gay christians?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm pretty educated on the subject. May I comment?

Did Honorius I ever 'speak from the chair?'
many speak not from the chair but rather from the cheeks seated upon the chair . winds of stink
they do teach . and those under them are as the star ship enterprise that circles uranus in search of the clingons
that cluster round that dark hole . Just a friendly reminder . beware the the doctrine and air of that which is seated upon the chair .

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SS, why are you tormenting common folk with critical theory? Is that really what you're here for?

Critical theory? (probably not what you meant)
Perhaps you are asking why I seem overly critical of a couple of lame-brained post replies?
The good news is... I'm done.

Reactions: Illuminator

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Y'all have drifted pretty far afield of the topic at hand.... maybe consider spinning out some new threads?

-it matters not to me-- but this thread began as an exploration of the question of compatibility within the term-- 'gay christians' and from there it's taken many turns, including the Catholic church's recent turn toward inclusionary positions that support the idea.

How recent is this about-face? It took only about ten years for a complete u-turn.

Francis’ predecessor, the late Pope Benedict XVI, also said in 2014 transgender people would be the next challenge faced by the church, calling it the “ultimate rebellion against God the Creator,” and in his 2012 Christmas address said it is a “profound falsehood” that people can identify with a gender not assigned at birth.

Compare this with what the Vatican now says-- In a document approved by Pope Francis, the Vatican declared transgender Catholics can be baptized, become godparents and be witnesses at Catholic weddings. In response to Dubia-- doubts people have about the church's positions-- the Pope pronounced the Church's continued progressive direction.

In October, Cardinal Víctor Manuel Fernández signed a statement, with the approval of Pope Francis, affirming that transgender people can be baptized, become official godparents, and act as a witness for weddings in the Catholic faith. That statement was made public this week, by the Vatican’s Dicastery for the Doctrine of the Faith and can be found here. In the last year alone, the Pope has taken many steps towards the inclusion of the LGBTQ+ community.

This Pope, wants you to pretend with him. He wants you to make-believe that men can now become women. It's become the church of the great pretenders.

I am not worried that some will throw in my face that I receive [transgender people] in the general audience on Wednesdays. They come from the hand of Sister Geneviève Jeanningros, a French nun of the Little Sisters of Jesus of Carlos de Foucauld dedicated to the circus ministry. The first time [the trans group] came and saw me, they left crying, saying that I shook their hand, gave a kiss… As if I had done something exceptional with them. But they are daughters of God! [God] still loves you just like that, just the way you are.

Love this post!
The group & song fit with you post so aptly.

Imposters of truth be pretending to be righteous when religious, pretending to be of God when their father is the one of lies !

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Translation , those who dont sit under the RCC doctrine dont agree with their plain and simple interpreation of scriptures .
THIS SONG and dance can go on all day and night . You can see errors in the mormon , jw , etc
BUT YOU CANNOT SEE your own organizations same desire and same approach And deadly errors .
OH YEAH IT BE BIBLE TIME . OH YES . you are every bit decieved as are those who sit under the very men
you accuse to be false . THEY all have two things in common , TWISTED DOCTRINE
for means of FOLLOWERS , for means of power and control . For means whereby the lie in wait to decieve .
BUT I DO have good news , THE SHEEP DONT HEED A ONE OF THEIR VOICES . MEN love to have pre emience
men love to steal the glory from GOD and give it unto themselves
and the lost who sit under them , ENVY THEM and thus they too desire to be as they are and to have what they have .
THAT IS WHY THEY BE DECIEVED . men tickle ears dude . but lambs DONT HEED A ONE OF THEM .
BIBLE TIME .
Obey those who rule over you, and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as those who must give account. Let them do so with joy and not with grief, for that would be unprofitable for you.

• Sad
Reactions: amigo de christo

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have a very odd idea about me. I've shared with you something, you do as you wish.

Much love!
Marks....to be honest....I don't even know WHAT you shared. I don't understand your point about "is of" is to translate "ginetai" which is a word that means the origin of something. It's related to genea, generate or make. NONE of it makes sense. I still don't know what you believe about 2 Peter 1:20 or the surrounding verses that put it into context.

I have made it clear that I agree with that passage. I agree that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

I SINCERLY do not understand what you think of that passage. I know you have done your best to explain it to me but what you have said makes no sense to me.

Sooooo I will just flat out ask: Do you think that YOU can privately interpret anything from Scripture?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Happens a lot! That's why we need to know for ourselves what God says, and submit ourselves in humilty to Him.

Much love!
How do you 'know for yourself' if someone else is twisting or distorting Scripture? If YOU decide they are then they are? Can you REALLY not see how that makes everything about Scripture about YOU and what YOU believe?

Goodness gracious .....

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have made it clear that I agree with that passage. I agree that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
This passage concerns the origin of prophecy, and does not address the interpretation.

You can make applications from the passage, and you need to be careful when you do that you don't exceed what the text tells us, and that you don't contradict other passages.

Do you agree that prophecy was not the opinions of the prophets, but that the writers were inspired by God? If you do, then you agree with the passage, and you will agree with me, because I believe what it says, and that is what it says.

Much love!

Reactions: Gabriel _Arch

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marks....to be honest....I don't even know WHAT you shared. I don't understand your point about "is of" is to translate "ginetai" which is a word that means the origin of something. It's related to genea, generate or make. NONE of it makes sense. I still don't know what you believe about 2 Peter 1:20 or the surrounding verses that put it into context.
And yet you seem so literate. Hm. Regardless,

When Peter wrote that prophecy is not of private interpretation, he used a Koine Greek work "ginetai", which tells us that Peter is speaking of where prophecy comes from, and not how we go about interpreting prophecy.

So when someone claims Peter is teaching us that we are not to use private interpretations to understand prophecies, this shows that they do not know the real meaning of the passage.

To be sure, it's somewhat obscured in some translations, though not all.

You asked for context:

2 Peter 1:15-2:3 KJV
15) Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance.
16) For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
17) For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
18) And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
19) We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
20) Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21) For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
1) But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2) And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3) And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

We haven't followed fables, we actually saw Jesus transfigured, we actually heard the voice from the cloud.

Be even so, more so, we have the prophecies. But it doesn't matter what we heard or saw, because we have the prophecies, more certain, because they came from God. Not fables.

And we need to heed the prophecies, because the prophets didn't just make them up, or write what they thought. No, it was holy men of God, that is, men set apart for His use, whom He carried along by His Holy Spirit to write what God said.

But there were false teachers also, just as there will be among you. False teachers among you, bringing in damnable heresies.

The context here is of the surpremecy of prophecy over personal experience, because prophecy is not person experience, it didn't come from just the prophet, it came from God.

But we have to be careful, because there are many people, even "among you", and they will have many followers.

Peter is saying, there is personal experience, even ours, which was real. And there are false teachers, who are going to turn you into cash cows. But stick with the more sure word of prophecy. Stick to what is written. Not your perceptions, and beware the false teachers.

Here is a great example of the very passage being misused is the very passage that refute the doctrine.

Much love!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you 'know for yourself' if someone else is twisting or distorting Scripture? If YOU decide they are then they are? Can you REALLY not see how that makes everything about Scripture about YOU and what YOU believe?

Goodness gracious .....
Can you not see that words have meanings?

Much love!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uh :rolleyes: that applies to God!
Lol Taken, you crack me up. Yup, axiomatic applies to God. But it also applies to our conversation.

I accused you of twisting Scripture. You asked for the evidence of you doing that. I said that the evidence is in your post which means that YOU provided the evidence you were asking me for!

Axiomatic means self-evident or taken for granted!

It is axiomatic that you twist Scripture if one just reads any of your posts.

Mary

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooooo I will just flat out ask: Do you think that YOU can privately interpret anything from Scripture?
No, Scripture is spiritually discerned, therefore I require the Holy Spirit to interpret for me.

Much love!

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False.

False.

No one can STOP another from privately interpreting Scripture.

Men IN Christ have ACCESS to RECEIVE Gods Interpretation of Gods Word.

Men IN Christ do not INTERPRET…they RECEIVE Gods INTERPRETATION.
Another bad encounter with a member of the encounter team....:vgood:

Thank you for your opinion Taken, but I will stick with LOGIC and SCRIPTURE.

I said that only men (of course I meant man or woman) filled by the Holy Spirit can interpret Scripture and that private interpretation is not allowed. You say "FALSE" to both and say that "No one can STOP another from privately interpreting Scripture."

In between my belly laughs and rolling on the floor in laughter I will type out a response :Laughingoutloud:

You are right taken. No one can stop another from privately interpreting Scripture. Goood job!:dusted: But LOGICALLY not every private interpretation is guided by the Holy Spirit. If all private interpretations were guided by the Holy Spirit, then how do you explain all the DIFFERENT INTERPRETATIONS OF ONE PASSAGE????????????? :watching and waiting: Do you really not see how illogical your opinion is?

So, I just showed you that your logic is flawed. What does Scripture say; no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. Men twist Scripture to their own destruction. Wow....that's wierd....Taken is wrong AGAIN!! :jest:

Now, on to your bizarre statement that "Men IN Christ have ACCESS to RECEIVE Gods Interpretation of Gods Word." And that those Men IN Christ do not INTERPRET…they RECEIVE Gods INTERPRETATION."

Sooooooooo Taken, how do those men in Christ "RECEIVE Gods INTERPRETATION."???? Maybe, just maybe, here me out........................THRU THE HOLY SPIRIT???????????????????? :joyful:Hurray, hurray someone is speaking logically!!

And if they didn't receive that interpretation thru the Holy Spirit would you, taken, really care what their interpretation is?

WHO decides which men are "in Christ" and "receive Gods interpretation"?

Do you have a list of those men taken? Are YOU one of those men taken?

Thank you for keeping the fun in funny......

Status
Not open for further replies.