Getting drunk in the spirit "Biblically"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As the Western world falls away, the sign gifts might become more important.
I see a wisdom in this, but not perhaps the way you meant.

As people fall farther from a pure faith, they will cling more needy to seeking a sign.

God gave signs and wonders to Jesus, and to the Apostles, and other early evangelists, and there was no question about it. Now we question signs and wonders why? Because we do not see them.

People make many claims, but it's hard to hide when you're shadow heals everyone upon whom it falls, as Peter's did. Paul's cloths that were sent out with healing powers, not the lying nonsense of TV fakers, but the real deal.

If the real thing were happening, there would be no question.

But when I look at signs and wonders at the end of the age, I see that there will be lying signs and wonders given to deceive. So I really caution about seeking after signs and wonders, and instead preach faith, and trusting Him by His Word. Faith comes by hearing the Word of God, not by seeing a sign.

Much love!

Reactions: teamventure

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Some people believe the sign gifts ceased after the Apostolic era. I don't know if I'd agree with that. God is sovereign, and I think He brought back the charismata just to remind us that the Spirit is still here with us. (I also believe God has a subtle sense of humor, and maybe He just wanted to tweak MacArthur.) I don't want to be the one to say, "Uh, Lord, you can't do that!"

As the Western world falls away, the sign gifts might become more important.
@Lambano Well, we do have all the revealed mind of God in the Bible; during the time of the Acts the church still did not...