gay christians?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Scripture is spiritually discerned, therefore I require the Holy Spirit to interpret for me.

Much love!
Thank you for your honesty. So your answer is NO, you cannot privately interpret Scripture. But if you were filled with the Holy Spirit, you could interpret Scripture.

Based on what you wrote it sounds TO ME like you have had a personal experience with the Holy Spirit and you believe that the Holy Spirit has guided you to a proper interpretation of Scripture? I could be misreading what you said...but that is what it sounds like TO ME.

Mary

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your honesty.

Based on what you wrote it sounds TO ME like you have had a personal experience with the Holy Spirit and you believe that the Holy Spirit has guided you to a proper interpretation of Scripture?

Mary
Let's get back to Peter. This passage we've been discussing.

I'm interested in your reply to post 635.

Much love!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's get back to Peter. This passage we've been discussing.

I'm interested in your reply to post 635.

Much love!
Nope, ain't happening:

Based on what you wrote it sounds TO ME like you have had a personal experience with the Holy Spirit and you believe that the Holy Spirit has guided you to a proper interpretation of Scripture?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your constant mocking . . . I've resisted saying anything, but have you ever stopped to read your posts in that light?

Much love!
Here's the deal marks. If you can't handle my sense of humor let me know and I will stop "mocking" you. I am just having fun. Stop taking it personal. IT IS NOT PERSONAL. I type or emoji what emotion I feel or thought pops into my head when I read what you wrote.

If you want me to stop with my cute quips and emojis....I will stop. Just ask!!

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK. You don't want to get into the Scriptures to determine what they say.

Later!

Much love!
Nope, not true Marks. Stop twisting what is happening here. We were having a conversation. I asked you a question in that conversation. If you don't want to answer those questions just tell me....MARYMOG, I AIN'T ANSWERING THOSE QUESTIONS....MOVE ON (with a piece of straw hanging out of your mouth and a banjo playing in the background)

Mary

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's the deal marks. If you can't handle my sense of humor let me know and I will stop "mocking" you. I am just having fun. Stop taking it personal. IT IS NOT PERSONAL. I type or emoji what emotion I feel or thought pops into my head when I read what you wrote.

If you want me to stop with my cute quips and emojis....I will stop. Just ask!!

Mary
I look at how you reply not just to me, but to many others, and you don't fool me with your denial. I'll look at what you do, and not what you say about yourself.

It's NOT cute. It's not love. I'm don't care what you post to me, what emojis or whatever you use. Sense of humor. Right! And I'm the walrus!

Much love, and hope for something better in times to come!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry . . . I was being sarcastic. Personally, what it tells me about you is not something to smile about.

Much love!
I know you were sarcastic marks.............SO WAS I!!!!!

Goodness....I'm giving up on my humor and wit with you. Everything from here on out is going to be frank, boring and to the point.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I look at how you reply not just to me, but to many others, and you don't fool me with your denial. I'll look at what you do, and not what you say about yourself.

It's NOT cute. It's not love. I'm don't care what you post to me, what emojis or whatever you use. Sense of humor. Right! And I'm the walrus!

Much love, and hope for something better in times to come!
If you ignore the emoji's and funny quips you would see that I destroyed your logic and used Scripture to prove you wrong.

But instead refuting what I wrote you are focused on emoji's and quips....Just looking for a way that you can make Marymog the bad person in this conversation and not talk about your lack of logic OR Scripture to back up what you believe.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To avoid the topic we were discussing because it wasn't going the way you wanted, and I'm not playing that game.

Much love!
Lol....all of our conversations have gone the way I wanted. I have used Scripture and logic to deflate every opinion of yours.

let me look back at what topic I am avoiding....I thought I addressed everything but apparently I didn't...Stand by!!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet you seem so literate. Hm. Regardless,

When Peter wrote that prophecy is not of private interpretation, he used a Koine Greek work "ginetai", which tells us that Peter is speaking of where prophecy comes from, and not how we go about interpreting prophecy.

So when someone claims Peter is teaching us that we are not to use private interpretations to understand prophecies, this shows that they do not know the real meaning of the passage.

To be sure, it's somewhat obscured in some translations, though not all.

You asked for context:

2 Peter 1:15-2:3 KJV
15) Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance.
16) For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
17) For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
18) And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
19) We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
20) Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21) For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
1) But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2) And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3) And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

We haven't followed fables, we actually saw Jesus transfigured, we actually heard the voice from the cloud.

Be even so, more so, we have the prophecies. But it doesn't matter what we heard or saw, because we have the prophecies, more certain, because they came from God. Not fables.

And we need to heed the prophecies, because the prophets didn't just make them up, or write what they thought. No, it was holy men of God, that is, men set apart for His use, whom He carried along by His Holy Spirit to write what God said.

But there were false teachers also, just as there will be among you. False teachers among you, bringing in damnable heresies.

The context here is of the surpremecy of prophecy over personal experience, because prophecy is not person experience, it didn't come from just the prophet, it came from God.

But we have to be careful, because there are many people, even "among you", and they will have many followers.

Peter is saying, there is personal experience, even ours, which was real. And there are false teachers, who are going to turn you into cash cows. But stick with the more sure word of prophecy. Stick to what is written. Not your perceptions, and beware the false teachers.

Here is a great example of the very passage being misused is the very passage that refute the doctrine.

Much love!
THIS is a much better explanation of what you were TRYING to convey! Thank you....I now better understand what you were trying to say.

I agree with your statement, "We haven't followed fables, we actually saw Jesus transfigured, we actually heard the voice from the cloud.
Be even so, more so, we have the prophecies. But it doesn't matter what we heard or saw, because we have the prophecies, more certain, because they came from God. Not fables. The context here is of the surpremecy of prophecy over personal experience, because prophecy is not person experience, it didn't come from just the prophet, it came from God."

That statement is very well put. But vs 20 says that NO prophesy of Scripture is for private interpretation. 2 Peter was written in 68AD which means there was more Scripture to come that hadn't been written yet. MORE Scripture to come that unstable men could prophesy about. Vs 20 does not apply to past prophecies only. It applies to ALL prophecies, past or future. TO ME it seems you are saying it applies to PAST prophecies only? Am I misunderstanding you?

Mary

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO prophesy of Scripture is for private interpretation
The point is . . . that's not what it says. "is of private interpretation", that is, it did not come from - ginetai - the prophet's private interpretations.

Much love!

Reactions: Gabriel _Arch

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I destroyed your logic and used Scripture to prove you wrong.
Not at all. Clear away the smoke screen and there's nothing there.

Anyway, I've said what I've wanted to. I'm surprised you are having such a difficult time understanding what I'm saying here, but maybe there's just something you need that I can't give you so you can understand.

Much love!

Status
Not open for further replies.