God changed Seventh Day Sabbath Worship to First Day of the Week

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was simply addressing your claim that elements of law are never delineated. I didn't say anything about Sinai. Getting defensive? All I did was quote Scripture.

there is a greater context here, being the claim that the law is 'sectioned' into parts, and that the Christian having died to the law, becoming free, and no longer under the law, is only 'free' from some sections of the law, but not all ((i.e. not free at all, but 'slightly less enslaved' to a ministry of death and condemnation)).
that is completely unjustified in scripture. everywhere that "the law" is spoken of in the Bible, it is referring to the entire law as one unbroken whole.
i've already demonstrated ((see Romans 7)) that Paul includes the decalogue in the blanket term "the law" -- in fact it's in exactly the context of Romans 7 that one of the many places in scripture is found where he explains that the believer is not under the law, and immediately gives one of the 10 commandments as an example of what he means by "the law"

so let's talk about whether a description of something in scripture that delineates it into facets means that the thing being described should be understood as partitioned rather than unified:

the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.
(Galatians 5:22-23)​

here "fruit" is singular, but 9 descriptions are given. "Spirit" is singular but 9 different 'parts' are described.
by the logic of these people who want to break the law into pieces and call Christians 'under the parts we like but not under the parts we don't like' -- there are 9 different Holy Spirits.
????
clearly that's ridiculous.

likewise the law being described as different 'categories' doesn't make the law separable into 'binding' and 'non-binding' bits.
if you are under the law, you are under all the law.
if you are not under the law, you are not under any of the law.
Christians are not under law by the mechanism described in Romans 6-7: we have died with regard to the law, and the law has no jurisdiction over the dead. that goes for every bit of the law, new moons and feast days and minor sabbaths included. it even goes for things like do not steal and redeem the firstborn of all your flocks. we're under grace.

now the accusation which will be presented is 'o i guess you can just commit all kinds of sins then huh you wicked person of evil desires, since you're not under law' -- in fact there's an ongoing thread in this very forum with exactly that premise!
that's equally ridiculous. it's hogwash, based on denying the power of God, supposing salvation is by human willpower and devoid of any divine action. salvation is a supernatural work of God that changes a person's heart. righteousness is still righteousness even if there is not a letter-which-kills commanding righteousness. the desire of the new heart is not toward unrighteousness, but righteousness, and that isn't because it's checking a rule-book to see what's permissible, but because the Spirit of righteousness dwells in that heart.

i don't need to check the DMV guidebook to know i should move out of the way of someone trying to pass me on the interstate. i know what courtesy is, intrinsically, because kindness dwells in me.

can you tell i've had this conversation lots of times in the past and i'm fed up with having to have it all over again?
i don't mean to be rude, but this is milk. this is elementary principles. we're saved; it is for freedom we have been made free.

Last edited:

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God shared his day of rest with Adam. I find it interesting that Adam, straight from the Creators hand on the sixth day accompanied Jesus in fellowship and rest on the following day before any 'work' was engaged.

God's first priority was to desire that Adam became acquainted with his maker and friend. Adam, made in God's image and with high intellect would have spent the day checking himself out including his surroundings in the company of Jesus who would have told him of the unfolding of the days of Creation....and Adam no doubt would have told his children of that first day of his existence (the 7th of the Creation week) which, as we all know repeats itself effectually becoming the memorial of Creation.

My point remains - keeping a day of rest was absolutely never COMMANDED by God, until it was given to Israel as a covenant sign and remembrance.

Imagine this happening to Israel, God saying to them through Moses: and remember you were slaves in Egypt, and I delivered you out with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm, THEREFORE I am giving you this sabbath day command that has been kept already by everyone for a thousand years, as a covenant SIGN between us.

Wow, a covenant sign that has already been kept by everyone since creation, how special that would be. Not.

A covenant sign has to be something different or new, such as the rainbow sign given to Noah and us, as a covenant promise to never destroy the earth by water again.

Maranatha

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are instructed to be holy all the time but He especially expects us to keep the 7th day holy. It's actually chiseled in stone.
holy means to be separate / sanctity how do we keep the 7day holy and not the rest

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is a greater context here, being the claim that the law is 'sectioned' into parts, and that the Christian having died to the law, becoming free, and no longer under the law, is only 'free' from some sections of the law, but not all ((i.e. not free at all, but 'slightly less enslaved' to a ministry of death and condemnation)).
that is completely unjustified in scripture. everywhere that "the law" is spoken of in the Bible, it is referring to the entire law as one unbroken whole.
i've already demonstrated ((see Romans 7)) that Paul includes the decalogue in the blanket term "the law" -- in fact it's in exactly the context of Romans 7 that one of the many places in scripture is found where he explains that the believer is not under the law, and immediately gives one of the 10 commandments as an example of what he means by "the law"

so let's talk about whether a description of something in scripture that delineates it into facets means that the thing being described should be understood as partitioned rather than unified:

the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.
(Galatians 5:22-23)​

here "fruit" is singular, but 9 descriptions are given. "Spirit" is singular but 9 different 'parts' are described.
by the logic of these people who want to break the law into pieces and call Christians 'under the parts we like but not under the parts we don't like' -- there are 9 different Holy Spirits.
????
clearly that's ridiculous.

likewise the law being described as different 'categories' doesn't make the law separable into 'binding' and 'non-binding' bits.
if you are under the law, you are under all the law.
if you are not under the law, you are not under any of the law.
Christians are not under law by the mechanism described in Romans 6-7: we have died with regard to the law, and the law has no jurisdiction over the dead. that goes for every bit of the law, new moons and feast days and minor sabbaths included. it even goes for things like do not steal and redeem the firstborn of all your flocks. we're under grace.

now the accusation which will be presented is 'o i guess you can just commit all kinds of sins then huh you wicked person of evil desires, since you're not under law' -- in fact there's an ongoing thread in this very forum with exactly that premise!
that's equally ridiculous. it's hogwash, based on denying the power of God, supposing salvation is by human willpower and devoid of any divine action. salvation is a supernatural work of God that changes a person's heart. righteousness is still righteousness even if there is not a letter-which-kills commanding righteousness. the desire of the new heart is not toward unrighteousness, but righteousness, and that isn't because it's checking a rule-book to see what's permissible, but because the Spirit of righteousness dwells in that heart.

i don't need to check the DMV guidebook to know i should move out of the way of someone trying to pass me on the interstate. i know what courtesy is, intrinsically, because kindness dwells in me.

can you tell i've had this conversation lots of times in the past and i'm fed up with having to have it all over again?
i don't mean to be rude, but this is milk. this is elementary principles. we're saved; it is for freedom we have been made free.

Yes, all of the law had to be kept down to the last jot and tittle, comma and period - there was no separation of it into sections.

Which is why Paul warned if we keep any part of the law at for our righteousness, we have to keep ALL of it - all 613 statutes, commands, and ordinances, including the required animal sacrifices.

And he warned if we go back to the law we’ve fallen from grace and made Christ of no effect unto us.

They just don’t get it, but no surprise there, since so many Jewish converts didn’t get it, and told gentile believers they had to be circumcised AND keep the law of Moses that all the apostles had to get together to deal with it, in Acts 15, and why Paul, the apostle to the gentiles, countered that error throughout his letters to the various churches.

The problem was pretty much settled until Ellen G. White came along and regurgitated the law keeping and sabbath keeping error all over again.

Maranatha

Reactions: post

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
We are instructed to be holy all the time but He especially expects us to keep the 7th day holy. It's actually chiseled in stone.

Discussion of the subject of this thread has followed a clearly distinguishable pattern. It started off with posters who were strangers to one another. It did not take long for some to recognise the others who were in agreement with them, and even in the same church as they.
Then the 'strangers' began showing up and it became clear who were Sabbatarian and who were anti Sabbath. But their own identities stayed secret.
Except GE who was there too. Everyone pretended he doesn't exist. NO ONE paid attention to anything he writes except when he insults them personally.
Soon the visitors saw it's a futile discussion and left.
The Sabbathtarians celebrated victory but they found their fellow Sabbathtarians dull and boring, so they changed the thread into a competition in prose composition. Who writes the best. Whose ideas are most surreal. Who insults best. Who makes the stupidest wisdom? Who flatters most coquettish.
Who said Jesus rose from the dead not on Sunday but on the Sabbath?!
As long as GE does not get attention. IGNORE him and his ARGMENTS LIKE LEPROSY. The SDA church has spoken what the pope has told them to say, that GE is the devil, the virus, some pauper heretic babbler.

They know that to acknowledge that GE is a factor, would be worse than suicide for themselves.

Last edited:

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Define holy.
As you live it.
being Holy is a progress its called sanctified .first God justifies us when we get saved he then sanctifies us separate from the rest of the world . paul wrote in rom 12 not be conformed to the world but be transformed/changed by the renewing of your mind. which comes through the Holy spirit by being connected to the true vine. we grow in grace and knowledge .the you live it is correct 3 stages of sanctification being made Holy 1st stage positional were saved and placed into the Body of Christ . 2nd progressive --we grow/mature the very stage were in at this moment . i call it my w.i.p work in progress the 3rd stage in finial we made it home we have our glorified bodies no pain no sorrows no fleshy temptation and most of no more failures

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Discussion of the subject of this thread has followed a clearly distinguishable pattern. It started off with posters who were strangers to one another. It did not take long for some to recognise the others who were in agreement with them, and even in the same church as they.
Then the 'strangers' began showing up and it became clear who were Sabbatarian and who were anti Sabbath. But their own identies stayed secret.
Except GE who was there too. Everyone pretended he doesn't exist. NO ONE paid attention to anything he writes except when he insults them personally.
Soon the visitors saw it's a futle discussion and left.
The Sabbathtarians celebrated victory but they found their fellow Sabbathtarians dull and boring, so they changed the thread into a competition in prose composition. Who writes the best. Whose ideas are most surreal. Who insults best. Who makes the stupidest wisdom? Who flatters most coquettish.
Who said Jesus rose from the dead not on Sunday but on the Sabbath?!
As long as GE does not get attention. IGNORE him and his ARGMENTS LIKE LEPROSY. The SDA church has spoken what the pope has told them to say, that GE is the devil, the virus, some pauper heretic babbler.

They know that to acknowledge that GE is a factor, would be worse than suicide for themselves.
Who's this GE?

No worries. I'm a late arrival and fan.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One day consecrated to be holy. 6 not.

Sounds fair, I guess, if we're counting days to be holy or not.
so i only need to be consecrated one day of the week ? that would be a popular church.. a Sunday morning Christian

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By the way, folks, non SDA Christians remember the sabbath 24/7, because the physical day of rest was a ceremonial foreshadow of our continuing spiritual rest given us by Jesus, who is the rest that the day was a shadow of Matthew 11:28-29 and Colossians 2:16-17.

Circumcision was physical under the law, but is spiritual in the new covenant.

The sabbath rest was a physical day of rest under the law, but is full time spiritual rest in the new covenant.

This is why the two love commands that replaced the old ten, have no days at all required to be kept.

Shalom Aleichem

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, all of the law had to be kept down to the last jot and tittle, comma and period - there was no separation of it into sections.

Which is why Paul warned if we keep any part of the law at for our righteousness, we have to keep ALL of it - all 613 statutes, commands, and ordinances, including the required animal sacrifices.

And he warned if we go back to the law we’ve fallen from grace and made Christ of no effect unto us.

They just don’t get it, but no surprise there, since so many Jewish converts didn’t get it, and told gentile believers they had to be circumcised AND keep the law of Moses that all the apostles had to get together to deal with it, in Acts 15, and why Paul, the apostle to the gentiles, countered that error throughout his letters to the various churches.

The problem was pretty much settled until Ellen G. White came along and regurgitated the law keeping and sabbath keeping error all over again.

Maranatha

Sounds like them that keep resurrecting the decayed corpse of the old covenant and law, carrying it around on the backs, instead of the cross.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Revelation 10:7
To some the changes that accompany the New Covenant are still veiled in mystery, to others the veil has been removed.

Heb 7:11-12 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? (12) For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

the entire law was chiseled in stone:

There, in the presence of the Israelites, Joshua wrote on stones a copy of the law of Moses.
(Joshua 8:32)​

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By the way, folks, non SDA Christians remember the sabbath 24/7, because the physical day of rest was a ceremonial foreshadow of our continuing spiritual rest given us by Jesus, who is the rest that the day was a shadow of Matthew 11:28-29 and Colossians 2:16-17.

Circumcision was physical under the law, but is spiritual in the new covenant.

The sabbath rest was a physical day of rest under the law, but is full time spiritual rest in the new covenant.

This is why the two love commands that replaced the old ten, have no days at all required to be kept.

Shalom Aleichem
The Sabbath command was for man as a day of rest to be a sign to them of His own rest from work of creation.

That 7th day of rest is of Christ, the rest from our own works, those of our own righteousness: the dead works of sin and trespass.

If someone wants to keep a physical Sabbath for a sign of their rest in Christ, then by faith they are blessed in it.

If someone does not, but knows their rest in Christ daily, then they are likewise blessed by faith.

When someone wants to turn their faith into law, then their sign-day becomes virtue-signalling for a 24-hour period.

With a good dose of judgment added in for spice.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Maranatha
True. There are no commandments of law separate from the law of God. The greatest commandments are called law: the royal law to be fulfilled by faith.

Segregating 'commandment law' from other more 'inferior law of statute' is a carnal effort to keep a carnal commandment done away in Christ.

Sabbath keepers by law are carnally minded judges of others, that have great pride in their physical Sabbath-keeping.