Genesis

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HE DID? SHOW US, PLEASE

Ge 1:3 And God said...
Ge 1:6 And God said...
Ge 1:9 And God said...

I can show many more verses...

When was the last time you actually read any of this?

sniper762

Sep 5, 2007
Ge 1:3 And God said...
Ge 1:6 And God said...
Ge 1:9 And God said...

I can show many more verses...

When was the last time you actually read any of this?

these scriptures point to the following scriptures(i.e. gen 7, that says that he "divided the waters to make the firmament")

gen 1:3 "let there be light" , was that the sun? note, it wasnt placed in the firmament until the 4th day. would that light be here today if not for the sun? (by the way, the firmament , where the sun and the moon were placed was said to have waters above and below it). do you believe that the sun lies between the seas and the atmospheric waters? if so, then you are astronamically ignorant..

when (if ever) did you actually UNDERSTAND what you read?

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
nope, gen 2 just elaborates on gen 1

snipe, A lot of these things are hard to understand when a person is filled with tradition. Just put it on the shelf for now. Someday it will clear up. Not talking down to you, that is just the way it is.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
these scriptures point to the following scriptures(i.e. gen 7, that says that he "divided the waters to make the firmament")

gen 1:3 "let there be light" , was that the sun? note, it wasnt placed in the firmament until the 4th day. would that light be here today if not for the sun? (by the way, the firmament , where the sun and the moon were placed was said to have waters above and below it). do you believe that the sun lies between the seas and the atmospheric waters? if so, then you are astronamically ignorant..

when (if ever) did you actually UNDERSTAND what you read?

The Light isn't explained clearly and point blank until you get to the Gospel of John.

John says that Jesus was the "Light of men" and that Jesus was "Crucified before the foundations of the Earth were laid".

Jesus also said that he was the Light of the World.

All of these statements are true...as does the opening of his gospel point to a Genesis beginning.

What this means is that when God said, "Let there be Light" God was speaking about the plan He already had for the redemption of man. God wasn't surprised at man's fall....God is omniscient...He can't be surprised.

Water, Tehovm/abyss/chaos/the deep/ocean-sea are all related in the Bible.

As I related before in an earlier post water is a type of metaphor for the different rules, traditions, laws, customs and natural laws that exist depending upon how it is stated and used. You are correct in that the sun wasn't created till the fourth day...the earth was created first. (I know this upsets so many of the evolution-creationists) But that is what God said...and because God said it I have had enough experience to understand and know...my opinion isn't relevant. What God says is relevant...regardless of what I think of it.

If I knew that I had five thousand men, and their families who tagged along with them, to feed I most certainly wouldn't count on five dinner rolls and two kippers to feed them all. I would plan on bringing a whole lot more groceries than that with me.

A large portion of the creation account tells us that God created order out of chaos and nothing.

The very first sentence in Genesis...(Gen 1:1) may be translated as a complete sentence in English...but in reality it isn't a complete sentence in Hebrew.
Bara is the verb used for the "created" in "....God created the Heavens and the Earth." Bara in Hebrew is a verb that requires the material used to be stated...for example if I was to "bara" a table...I would need to declare the material I made it out of...I created a wooden table, a stone table, a marble table....

As anyone can see...there is no material there that is stated...meaning that God spoke it into existence and material didn't exist before God created it. It wasn't exactly ordered and defined until God later spoke and ordered it to be exactly how it was supposed to be. (the separation of water from land) Up to this time the earth was formless and void (as I am sure you will remember reading in a few verses before this).

Does that clear it up for you?

sniper762

Sep 5, 2007
you are spot on aboout the hebrew word "bara" meaning that something is made from something, and respectfully, the earth was made from something. the earth was already there,(not to say that god had not made it earlier) and it was (void and without form"
god simply formed it into the self supporting earth (a paradise for god's 'to be formed", man) that we know of today.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are spot on aboout the hebrew word "bara" meaning that something is made from something, and respectfully, the earth was made from something. the earth was already there,(not to say that god had not made it earlier) and it was (void and without form"
god simply formed it into the self supporting earth (a paradise for god's 'to be formed", man) that we know of today.

Are you absolutely positive you are not trying to make "something" out of "nothing"?

To me....it does seem to appear that way.

sniper762

Sep 5, 2007
matter can neither be created nor destroyed. everthing came from something. it is infinite, there is no beginning nor end. thus is god

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
matter can neither be created nor destroyed. everthing came from something. it is infinite, there is no beginning nor end. thus is god

NO...not quite.

What God says cannot be unsaid. He makes the natural Laws...and only He has the power to do so.

He is omnipotent and omniscient....man isn't.