God changed Seventh Day Sabbath Worship to First Day of the Week

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand what your saying. And I've heard and read all the arguments.
Here's the thing..
Are we required to still keep the passover?
Hugs
Yes in it's antitype, not in it's type:

1Co_5:7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

1Co_5:8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.​

Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeff Dowell. NOTHING he preaches is anything than SDAism. And tell him I CHALLENGE him on ANY point of true Christian Faith IN PUBLIC ON FACEBOOK.
Feel free to contact him (I have) at his home-base church. Otherwise, throwing out a challenge to others that are not him is pretty much useless boasting. Brother Jeff Dowell's home-base church is Hastings Seventh-day Adventist Church in Hastings, Michigan USA - Contact

Listed as Jeffrey Dowell (Delton, Hastings) on the Seventh-day Adventist Conference website - Pastors

(PS, dual posting is a waste of space, just reply once please.)

Last edited:

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who among you are able to keep the sabbath day Holy?
Anyone filled with the Holy Ghost/Spirit.

You gag on a gnat but you’ll swallow a camel.
The sabbath of the LORD is now being equated to a "gnat"? What is the "camel"? (both unclean/unholy references, but the Sabbath of the LORD thy God is Holy, Sanctified by God, the opposite of unclean/unholy).

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
burnt offerings
Yes, "burnt offerings" are still required in keeping Sabbath. I did ask if you wanted to see this, but hearing no response as of yet, I will take the liberty to show it anyway:

Mat_3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Luk_3:16 John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

Rom_12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Mar_9:49 For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt.

Heb_13:15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

Php_4:18 But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God.

Jon_2:9 But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD.

Mar_12:33 And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.

Heb_12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

Heb_13:10 We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle.

Psa 50:5 Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.​

For God desires true burnt offerings of selfless love, those sacrifices born of the Holy Ghost, for God is a consuming fire, especially upon the Sabbath.

"spiritual sacrifices" is/are the True burnt offering, rather than the carnal/typical/blood of bulls and goats, etc [temporary, until "the time of reformation" [Hebrews 9:10]] of the earthly/worldly sanctuary. Notice again:

The sacrifices of God [are] a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. - Psalm 51:17

And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love [his] neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices. - Mark 12:33​

Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. - 1 Peter 2:5​

See also:

Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice. - Psalm 50:5​

Therefore, God does not require this "sacrifice",:

Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required. - Psalm 40:6

For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. - Hosea 6:6

For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give [it]: thou delightest not in burnt offering. - Psalm 51:16​

But He wants/desires this True "sacrifice":

I will freely sacrifice unto thee: I will praise thy name, O LORD; for [it is] good. - Psalm 54:6

And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing. - Psalm 107:22

I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD. - Psalm 116:17

Let my prayer be set forth before thee [as] incense; [and] the lifting up of my hands [as] the evening sacrifice. - Psalm 141:2

For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt. - Mark 9:49

And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. - Ephesians 5:2

But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things [which were sent] from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God. - Philippians 4:18

By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of [our] lips giving thanks to his name. - Hebrews 13:15
Each Sacrifice/Offering is to be burnt (that is come through the fire of the Holy Ghost/Spirit).

Reactions: Brakelite

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every man must remain in his place on the sabbath (Exodus 16:29)
Yes, this still applies, not in type, but in anti-type (Hebrews 7:12), for every man must remain in his place (John 14:2-3; Daniel 12:13), and since this world is not our home, we are just strangers and pilgrims here (Romans 15:23; Hebrews 11:13; 1 Peter 2:11), our "place" is New Jerusalem above (Galatians 4:26), the true "camp of the saints" (Revelation 20:9), since we are "written" there (Luke 10:20; Hebrews 12:23), even now in the Most Holy "place" of the Heavenly Sanctuary (Hebrews 9:24), upon the breast (heart) of our Great High Priest, Jesus Christ. In other words, we must remain in Christ Jesus, our true place, who is even now in Heaven above, for there we "sit" with Him (Ephesians 1:3, 2:6).

Furthermore, Jesus, and the Disciples, would walk out in nature upon the sabbath day (Mark 2:23; Luke 6:1).

Paul, would likewise do the same, and go out of the local city into nature (Acts 16:13).

You also do not understand Exodus 16:19, at all.

Exo 16:29 See, for that the LORD hath given you the sabbath, therefore he giveth you on the sixth day the bread of two days; abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day.​

It is in the context of the wilderness (Exodus 16:2), while the manna fell (Exodus 16:3-4), not the promised land when it ceased to fall. They were not to go out of their "place" (the camp (Exodus 16:13, etc) of the saints) to gather manna on the sabbath day.

Exo 16:4 Then said the LORD unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a certain rate every day, that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law, or no.

Exo 16:14 And when the dew that lay was gone up, behold, upon the face of the wilderness there lay a small round thing, as small as the hoar frost on the ground.

Exo 16:25 And Moses said, Eat that to day; for to day is a sabbath unto the LORD: to day ye shall not find it in the field.

Exo 16:27 And it came to pass, that there went out some of the people on the seventh day for to gather, and they found none.​

Yet when they reached the promised land, the manna ceased:

Jos 5:10 And the children of Israel encamped in Gilgal, and kept the passover on the fourteenth day of the month at even in the plains of Jericho.
Jos 5:11 And they did eat of the old corn of the land on the morrow after the passover, unleavened cakes, and parched corn in the selfsame day.
Jos 5:12 And the manna ceased on the morrow after they had eaten of the old corn of the land; neither had the children of Israel manna any more; but they did eat of the fruit of the land of Canaan that year.​

Even soldiers and priests were allowed to travel to and fro on Sabbath in the promised land (see 1 Chronicles 16 & 27 & 28; 2 Kings 11:5):

Jos 6:3 And ye shall compass the city, all ye men of war, and go round about the city once. Thus shalt thou do six days.
Jos 6:4 And seven priests shall bear before the ark seven trumpets of rams' horns: and the seventh day ye shall compass the city seven times, and the priests shall blow with the trumpets.​

In the days of Nehemiah, buy and selling became a serious problem on Sabbath, and so he had the gates to the entire city closed, but people were free to move about within the city just fine:

Neh 13:19 And it came to pass, that when the gates of Jerusalem began to be dark before the sabbath, I commanded that the gates should be shut, and charged that they should not be opened till after the sabbath: and some of my servants set I at the gates, that there should no burden be brought in on the sabbath day.​

Last edited:

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No trading (Amos 8:5). No marketing (Nehemiah 10:31; 13:15,19).
True, there is to be no "trading" (or trafficking, buying and selling), or market-ing, the "pleasure" of worldly "business" (Isaiah 58:3), on the Sabbath.

Isa 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

Joh 2:14 And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting:
Joh 2:15 And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;
Joh 2:16 And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.​

Yet, even on Sabbath, we can always be about the Lord's "business", doing His "pleasure":

Psa_103:21 Bless ye the LORD, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure.

2Ch_13:10 But as for us, the LORD is our God, and we have not forsaken him; and the priests, which minister unto the LORD, are the sons of Aaron, and the Levites wait upon their business:

Neh_11:16 And Shabbethai and Jozabad, of the chief of the Levites, had the oversight of the outward business of the house of God.

Neh_11:22 The overseer also of the Levites at Jerusalem was Uzzi the son of Bani, the son of Hashabiah, the son of Mattaniah, the son of Micha. Of the sons of Asaph, the singers were over the business of the house of God.

Php_2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

2Th_1:11 Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:

Luk_2:49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

Rom_12:11 Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;​

There is also to be no spiritual trafficking in deceit especially, as Lucifer in Heaven had done, dealing in lies and half-truths (for instance, we often say to someone who speaks the truth, "I'll buy that." (meaning I consent to accept it as true), or when someone tells a tall tale, "I don't buy that." (meaning I do not consent to accept it as true):

Eze 28:18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Joh 2:14 And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting:
Joh 2:15 And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;
Joh 2:16 And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.
Joh 2:16 And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.​

The devil brought forth his own 'wares' (self), and did not glorify God in the things of God's truths. The devil attempted to make salvation 'purchasable by gold and silver' (1 Peter 1:18). Those false ministers (2 Corinthians 11:15) that seek to do the same today (Acts 8:20; Revelation 18:11-13) make "merchandise" (2 Peter 2:3) of God's people, even the "souls of men" and of His truth.

1Pe 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

2Pe 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Act_1:18 Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.

Act_8:20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.​

Yet, even on sabbath, we can freely "buy" the "truth" of Christ Jesus and the true "bread" and "sell" it not, and we can sell all that the old man has and buy of Christ Jesus instead and buy His word (sword of His mouth):

Pro_23:23 Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.

Pro 3:13 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.
Pro 3:14 For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold.
Pro 3:15 She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.

Isa_55:1 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

Isa 55:2 Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.

Rev_3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Joh_6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Joh_6:41 The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven.

Joh_6:48 I am that bread of life.

Joh_6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Mat_19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Mar_10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

Luk_12:33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.

Luk_18:22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Luk_22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
Purchase the good degree:

1Ti_3:13 For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.​

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exo 16:25 And Moses said, Eat that to day; for to day is a sabbath unto the LORD: to day ye shall not find it in the field.

That made me think of this:
Mat 24:25 Behold, I have told you before.
Mat 24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
Mat 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

What was in the desert?
Jhn 6:31 Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat.

Bread from Heaven..

Lo, I am with you always...
He is our Peace. He is our Rest. He is our Sabbath we enter into... The Door and find pasture.

I still make a special note of the 7th day. I have a thread called Shabbat Shalom. Not because I'm Jewish, I'm not.
I just feel that day was created for a special reason and we should observe it and appreciate what it truly means.
It is a sanctuary from the weekly trials and tribulations we face in the world,
even though we are never alone, we must still travel through the valley of death, knowing that His rod and His staff give us comfort.
Daily.

Hugs

Reactions: Brakelite

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That made me think of this:
Mat 24:25 Behold, I have told you before.
Mat 24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
Mat 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Excellent connection. "field", "wilderness". Jesus is not of the world, and cannot be found in anything of the world (worldliness), neither can He be found in anything of the occult (secret), for He ever spake and taught openly (John 18:20). Praise the LORD.

The "lightning" (meaning to enlighten by light) is the sunrise. He arises in his people first spread all over the earth in the latter rain, like daylight before the Sun (of Righteousness) is actually seen in the sky (Heaven)

Reactions: Ziggy

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone filled with the Holy Ghost/Spirit.

The sabbath of the LORD is now being equated to a "gnat"? What is the "camel"? (both unclean/unholy references, but the Sabbath of the LORD thy God is Holy, Sanctified by God, the opposite of unclean/unholy).
You miss the point. Then you blame. What a shame.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Amen. Jesus gives me rest in the spiritual... No longer do I need to strive to obey, strive to enter into life... All comes as a free gift to be received by faith. Nothing I do can add or improve what Christ has done for me. All I need do is receive that for which He has already paid the ultimate price. I rest in His promise of life.
And the Sabbath gives me physical rest which enables me to focus on the things of God and dedicate myself solely for one 24 hour period without distraction from the things of this world. Such rest is empowering both spiritually and physically. During the week the batteries get short burst recharges as I pray and spend an hour or so in His word and even here online through contemplating the topics and issues that arise here... But on the Sabbath the blessings and promises that come from having a personal appointment with the Master are irreplaceable.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So no kindling a fire in any of your dwellings on the sabbath (Exodus 35:3).
Indeed, in Exodus 35:3, while the children of Israel/Jacob were in the wilderness,we read:

Exo 35:3 Ye shall kindle no fire throughout your habitations upon the sabbath day.​

It was quite a bit of 'chore' to begin a fire, especially in the wilderness, where there was little wood, for a fire:

Num_15:33 And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation.​

It never says they could not already have a fire present. In fact, God was to always be their holy fire.

However, the real intent of this commandment, is the following:

1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.​

We have already read of the Christian's true "fire" (God Himself, which is the Holy Eternal and Everlasting Flame, the Eternal Fire (Deuteronomy 4:24, 9:3; Hebrews 12:29; Jude 1:7, which is never quenched/put out (Song of Solomon 8:7), therefore we never need to ever kindle our own fire of self, for God is the one who kindles us from His sacred flame of character, even to be a light to others), and we have the true "habitation" (Luke 16:9), which is not of this world - God changed Seventh Day Sabbath Worship to First Day of the Week

Notice:

Pro_26:21 As coals are to burning coals, and wood to fire; so is a contentious man to kindle strife.

Isa_9:18 For wickedness burneth as the fire: it shall devour the briers and thorns, and shall kindle in the thickets of the forest, and they shall mount up like the lifting up of smoke.

Isa_50:11 Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks: walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of mine hand; ye shall lie down in sorrow.

Jas 3:1 My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
Jas 3:2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
Jas 3:3 Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.
Jas 3:4 Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.
Jas 3:5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
Jas 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

Isa 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

Mat_12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Luk_6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Rev_9:17 And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone.

Rev_9:18 By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths.​

A false fire to false gods and idols, of self:

Jer_7:18 The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.

Jer_44:3 Because of their wickedness which they have committed to provoke me to anger, in that they went to burn incense, and to serve other gods, whom they knew not, neither they, ye, nor your fathers.​

Yet, God Himself, will indeed kindle the fire through His word spoken:

Jer_20:9 Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay.

Mat_12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Luk_6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Rom_3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Rev 11:5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

Dan 7:10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.​

Old man of sin, slain by the fiery word of God.

... to be continued ...

Last edited:

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So no kindling a fire in any of your dwellings on the sabbath (Exodus 35:3).
continued ...

God will kindle the destroying fire to those who turn away from the true fire of Holiness, but to those who walk in Him, He is a fire in them, which cannot be burned, neither consumed:

Isa_10:16 Therefore shall the Lord, the Lord of hosts, send among his fat ones leanness; and under his glory he shall kindle a burning like the burning of a fire.

Isa_30:33 For Tophet is ordained of old; yea, for the king it is prepared; he hath made it deep and large: the pile thereof is fire and much wood; the breath of the LORD, like a stream of brimstone, doth kindle it.

Dan 7:10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

Isa_43:2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

Dan 3:22 Therefore because the king's commandment was urgent, and the furnace exceeding hot, the flame of the fire slew those men that took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.

Dan 3:26 Then Nebuchadnezzar came near to the mouth of the burning fiery furnace, and spake, and said, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, ye servants of the most high God, come forth, and come hither. Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, came forth of the midst of the fire.

Dan 3:27 And the princes, governors, and captains, and the king's counsellors, being gathered together, saw these men, upon whose bodies the fire had no power, nor was an hair of their head singed, neither were their coats changed, nor the smell of fire had passed on them.

Jer_17:27 But if ye will not hearken unto me to hallow the sabbath day, and not to bear a burden, even entering in at the gates of Jerusalem on the sabbath day; then will I kindle a fire in the gates thereof, and it shall devour the palaces of Jerusalem, and it shall not be quenched.

Jer_21:14 But I will punish you according to the fruit of your doings, saith the LORD: and I will kindle a fire in the forest thereof, and it shall devour all things round about it.

Jer_43:12 And I will kindle a fire in the houses of the gods of Egypt; and he shall burn them, and carry them away captives: and he shall array himself with the land of Egypt, as a shepherd putteth on his garment; and he shall go forth from thence in peace.

Jer_49:27 And I will kindle a fire in the wall of Damascus, and it shall consume the palaces of Benhadad.

Jer_50:32 And the most proud shall stumble and fall, and none shall raise him up: and I will kindle a fire in his cities, and it shall devour all round about him.

Eze_20:47 And say to the forest of the south, Hear the word of the LORD; Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will kindle a fire in thee, and it shall devour every green tree in thee, and every dry tree: the flaming flame shall not be quenched, and all faces from the south to the north shall be burned therein.

Amo_1:14 But I will kindle a fire in the wall of Rabbah, and it shall devour the palaces thereof, with shouting in the day of battle, with a tempest in the day of the whirlwind:

Oba_1:18 And the house of Jacob shall be a fire, and the house of Joseph a flame, and the house of Esau for stubble, and they shall kindle in them, and devour them; and there shall not be any remaining of the house of Esau; for the LORD hath spoken it.

Mal_1:10 Who is there even among you that would shut the doors for nought? neither do ye kindle fire on mine altar for nought. I have no pleasure in you, saith the LORD of hosts, neither will I accept an offering at your hand.

Exo_3:2 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.

Lam_3:22 It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
We are to never have a strange fire kindled:

Lev_10:1 And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not.

Num_3:4 And Nadab and Abihu died before the LORD, when they offered strange fire before the LORD, in the wilderness of Sinai, and they had no children: and Eleazar and Ithamar ministered in the priest's office in the sight of Aaron their father.

Num_26:61 And Nadab and Abihu died, when they offered strange fire before the LORD.​

God Himself kindles the holy and sacred fire/flame in us of His own Holy and Sacred character:

2Ch 7:1 Now when Solomon had made an end of praying, the fire came down from heaven, and consumed the burnt offering and the sacrifices; and the glory of the LORD filled the house.​

Thus those who break the sabbath of the LORD thy God by kindling the fire of self and selfishness, shall burn (Malachi 4:3), their cities shall burn, all their works of self shall burn. Those who keep the sabbath holy, shall be preserved in the fire of God's love and not be burned by His wrath.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Luk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Luk 12:34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Deu 28:12 The LORD shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.

Heb 12:28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
Heb 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

Deu 30:14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

Jer 15:16 Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Mat 13:52 Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.

Hugs

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Colossians, "wrest[ed]", as usual, but you refuse to answer any line of inquiry which would show that, you think you are above questioning and do not have to answer (and like mailmandan, who skulks from the shadows afraid of challenge). You simply make assertions, and when challenged, turn a deaf ear and blind eye to that which challenges your position from scripture.
Typical; the SDA speaking to himself, the SDA rewired and rewinded but always required unconditionally to say and stay the same thing. Like the man below shows, he steals words like 'opse' and 'Sabbatohn' (BLATENT plagiarism YES and I know his source and it is not Armstrong who never even once used those words!) then PRETEND he is that big scholar whom no one can teach a thing. Meantime he cannot even read or say the words. Pathetic.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Ziggy said:
I understand what your saying. And I've heard and read all the arguments.
Here's the thing..
Are we required to still keep the passover?

Yes in it's antitype, not in it's type:

1Co_5:7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

1Co_5:8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Why can't you be this honest always? Because your church KEEPS YOU IN BONDAGE. May God help you to become FREE IN JESUS CHRIST

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Feel free to contact him (I have) at his home-base church. Otherwise, throwing out a challenge to others that are not him is pretty much useless boasting. Brother Jeff Dowell's home-base church is Hastings Seventh-day Adventist Church in Hastings, Michigan USA - Contact

Thanks for the contact information. Geographical information does not help in South Africa.
<throwing out a challenge> to others is the only option I have, and also is my intention. One on one is useless effort because it never realises.
Now about <boasting> -- that is pretty much easy in defence when YOU, don't have any.
Don't tell me about boasting, because my boasting all my life has been in Jesus Christ AND in the CO-SUFFERING of believers WITH Him. I am not ashamed but thankful beyond bounds that I can joyfully confess this with Paul and all others before falsely accused, despised and rejected for Christ's sake.

Last edited: