God changed Seventh Day Sabbath Worship to First Day of the Week

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Indeed, so loving God, means I obey the 4th commandment down to the last word. I work in the six days, and rest the seventh day, the sabbath day, the Lord's day, keeping it holy as God, even Jesus Christ made it at Creation, and kept it holy in Redemption.
Then YOU blame me of boasting!
O no no no no no! SDA! DUH!

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Refer your post #207. I answered you in post 201 already. Shows with what disdain you regard my posts -- umptieth time --.
Actually no. I just happened to have missed it. Thank you for pointing it out. I always read your response if I ask a question. I will read it now, thank you.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for a simple answer to which a simply reply could have been given had you not compromised the simplicity of your question with unwarrented presuppositions of your own, such as that When Jesus, and the disciples, went into the upper room in the evening to eat <<the Passover>>. With this in mind, here is the simple truth:
When Jesus and his disciples went into the upper room in the evening to eat WHAT JESUS ORDERED (Infinitive and Subjunctive) three of his disciples "TO PREPARE FOR the passover" which would be "KILLED", THAT SELFSAME DAY next daylight 3PM, it was not <<the Passover>> meal they went and prepared. They prepared what Jesus ordered them to prepare. What they ate was what Jesus told them to get ready for eating--for the "meal". Nothing of the Jewish 'seder' or 'passover meal'-- no meat/flesh, for example.
So what they ATE --according to Scripture-- was NEW, was, "The Lord's Supper"--without precedent in every respect.

Now how do we know, or rather deduce, <<what day of the week this was>>? How do we know, not <think>! No 'thinking'--Scripture only!

This was the LAST ORIGINAL PASSOVER OF YAHWEH in every respect except "The Cloud was Christ" and Israel's coming up from the Red Sea was Jesus' Resurrection from the dead "on the third day" of the final "three days thick darkness" of his Suffering and Atonement Made for sin :
"According to the Scriptures the first day Crucified (and killed); and
"according to the Scriptures", "in That Selfsame Night passover EATEN -
next daylight burned with fire", that is "BURIED according to the Scriptures"
"and the third day RAISED" -- like of old Israel on the Sabbath.

Therefore retrospectively without a doubt

"Christ rose from the dead according to the Scriptures the third day"
"ON THE SABBATH" or no Fourth Commandment, for "God thus concerning the Seventh Day had spoken", and "of another day after", NEVER!

And so without a doubt (no <thinking> required)
the second/middle day was
"the Preparation which is the Fore-Sabbath on the sabbath That Day Great-Day-sabbath-of-" passover -- not Sabbath of the week!

And "the first day they killed the passover"
A. "the Preparation of the Passover sunrise 6 AM", "the day before the Feast",
B. "the Lord's Supper"-- "it was night", "in the night the Lord was betrayed".

TWO 'Preparation- days', TWO 'sabbath -Days' : CONSECUTIVELY not co-incidentally.
Ok, I read it. You lost me. I was just looking for a number 1-7 in answer to the question. Can you provide a simple number of 1-7 please.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the Ten Commandments IS the Old Covenant. What did you think it was?

Ex. 34:28 So he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he neither ate bread nor drank water. And He wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.
The passage clearly refers to the commandments as the "words of the covenant", not the covenant itself. The 10 commandments themselves were obviously not the covenant itself when their authority was reinforced in NT theology.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post# 235

the New Covenant …Does it have any commandments?

Actually it does.

Paul is the chief writer of them:

"If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord." (1 Corinthians 14:37)

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What did you need "grace" for?

"Saviour" from what?

Cannot be transgression of the Law of God (Exodus 20:1-17).

Since you state that you do not keep it, and that is sin (1 John 3:4; James 2:10; Romans 7:7), and Christ Jesus died for those transgressions of that Law.

Since you also state that it (God's Law, The Ten Commandments) was/were never for you.

Since you state that you are not a "jew".

Again, "Saviour" from what? You didn't get 'saved' from anything.

All have "sinned", and "sin" is a transgression of the Law (in the very context you just cited, Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. ). You did not answer the question at all. All you did was simply add another verse to your burden and prove it was not ever for you according to your own theology.
'For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus
.. hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
For what the law could not do,
.. in that it was weak through the flesh,
.... God sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh,
...... and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us,
.. who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.'

(Rom 8:2-4)

Hello @ReChoired

With Adam's transgression sin entered, and death by sin: which resulted in mankind being under 'the law of sin and death' - in Adam. The work of Christ sets the believer free from the law of sin and death, by bringing them into 'the law of the spirit of life' which is - in Christ Jesus. It has nothing to do with the law, given so much later, to the children of Israel at Sinai.

'For as in Adam all die,
even so in Christ shall all be made alive. '

(1Cor 15:22 )

'But of Him (God) are ye in Christ Jesus,
Who of God is made unto us
wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
That, according as it is written,
He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.'

(1Cor 1:30-31)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: mailmandan

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
3 Spiritual laws that govern life.
“For I delight in

Law One: ……….The law of God.

after the inward man”…..(Romans 7:22)

Paul has nothing but love and respect for God’s law. He considers it ‘holy, just and good’. It is Paul’s earnest and deepest desire to honour that law, and to keep all the commandments,

” but I see another law in my members, warring against the law (of God) of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to….” (v23cont.)

Law Two:………..“The law of sin…

“…which is in my members.

Paul delights in obedience, but finds that in the carnal nature resides a law which makes it impossible, the law of sin. Paul confesses his wretchedness and guilt. “Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?” he cries.

“I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh, the law of sin.” (vs 25)

But if Paul is bound by the law of sin, despite his best intentions to obey the law of God, how then can he overcome? The answer is just 2 verses later. There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For…

Law Three:……….the law of the Spirit of life…

in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.” Romans 8:1,2.

Three laws. The law of God which is holy, just, and good.
The law of sin which binds the carnal man making it impossible to obey the law of God.
The law of the Spirit of life which through the grace and power of God makes it possible for the reborn child of God to obey the law of God, if he relies on and walks after the Spirit and not after the flesh.

The law of sin has no power over them who are completely surrendered to Christ. That is why elsewhere Paul can assert that to those who walk in the Spirit they are transformed by the renewing of their minds, and are recreated into the image of the character of Christ. A character that is obedient and a mind (like Christ’s) which delights in the law of God and rejoices that by faith in the power and grace of God he may be obedient to all the commandments.

Reactions: ReChoired

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The passage clearly refers to the commandments as the "words of the covenant", not the covenant itself. The 10 commandments themselves were obviously not the covenant itself when their authority was reinforced in NT theology.

The Old Covenant is obsolete. Hebrews 8:13

Do you believe the the Ten Commandments is not part of the Old Covenant that is obsolete? But they are the only thing engraved on stone. 2 Cor. 3:7 out of 6-11.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
t

I deleted because my head was getting sore.

and @ReChoired

I can imagine. When you refuse to accept the truth and you cannot refute it with New Covenant scripture, I imagine nothing adds up. You still don't know what Christ accomplished, so fall back to the Old Covenant, and try to just add Christ to the old. New wine cannot be put into old wineskins. Your headache is proof of what happens. Explosion!!!

2 Corinthians 3:14
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post# 235

Actually it does.

Paul is the chief writer of them:

"If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord." (1 Corinthians 14:37)

Yes, there are many sub commandments, but what replaced the Ten Commandments main commandments? It was 1 John 3:23-24

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Holy Spirit! - Holy Spirit! - Holy Spirit!
I thought so. <Holy Spirit! - Holy Spirit! - Holy Spirit!> written--by whose hand?
You mean <Holy Spirit!> like in 2Timothy 3:16, All Scripture is given by inspiration of God? Or <Holy Spirit!> like in 2Peter 1:19-21, a more sure word of prophecy of the Scripture which came not by the will of man, but by the Holy Ghost?
You mean what part of Matthew 28 do we (GE) not understand, <<as I (JunChosen)'ve alluded to that the italicized word "day" and that the word "week" as the plural Hebrew word "sabbaton" are omitted in the original manuscripts>>?

Grappie. You think I am scared by your <Holy Spirit! - Holy Spirit! - Holy Spirit!>? Let's test this <Holy Spirit! - Holy Spirit! - Holy Spirit!> of yours.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I mean what part of Matthew 28 you folks do not understand, as I've alluded to that the italicized word "day" and that the word "week" as the plural Hebrew word "sabbaton." are omitted in the original manuscripts?

Re: <<the italicized word "day" and that the word "week" as the plural Hebrew word "sabbaton" are omitted in the original manuscripts?>>

HUH? <<the word "week" as the plural Hebrew word "sabbaton"...>> -
That is (supposed to be) a quote, isn't it? An omitted word, quoted? Or a quote that isn't a quote because it is a <<word omitted in the original manuscripts>>?
But it's a quote <<you folks do not understand>>! Because it's the <Holy Spirit! - Holy Spirit! - Holy Spirit!>.