genesis question...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(crooner;29571)
But I take it for what it is ,not add to it
Yea. Let me ask you a question. What is the point of Christ coming through the descendant of Adam if Satan lineage (Cain - Kenites) is also of Adam?Christ and Satan can never mix.Many, I mean many people are taking this guesswork, and saying everybody's parents is Adam & Eve.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(crooner;29571)
But I take it for what it is ,not add to it
Thats the whole thing though crooner that is frustrating read the verse as though you had never heard anything else beforeGenesis 1:27, 28, 31 --- So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.very simple if you did not know what comes next this verse makes perfect sense and says exactly what it say God created man male and female the endIt is no confusing it tells what God did.people keep saying it is not written but it is.Its only when we move forward past the day of rest that man got confused because they assumed Adam was the first man rather than the first of his special kind. Men not understanding yet then went back and said oh if Adam was firstthen verse 1:27 must be him it was a wrong conclusionIt happened just as God wrote itHe created man male and female told them to be fruitful and multiplythen rested the EndLater after he rested he had no one to till the soil(a farmer)what is a farmer the seed planter to grow crops he needed a seed (Christ)planter(a bloodline of the seed of Christ) to grow the crop of believersThats when he created the Adam (THE MAN) the till of the soil.

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(kriss;29580)
Its only when we move forward past the day of rest that man got confused because they assumed Adam was the first man rather than the first of his special kind. .
Where does it say that Adam was a "special kind?"

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
The hebrew it uses a differnt word meaning THE MAN as opposed to the generic term man its like saying men talk as opposed to I talked to that manAnd it is also quite obvious if you use reasoning He was put in special Garden whereasthe 6th day creation were told to replenish and subdue the earth Adam was confined to a place the Garden we also know Adam was the first in the bloodline of ChristHow can you even question that Adam was a special Man with a specific purpose?

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
KrissThats where I have a problem. It seems to me God is refering to Adam and Eve in Gen 1Show me how I am wrong.

JIP

Dec 7, 2007
Genesis chapter 1 is the restoration of the earth. As it stated in Isa 45:18 the purpose of the earth was to be inhabited and God being a God of purpose created man.After the restoration God’s first creation was "The man Adam'. According to Genesis 1:26-28 man was created the sixth day to rule and reign. This is what is meant by having dominion. Mans purpose was to replace Lucifer as ruler. Heb 2:5-8 reveals Gods plan in stating that the angels will no longer rule in the world to come. Scripture shows that the creation of man was a direct intervention by God, and because of this special creation Adam is seen as the Son of God (Luke 3:38). Another Point that is shown in Genesis is the fact that God tests every thing that he is well pleased with. In Gen 1:24-31 God created man and stated in 1:31 what He saw was very good. Immediately after this announcement God tested man (Gen 2:16-17). In Matthew 3:17 God made public His pleasure in His Son, and immediately following in Matthew 4:1 Jesus is led into the wilderness to be tested.Man, a new creation unknown in the Angelic world was created immediately after the restoration of the ruined creation with the purpose of ruling and reining the restored kingdom. Made in the image and likeness of God (Gen 1:26) he was apparently enswathed in a covering of glory, light, for God is light (1 John 1:5), which had to do with the visible presence of God at all times.Aren't these facts enough to point out the significance of man immaterial whether he has sinned or fallen after his creation. Having dominion over Lucifer is special as far as I am concerned.

Agape

Dec 24, 2007
(thesuperjag;29569)
Is it me or is it people becoming so stubborn and doesn't want God? I'm like dead serious, Christianity has gone so anti, because the fact is like saying "Hey I don't want God to correct me, I rather correct men with men's tradition and pagan doctrines but not the Word. (still men)"
I agree! I have never seen so much disrespect and mishandling of God's precious Word in all my years like I see going on in Christiandom today. Too many Christians are not studying the Word according to 2 Timothy 2:15 and therefore misinterpret and misunderstand the Scriptures. I have to wonder if Christians who give their personal and bias opinions of God and His Word care enough to want to know what God truly communicates about Himself, and His Son, Jesus Christ via His Word?!For example, God says He formed, made, and created Adam and Eve. But there are Christians who say there were other human beings that God created because it is not possible that all the different races are descendants of only one man, Adam. God must have left something out or made a big mistake or something because I cannot figure it out or I do not understand. So then they begin to write their own bible and tell everyone else who believes exactly what God says they are wrong. And some even get real nasty if you don't "agree" with theory that is totally lacking in supportive evidence from Scripture.God is not a man that He should lie. and does not make any mistakes with His Word, which He has magnified above all His name. It's people who make the mistakes when it comes to God's Word...NOT God. God meands what He says and says what He means God SAYS HE formed, made and created Adam and Eve. God DOES NOT SAY He formed, made and created other groups of people before, during, or after Adam and Eve. This idea is not recorded anywhere in the Scriptures.All races are descendants of only one man, Adam. To the human, finite mind, this may seem impossilbe. Nevertheless, it is what the Word of God says. With men it may seem impossible, but with God all things are possible. If we trust God and stay within the perimeters of what God clearly teaches in His Word God will give us the understanding. However, there are Christians who do the contrary and go outside the perimeters of God's Word. They do not bother to do 2 Timothy 2:15 or Acts 17:11. Instead, they will add to, subtract from, rationalize, compromise and completely change the Truth of God's Word and make It say whatever they want it to say or whatever they "think" it should or should not say. No wonder there are Christians today who are spiritually blinded. It's just like what you said, Christianity has gone so anti, because the fact is like saying "Hey I don't want God to correct me, I rather correct men with men's tradition and pagan doctrines but not the Word. (still men)"The Word of God declares in the Book of Geneis that God "in the beginning" created male and female (Adam and Eve) in His image (Spirit)....period. God means what He says and says what He means...... Therefore ALL races are descendants of one man, Adam. The Word of God doesn’t always specify answers to questions we may have, such as, how can all races come from one man. Because people want to know what God has not specified in His Word, they start to speculate. This is not sin as long as we don’t turn our answers into dogma What we "think" is just that --- not revelation. However, God gave us good common sense and when we use it we can have answers but they must always line up with, and not contradict the Word of God. To say all races did not come from Adam contradicts what is written in Genesis 1 and 2 . . . and in Acts 17.Acts 17:26 --- And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth....OF [God made U]ONE BLOOD--LIFE [/U] which is in the blood (Lev. 17:11) for ALL NATIONS of men to live on ALL the face of the earth!:blessyou: --> Jag Agape

Squeak

Nov 13, 2007
I don't see where there is any 8th day creation. The bible doesn't say anything about an 8th day. It details everything he created in Genesis chapter 1 in days 1 through 6 and that God rested on the 7th day.Genesis 2 starts off saying "Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array." If everything was completed, there was no need (an no mention) of God creating on an 8th day since it says it was "completed".Starting at Gen 2:4 "This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created"....seems to me to be a more detailed account of how "man" came about not a completely separate 8th day of God creating.As far as everyone coming from Adam and Eve, from what I have read this is what I believe. Races aren't different "kinds" of people we are all human but the only difference is differences in colour of various parts (eyes, hair, skin). We essentially all have the same cell structure. If different skin colour meant we were a different "kind" of human, then wouldn't it then be a sin to procreate with someone who has different coloured skin or hair or eyes than you? Don't we all have the genes in us to create different skin colour, hair colour, eye colour in us? Isn't it merely the combination of the genes that cause the result?I am blond hair, blue eyed, caucasion complexion. My husband is black haired, brown eyed, Asian complexion. My kids don't have black or blonde hair, they all have various colours of brown hair, various colours of brown eyes and various skin colours also. So I guess they aren't included in any "race" that God created initially if he created races separately to reproduce "after their own kind".Any other explanation just doesn't make sense to me.

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
Genesis is not exclusive either way, but what is, is that all present day human beings descended from Adam and Eve because Noah and his seed were their descendants.These arguments do not build up the body for in truth it is the importance that we believe all life came from God and that he has always had a plan for us before we were made. Today is about living in the truth and becoming alive to God through the knowledge of Christ and so being transformed here to the people of God.If we have Christ and the Father, do we really need to have all the details like how God changed the soil into a man and then breathed life into him?Is it not enough that Christ is here now with us through Gods presence in the Spirit and that we can know it is true because he spoke it?Jesus Christ like Adam was made flesh by the power of God, Christ being the Son of God and the Son of Man born of Spirit and Flesh. Whilst the first Adam made flesh by God but both sons. Luke 3:38 (King James Version) 38.Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.John 1:11-14. 11.He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12.But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13.Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 14.And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. This should teach us that fleshly things play no part in who we are in God.Faithful.

Agape

Dec 24, 2007
So How Can All Races Come From Adam, Only One Man!? :confused::study: Acts 17:26 --- And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth....If all nations come from the same blood, our soul life being derived from one common source (Adam), why are there so many physical variations among people? For instance, why are some people white, some yellow, some black, and some red? How does one account for all this? To understand physical variations, we must have a knowledge of genes and chromosones and dominant and recessive characteristics. Mendel's Law explains the process of dominant and recessive characteristics in plants and animals. Breeding controls or determines the variations within species.In the beginning of man, the variations the gene which determined the coloring of the skin carried both the dark and light characteristics. After generations of the darker-skinned marrying the darker-skinned and fairer-skinned marrying fairer-skinned people, eventually strains end up with darker darks and lighter lights than originally existed, all due to natural selection and dominant characteristics. Thus came about the different colors and different races of men that dwell upon the face of the earth today. It does not contradict any of God's Word and it does not contradict the science of genetics,:blessyou:Agape

Agape

Dec 24, 2007
(Squeak;29750)
I don't see where there is any 8th day creation. The bible doesn't say anything about an 8th day. It details everything he created in Genesis chapter 1 in days 1 through 6 and that God rested on the 7th day.Genesis 2 starts off saying "Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array." If everything was completed, there was no need (an no mention) of God creating on an 8th day since it says it was "completed".Starting at Gen 2:4 "This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created"....seems to me to be a more detailed account of how "man" came about not a completely separate 8th day of God creating.As far as everyone coming from Adam and Eve, from what I have read this is what I believe. Races aren't different "kinds" of people we are all human but the only difference is differences in colour of various parts (eyes, hair, skin). We essentially all have the same cell structure. If different skin colour meant we were a different "kind" of human, then wouldn't it then be a sin to procreate with someone who has different coloured skin or hair or eyes than you? Don't we all have the genes in us to create different skin colour, hair colour, eye colour in us? Isn't it merely the combination of the genes that cause the result?I am blond hair, blue eyed, caucasion complexion. My husband is black haired, brown eyed, Asian complexion. My kids don't have black or blonde hair, they all have various colours of brown hair, various colours of brown eyes and various skin colours also. So I guess they aren't included in any "race" that God created initially if he created races separately to reproduce "after their own kind".Any other explanation just doesn't make sense to me.
:amen:

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
(Agape;29756)
So How Can All Races Come From Adam, Only One Man!? :confused::study: Acts 17:26 --- And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth....If all nations come from the same blood, our soul life being derived from one common source (Adam), why are there so many physical variations among people? For instance, why are some people white, some yellow, some black, and some red? How does one account for all this? To understand physical variations, we must have a knowledge of genes and chromosones and dominant and recessive characteristics. Mendel's Law explains the process of dominant and recessive characteristics in plants and animals. Breeding controls or determines the variations within species.In the beginning of man, the variations the gene which determined the coloring of the skin carried both the dark and light characteristics. After generations of the darker-skinned marrying the darker-skinned and fairer-skinned marrying fairer-skinned people, eventually strains end up with darker darks and lighter lights than originally existed, all due to natural selection and dominant characteristics. Thus came about the different colors and different races of men that dwell upon the face of the earth today. It does not contradict any of God's Word and it does not contradict the science of genetics,:blessyou:Agape
If you must persist. What colour of hair and eyes did Adam and Eve have?Did God create them with same colour eyes or did they have different colour eyes, 1 blue, 1 green, 1 brown and one? When God created man did he make him able to change and aclimatise to his surroundings. Eskimos, indians, englishmen? The food we eat makes a difference to our skins health and colour. Look at man before the fall when flesh perfect. How did it change and become sick? Do you not think the fall had more to do with the flesh changing and the length of time we lived?God has adapted man many times over to survive all over the world. In fact he tells them to go out all over the world. He also cured leprosy instantly flesh changed from white and even rotten at times to be completely whole.Are you not ashamed that your ignorance of the power of Gods word?If God says we are all descendant from Adam, is it really open to be proved or debated. Doesn't faith say we accept is because God has said it?How can you hope to receive more if you cannot accept the simple truths he gives you? How can you believe Christ rose from the dead and that you will rise if you cannot accept these simple truths?Faithful.

Agape

Dec 24, 2007
(Faithful;29758)
If you must persist. What colour of hair and eyes did Adam and Eve have?Did God create them with same colour eyes or did they have different colour eyes, 1 blue, 1 green, 1 brown and one? When God created man did he make him able to change and aclimatise to his surroundings. Eskimos, indians, englishmen? The food we eat makes a difference to our skins health and colour. Look at man before the fall when flesh perfect. How did it change and become sick? Do you not think the fall had more to do with the flesh changing and the length of time we lived?God has adapted man many times over to survive all over the world. In fact he tells them to go out all over the world. He also cured leprosy instantly flesh changed from white and even rotten at times to be completely whole.Are you not ashamed that your ignorance of the power of Gods word?If God says we are all descendant from Adam, is it really open to be proved or debated. Doesn't faith say we accept is because God has said it?How can you hope to receive more if you cannot accept the simple truths he gives you? How can you believe Christ rose from the dead and that you will rise if you cannot accept these simple truths?Faithful.
:confused: I think you should read what I posted first before snapping at me. :naughty:

Agape

Dec 24, 2007
(kriss;29549)
The question is Agape did you read my scripture or just ignore it to keep your opinions
The answer is I read your post thoroughly and all I got was your opinion.:blessyou:Agape

Agape

Dec 24, 2007
(whirlwind;29555)
There is no need to get snippy as I never said othersie. I didn't have to "catch on." That fact is clearly stated in His Word....
I wasn't being snippy, just funny...lighten up.
smile.gif

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(Faithful;29754)
Genesis is not exclusive either way, but what is, is that all present day human beings descended from Adam and Eve because Noah and his seed were their descendants..
Oh Faithful, stop right there!! This is where it starts to get really good...I have been told in no uncertain terms that all present day human beings did NOT descend from Noah & his seed, because Noah brought several other people onto the ark besides his family. :eek: Yep, two of each of those "other people" (I suppose two black, two asian, two Mexicans?) ... the people created on the 6th day - were also gathered up by Noah and saved on the ark. WHAT? That's not what the Bible says? Oh pish posh! What does that matter?! It's their story and they are sticking to it.
rolleyes.gif

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
And what did he find as he reviewed this eath? He had no man to tend the soil so then he tells us of creating Adam putting him in a garden this is not what he said about the sixth day generation they were told to go and mutiply and subdue the earth. Adam is put in a confined place We know this because it had a gate remember when Adam and Eve were kicked out of the Garden and the Cherbs guarded the gates.So if there is no 6th day creation then God again is contradicting himselfWhat was the order go out and mutiply and subdue or stay in the garden no matter how you look at this there had to be a sixth day creation or you have God forcing the first sin on earth God contradicting himself ect. I honestly dont see the big deal it changes nothing about our salvation or Christ there is no scriptual or biblical reason to adhere to mans fairytales here except stoborness to hang on to mens traditions.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Peacebewithyou;29768)
Oh Faithful, stop right there!! This is where it starts to get really good...I have been told in no uncertain terms that all present day human beings did NOT descend from Noah & his seed, because Noah brought several other people onto the ark besides his family. :eek: Yep, two of each of those "other people" (I suppose two black, two asian, two Mexicans?) ... the people created on the 6th day - were also gathered up by Noah and saved on the ark. WHAT? That's not what the Bible says? Oh pish posh! What does that matter?! It's their story and they are sticking to it.
rolleyes.gif

Yeah your way so much better God made Adam and Eve commit incest the firt sin he lied when he said go repleshish the earth cause Im going lock you up in a garden he marked Cain for the fun of it yeah you guys got great ideas

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
And if Agape and the rest of you listening to just men with closed minds instead of examing the scriptures if you would bother to study more closley instead of just reapeating what you hear you would understand that not what Acts says the word Blood was never in the original manuscripts it was added by menActs 17:26 "And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;"It is time to sharpen up, and pay attention to Paul. First of all, the word "blood" as used here is not in any of the original manuscripts, and even some of the more liberal translators caught this mistaken translation. The Word "one" is in reference to the dust of the earth that Adam was formed from. In the Greek it is "heis" and sometimes translators use the form "tis" which changes the meaning completely. This word blood is just not there, for God created all the races just as they are, kind after their kind. God created all the races on the sixth day, and on the seventh day, He rested. In Genesis 1:26 it was on the sixth day; "And God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth." "Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him, male and female created He them." This is all the races, except Adam, meaning "ruddy complected".Genesis 1:28 "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."Then after God rested on the seventh day, on the eight day God created, as it is written in the Hebrew, " `eth-`Ha`adham" which is to say "the man". That man is who we call "Adam". Adam was created for a purpose, even though all the other races did exist before him.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
(Agape;29767)
I wasn't being snippy, just funny...lighten up.
smile.gif

You didn't succeed....sweeten up!
rolleyes.gif
......Whirlwind

Status
Not open for further replies.