God changed Seventh Day Sabbath Worship to First Day of the Week

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Can I ask you a quick question GE? Trying to understand your thinking still after all this time.

When Jesus, and the disciples, went into the upper room in the evening to eat the Passover, and later that same evening institute what is known as the 'Lord's supper' with footwashing, what day of the week (according to scripture, not looking for 'wednesday', 'thursday', 'friday', etc, just number of the day of the week 1-7) do you think this was?

Thanks for a simple answer to which a simply reply could have been given had you not compromised the simplicity of your question with unwarrented presuppositions of your own, such as that When Jesus, and the disciples, went into the upper room in the evening to eat <<the Passover>>. With this in mind, here is the simple truth:
When Jesus and his disciples went into the upper room in the evening to eat WHAT JESUS ORDERED (Infinitive and Subjunctive) three of his disciples "TO PREPARE FOR the passover" which would be "KILLED", THAT SELFSAME DAY next daylight 3PM, it was not <<the Passover>> meal they went and prepared. They prepared what Jesus ordered them to prepare. What they ate was what Jesus told them to get ready for eating--for the "meal". Nothing of the Jewish 'seder' or 'passover meal'-- no meat/flesh, for example.
So what they ATE --according to Scripture-- was NEW, was, "The Lord's Supper"--without precedent in every respect.

Now how do we know, or rather deduce, <<what day of the week this was>>? How do we know, not <think>! No 'thinking'--Scripture only!

This was the LAST ORIGINAL PASSOVER OF YAHWEH in every respect except "The Cloud was Christ" and Israel's coming up from the Red Sea was Jesus' Resurrection from the dead "on the third day" of the final "three days thick darkness" of his Suffering and Atonement Made for sin :
"According to the Scriptures the first day Crucified (and killed); and
"according to the Scriptures", "in That Selfsame Night passover EATEN -
next daylight burned with fire", that is "BURIED according to the Scriptures"
"and the third day RAISED" -- like of old Israel on the Sabbath.

Therefore retrospectively without a doubt

"Christ rose from the dead according to the Scriptures the third day"
"ON THE SABBATH" or no Fourth Commandment, for "God thus concerning the Seventh Day had spoken", and "of another day after", NEVER!

And so without a doubt (no <thinking> required)
the second/middle day was
"the Preparation which is the Fore-Sabbath on the sabbath That Day Great-Day-sabbath-of-" passover -- not Sabbath of the week!

And "the first day they killed the passover"
A. "the Preparation of the Passover sunrise 6 AM", "the day before the Feast",
B. "the Lord's Supper"-- "it was night", "in the night the Lord was betrayed".

TWO 'Preparation- days', TWO 'sabbath -Days' : CONSECUTIVELY not co-incidentally.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
he (GE) believes that Jesus arose from the dead on Sabbath and was not crucified on the 6th day of the week, but rather midweek, teaching that when Jesus spake of Jonas, and the 3 days and 3 nights it means 72 hours and only applies to the time Jesus was in the grave.

What a failure I must be, you believing I believe THIS?! God help me

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I am not expecting anything from you or anyone else, I am rejoicing in Christ my Saviour: Who declared Himself, as 'Son of Man', to be the Lord of the Sabbath.
What anomaly, that you can be <rejoicing in Christ my Saviour>, but are not <<expecting anything from anyone>> not even from yourself, to rejoice in the Living Truth in matters of God's People's EARTHLY. ACTUAL and REAL LIFE, of <<Christ our Savior being 'Son of Man' the Lord of the Sabbath>>?
Just empty, meaningless, valueless, weightless words of YOUR MASTER GOD AND SAVIOUR He spoke into vacuous nothingness? Amazing!

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What anomaly, that you can be <rejoicing in Christ my Saviour>, but are not <<expecting anything from anyone>> not even from yourself, to rejoice in the Living Truth in matters of God's People's EARTHLY. ACTUAL and REAL LIFE, of <<Christ our Savior being 'Son of Man' the Lord of the Sabbath>>?
Just empty, meaningless, valueless, weightless words of YOUR MASTER GOD AND SAVIOUR He spoke into vacuous nothingness? Amazing!
Hello @GerhardEbersoehn,

Forgive me, but I do not understand what you are saying.

With love in Christ Jesus
Our risen and glorified,
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Reactions: mailmandan

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested,
.. being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
.... Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ
...... unto all and upon all them that believe:
for there is no difference:
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
.... Being justified freely by His grace
...... through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation
.. through faith in His blood,
.... to declare Hs righteousness for the remission of sins that are past,
...... through the forbearance of God;
To declare, I say, at this time His righteousness:
.. that He might be just, and the justifier of Him which believeth in Jesus.

(Rom 3:21-26)

Hello @ReChoired,

The Lord Jesus Christ is my Saviour from sin and it's consequences, for He died in my place, and bore the penalty of my sin upon Himself, that I may live.

Within the love of Christ our Saviour
Our Lord and Head.
Chris
What did you need "grace" for?

"Saviour" from what?

Cannot be transgression of the Law of God (Exodus 20:1-17).

Since you state that you do not keep it, and that is sin (1 John 3:4; James 2:10; Romans 7:7), and Christ Jesus died for those transgressions of that Law.

Since you also state that it (God's Law, The Ten Commandments) was/were never for you.

Since you state that you are not a "jew".

Again, "Saviour" from what? You didn't get 'saved' from anything.

All have "sinned", and "sin" is a transgression of the Law (in the very context you just cited, Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. ). You did not answer the question at all. All you did was simply add another verse to your burden and prove it was not ever for you according to your own theology.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can I ask you a quick question GE? Trying to understand your thinking still after all this time.

When Jesus, and the disciples, went into the upper room in the evening to eat the Passover, and later that same evening institute what is known as the 'Lord's supper' with footwashing, what day of the week (according to scripture, not looking for 'wednesday', 'thursday', 'friday', etc, just number of the day of the week 1-7) do you think this was?
@GerhardEbersoehn I would like your answer please, when you have the time. It would help in my understanding your position. Thank you.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if you don’t know what you’re talking about, how must anyone who posted in this thread have any inkling at all what you claim, Matthew 28:1 is all about? Ridiculous !

Ridiculous? I don't know what I'm talking about?
Well let me tell you! Most Christians think they know Scripture when in reality they don't because the things of God know not man as they are spiritually discerned and in in this case, the OP.
I mean what part of Matthew 28 you folks do not understand, as I've alluded to that the italicized word "day" and that the word "week" as the plural Hebrew word "sabbaton." are omitted in the original manuscripts?
Hence we can render Matthew 28 thus: "In the end of the Sabbaths as it began to dawn towards the first of the Sabbaths..." that is an era of Sabbaths is ending and a new era of Sabbaths can be seen dawning in the horizon towards the first of many Sabbaths to come.
Note when Scripture speaks of the Sabbaths it almost always refers to the Seventh Day Sabbath.

Give us please, just say three other persons than yourself whose research you have consulted -- not agreed with or used, just read and taken notice of - not taken notes of even; just paid attention to?

Holy Spirit! - Holy Spirit! - Holy Spirit!

No, God changed the Sabbath Day into the Sabbath Rest Day of God it never before was or could be UNTIL JESUS ROSE FROM THE DEAD ON IT as the Seventh Day since the foundation of the world FORESHADOWED

No, Jesus was slain and rose again before the foundation of the world, but God changed the Seventh Day Sabbath to First Day of the Week Sabbath according to Matthew 28:1; 1 Corinthians 16:1-2; and Acts 13:42, 44; 20:7.

To God Be The Glory

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You did not answer the question posed:

What did Paul (Acts 17:2) do that Jesus wasn't doing in keeping Sabbath (Luke 4:14-21)?

Paul had access to people daily.

Act_17:17 Therefore disputed he in the synagogue with the Jews, and with the devout persons, and in the market daily with them that met with him.
Also, why would devout Jews, allow a sabbath (commandment) breaker (Paul, as claimed by those like yourself) into a synagogue (gathering) in the first place?

Where did Paul command Gentiles to keep the Sabbath. That has to be taught as it is a letter of the type of commandment that kills if not kept. It cannot be kept by the Spirit, if kept by the letter.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With respect, Mam, this is you saying <<The Old Covenant given>>; I asked you for those words IN SCRIPTURE.

Besides, It clearly and plainly is NOT written in <<The Old Covenant given from Mt. Sinai and engraved on stone,(Ex. 34:28) is called Ishmael, the son of the flesh, and also the ministry of death in Galatians 4:22-31, and 2 Corinthians 3:6-11.>>
<<The Old Covenant>> was NOT <<given from Mt. Sinai>>;
<<The Old Covenant>> was NOT <<engraved on stone>>;
<<The Old Covenant>> is NOT and is not CALLED <<the ministry of death>>;
<<The Old Covenant>> is not even described or explained as either of the "two things which are an allegory. For these are the two covenants (of the two) SONS" of Abraham -- not they were the one <<The Old Covenant>> AND THAT SUPPOSED TO BE AN OLD COVENANT OF GOD!
Are you a Christian, Mam?!

Did you read the two scriptures I gave you? You couldn't say "NOT" if you had. I've color coded the Old red, and the New blue.

Exodus 34:28 "And He wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.

2 Corinthians 3:6-11
6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

7 But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, 8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious? 9 For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory. 10 For even what was made glorious had no glory in this respect, because of the glory that excels. 11 For if what is passing away was glorious, what remains is much more glorious.

Galatians 4:22-31
22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman. 23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise, 24 which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar— 25 for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children— 26 but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all. 27 For it is written:

“Rejoice, O barren,
You who do not bear!
Break forth and shout,
You who are not in labor!
For the desolate has many more children
Than she who has a husband.”

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise. 29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now. 30 Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? “Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.” 31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.

Now if you don't know the name of Hagar's son by Abraham was Ishmael, then you have more to learn than I thought. No wonder you don't understand the New Testament and how it is the New Covenant, whereby there was an "Old."

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did Paul command Gentiles to keep the Sabbath. That has to be taught as it is a letter of the type of commandment that kills if not kept. It cannot be kept by the Spirit, if kept by the letter.
Read Hebrews 4. Yet even before that, why does Paul need to "command" anything? God already commanded in the word (Acts 15) long before Paul ever existed. Where is this silly Pharisaical rule that Paul needs to command it, repeat it, identify it in scripture?

Reactions: Brakelite

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read Hebrews 4. Yet even before that, why does Paul need to "command" anything? God already commanded in the word (Acts 15) long before Paul ever existed. Where is this silly Pharisaical rule that Paul needs to command it, repeat it, identify it in scripture?

Don't you understand that the Ten Commandments were obsolete for those born of the Spirit, and that the sign of the obsolete covenant was the Sabbath, that had to be kept by the letter which kills? The New Covenant is based on the Spirit and the Royal laws written on our hearts, to Love God with all our heart, mind and strength, and love our neighbor as ourself. This new covenant has its own sign representing the blood of Jesus, the Cup of the New Covenant, 1 Corinthians 11:25. And the laws written on our heart are identical to the teachings of Jesus in 1 John 3:23.

Last edited:

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So sad to call yourself "charismatic" who is suppose to be able to discern the things of God spiritually. Yet how will you understand the Sabbath and the "rest" we have in Jesus if you do not know how to apply 1 Corinthians 2:11-14?

To God Be The Glory

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So sad to call yourself "charismatic" who is suppose to be able to discern the things of God spiritually. Yet how will you understand the Sabbath and the "rest" we have in Jesus if you do not know how to apply 1 Corinthians 2:11-14?

To God Be The Glory

Read my post #212 just before this.

Also, God's rest of Hebrews 4 is "abiding in Jesus" which makes us automatically keep the commandments of Jesus. Jesus actually living inside of us, the Lord of the Sabbath, the Creator. It is coming into His rest, which is spiritual of the Spirit, not physical and of the letter.

If you want to keep the physical Sabbath of the letter, go ahead if you believe that with all your heart. To do otherwise would be sin to you. But don't judge others for abiding in the true Sabbath rest of God, His Son.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you understand that the Ten Commandments were obsolete for those born of the Spirit,

Who said the Ten Commandments are obsolete, you and your church?

Matthew 5:17-20
17) Think not that I come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
18) For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19) Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20) For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the Scribes and Pharisees,ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

If you want to keep the physical Sabbath of the letter, go ahead if you believe that with all your heart. To do otherwise would be sin to you. But don't judge others for abiding in the true Sabbath rest of God, His Son.

This term "Don't judge others" are always the arguments people use when they don't have a leg to stand on. Whatever happened to "test the spirit?"

To God Be The Glory

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who said the Ten Commandments are obsolete, you and your church?

Matthew 5:17-20
17) Think not that I come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
18) For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19) Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20) For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the Scribes and Pharisees,ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

This term "Don't judge others" are always the arguments people use when they don't have a leg to stand on. Whatever happened to "test the spirit?"

To God Be The Glory

The Scriptures say they are obsolete - "fading away." Evil doers will be judged by a far stronger law than the Ten Commandments were. You said it yourself, "till all be fulfilled." Ask yourself WHO that is talking about. "It is finished."

It is the law of the Spirit of life in Christ that has freed us from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:2.
Jesus was manifest to take away our sin, and in Him there is no sin. 1 John 3:5
The law was brought about because of sin, but Jesus has freed us from sin. Get it? His Spirit in us does not sin through us, and as long as we don't quench the Spirit we commit no actions of sin, even in our heart. Therefore, we have no desire to kill, steal, lie, commit adultery or covet what isn't ours.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What did you need "grace" for?

"Saviour" from what?

Cannot be transgression of the Law of God (Exodus 20:1-17).

Since you state that you do not keep it, and that is sin (1 John 3:4; James 2:10; Romans 7:7), and Christ Jesus died for those transgressions of that Law.

Since you also state that it (God's Law, The Ten Commandments) was/were never for you.

Since you state that you are not a "jew".

Again, "Saviour" from what? You didn't get 'saved' from anything.

All have "sinned", and "sin" is a transgression of the Law (in the very context you just cited, Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. ). You did not answer the question at all. All you did was simply add another verse to your burden and prove it was not ever for you according to your own theology.

Personal question about sin. Do you commit any willfully lawless sins? It is easy not to.

Last edited:

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Scriptures say they are obsolete - "fading away." Evil doers will be judged by a far stronger law than the Ten Commandments were. You said it yourself, "till all be fulfilled." ...
No, it says the 'old covenant' (Hebrews 8:13) was fading away, not the Ten Commandments.

Also, all things have not been fulfilled:

Mat_5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.​

Not hat hard to see that this has not yet been fulfilled among many other things.

2Pe_3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
Only the events of the first advent were fulfilled, not the second or third advents events.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personal question about sin. Do you commit any willfully lawless sins? It is easy not to.
In order to answer your question, you will have to define what "law" ('lawless') you are speaking about and where it can be found to be written, and what the definition of "sins" are that you are utilizing and where that may be found written.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The New Covenant is based on the Spirit and the Royal laws written on our hearts, to Love God with all our heart, mind and strength, and love our neighbor as ourself.
You just referred to two texts which are found in Deuteronomy 6:5 (love God), which is in the context of Deuteronomy 5, and Exodus 20, the Ten Commandments, and Leviticus 19:17-18, which are also in the context of the same, dealing with "sins", etc. That is the true fulfillment of Jeremiah 31:31-34. God's "my law" (Ten Commandments) written upon the heart by the Holy Ghost/Spirit, to walk in them, live in the Spirit, since the entire Ten Commandment Law of God is spiritual to begin with, and cannot be kept except in that manner. Mere conformity to the letter is useless. Yet, if one claims to walk in the Spirit, and transgress even one letter of that Law, knowingly, they have not the true Spirit of Christ in them at that moment. They have another spirit.