Gay altar

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting point of view.

The full statement is this (and yes, I can see that the immediate context is heterosexual marriage):

11 But He said to them, “Not all men can accept this statement, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way from their mother’s womb; and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men; and there are also eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who is able to accept this, let him accept it.

I have a friend who is gay but has chosen celibacy because that's not what God designed, effectively becoming a eunuch. I see what they've given up "for the sake of the Kingdom of God": Not only sexual pleasure, but love, companionship, and intimacy. Here I am in the comfort of a happy (very heterosexual, thank you for asking) marriage; how can I not greatly respect those who willingly set those comforts aside to follow Jesus?

The one who is able to accept this, let him accept it. What of those who are not able to accept it?
Those ones join churches that subvert God's word and plan to say, "God says", sexually active gay is OK.
And they likely carry a copy of the queen James bible .

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dare I say you disagree with Jesus by being so judgmental.
That is a judgmental statement. In case you're not familiar with Jesus' life, He was often judgmental. Read about how he dealt with the Jews who opposed Him.

Here is an example: "They answered him, “Abraham is our father.” Jesus said to them, “If you are Abraham’s children, you would do what Abraham did, but now you are trying to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. This is not what Abraham did. You are indeed doing what your father does.” They said to him, “We are not illegitimate children; we have one Father, God himself.” Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God, and now I am here. I did not come on my own, but he sent me. Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot accept my word. You are from your father the devil, and you choose to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks according to his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies. But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me Which of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me? Whoever is from God hears the words of God. The reason you do not hear them is that you are not from God.” John 8:39-47

I would say that is the epitome of being judgmental.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My mothers; friend who was gay died not to recently ago. My mother spoke highly of him for the most part. I believe God will be fair in assessing his life without interference from any other human being. He is God after all, and though people grip about gay people, you have your own issues too.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nothing . there is no gay alter that any christain should sacrfice too .
Rather let he or she who stole steal no more
let he or she who practiced homosexuality go and do no more .
JESUS is the answer . If our churches want to help people , my advice is they need to stop supporting their sins
and rather point them to CHRIST and correct sins . like the true apostels did .
Good idea! Let's close the doors to the churches to all who have sinned. Let's make them private clubs that will admit only those who are pure! We can even rename the churches "Pharisee clubs", where only those who are 100% pure are admitted.

Jesus said, “Come to me, ALL you who are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30 => THERE IS NO EXCLUSION HERE!!! <=

Jesus clearly said to LOVE OUR NEIGHBOR
! When you get off your throne of self-righteousness and actually start loving others as Jesus did, you might have a more effective message.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to admit your words are much kinder than ol jim , who said i follow my father the devil .
IF you all want to correct me , make it easy . When i type something , expose it WITH SCRIPTURES .
I will happily bring many scrips that show how sin was to be dealt with in the CHURCH .
Feel free to bring many scrips to show me my error .
Cassandra is 100% correct. If you won't pay attention to me, perhaps you might pay attention to what she wrote.

BTW, CONGRATULATIONS on being grammatically correct for once!

• Sad
Reactions: ButterflyJones

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well her words were much kinder than ol jims . HE said i was of my father the devil .
Imagine that for a second . I simply warn against sin
and they say JUDGE NOT .
YET when i type words i get called names . Rather odd eh . But as i have told others ,
THIS generation is all about loving all paths , inclusivity, tolerating every sin
CEPT THOSE who speak truth and correct sin . THEY DONT Tolerate those .
THEY consider those children of the devil . SEE what has happened .
the most so called open minded , free ya mind liberal generation
has become VERY CLOSED MINDED TO TRUTH . but very open minded to sin and peoples paths and journeys .
SEE the problem . sure you do my friend . Marvel not , JESUS was betrayed by one WITHIN his own group
and it was the mainstream religious ones who persecuted him and accused him too .
So be no suprised if a lot of our persecutions will come from those who claim GOD as did the jews
but did not or do not .
This is just plain absurd (as usual). You do not "simply warn against sin". You viciously condemn others who don't meet your (false) standard of righteous perfection, including most of the church, the body of Christ.

You write garbage like "THIS generation is all about loving all paths , inclusivity, tolerating every sin
CEPT THOSE who speak truth and correct sin . THEY DONT Tolerate those . THEY consider those children of the devil". Whom did Jesus say to love? The righteous only??? No, He said to love your neighbor. There was (and is) no condition that s/he must be pure, i.e., free of all sin. Yet you not only fail to do that, you judge and condemn your brothers and sisters in Christ!

You were almost grammatically correct (again). Keep on trying! After all, it's one way to show love of your neighbor (reader).

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May the LORD forgive both jim and this lady . My desire is good for them .
But as you see i do get called quite a few names , and for what . FOR saying the very same things paul taught about sin
in the church . Just ponder on that for a bit . And yet my prayer is for their good and may the LORD forgive them .
ITS not me who hates , its them my friend . not me . and sadly this persecution seems to come
far more from those who claim Christ than it does from even those who dont . THOUGH , yeah i have been persecuted by those too .
This is so sad . cause all i ever desired was good for them . Only good . But onwards i must go
and continue to exhort . For my desire is good for all .
You are clearly delusional.

BTW, you might want to read Paul's epistles more carefully. Paul clearly loved those to whom he wrote. Even though he was, as a father figure, sometimes critical, he clearly loved those who had come to Christ. UNLIKE YOURSELF!!!

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is just plain absurd (as usual). You do not "simply warn against sin". You viciously condemn others who don't meet your (false) standard of righteous perfection, including most of the church, the body of Christ.

You write garbage like "THIS generation is all about loving all paths , inclusivity, tolerating every sin
CEPT THOSE who speak truth and correct sin . THEY DONT Tolerate those . THEY consider those children of the devil". Whom did Jesus say to love? The righteous only??? No, He said to love your neighbor. There was (and is) no condition that s/he must be pure, i.e., free of all sin. Yet you not only fail to do that, you judge and condemn your brothers and sisters in Christ!

You were almost grammatically correct (again). Keep on trying! After all, it's one way to show love of your neighbor (reader).
When you use sarcasm and condescension to make a Biblical point, you fail.

the-more-you-know.gif

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is a judgmental statement. In case you're not familiar with Jesus' life, He was often judgmental. Read about how he dealt with the Jews who opposed Him.

Here is an example: "They answered him, “Abraham is our father.” Jesus said to them, “If you are Abraham’s children, you would do what Abraham did, but now you are trying to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. This is not what Abraham did. You are indeed doing what your father does.” They said to him, “We are not illegitimate children; we have one Father, God himself.” Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God, and now I am here. I did not come on my own, but he sent me. Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot accept my word. You are from your father the devil, and you choose to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks according to his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies. But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me Which of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me? Whoever is from God hears the words of God. The reason you do not hear them is that you are not from God.” John 8:39-47

I would say that is the epitome of being judgmental.
So the answer is yes.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are clearly delusional.

BTW, you might want to read Paul's epistles more carefully. Paul clearly loved those to whom he wrote. Even though he was, as a father figure, sometimes critical, he clearly loved those who had come to Christ. UNLIKE YOURSELF!!!
He sure did love and i love too . Paul corrected .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your posts are anything but loving. They are judgmental and self-righteous. How can you not see that?
I was reading your posts about how judgmental JESUS was . And yet you cannot see your own error jim .
If we love the peoples we correct the peoples . And if we know one is false we expose that one who is false .
Or do you not believe peter . Many seducers , will come in amonst YOU . OH YEAH JIM
they gonna be leading and fleecing the flocks . THOSE GONNA GET EXPOSED on my watch .
PEROID . As will any error within the church .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was reading your posts about how judgmental JESUS was . And yet you cannot see your own error jim .
If we love the peoples we correct the peoples . And if we know one is false we expose that one who is false .
Or do you not believe peter . Many seducers , will come in amonst YOU . OH YEAH JIM
they gonna be leading and fleecing the flocks . THOSE GONNA GET EXPOSED on my watch .
PEROID . As will any error within the church .
This is nothing more than your usual rant, justifying your unceasing criticism of those who Christ has chosen and loves.

Why can't you see that you are obsessed with one thing: YOUR OWN SELF-IMPORTANCE!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is nothing more than your usual rant, justifying your unceasing criticism of those who Christ has chosen and loves.

Why can't you see that you are obsessed with one thing: YOUR OWN SELF-IMPORTANCE!
Rather odd jim . but lets give an example of hyprocrisy .
I warned us that pope francis is dangerous and false , or kenneth copeland .
You say not to say such a thing , that is condemning , judging .
YET you seemed to have no problems saying i myself was of the devil . OOPSY JIM
i thought we could not warn out against the church . SEE the social gospel
will accept all paths as valid , wont correct sin
BUT PHEW WEE , when TRUTH gets spoken or one comes along speaking truth , THEY THE DEVIL .
The social gospel has programmed yalls mind into accepting everything with a smile
BUT HOW DARE the TRUTH or those who speak it show up , they JUDGMENTAL . THEY the haters .
Exactly jim . The liberal and conservative theology of this super false social gospel
has CLOSED THE MINDS and HEARTS TO TRUTH .
and has opened it to lies and acceptance of sins and even others paths .
NOT all who sit under the social gospel have went as far as its leaders , BUT THEY WILL .
SOON enough to warn against sin , to even SAY ye must BELIEVE IN CHRIST
to even say muslims , buddists or etc , must repent and believe in CHRIST , will be seen as judgemental and non loving .
AND if you dont believe this , TRY EXAMINING what some of those who have long taught it are NOW saying .
You are headed down the wrong road . SURE i think you STILL believe that one must CONFESS JESUS by mouth
and believe from the heart that GOD has rose him from the dead to be saved .
BUT IF you dont get out of this unity unity lovey dovey mindset of non correction . IN TIME EVEN YOU WILL believe
that even the preaching of the gospel is getting only in the way . I have seen men jim .
I have seen them start out under that social gospel and in the beginning
they still would defend the need to both preach the gospel and believe it .
BUT the longer they stayed unequally yoked , THEY SOON even came against that . YOU WILLL TOO
if you do not GET off this social all inclusive gospel path . WE cannot be unequally yoked JIM .
GOD KNOWS and KNEW THAT . IF SO , YOU FALL AWAY . TIME TO CORRECT ERROR JIM , TIME to expose leaven
BEFORE IT LEAVENS UP FULL .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your posts are anything but loving. They are judgmental and self-righteous. How can you not see that?
I think you fail to realize people read your posts as that very thing.
You also insult manners if speech, and accuse people who disagree with you of being juvenile or childish. While you calling people names and using condescension and sarcasm is that very behavior.

These tactics will not change the mind of any Christian to see things as you do.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather odd jim . but lets give an example of hyprocrisy .
I warned us that pope francis is dangerous and false , or kenneth copeland .
You say not to say such a thing , that is condemning , judging .
YET you seemed to have no problems saying i myself was of the devil . OOPSY JIM
i thought we could not warn out against the church . SEE the social gospel
will accept all paths as valid , wont correct sin
BUT PHEW WEE , when TRUTH gets spoken or one comes along speaking truth , THEY THE DEVIL .
The social gospel has programmed yalls mind into accepting everything with a smile
BUT HOW DARE the TRUTH or those who speak it show up , they JUDGMENTAL . THEY the haters .
Exactly jim . The liberal and conservative theology of this super false social gospel
has CLOSED THE MINDS and HEARTS TO TRUTH .
and has opened it to lies and acceptance of sins and even others paths .
NOT all who sit under the social gospel have went as far as its leaders , BUT THEY WILL .
SOON enough to warn against sin , to even SAY ye must BELIEVE IN CHRIST
to even say muslims , buddists or etc , must repent and believe in CHRIST , will be seen as judgemental and non loving .
AND if you dont believe this , TRY EXAMINING what some of those who have long taught it are NOW saying .
You are headed down the wrong road . SURE i think you STILL believe that one must CONFESS JESUS by mouth
and believe from the heart that GOD has rose him from the dead to be saved .
BUT IF you dont get out of this unity unity lovey dovey mindset of non correction . IN TIME EVEN YOU WILL believe
that even the preaching of the gospel is getting only in the way . I have seen men jim .
I have seen them start out under that social gospel and in the beginning
they still would defend the need to both preach the gospel and believe it .
BUT the longer they stayed unequally yoked , THEY SOON even came against that . YOU WILLL TOO
if you do not GET off this social all inclusive gospel path . WE cannot be unequally yoked JIM .
GOD KNOWS and KNEW THAT . IF SO , YOU FALL AWAY . TIME TO CORRECT ERROR JIM , TIME to expose leaven
BEFORE IT LEAVENS UP FULL .
LOL!!! This is total, complete nonsense!!!

Again this is nothing more than your usual rant, justifying your unceasing criticism of those who Christ has chosen and loves.