gay christians?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Since all sins are already forgiven past present and future, why do so many Christians say people that are gay cannot be saved?

I went to school with a few people that were gay and they said they were Christians.

Change the title ' gay christian' to 'Serial killing christian' and ask yourself can they be saved, or are they a Christian?

Of course those in the lgtb lifestyle can be saved, just as a serial killer, a rapist, drunk, con artist, thief, or ordinary person can be saved.

BUT
Each and everyone of those groups has to change how they live.
That can take a lifetime, or it can be miraculous, but there has to be change, just as there is no such thing as a Christian who repeatedly murders people so there is no such thing as a gay christian lifestyle.

Reactions: Always

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since all sins are already forgiven past present and future, why do so many Christians say people that are gay cannot be saved?

I went to school with a few people that were gay and they said they were Christians.
Because being a Christian is an all consuming identity. One that precludes having an identity in a sinful practice.

According to Paul, homosexuality is a curse as the result of a sinful lifestyle as well as a sin in and of itself. It's impossible to have moral turpitude and a life inside of the Church.

I don't care what people say, I care what scriptures say. And you can either have homosexuality or Christ but you can't have both.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being a homosexual or any type of sinner and engaging willfully in sin is a gamble when you die of whether or not you go to hell.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being a homosexual or any type of sinner and engaging willfully in sin is a gamble when you die of whether or not you go to hell.
Oops.
I thought your signature line was your post.
I couldn't find who you were replying to. Then I realized that was your post.
I think I prefer your signature line.

1 John 4:7-10
7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

/

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Each and everyone of those groups has to change how they live.

One has to earn their salvation by changing the way they live and if they don't they lose their salvation and go to hell instead?

What happened to salvation being by faith alone plus nothing?

According to Paul, homosexuality is a curse as the result of a sinful lifestyle as well as a sin in and of itself.

Who decides what sinful lifestyle is exactly?

That would mean our future sins are not all forgiven then tight?

The other day someone posted a quote from paul that said all things are lawful but not all things were beneficial

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Indeed, same sex relations are sin...and yet all have sinned.

Likewise, even a murderer (just to name one other great sin among the many) can become a Christian. The issue then becomes one of repentance, that is, of changing from that life of sin, to "go and sin no more." Even so, who of their own strength can sin no more? But having confessed the sin and turning from it, if the sin lingers in our members, in our flesh--is it a sin to be weak? No, but to continue without change is. Therefore, if we have indeed changed in our heart, we will decrease, and He who has come to our aid will increase unto our perfection.

Therefore, love one another, but do not make allowances for sin to continue.

Last edited:

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lot's of people say they are Christians, and they lie, or are deceived. Do you want to please God?

So we decide if they are Christians are not?

It sounds like if we don't like something someone is doing an d they say they are Christian then we should disown them or something. Maybe not associate with them.

Is this what we are supposed to do?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One has to earn their salvation by changing the way they live and if they don't they lose their salvation and go to hell instead?

What happened to salvation being by faith alone plus nothing?

Who decides what sinful lifestyle is exactly?

That would mean our future sins are not all forgiven then tight?

The other day someone posted a quote from paul that said all things are lawful but not all things were beneficial
Who told you all your future sins are forgiven?

Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pretty much all Christians say this.

All the big time preachers teach this and they say it's part of eternal security belief
That's nonsense, virtually no one believes that. And anyone preaching that is a fraud:

2 Timothy 4:3-4 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.

1 John 3:[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. [10] In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
--- PARODY ---

Church Greeter: Welcome to church!
Church Visitor: Thanks, my first time here.
Church Greeter: Great, we are glad you are here. One question...
Church Visitor: Uh, okay. What is it?
Church Greeter: Are you LGBTQIA+ ?
Church Visitor: Um... that's not one thing, that's at least seven things. ???
Church Greeter: We just ask that you leave that at the door when you enter this holy place.
Church Visitor: Seriously?
Church Greeter: Yes, the Bible tells us that those things are evil, we want no evil here.
Church Visitor: You do know that there is a HUGE difference between LGBQ and TIA, right?
Church Greeter: Nope, all one thing to us. Sinful, very sinful.
Church Visitor: You can argue that LGBQ is not genetic, but clearly TIA are genetic.
Church Greeter: Sorry, I'm not studied in these things.
Church Visitor: Obviously.
Church Greeter: Are you LGBTQIA+, or not?
Church Visitor: I'm pretty sure this isn't going to work. Goodbye.

Indeed. What's wrong with this picture?

/

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It sounds like if we don't like something someone is doing an d they say they are Christian then we should disown them or something. Maybe not associate with them.

That's not at all what I wrote.

But I did ask you a question.

Do you want to please God?

Much love!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
--- PARODY ---

A straight son comes out to his gay parents.

Son: Dad, we need to talk.
Father: Sure son, what's on your mind?
Son: (gulp) I'm straight.
Father: Say what? ??? !!!
Son: That's right, I'm straight.
Father: Does your father know about this?
Son: No, I wanted to tell you first.
Father: I see. Better let me speak to him first.
Son: Thanks. I'm sorry, I don't mean to hurt either one of you.
Father: Yes, this is a disappointment. We thought we raised you right.
Son: You're fine. It's me. I can't deny my opposite sex attraction.
Father: What can I say? I remember coming out to my parents.
Son: Tell me what that was like.
Father: It was terrible. We didn't speak for years.
Son: Wow, I didn't know.
Father: I'm not going to treat you that way. I accept you as you are.
Son: (tears) Thanks, Dad. I love you.
Father: I'll speak with your father. Hopefully he will take it well too.
Son: I would like to bring my girlfriend home for Christmas.
Father: Whoa, you have a girlfriend? (gasp)
Son: Yes, of course.
Father: No worries. We'll get through this one step at a time.

/

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 Corinthians 5:11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.

12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.”

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's nonsense, virtually no one believes that. And anyone preaching that is a fraud

So far most people on the forum here have expressed that they believe this.

That's not at all what I wrote.

I never said that is what you wrote, just that what you wrote makes it sound as though we should not associate with people we disagree with.

Do you want to please God?

You mean like earning His approval so I can be saved? I heard about those that do lordship salvation where they believe they are only saved as long as their do good things that please the Lord

I was reading one preacher that was saying this is not what the bible teaches.

Do you try to please the Lord like this? What kind of good things do people do to please the Lord anyways?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So far most people on the forum here have expressed that they believe this.
That appears to be a protestant belief. No one else teaches that all your future sins are forgiven. I looked it up because I was actually shocked that someone would promote that all your future sins are forgiven.

Well if you believe you are saved and all your future sins are forgiven, then I would encourage you to study the bible carefully. Because it does not say that.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said that is what you wrote, just that what you wrote makes it sound as though we should not associate with people we disagree with.
You can take it that way, but that's not what I wrote. Simply stated, you shouldn't always believe just anything someone tells you. Anything beyond that you are adding.

You mean like earning His approval so I can be saved?
No I don't. It's a simple question. Do you desire to be pleasing to God?

Much love!

Status
Not open for further replies.