God changed Seventh Day Sabbath Worship to First Day of the Week

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Armstrong started the World Church of God, and I think they kept the Sabbath if I'm not mistaken. I really don't know if they are still in existence.
I used to do the study course they mailed you. That was almost 30 years ago.
I do believe they kept the Sabbath. They reorganized I believe.
Hugs

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who among you are so filled with the Holy Spirit?
These:

Rev 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
Rev 14:2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
Rev 14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
Rev 14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
Rev 14:5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
They overcame:

Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Rev 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
Rev 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
Rev 14:8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
Rev 14:9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
Rev 14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
Rev 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.​

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rechoired, you have good stuff here! God bless you
Just replace the last Rev. 9:18 with Revelation 11:5, that was the reference I meant to give, and I just fixed it in edit.

Revelation 9:18 is the opposing evil, while Revelation 11:5 is the good.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what church is that?
I am a member of the prophetically foretold remnant, the Seventh-day Adventist movement, though I am not bound by anything but love.

GE and I go back a ways in forums discussion. He believes that Jesus arose from the dead on Sabbath and was not crucified on the 6th day of the week, but rather midweek, teaching that when Jesus spake of Jonas, and the 3 days and 3 nights it means 72 hours and only applies to the time Jesus was in the grave. You can go back and see our conversation in this forum and several others (like Worthy Christian Forums, etc) and I linked to several in this thread, post 169, here - God changed Seventh Day Sabbath Worship to First Day of the Week . Since I disagree with him on that, from scripture (KJB) mind you, he thinks it is because the Seventh-day Adventists disagree with him as a body, I must somehow have been brainwashed by the system. I can assure you, no such thing has ever occurred. I as not born into nor raised as a Seventh-day Adventist. I am such, because that is what scripture says I need to be (Revelation 10, 12 & 14, etc).

Reactions: Brakelite and Ziggy

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Let's reason together. I've given you my reasons now I ask for yours.

Serious? I don't trust you, sorry, but sure. HOW HAVE YOU ARRIVED AT YOUR <reasons>. Over how long a period have you come to your current <reasons> or greater specific views - no mere <inkling at ll>?

Give us please, just say three other persons than yourself whose research you have consulted -- not agreed with or used, just read and taken notice of - not taken notes of even; just paid attention to?

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it doesn't matter
Can I ask you a quick question GE? Trying to understand your thinking still after all this time.

When Jesus, and the disciples, went into the upper room in the evening to eat the Passover, and later that same evening institute what is known as the 'Lord's supper' with footwashing, what day of the week (according to scripture, not looking for 'wednesday', 'thursday', 'friday', etc, just number of the day of the week 1-7) do you think this was?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I used to do the study course they mailed you. That was almost 30 years ago.
I do believe they kept the Sabbath. They reorganized I believe.

I try never to say or write 'keep the Sabbath'. God gave the Law "because of transgression". Had people kept the Sabbath there wouldn't have been the Fourth Commandment.
But infinitely more important why I don't want to say someone keeps the Sabbath, is that it is "the Son of Man WHO keeps the Sabbath from being polluted, whose HAND keeps any evil being done to it"--none other than GOD and the HAND of GOD the Son of Man GOD the Son of God, Jesus Christ. For HE is the Only ONE WHO, "keeps the Sabbath". No mortal is His equal; no sinner MAY - what is able to - "keep the Sabbath OF THE LORD GOD holy".

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GerhardEbersoehn said:
Why can't you be this honest always? Because your church KEEPS YOU IN BONDAGE. May God help you to become FREE IN JESUS CHRIST

Me: what church is that?

it doesn't matter

Now you know if I replied with an answer like that, you would be screaming from the rafters.

I'm simply going to call you a hypocrite.

Have a nice day.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I try never to say or write 'keep the Sabbath'. God gave the Law "because of transgression". Had people kept the Sabbath there wouldn't have been the Fourth Commandment.
But infinitely more important why I don't want to say someone keeps the Sabbath, is that it is "the Son of Man WHO keeps the Sabbath from being polluted, whose HAND keeps any evil being done to it"--none other than GOD and the HAND of GOD the Son of Man GOD the Son of God, Jesus Christ. For HE is the Only ONE WHO, "keeps the Sabbath". No mortal is His equal; no sinner MAY - what is able to - "keep the Sabbath OF THE LORD GOD holy".
God gave the Hebrews the Sabbath because they were being oppressed by Pharaoh in Egypt.
Moses wanted to give them a day off and Pharaoh rebuked Moses.
Have you read the bible?
Just curious

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They kept the Sabbath for 40 years in the wilderness.
God gave man the Sabbath even before there was a law at Mt. Sinai.
God created the seventh say and rested in it from the beginning of creation.

What are you talking about??

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God gave the Hebrews the Sabbath because they were being oppressed by Pharaoh in Egypt.
Moses wanted to give them a day off and Pharaoh rebuked Moses.
Have you read the bible?
Just curious
That is a true but mostly unrecognized facet of OT Sabbath history. I am surprised you know of it... God bless.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Okay. Are you expecting me to disagree with that word of God? Or that it would compel me to cease from trusting in God's grace that I may obey God commandments?
Hello @Backlit,

I am not expecting anything from you or anyone else, I am rejoicing in Christ my Saviour: Who declared Himself, as 'Son of Man', to be the Lord of the Sabbath.

Praise His Holy Name!

Within the love of Christ our Saviour
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: mailmandan

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am rejoicing in Christ my Saviour
"Saviour" from what? Cannot be transgression of the Law of God (Exodus 20:1-17). Since you state that you do not keep it, and that is sin (1 John 3:4; James 2:10; Romans 7:7), and Christ Jesus died for those transgressions of that Law. Since you also state that it (God's Law, The Ten Commandments) was/were never for you. Since you state that you are not a "jew". Again, "Saviour" from what? You didn't get 'saved' from anything.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found something interesting in another thread.
And I think it fits here too.

The question was the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

A little from the old and a little from the new...
Concerning the 7th day.

Exo 24:16 And the glory of the LORD abode upon mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it six days: and the seventh day he called unto Moses out of the midst of the cloud.

Mar 9:2 And after six days Jesus taketh with him Peter, and James, and John, and leadeth them up into an high mountain apart by themselves: and he was transfigured before them.

There be some standing here that shall not taste death until they see the Son of man coming in his Kingdom.

Where was Peter, James, and John standing when they heard a voice from heaven saying:
This is my beloved Son, hear ye Him.

What Day was this??

Mar 9:2 And after six days Jesus taketh with him Peter, and James, and John, and leadeth them up into an high mountain apart by themselves: and he was transfigured before them.
Mar 9:3 And his raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow; so as no fuller on earth can white them.
Mar 9:4 And there appeared unto them Elias with Moses: and they were talking with Jesus.
Mar 9:5 And Peter answered and said to Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
Mar 9:6 For he wist not what to say; for they were sore afraid.
Mar 9:7 And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.
Mar 9:8 And suddenly, when they had looked round about, they saw no man any more, save Jesus only with themselves.

So as I'm writing this I feel like I'm in a time machine seeing the past from the future..

Peter says, Master.... LET US MAKE..... three tabernacles.....Man in Our image and in our likeness.

He wasn't thinking about what he was saying... He wasn't speaking it was the spirit speaking through him. Hear ye him.

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Jesus, Moses, and Elias..
Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

shall we bring down fire like elias?
ye know not what spirit (what spirit) ye are of...

And the Sons of God shouted for joy.
Now are we the Sons of God and it doth not yet appear what we shall be, but we know that when we see him, we shall be as he is.

Go tell it on the mountain...

If this is off topic I appologize, I'm having trouble keeping up with my thoughts..
Hugs

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"Saviour" from what? Cannot be transgression of the Law of God (Exodus 20:1-17). Since you state that you do not keep it, and that is sin (1 John 3:4; James 2:10; Romans 7:7), and Christ Jesus died for those transgressions of that Law. Since you also state that it (God's Law, The Ten Commandments) was/were never for you. Since you state that you are not a "jew". Again, "Saviour" from what? You didn't get 'saved' from anything.
'But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested,
.. being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
.... Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ
...... unto all and upon all them that believe:
for there is no difference:
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
.... Being justified freely by His grace
...... through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation
.. through faith in His blood,
.... to declare Hs righteousness for the remission of sins that are past,
...... through the forbearance of God;
To declare, I say, at this time His righteousness:
.. that He might be just, and the justifier of Him which believeth in Jesus.

(Rom 3:21-26)

Hello @ReChoired,

The Lord Jesus Christ is my Saviour from sin and it's consequences, for He died in my place, and bore the penalty of my sin upon Himself, that I may live.

Within the love of Christ our Saviour
Our Lord and Head.
Chris

Last edited: