GEN 1:1-2 SPEAKS MORE THAN CREATION!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Had satan not rebelled the earth would not had been destroyed and we not have been made flesh..

God created Adam after the 7th day so I would say He is not still at rest .

Genesis 2:2 "And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had made; and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had made."

Adam has yet to be created

Genesis 2:7 "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

The word "formed" is used [molded as clay] to describe the making of Adam. When man was formed he became a living creature. In the Hebrew it is "eth-ha-adham", which refers to the particular person "Adam", (not a generic form for man). The "Ha-Adham" [Adam] is the man that Christ will come forth through. Matthew 1:1-17, and Luke 3:23-38 both give us our documentation that this is true and did come to pass. Paul states in I Corinthians 15:21-23 that sin came into the world by the first Adam, but by the second Adam [Christ} all shall be made alive. Christ is the first fruits [to come out of the grave to everlasting life], and then "they that are Christ's at His coming". There was death by the first Adam, and salvation by Christ Himself.
first thanks for the reply, but sorry, man was formed on DAY 3. see Genesis 2:4-7 and tell us what day was the grass and herbs and trees came?

PICJAG.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Or...a dark abyss was formed when God cast Satan from His presence, and then God shone in that darkness and created, and the darkness can never overcome the Light.

The beginning of the gospel of John leads us to the beginning of Genesis.
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Yes!

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, but sorry, man was formed on DAY 3. see Genesis 2:4-7 and tell us what day was the grass and herbs and trees came?

PICJAG.
Sorry

man was created on day 6

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the heavens, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 And God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28 And God blessed them: and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the heavens, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. 29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb yielding seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for food: 30 and to every beast of the earth, and to every bird of the heavens, and to everything that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, [I have given] every green herb for food: and it was so. 31 And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And evening and morning were the sixth day

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry

man was created on day 6

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the heavens, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 And God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28 And God blessed them: and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the heavens, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. 29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb yielding seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for food: 30 and to every beast of the earth, and to every bird of the heavens, and to everything that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, [I have given] every green herb for food: and it was so. 31 And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And evening and morning were the sixth day
first thanks for the reply, second ERROR on your part, "MANKIND", the male and the female was made on day 6... :D

look at what you posted. was man formed on Day 6 or was he made "Male" and "Female" on day 6.

PICJAG.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Yes!

And then if you read further in John, he begins calling the Word, the Light. And since this is days before the sun and moon, this Light is Jesus. And if Jesus is the Light, who is the darkness?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, second ERROR on your part, "MANKIND", the male and the female was made on day 6... :D

look at what you posted. was man formed on Day 6 or was he made "Male" and "Female" on day 6.

PICJAG.

It says Adam was made first then eve mankind was created on day 6

mom day three all that was created or brought forth was the plant life. There was no animal life created on day three nor was man created on day three

the passages in gen 2 you gave does not say man was created on day three

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if you look in Strongs, it is possible to arrive here: and the light He called, day - glorious, everlasting and the darkness He called night - misery, a twist away of the light.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And then if you read further in John, he begins calling the Word, the Light. And since this is days before the sun and moon, this Light is Jesus. And if Jesus is the Light, who is the darkness?
I would say darkness is not a who but a place. The place is outside the light. Today Lucifer rules that place

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or...a dark abyss was formed when God cast Satan from His presence, and then God shone in that darkness and created, and the darkness can never overcome the Light.

The beginning of the gospel of John leads us to the beginning of Genesis.

@Rocky Wiley & @stunnedbygrace

That idea is of a false teaching that has its origin from Satanism where God was being jealous of Satan to destroy the earth and did His "recreation". FYI

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It says Adam was made first then eve mankind was created on day 6

mom day three all that was created or brought forth was the plant life. There was no animal life created on day three nor was man created on day three

the passages in gen 2 you gave does not say man was created on day three
let us help you out, listen to these verse very carefully.
Genesis 2:18 "And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. NOTICE ADAM WAS "ALONE".

Genesis 2:19 "And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. (STOP, read that again).
JUST STOP and think, Adam the man was here before the animals, and was “Alone”. and God formed out of the ground the animals and brought them to Adam, so Adam was here before the animals. now think, what day was the fowl of the air made? lets see, Genesis 1:20 "And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven”. now what day was that? lets see, Genesis 1:23 "And the evening and the morning were the fifth day”. already you’re in deep trouble, for if Adam was made on day 6 and the the fowl of the air which was made on day 5 then you’re really in trouble, for the Land animals was made after Adam was already here. (are the light bulbs coming on now?).

we suggest you read those verses again.

I’ll be out this morning but we can take this up later today.

PICJAG.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say darkness is not a who but a place. The place is outside the light. Today Lucifer rules that place

Hmm...why would the place be there, where there is no Light, unless someone was there? Why does Light make a dark place where It is not?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enter a room with no windows in it, like a powder room. Close the door. You are in darkness. How can the darkness be made light? By turning on the light to shine in the dark place.

Can darkness come if you stand there long enough? Can darkness decide to appear? No. The only way to make darkness is to turn off the light. This is how God can say, "I create the darkness."

Darkness is not a positive creation. It is a negative creation. Can darkness, if it so desires, overcome the light? No. Can light, If it so desires, overcome the darkness? Yes.

Light rules over darkness.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not grasping what you are trying to say here.

What is stated in the OP has its origin from Satanism which said that the earth was made void by God because of His jealousy of Satan in his creative work. Believers should not allow for such ideas being inserted into His words to sow doubts for the evolution theory when they shouldn't, considering its origin.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is stated in the OP has its origin from Satanism which said that the earth was made void by God because of His jealousy of Satan in his creative work. Believers should not allow for such ideas being inserted into His words to sow doubts for the evolution theory when they shouldn't, considering its origin.

I just thought the op saw something and was wondering about what he saw and desired a conversation. I just saw curiosity and wondering. He wasn't making any dogmatic statement. People need to have the freedom to wonder and to search scripture.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just thought the op saw something and was wondering about what he saw and desired a conversation. I just saw curiosity and wondering. He wasn't making any dogmatic statement. People need to have the freedom to wonder and to search scripture.

I understand that for why I am pointing out that the notion is not an original idea but has its roots in Satanism.

The way he was going, I believe he had reached a conclusion rather than a query on what he is sharing.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We reach and discard many conclusions as we learn and grow.

God be willing, but we do that by rightly dividing the word of truth in the scripture rather than leave an error undiscerned and thus unreproved in a thread.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 2:18 "And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. NOTICE ADAM WAS "ALONE".

Genesis 2:19 "And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. (STOP, read that again).
JUST STOP and think, Adam the man was here before the animals, and was “Alone”. and God formed out of the ground the animals and brought them to Adam, so Adam was here before the animals. now think, what day was the fowl of the air made? lets see, Genesis 1:20 "And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven”. now what day was that? lets see, Genesis 1:23 "And the evening and the morning were the fifth day”. already you’re in deep trouble, for if Adam was made on day 6 and the the fowl of the air which was made on day 5 then you’re really in trouble, for the Land animals was made after Adam was already here. (are the light bulbs coming on now?).

PICJAG.
Who is us?

all you have done is proven the animals and birds were created and Adam names them. This does not prove Adam was created on third day

Adam was created in Gods Image correct? That was accomplished on day six. Which fits. The animals and birds were already here

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA

PICJAG.
CONFUSION:

In Gen 1 - male and female God created

In Gen 2 - LORD God formed man - Adam only, no female