?..... Our calendar is NOT the same as the Jewish calendar or possibly the first Jewish congregations as per Moses & I find it irrelevant as to Saturday being the end of, or Sunday being the end of the week. For I believe our rest is in him. Furthermore;

Mark 2: 25-28
25 And he said unto them, Have ye never read what David did, when he had need, and was an hungred, he, and they that were with him?
26 How he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and did eat the shewbread, which is not lawful to eat but for the priests, and gave also to them which were with him?

****27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and NOT MAN for the sabbath:
28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.****

Today folks think Sabbath is going to " church", I say this..

HEBREWS 10:25 KJV
"Not forsaking the ASSEMBLING OF OURSELVES TOGETHER, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching."

In assembly worship>>>>>>
Colossians 3:16 - Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
In private worship>>>>>>
Ephesians 5:19 - Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
Both & all worship must be TO THE LORD

MATTHEW CHAPTER 12 KJV
6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.
7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have CONDEMNED the guiltless.
8 For the Son of man is Lord even if the Sabbath.
9 And when he was departed thence, he went into their synagogue:

JOHN 4:23 KJV
"But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father IN SPIRIT and IN TRUTH: for the Father seeketh such to worship him."

JOHN 4:24 KJV
"God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."

HEBREWS 4:3KJV
"For we which have believed do enter into REST, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world."

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here right away is an error from E. G. White. Paradise will NOT be restored on earth. Paradise is presently in the New Jerusalem and will remain there (Lk 23:42; 2 Cor 12:4; Rev 2:7.)
KJV 2 Peter 3:13
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

KJV Isaiah 65:17
17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

"The meek shall inherit the earth".

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
More wisdom...
A Happy or Unhappy Marriage?—If those who are contemplating marriage would not have miserable, unhappy reflections after marriage, they must make it a subject of serious, earnest reflection now. This step taken unwisely is one of the most effective means of ruining the usefulness of young men and women. Life becomes a burden, a curse. No one can so effectually ruin a woman's happiness and usefulness, and make life a heartsickening burden, as her own husband; and no one can do one hundredth part as much to chill the hopes and aspirations of a man, to paralyze his energies and ruin his influence and prospects, as his own wife. It is from the marriage hour that many men and women date their success or failure in this life, and their hopes of the future life.1
I wish I could make the youth see and feel their danger, especially the danger of making unhappy marriages.
Marriage is something that will influence and affect your life both in this world and in the world to come. A sincere Christian will not advance his plans in this direction without the knowledge that God approves his course. He will not want to choose for himself, but will feel that God must choose for him. We are not to please ourselves, for Christ pleased not Himself. I would not be understood to mean that anyone is to marry one whom he does not love. This would be sin. But fancy and the emotional nature must not be allowed to lead on to ruin. God requires the whole heart, the supreme affections.3
Make Haste Slowly—Few have correct views of the marriage relation. Many seem to think that it is the attainment of perfect bliss; but if they could know one quarter of the heartaches of men and women that are bound by the marriage vow in chains that they cannot and dare not break, they would not be surprised that I trace these lines. Marriage, in a majority of cases, is a most galling yoke. There are thousands that are mated but not matched. The books of heaven are burdened with the woes, the wickedness, and the abuse that lie hidden under the marriage mantle. This is why I would warn the young who are of a marriageable age to make haste slowly in the choice of a companion. The path of married life may appear beautiful and full of happiness; but why may not you be disappointed as thousands of others have been?
Adventist Home. P43

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife