Global warming

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Our big business overlords need consumers, not thinkers. Scientific evidence for global warming gets in the way of the fossil fuel industry. Education gets in the way of the private prison industry.

Global warming is real and it is excellerated by human industry and it is as obvious as the connection between smoking and cancer
Just your thoughts?

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kind of think this worrying about global warming is a waste of time. It is for me. Just a gloss over of scripture shows that this planet is headed for global warming on a scale that is exponentially larger than anything imaginable. Seems to me that staying focused on that is little more important than worrying about some auto exhaust and such.

George Carlin did a bit on "saving the planet" that can be found on YouTube. Very irreverent, but does cut the BS out of this nonsense and get right down to the motivation behind this hysteria.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Sword well I think you better look up Tuvalu, a country which rising sea levels is really having an effect on, it's so obvious global warming as Aspen pointed out, ships are now planning trading routes smack bang right through the north pole at certain times of year due to the increasing melting of the sea ice. It is fact that sea levels have risen 6 inches since 1940.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Maybe you guys are right, the footage seen from the hurricanes did change my mind on how sea levels can change, and how water levels move around the world's pond, and transfers from one place to another, and we had the best snow season in the Alps in 17 years, best I have ever seen since I moved to this state, it was of to a slow start, but the last few big dumps of metres of snow blew my mind. I think there was even a lowest temperature record broken at one of the mountains.

Maybe it's not global warming but Roman's 8:19-21 with nature's weather records breaking everywhere.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Thus 'they' started calling it 'climate change' instead lol....

Depends on the weather, don't hear much about global warming when there is feet of snow on the ground.

Reactions: Willie T

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Depends on the weather, don't hear much about global warming when there is feet of snow on the ground.
ha,ha.....Yeah that was rather my point....I recall my mum asking me a couple of years back why they were calling it Global Warming, when in lots of places it was going the other way. As soon as I said to my mum that calling it climate change was a better fit, she was all good :)

Reactions: Josho