Fun thread....Did you know......(finish the sentence)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes...send it to me in a pm...so as not to derail the thread...I am extremely interested in genetics and quantum physics/mechanics
@Heart2Soul Seems like you have acquired a lot of scientific knowledge and an "intellectual curiosity" blended with a strong Biblical faith; this must be a good combination....

(...but like you said, best not to derail this thread...)

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul Seems like you have acquired a lot of scientific knowledge and an "intellectual curiosity" blended with a strong Biblical faith; this must be a good combination....

(...but like you said, best not to derail this thread...)
Thank you my brother

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Did you know that the Principality of Andorra in Europe has two heads of state? (from Medieval times the Bishop of Urgell and the Count of Foix, serving together as Co-Princes; after the Count of Foix was deposed of his duties, the King of France became Andorra's Co-Prince; after the King of France had his head chopped off, the President of France - while he keeps his head, or is voted out of office - is the Co-Prince...)

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my goodness. Another nerd.o_O
full

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know that main stream eschatologists support the notion that the Book of Revelations was written by John around 90-95 AD based on a thread of conjecture. It is really weak...

If this is really the date, and can be proven beyond a shadow of doubt, then John was a rare specimen of human health. If we assume John was +/- 5 years of Christ's age, he would have written the Book at a tender young age between 95-105. I do not know about you, I would need spectacles and arthritis lotions to even attempt to write such a Book. And then it would take me not weeks but many months to complete it n a legible form. There is another smaller group, of the school of thought that says John wrote the Book around 60-65 AD whilst in exile. Something to think about...I tend to agree with the 60-65 date.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know that main stream eschatologists support the notion that the Book of Revelations was written by John around 90-95 AD based on a thread of conjecture. It is really weak...

If this is really the date, and can be proven beyond a shadow of doubt, then John was a rare specimen of human health. If we assume John was +/- 5 years of Christ's age, he would have written the Book at a tender young age between 95-105. I do not know about you, I would need spectacles and arthritis lotions to even attempt to write such a Book. And then it would take me not weeks but many months to complete it n a legible form. There is another smaller group, of the school of thought that says John wrote the Book around 60-65 AD whilst in exile. Something to think about...I tend to agree with the 60-65 date.
Well he was sent to the island of Patmos and was under tribulation...
“I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.”
— Revelation 1:9 (KJV)
This speaks to me as he was in exile and imprisoned there...but hey Paul wrote many of his epistles while in prison.

Reactions: APAK

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know your saliva as you eat is what makes what you able to taste the flavor of what you're eating?

DYK: the skin is the largest organ of the human body?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well he was sent to the island of Patmos and was under tribulation...
“I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.”
— Revelation 1:9 (KJV)
This speaks to me as he was in exile and imprisoned there...but hey Paul wrote many of his epistles while in prison.
I think you are missing the point. He really could have been in exile under/ by Nero on the Island, and in tribulation around 60-65 AD and wrote the book. That's the point.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are missing the point. He really could have been in exile under/ by Nero on the Island, and in tribulation around 60-65 AD and wrote the book. That's the point.
Yes I know what your point is....and when did Nero die? Well if it is recorded then John had to have been a full grown man at this time.

In 68 AD, after a turbulent 13-year reign, the Roman senate ran out of patience and declared Nero a public enemy. Nero then fled, and on June 9, 68 AD, at the age of 30, he committed suicide.

So this clearly supports your belief of 60-65 AD

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I know what your point is....and when did Nero die? Well if it is recorded then John had to have been a full grown man at this time.

In 68 AD, after a turbulent 13-year reign, the Roman senate ran out of patience and declared Nero a public enemy. Nero then fled, and on June 9, 68 AD, at the age of 30, he committed suicide.
Well sure, and Nero was still well alive between 60-65, And then as every leader does they set policies for slaves etc., and other delegated officers under them usually executes these orders of exile etc. So the date of his death is not relevant here.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well sure, and Nero was still well alive between 60-65, And then as every leader does they set policies for slaves etc., and other delegated officers under them usually executes these orders of exile etc. So the date of his death is not relevant here.
Whatever...I was agreeing with you about when John wrote Revelation

Reactions: APAK