GEN 1:1-2 SPEAKS MORE THAN CREATION!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
supportive scripture, Hebrews 4:4 "For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
Hebrews 4:5 "And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
Hebrews 4:6 "Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
Hebrews 4:7 "Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
Hebrews 4:8 "For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. (that EIGHTH DAY, (BINGO).
Hebrews 4:9 "There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
Hebrews 4:10 "For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
Hebrews 4:11 "Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief".

so … “TODAY”, yes “TODAY” right NOW, God is still in his REST. so those six days, (yowm), to labor are not in “ACTUAL" 24hrs. Days in comparison to his, (GOD'S), “DAYS” of creation. those DAYS of creation are “L O N G", had to stretche it out a bit, you get the picture, real LONG, more than a 24hr. solar day, (yowm) . so those six days, (yowm), in Genesis chapter 1, as (you think) are NOT literal six solar days, (yowm), as you "THINK" in belif. that LIE, (the 24hrs literal), for a six "DAY" creation have fallen flat on it face. we suggest you "RE-NEW your MIND.

Hebrews 4:1-11 is about God resting from having saved us by way of Jesus Christ. That is the only reason for referencing the sabbath day so that believers will cease from their own works as God has in having saved us. Now saved, we run that race by faith in Jesus Christ to help us lay aside every weight & sin as our confidence is in Him to finish His work in us in "perfecting us" after He has saved us so He can receive us as vessels unto honor.

we keep telling you the 24hr. solar day is for us and not God.

No. The evening and morning the first day was signifying what the first day creation was about; to establish what a day is.

so the Exodus 20:11 scripture are literal 24hrs solar days FOR MEN, but not to be compared “ACTUALLY” to the six day of God’s creation in equal comparison. those six literal days are only an “Analogy” to the six day in creation.

I hope some … “Light” has shined into your hearts.

How about the sunlight on plant life? How long do you think plant life can survive after having been created with no sunlight? And yet the sun, the moon, and the stars ( the heavens ) were created the next day. Think your application will allow for plant life to survive by however long you seem to think a creation day was in Genesis?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 4:1-11 is about God resting from having saved us by way of Jesus Christ.
First thanks for the reply. second, ERROR, he rested from "his" creative work.
No. The evening and morning the first day was signifying what the first day creation was about; to establish what a day is.
ERROR again, Genesis 1:5 "And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
wer past tense.
How about the sunlight on plant life? How long do you think plant life can survive after having been created with no sunlight? And yet the sun, the moon, and the stars ( the heavens ) were created the next day. Think your application will allow for plant life to survive by however long you seem to think a creation day was in Genesis?
sunlight just don't contain light, but is a spectrum of many things, we suggest you read up on what sunligh and plants have in common. some plants don't even need sunlight at all.

I have seen this kind of think many times before. but it's natural . as said one might want to reaffirm oneself with basic biology to really understand Genesis chapter 1, 2 and 3.

PICJAG.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First thanks for the reply. second, ERROR, he rested from "his" creative work.

Hebrews 4:1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. 2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3 For we which have believed do enter into rest,
as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

That was about faith in Jesus Christ for salvation by believing the gospel preached. What foolows next is the reference to the sabbath day asn an analogy of that rest in Jesus Christ for salvation.

Hebrews 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. 5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. 6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

So those who did not enter into His rest; Jesus Christ, was due to unbelief towards the gospel that was preached to them.

Hebrews 4:7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. 8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. 9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. 10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. 11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

This was not about the sabbath day but about the rest Jesus provided for us in obtaining salvation when we believed in Him to be saved.

ERROR again, Genesis 1:5 "And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
wer past tense.

Evening and morning makes the day the first day and every day.

sunlight just don't contain light, but is a spectrum of many things, we suggest you read up on what sunligh and plants have in common. some plants don't even need sunlight at all.

By your application then, the plants that we have today are the ones that survive that length of time without sunlight? Doesn't align nor cab it apply, brother, especially when you admit not all plants that we have now survive without sunlight.

I have seen this kind of think many times before. but it's natural . as said one might want to reaffirm oneself with basic biology to really understand Genesis chapter 1, 2 and 3.

PICJAG.

I believe it is wisdom from the Lord that is required here to see the truth in His words in rightly dividing the word of truth and not just discerning the basic facts of biology in real science of what can be observed and proven by men.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 4:1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. 2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3 For we which have believed do enter into rest,
as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

That was about faith in Jesus Christ for salvation by believing the gospel preached. What foolows next is the reference to the sabbath day asn an analogy of that rest in Jesus Christ for salvation.

Hebrews 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. 5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. 6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

So those who did not enter into His rest; Jesus Christ, was due to unbelief towards the gospel that was preached to them.

Hebrews 4:7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. 8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. 9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. 10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. 11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

This was not about the sabbath day but about the rest Jesus provided for us in obtaining salvation when we believed in Him to be saved.

Evening and morning makes the day the first day and every day.

By your application then, the plants that we have today are the ones that survive that length of time without sunlight? Doesn't align nor cab it apply, brother, especially when you admit not all plants that we have now survive without sunlight.

I believe it is wisdom from the Lord that is required here to see the truth in His words in rightly dividing the word of truth and not just discerning the basic facts of biology in real science of what can be observed and proven by men.
first thanks for the reply and this will be my last comment here, Joel 2:32 "And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call".

Salvation started when Adam and Eve sinned, has anyone entered into his "REST" since the beginning? Roman 3:10 answered that for us. now the question, when did they, (Adam and Eve) sin? (no one knows that but God himself), but we do know from the written record, not as soon as God rested from his work. how do we know this? for Adam and Eve had many children in the Garden before they was kicked out of it. and Children don't come in a 24hr. period. and for us who followed in sin clearly shows that the seventh day of rest is still in effect. so if one is save now or when the point is and still stand the "DAY" of rest is not a 24hr. "DAY", that's clear as ...DAY. and the six days of creation are not 24hr days.

PICJAG.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply and this will be my last comment here, Joel 2:32 "And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call".

Salvation started when Adam and Eve sinned, has anyone entered into his "REST" since the beginning? Roman 3:10 answered that for us. now the question, when did they, (Adam and Eve) sin? (no one knows that but God himself), but we do know from the written record, not as soon as God rested from his work. how do we know this? for Adam and Eve had many children in the Garden before they was kicked out of it. and Children don't come in a 24hr. period. and for us who followed in sin clearly shows that the seventh day of rest is still in effect. so if one is save now or when the point is and still stand the "DAY" of rest is not a 24hr. "DAY", that's clear as ...DAY. and the six days of creation are not 24hr days.

PICJAG.

Adam and Eve did not have many children before they were kicked out of the Garden of Eden. The fact that God had only address Adam and Eve for the offense and none of their children is proof wherefore He kicked them out.

Genesis 3:22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: 23 Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. 24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Singular man and being joined to his wife, she is one with him to be kicked out also.

That is why your conclusion of children not being born in a 24 hour day does not apply because there wasn't any yet.

So when did this fall of man had occurred? Not in that seven days week period where God rested on the seventh day from His six days of creation.

More than likely, the fall took place on the first day of the week after that day of rest as it was after the fall was when Adam & Eve got busy multiplying.

Indeed, part of that command/curse was how she was going to travail in child birth as one that had not been through it yet.

Genesis 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Nobody else was in the Garden of Eden when Adam and Eve had sinned as scripture was specific as to who hid and why.

Genesis 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons. 8 And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.

So it is wrong to assume children were there with them when scripture leaves no room for them seeing how God punished Adam and Eve and then the devil last with nary a thought to the assumed children you seem to think were with them because they had not been born yet.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the field is a part of the earth not the whole earth, it is where a farmer would work
Gen 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
a farmer would till the ground

Gen 2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
Adam is in a garden, which we think of as being on a farm.

Gen 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air;
beast of the field - farm animals cattle, horses, chickens, etc.

Gen 2:20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
I agree with the above.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...each day was over a thousand years to give plants time to grow and reproduce, animals to do the same...
I believe God is smart enough to create whatever he wants, fully grown and populated, in a split second if he wanted.

As others have suggested, it's always best to not limit God's power.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Beginning to think that there is more here than just creation.

God doesn't create something without form and void. So it had to become that away. A previous earth with people that was destroyed by the works of Satan. This would explain the bones of humans and animals that go back thousands of years. Why not, it would agree with scientist that put the age back that far. I feel sure that God would not create something that he made to look like something it isn't.

Believing the above does not take away anything we already know, it expands it.
God did create something without form and void because he wasn't finished. You are reading into this something that is not there.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Beginning to think that there is more here than just creation.

God doesn't create something without form and void. So it had to become that away. A previous earth with people that was destroyed by the works of Satan. This would explain the bones of humans and animals that go back thousands of years. Why not, it would agree with scientist that put the age back that far. I feel sure that God would not create something that he made to look like something it isn't.

Believing the above does not take away anything we already know, it expands it.
These scientists you speak of a generally atheists. They are trying to pull us their way into the million/billion year theory.

They even lie to us that visible stars are billions of light years away.(hundreds of light years tops)

They think we are stupid, but the fact is, we are naive.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe God is smart enough to create whatever he wants, fully grown and populated, in a split second if he wanted.

As others have suggested, it's always best to not limit God's power.
Amen

each animal plant was created after its own kind fully functioning. Adam was created fully functioning

Reactions: Base12

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These scientists you speak of a generally atheists. They are trying to pull us their way into the million/billion year theory.

They even lie to us that visible stars are billions of light years away.(hundreds of light years tops)

They think we are stupid, but the fact is, we are naive.
Amen

again the flood explains most science of the earth that we see today. When we look it is no longer a mystery

Reactions: Truther

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
God did create something without form and void because he wasn't finished. You are reading into this something that is not there.

I ask myself, why would God make something without form and void? The earth would be the only thing he ever created that he didn't finish.

I feel that the earth was populated at an earlier time, primarily because of bones of humans and animals that have been found and date back several thousands of years ago.

I don't believe that God would just plant bones to fool us into thinking there were others in the past.

We know that Satan has control of this earth, and he wants to destroy it and maybe he actually did at one time.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't believe that God would just plant bones to fool us into thinking there were others in the past.
When there was a Flood at the time of Noah, millions of bones were planted in the soil. So why are you wondering about those bones? You are trying to resurrect a theory about creation which has been thoroughly debunked.

BTW the term "fossil fuels" ( which today is accepted as gospel truth) is totally incorrect. Subterranean oil did not come from dinosaurs.

"A study published in Science Magazine today presents new evidence supporting the abiotic theory for the origin of oil, which asserts oil is a natural product the Earth generates constantly rather than a "fossil fuel" derived from decaying ancient forests and dead dinosaurs.

The lead scientist on the study ? Giora Proskurowski of the School of Oceanography at the University of Washington in Seattle ? says the hydrogen-rich fluids venting at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean in the Lost City Hydrothermal Field were produced by the abiotic synthesis of hydrocarbons in the mantle of the earth."

Discovery backs theory oil not 'fossil fuel' - WND

Reactions: Dcopymope

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ask myself, why would God make something without form and void? The earth would be the only thing he ever created that he didn't finish.
Again, that is not right. Where does it say he did not finish it? He did finish it.
I feel that the earth was populated at an earlier time, primarily because of bones of humans and animals that have been found and date back several thousands of years ago.
According to man. Those dating methods are unreliable.

We know that Satan has control of this earth, and he wants to destroy it and maybe he actually did at one time.
Scripture doesn't say that.

You are adding things to Scripture that simply are not there.

Reactions: Dcopymope

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ask myself, why would God make something without form and void?
I'm almost done making another movie that goes into great detail on your question.

Here is a slide from it...

full

Long story short, the Creation Account contains extremely advanced concepts that the Scientific Community is just now beginning to grasp.

Those who 'dumb down' the information contained in those verses simply aren't going to understand the profound significance of what is being taught.

We are talking about M-Theory and Particle Physics here.

The ancient depictions and interpretations were actually closer to the Truth than modern ones...

full

The 'Waters Above' is *not* clouds in Earth's Atmosphere, but rather it's the Sea of Glass 'Dimensional Barrier' that separates our Universe from the Spirit World.

Conversely, the 'Waters Below' is the Bottomless Pit (Abyss) that was created in Genesis 1:1, *not* Earth's oceans. It is the Dimensional Plane that separates our Universe from the Underworld.

God took the 2D Dimensional Plane (without form and void) and separated it into 3D, thus creating the Macrocosm of Outer Space...

full

Earth and its oceans were actually created here...

Genesis 1:10
"And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good"

Day and Night are metaphors for Truth and Ignorance...

full

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm almost done making another movie that goes into great detail on your question.

Here is a slide from it...

full

Long story short, the Creation Account contains extremely advanced concepts that the Scientific Community is just now beginning to grasp.

Those who 'dumb down' the information contained in those verses simply aren't going to understand the profound significance of what is being taught.

We are talking about M-Theory and Particle Physics here.

The ancient depictions and interpretations were actually closer to the Truth than modern ones...

full

The 'Waters Above' is *not* clouds in Earth's Atmosphere, but rather it's the Sea of Glass 'Dimensional Barrier' that separates our Universe from the Spirit World.

Conversely, the 'Waters Below' is the Bottomless Pit (Abyss) that was created in Genesis 1:1, *not* Earth's oceans. It is the Dimensional Plane that separates our Universe from the Underworld.

God took the 2D Dimensional Plane (without form and void) and separated it into 3D, thus creating the Macrocosm of Outer Space...

full

Earth and its oceans were actually created here...

Genesis 1:10
"And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good"

Day and Night are metaphors for Truth and Ignorance...

full
The fountains of the great deep burst I open causing the flood

the firmament broke up when this happened

it is called the earths crust

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

thanks for the thoughts.
the bible is clear, Adam was the First man, and Eve the first woman. scripture 1 Corinthians 15:45 "And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit”. so without a doubt in my mind Adam was the first man. now, your question about the bones. there was many of bones by Adam and eve having Children in the Garden. scripture, Genesis 1:28 "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth”. at this point, Adam and eve was not in sin and they did what God commanded, they was fruitful and multiplied. I base this on two scriptures, for right now, Genesis 3:16 "Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee”. here the term, “conception”, is the Hebrew word, H2032 הֵרוֹן herown (hay-rone') n-m.
הֵרָיוֹן herayown (hay-raw-yone')
pregnancy.
[from H2029]
KJV: conception.

and, “sorrow”, H6093 עִצָּבוֹן `itstsabown (its-tsaw-ɓone') n-m.
worrisomeness, i.e. labor or pain.
[from H6087]
KJV: sorrow, toil.
Root(s): H6087

knowing this, if God is going to greatly multiply her labor pain in pregnancy this means she had children before without “GREAT” Labor pain. but now because she has sinned, that Labor pain will be “GREATLY” Increase.

it’s a scientific fact that you cannot “INCREASE” something unless it have already happen. example, I can only increase my speed in my car unless I’m already in motion. so I must be in motion first to “INCREASE” my speed.

so one cannot greatly multiply something that has not already happen. God just told you that Adam and Eve had children in the garden before they sinned.

it’s so easy to understand the word of God if one just … READ his word.

now another scripture that backs this up. Genesis 3:20 "And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living”. this is what I like about the KJV of the bible, it leaves no stone unturned. the key words here are 1. “WAS”, and 2. "Mother".

was is a Past tense designation, meaning at the time of the statement the action has already happen, she was the “MOTHER” of all LIVING, why because now in sin every child she bring into the world is sinfully “DEAD” to God. that’s why we need to be BORN AGAIN.

so it’s clear as Day that Eve had Children in the garden before and after she sinned.

PICJAG.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fountains of the great deep burst I open causing the flood

the firmament broke up when this happened

it is called the earths crust

The water under the crust of the earth as well as that of the sky itself water boarded all life, and the firmament is defined as the sky according to the creation account.

(Genesis 1:6-8) "¶ And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. {7} And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. {8} And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day."

(Genesis 7:11) "¶ In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened."

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ask myself, why would God make something without form and void?

Before Michelangelo made his various sculptures, the marble his work was made out of was without form and void. Before a painter begins his work, there is nothing there but a canvas. In a sense, his work is without form and void. With the creation account, it was the same case for God, the ultimate artist, the ultimate craftsman.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before Michelangelo made his various sculptures, the marble his work was made out of was without form and void. Before a painter begins his work, there is nothing there but a canvas. In a sense, his work is without form and void. With the creation account, it was the same case for God, the ultimate artist, the ultimate craftsman.
Yeah, this whole thread is based on a complete misunderstanding of terms.