Giants In America

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, here are some good videos to watch concering giants.
450 Feet Tall Giants In The Bible (Yeah Right)

The Origin of Giants After The Flood (lineage)

Numbers 13:33 Mystery of the Giants

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly! They had to be descendants of Noah. Do you have any understanding of genetics?

I have an understanding of scripture, which states the generations of Noah was perfect, so no, they weren't. There were giants on the earth after the flood for the exact same reason that there before the flood, because of an angelic incursion, as Genesis and every other extra Biblical source plainly states. Your understanding of genetics does not trump the word of God.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have an understanding of scripture, which states the generations of Noah was perfect, so no, they weren't. There were giants on the earth after the flood for the exact same reason that there before the flood, because of an angelic incursion, as Genesis and every other extra Biblical source plainly states. Your understanding of genetics does not trump the word of God.
Wack, wack, wack a doodle.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 6
4 There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

It appears the sons of God were still making babies after the flood. It's obvious they weren't destroyed in the flood. I don't know this for a fact, but I don't believe a spiritual creature can be killed by drowning it. I also don't believe the genes of the Nephilim were present in any of the inhabitants of the Ark. If it was the Lord's intent to destroy all that was evil upon the earth, He would've also destroyed those genes.

This isn't etched in stone, but it's what I believe.

o

Reactions: Dcopymope

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all. sons of God in genesis 6 are not angels, but humans who was born, meaning the children that Adam and Eve had inside the garden before they was removed from it. these childrens was born without sin, and their offspring meet these children (women) of the sinful line through Seth from Adam. these men (sinless from Adam, born of parents inside the garden) who came into women of the sinful line, (married) and produce, what the scripture states as "men of renown", "mighty men". these offspring became famous, for renown means make a name for yourself. RENOWN: the condition of being known or talked about by many people; fame. the hebrew word for renown is H8034 שֵׁם shem which means NAME. these offspring became corrupt, hence the scripture which the Lord said, Genesis 6:5 & 6 "And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually 6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.". the word "GIANT" here, means bully, not stature.
H5303 נְפִיל nphiyl (nef-eel') n-m.
נְפִל nphil (nef-eel')
(properly) a feller, i.e. a bully or tyrant.

this word "GIANT" H5303 נְפִיל nphiyl (nef-eel') above is only found in Gen 6:4 and Num 13:33.

Now, a "GIANT" in stature is,
H7497 רָפָא rapha' (raw-faw') n/g.
רָפָה raphah (raw-faw')
a giant.
[from H7495 in the sense of invigorating]
KJV: giant, Rapha, Rephaim(-s).

this is a big difference in the two words for giants. if one viewed the video in post #22 entitled "Numbers 13:33 Mystery of the Giants". and "The Origin of Giants After The Flood (lineage)", one will see that there was no angles involved.

next the description "mighty men". King David employed "mighty men" (warrior) in his army under his command. and likewise David himself was a mighty man a man of renown. so there is no reason to make a claim that the sons of God in Genesis 6 are angels. just do the research, and show thyself approved.

Reactions: Helen

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What verses are you referring to?

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 6
4 There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

It appears the sons of God were still making babies after the flood. It's obvious they weren't destroyed in the flood. I don't know this for a fact, but I don't believe a spiritual creature can be killed by drowning it. I also don't believe the genes of the Nephilim were present in any of the inhabitants of the Ark. If it was the Lord's intent to destroy all that was evil upon the earth, He would've also destroyed those genes.

o
Actually, the Lord accounted Noah as righteous for his faith, but he said this of men after the flood as well as before it: "the imagination of man's heart is evil from His youth" (Genesis 8:21). Also see Hebrews 11:7

Reactions: bbyrd009

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all. sons of God in genesis 6 are not angels, but humans who was born, meaning the children that Adam and Eve had inside the garden before they was removed from it. these childrens was born without sin, and their offspring meet these children (women) of the sinful line through Seth from Adam. these men (sinless from Adam, born of parents inside the garden) who came into women of the sinful line, (married) and produce, what the scripture states as "men of renown", "mighty men". these offspring became famous, for renown means make a name for yourself. RENOWN: the condition of being known or talked about by many people; fame. the hebrew word for renown is H8034 שֵׁם shem which means NAME. these offspring became corrupt, hence the scripture which the Lord said, Genesis 6:5 & 6 "And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually 6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.". the word "GIANT" here, means bully, not stature.
H5303 נְפִיל nphiyl (nef-eel') n-m.
נְפִל nphil (nef-eel')
(properly) a feller, i.e. a bully or tyrant.

this word "GIANT" H5303 נְפִיל nphiyl (nef-eel') above is only found in Gen 6:4 and Num 13:33.

Now, a "GIANT" in stature is,
H7497 רָפָא rapha' (raw-faw') n/g.
רָפָה raphah (raw-faw')
a giant.
[from H7495 in the sense of invigorating]
KJV: giant, Rapha, Rephaim(-s).

this is a big difference in the two words for giants. if one viewed the video in post #22 entitled "Numbers 13:33 Mystery of the Giants". and "The Origin of Giants After The Flood (lineage)", one will see that there was no angles involved.

next the description "mighty men". King David employed "mighty men" (warrior) in his army under his command. and likewise David himself was a mighty man a man of renown. so there is no reason to make a claim that the sons of God in Genesis 6 are angels. just do the research, and show thyself approved.
I've considered your theory in the past, with regard to Adam, but nothing in scripture supports the notion that Adam and Eve had children before the fall ( though they were most likely capable), but how then do you interpret Jude's statement in verses 6 and 7 of the short epistle by him? Jude suggests that the angels left their domain, the heavens, to go after strange flesh (not their kind.)
Your 2nd video actually supports what I've said, but it's difficult to explain how foreign alleles can survive within the human genotype to those who have no understanding of genetics. Each human being normally has 46 chromosomes which exist as 23 pairs of equivalent chromosomes. Our phenotypic traits (those which are manifest in our bodies) can be the result of half of our actual genetic material, as in a fully dominant heterozygous allele (the non dominant allele remains unexpressed), or an expression of both alleles called partial dominance. This is only true of heterozygous gene pairs. The other possibilities of phenotypic expression are the result of homozygous gene pairs (2 identical alleles).
If we accept that Eve was created from Adam, then her genetic makeup would be identical to Adams with the exception of just 1 chromosome. Interestily enough, men in order to be men, are missing part of a chromosome, so God had to add to the Y chromosome to create Eve, or only use 1 X chromosome and double it.
Without some external addition or viable internal mutation, we would all be copies of Adam and Eve.

Last edited:

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi, not meaning to nit pic, I am really asking. Did it say that the generations of Noah was perfect or that Noah was perfect in his generation? Please

Last edited:

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd also like to mention something known by geneticists even before we had an understanding of the biochemistry of genetics. Men like Gregor Mendel experimented with cross breading of related strains and discovered a principal known as hybrid vigor. Hybrids of 2 species typically are incapable of reproduction, but some are still viable (like mules). Hybrids of genetic variants within a species often express more vigor, greater size, better health, etc., than the homozygous individuals. A hybrid between man and angel, assuming it were viable, could express traits more pronounced than either parent, including stature.
One of the participants was unsure about spiritual beings having the capability to reproduce. We have material bodies, but we are still spiritual beings having both body and spirit. There's no reason to assume that angelic beings are without some sort of physical body. Jesus didn't become an angel when He rose from the dead, but He clearly had a body that could be touched and that consumed food, as will we. Isn't this resurrected body supposed to be capable of surviving where angels tread?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, the Lord accounted Noah as righteous for his faith, but he said this of men after the flood as well as before it: "the imagination of man's heart is evil from His youth" (Genesis 8:21). Also see Hebrews 11:7

So is it your belief that God was referring to the imagination and not actual physical giants?

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, not meaning to nit pic, I am really asking. Did it say that the generations of Noah was perfect or that Noah was perfect in his generation? Please

(Genesis 5:1-2) "This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; {2} Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created..................."

(Genesis 5:28-32) "¶ And Lamech lived an hundred eighty and two years, and begat a son: {29} And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the LORD hath cursed. {30} And Lamech lived after he begat Noah five hundred ninety and five years, and begat sons and daughters: {31} And all the days of Lamech were seven hundred seventy and seven years: and he died. {32} And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth."

(Genesis 6:9-10) "¶ These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God. {10} And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth."

In other words, since Noah was born after the generations of Adam, then that makes his seed perfect by default whose flesh was not corrupted. The giants however, were not born after the seed of Adam, but of something other than human origin. Also, I'm pretty certain that the spirits of these abominations are the same ones roaming about in "dry places" seeking a body to inhabit, but this may be a subject for another thread.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Noah released a Raven after the flood, that did not return...

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and...i dunno, Winston Churchill or somebody, might be considered a "giant," too.

I consider anybody over seven feet a "giant". This is not why the "giants" of genesis six were called giants as they were clearly distinguished from the generations of Adam. You won't find a normal human growing up to eight or nine feet tall or more and living long to tell about it free from any medical disorders. For the generations of Adam, there are limits to growth for very good reasons, but its a different story for the generations of the "sons of God who came unto the daughters of men".

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What does that have to do with my post?
that is a great symbology for...um, Noah still carrying the seed of the fall in his genes, perhaps?
evil getting a ride on the ark, and coming with Noah some other way?
"The raven left the ark, and did not return."
"the raven was released back into the earth after the flood."
a single raven, not "ravens."
and hopefully the significance of "raven" goes without saying

this is completely off the reservation btw; i prolly made it all up

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Noah was perfect in his generation
These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

the second "generations" likely means something else, many translations

These are the family records of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among his contemporaries; Noah walked with God.

or similar. btw i got that by highlighting "Noah was perfect in his generation" in your post, then Rclicking and clicking "search google for." are you using chrome?