genesis question...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
What are you talking about God names people where? he only names the ones that are in Christ story did he name everyone in every tribe did he name all Adams supposed daughters you cant have it both ways to suit you.because he is a loving father and wanted to preserve the races he created yes some may have mixed with descendants of cain that we know but the races were still created by God. Why dont you tell me where the races came from if you cant believe what scripture says "And of every living thing of all flesh

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
God regreted creating them - all except for Noah who "walked with God." 9These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God. 12And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth. God was pouring out His judgement on the wicked people - that would include those "other people who are never refrenced" - and God goes onto to say who he is going to destroy:12And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth. 13And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth. 14Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch. 15And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits. 16A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it. 17And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die. Still no mention of gathering up other people - especially wicked ones. Not a chance.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Whatever youywanna believe go ahead but you are misreading the words to make them fit your ideas That fact is its not me you are disagreeing its scripture Yes and why is it you believe this verse 17And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die. and not this verseGenesis 6:19 "And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female." (the hebrew here is breath of life)they are almost the same God destroyed everything that was not on the ark and ifthat was all flesh in one verse its all flesh in the other verse thats what scripture says if you dont want to read it as God wrote it your choice

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(kriss;29452)
Whatever youywanna believe go ahead but you are misreading the words to make them fit your ideas That fact is its not me you are disagreeing its scripture Yes and why is it you believe this verse 17And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die. and not this verseGenesis 6:19 "And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female." (the hebrew here is breath of life)they are almost the same God destroyed everything that was not on the ark and ifthat was all flesh in one verse its all flesh in the other verse thats what scripture says if you dont want to read it as God wrote it your choice
Kriss, I really wish you guys had the roll on the floor laughing smiley because I'd use it now.I'm not the one ignoring scripture at all. YOU are the one who has added other people on the ark that aren't mentioned anywhere. You said I don't believe this verse 19 - NOT TRUE.. I do believe it which is why V 19 is the verse I quoted - but I went onto quote v 20 as well since it gives a description of who v19 is talking about 20Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive. No mention whatsoever of other people.Besides, it makes no sense that God would set out to destroy the wicked, yet save some of the wicked. WHY?? But that's besides the point. Other people on the ark are not mentioned in scripture. You have totally gone beyond what is written.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Yeah but it is just guess there is no scripture to support anything you say its just what you have been told but thats ok when its all over with I get to say I told you so:)

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Peacebewithyou;29459)
(Kriss;29452)
Whatever youywanna believe go ahead but you are misreading the words to make them fit your ideas That fact is its not me you are disagreeing its scriptureYes and why is it you believe this verse17And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.and not this verseGenesis 6:19 "And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female." (the hebrew here is breath of life)they are almost the same God destroyed everything that was not on the ark and ifthat was all flesh in one verse its all flesh in the other versethats what scripture says if you dont want to read it as God wrote it your choice
Kriss, I really wish you guys had the roll on the floor laughing smiley because I'd use it now.I'm not the one ignoring scripture at all. YOU are the one who has added other people on the ark that aren't mentioned anywhere.V 19 is the verse I quoted - but I went onto quote v 20 as well since it gives a description of who v19 is talking about 20Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.No mention whatsoever of other people.Besides, it makes no sense that God would set out to destroy the wicked, yet save some of the wicked. WHY??But that's besides the point. Other people on the ark are not mentioned in scripture. You have totally gone beyond what is written.If there were only eight souls that existed on Earth...why are there still black people, white people, yellow people, red people (Yes, I am using skin colour) still living on Earth?JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(thesuperjag;29462)
If there were only eight souls that existed on Earth...why are there still black people, white people, yellow people, red people (Yes, I am using skin colour) still living on Earth?JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.
Obviously that isn't important or we would be told in His Word. And we aren't. It doesn't mention Noah gathering up any of the wicked people.God said he was going to destroy ALL of the wicked.Normally you are so picky about that word "all." I guess only when it suits your views?
rolleyes.gif

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I knew you would not answer the question you men tradition belivers are all the same deny scripture but stick to your men guess's and speculation what a sad thing cant answer because if you knew the answer we would be right and you can not allow that to happen. So you go on the offense with ridiculos commits. See it all the time it certainly goes to prove the scripture the famine of the End times is for the true word of God.lets list the questions you cant answer with your mens guessWho did Cain MarryWho did cain build a city forwho was Cain afarid of Why did God have to mark him so others would know himHow did two people Become fruitful mutiply and subdue the entire earthWhy isnt Cain in Adams GeneolgyWhere did the races come from why doesnt all flesh male and female mean peopleWhy did God make Adam and Eve sin with incestand if incest wasnt a sin yet why was murderthese are just the few off the top of my head Im sure there is morebut hey wait God says he has foretold us all things guess he did really mean it as far as you are concerned I believe he did just what he said he did tell us all we just needed knowledge to increase to understand it.

JIP

Dec 7, 2007
Just a few observations:-Of the 8 souls on the arc, where is color of their skin mentioned. they could be of any color for that matter.Also we are forgetting the fact that if all the animals of the worldare to be accommodated in an arc, do you have any idea what sizethe arc should be. And do you know the quantity of forage required to be store and the quantity of waste products that would be produced per day.Also the animal husbandry of taking care of all these animals- could it bedone with 8 souls?Well if God wanted to save a particular species, His will was sufficient. I feelwe are over looking something very important and having an argument in something less significant here.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Peacebewithyou;29465)
(thesuperjag;29462)
If there were only eight souls that existed on Earth...why are there still black people, white people, yellow people, red people (Yes, I am using skin colour) still living on Earth?JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.
Obviously that isn't important or we would be told in His Word. And we aren't. It doesn't mention Noah gathering up any of the wicked people.God said he was going to destroy ALL of the wicked.Normally you are so picky about that word "all." I guess only when it suits your views?
rolleyes.gif
It's very sad that there is no possible way for you nor anyone to answer when one leans on men's doctrine. It fact, I'm pretty sure Yahshua is weeping right now. It hurts Him to see all of these people believing in lies more than the Truth. Men loves darkness and hate light.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(JIP;29470)
Just a few observations:-Of the 8 souls on the arc, where is color of their skin mentioned. they could be of any color for that matter.Also we are forgetting the fact that if all the animals of the worldare to be accommodated in an arc, do you have any idea what sizethe arc should be. And do you know the quantity of forage required to be store and the quantity of waste products that would be produced per day.Also the animal husbandry of taking care of all these animals- could it bedone with 8 souls?Well if God wanted to save a particular species, His will was sufficient. I feelwe are over looking something very important and having an argument in something less significant here.
first of all we believe scripture bears out God created all the races on the sixthday and told them be fruitful and multiply he rested on the seventh day Then he created Adam and put him in the Garden and made EveAdam meaning THE MAN was the first in the bloodline that Christ would come through not the only man on earthWe believe Cain married someone from the 6th day creation it was these people he built the city for ,was afraid would kill him We are saying that when Noah got on the arc there were eight souls from which the bloodline of christ would come but there were also at least two of each race read the verseGenesis 6:19 "And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female."

JIP

Dec 7, 2007
(kriss;29477)
Genesis 6:19 "And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female."
And where is race or color mentioned here kriss. Or was it another verse where that is mentioned?

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
(Peacebewithyou;29412)
I know it was Satan who tempted - but I am told in Romans 5:12 that sin entered into the world through Adam. How do you explain Romans 5:12?
Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:13.For until the law sin was in the world; but sin is not imputed when there is no law.This is what we were discussing before. Whatever the 6th day creation did, before the formation of Adam apparently wasn't considered a sin, "for until the law sin was in the world" but as there was no law it wasn't considered a sin......So, sin, or the consideration of it as a sin, didn't enter the world until the sin of Adam..........Whirlwind

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
(Peacebewithyou;29421)
How is Christ the Tree of Life and what's with the last verse in that chapter.. why the angels to protect Him?
Christ is the Tree of Life as you must believe in Him to have life, eternal life. It is just a metaphor, much as He is our Rock of salvation, He is the Lamb, He is the Bread of Life, etc.It doesn't actually say that the Cherubims protect Him but rather that, to keep the way of the tree of life, meaning to keep humans away, from taking of the tree. Bullinger states, "so that man should not live forever in his fallen condition, but only in Christ. He also notes that in vs.22, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever :_" ends with Aposiopesis - "sudden silence, emphasising the result as being unspeakable."I'm afraid that is all I can offer toward the understanding of that thought about the Cherubims and the Tree of Life as I don't fully understand it myself........Whirlwind

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(JIP;29842)
(Kriss;29477)
Genesis 6:19 - "And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female."
And where is race or color mentioned here kriss. Or was it another verse where that is mentioned?Please keep in mind that the verse uses the word ALL as in ALL flesh. Are we not flesh.Genesis 6:3 - And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.Remember He save two of ALL flesh.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
(Peacebewithyou;29435)
Nope - not a chance. Just read all of chapter 6 & 7 and nowhere does it mention other people - in fact, God does say every breathing thing but then he goes onto give a detailed description of the beasts, birds, crawling things.Nowhere does He mention for Noah to take other people of other races. Nowhere. Besides, God is destroying the wicked - why would he want the so-called evil line of Cain to carry on? That makes zero sense.I smell a doctrine of man.
biggrin.gif

God destroyed the progeny of the fallen angels but not that of Satan for the "evil line of Cain" has a job to do. They have and are laying the groundwork for the deception of end times. However, at any time they accept Christ as their Saviour they are part of the family of God.Genesis 4:6 And the Lord said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?7.If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. and unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him." Wickedness lies at his door, wickedness is his desire and he and his descendants rule over wickedness.So....Father didn't destroy Cain's descendants, Kenites, or all the races. He wouldn't instruct Noah to gather male and female of all animals and not include humans. The explanation that made it clear for me is:Genesis 6:19 And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and femaleFlesh - #1320 basar - flesh (from its freshness); by extens. body, person; also (by euphem.) the pudenda of a man: - body, [fat, lean] flesh [-ed], kin, [man-] kind, + nakedness, self, skinWhen He next instructed Noah about animals it wasn't "flesh" but, Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee....I, like you, don't believe this was a world wide flood but two, male and female, of everything in the "world of Noah" was taken aboard and that certainly included each race of mankind....Whirlwind

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
Quote:Originally Posted by Peacebewithyou Nope - not a chance. Just read all of chapter 6 & 7 and nowhere does it mention other people - in fact, God does say every breathing thing but then he goes onto give a detailed description of the beasts, birds, crawling things.Nowhere does He mention for Noah to take other people of other races. Nowhere. Besides, God is destroying the wicked - why would he want the so-called evil line of Cain to carry on? That makes zero sense.I smell a doctrine of man. I agree with you. I think it would have been obvious in the word if other humans were aboard the ark. God would not have treated them like animals unless he was predijudce or hated them.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(crooner;29514)
Quote:Originally Posted by Peacebewithyou Nope - not a chance. Just read all of chapter 6 & 7 and nowhere does it mention other people - in fact, God does say every breathing thing but then he goes onto give a detailed description of the beasts, birds, crawling things.Nowhere does He mention for Noah to take other people of other races. Nowhere. Besides, God is destroying the wicked - why would he want the so-called evil line of Cain to carry on? That makes zero sense.I smell a doctrine of man. I agree with you. I think it would have been obvious in the word if other humans were aboard the ark. God would not have treated them like animals unless he was predijudce or hated them.
Can you tell me where in the scripture where it says only animal flesh on board? What does the word ALL mean to you. Did not God say that man is also flesh? (Genesis 6:3) Did not God say to take two of ALL flesh on board, one male, one female. (Genesis 6:19)JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
(crooner;29514)
Quote:I agree with you. I think it would have been obvious in the word if other humans were aboard the ark. God would not have treated them like animals unless he was predijudce or hated them.
Crooner why do you believe they were treated as animals? Of course He isn't prejudiced or hated them.....He created them, He called their creation "very good." The bigger question would be...why would He want to destroy them? He didn't!It is obvious that other humans were aboard. One, He told us other "flesh - all flesh" was taken aboard and two, when we look around today we see all races. They did not come from one man and woman. It is obvious but we have been taught that it was just Noah and his family. We see the Sunday school picture of elephants and camels walking up the plank to the ark. It isn't that we were lied to....they just didn't know themselves but it has been right in front of us all the time. It is clearly stated in His Word........Whirlwind

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
WhirlwindIt is not obvious!!!1 other wise we would not be debating this. Look I have no motive to be right here, but if it was obvious we would all see it. I feel that your doing the same thing the pre-rap people are doing. Making up a story thats not there. I am willing to listen but I hear the same record over and over. Adding to scripture like the Jehovah witnessess do. Give us something better!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.