God changed Seventh Day Sabbath Worship to First Day of the Week

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
previously covered and you are absolutely wrong.

see Romans 7 --Paul ((who wrote Galatians and uses words in a consistent way)) defines what he means by "the law" -- using one of the 10 commandments as an example.

the law is the law. all of it. including the decalogue.
breaking it into pieces is a purely human imagination.
Actually God Himself divides the Moral from the rest. In Galatians as I showed to you, and even from Exodus, and in Romans, as elsewhere.

COVENANTS

The spiritual (moral) law of God is called, by God, the "Ten Commandments". God calls the rest of it, the 'book of the law':

Here's a simple chart demonstrating this:

Bible - Prophecy - God's Law & Ceremonial Law.jpeg

Paul does use words in a consistent way, and when you stop abusing the words of scripture and cutting short where Paul uses words like "the law", and "book of the law", you can see the difference which you are trying to hide, by just saying "the law".

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
can you tell i've had this conversation lots of times in the past and i'm fed up with having to have it all over again?
Hey, don't hang around on my account. I'm just trying to sow good seed. I get your argument: "We're dead to the law." I'm not buying it. "Remember the Sabbath, to keep it holy" isn't too hard, either. Either the commandment is holy and just and good or it isn't. I'm with Paul on that. Peter says plainly that some of Paul's stuff is hard to understand. Those who don't keep the Sabbath seem to think otherwise. They've got it all figured out. It's all milk to them. That's why my signature verse never gets changed. :)

Reactions: Wrangler

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem was pretty much settled until Ellen G. White came along and regurgitated the law keeping and sabbath keeping error all over again. ...
I have evidence of 7th day sabbath keeping Christians all through history, and also those who found it and returned unto it during the Reformation and afterwards.

You might peruse the following historical accounts:

Jeff Dowell - 209 History of the Sabbath 1st to the 15th Century

Jeff Dowell - 209 History of the Sabbath 1st to the 15th Century

Jeff Dowell 209 History Of The Sabbath 1st To The 15th Century : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Jeff Dowell - 210 History of the Sabbath 16th to the 19th Century

Jeff Dowell - 210 History of the Sabbath 16th to the 19th Century

Jeff Dowell 210 History Of The Sabbath 16th To The 19th Century : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Jeff Dowell - 211 History of the Sabbath 20th and 21st Century

Jeff Dowell - 211 History of the Sabbath 20th and 21st Century

Jeff Dowell 211 History Of The Sabbath 20th And 21st Century : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Doctrine - Sabbath - Thomas Tillam - The Seventh Day Sabbath Sought Out -1657

https://archive.org/download/doctrine-sabbath-thomas-tillam-the-seventh-day-sabbath-sought-out-1657/Doctrine - Sabbath - Thomas Tillam - The Seventh Day Sabbath Sought Out -1657.pdf

Doctrine - Sabbath - Thomas Hamilton - Our Rest Day In History

https://archive.org/download/doctrine-sabbath-thomas-hamilton-our-rest-day-in-history/Doctrine - Sabbath - Thomas Hamilton - Our Rest Day In History.pdf

Doctrine - Sabbath - Frank H Yost - Early Christian Sabbath

https://archive.org/download/doctrine-sabbath-frank-h-yost-early-christian-sabbath/Doctrine - Sabbath - Frank H Yost - Early Christian Sabbath.pdf

Doctrine - Sabbath - J N Andrews - The History Of The Sabbath

https://archive.org/download/doctrine-sabbath-j-n-andrews-the-history-of-the-sabbath/Doctrine - Sabbath - J N Andrews - The History Of The Sabbath.pdf

Doctrine - Sabbath - Christian Edwardson - Facts of Faith In History 1942

https://archive.org/download/doctrine-sabbath-christian-edwardson-facts-of-faith-in-history-1942/Doctrine - Sabbath - Christian Edwardson - Facts of Faith In History 1942.pdf

1st Century | Sabbath Truth

The Seventh Day with Hal Holbrook | Sabbath Truth

Patrick of Ireland was a 7th-day Sabbath keeper, as was Luther's former teacher, Andreas Carlstadt, and even Philip Melanchthon wrote about it, and Luther himself said that in Moravia were "sabbathers".

Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sabbath keepers by law are carnally minded judges of others, that have great pride in their physical Sabbath-keeping.
Who are the carnal minded according to scripture?:

Rom_8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Deu_25:1 If there be a controversy between men, and they come unto judgment, that the judges may judge them; then they shall justify the righteous, and condemn the wicked.

Joh_7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

1Jn_2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.​

It is amazing, that those who keep God's law by the Holy Ghost, are contended with as being 'proud' of obedience, when in reality, they are exalting God and His Law/character, as Jesus before them did:

Pro_28:4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked: but such as keep the law contend with them.

Isa_42:21 The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.​

Those who turn from the "holy commandment" are the ones who are filled with "pride" of the devil in their law breaking, so much so, they boast of it:

2Pe_2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.​

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who are the carnal minded according to scripture?:

Rom_8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Deu_25:1 If there be a controversy between men, and they come unto judgment, that the judges may judge them; then they shall justify the righteous, and condemn the wicked.

Joh_7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

1Jn_2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.​

It is amazing, that those who keep God's law by the Holy Ghost, are contended with as being 'proud' of obedience, when in reality, they are exalting God and His Law/character, as Jesus before them did:

Pro_28:4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked: but such as keep the law contend with them.

Isa_42:21 The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.​

Those who turn from the "holy commandment" are the ones who are filled with "pride" of the devil in their law breaking, so much so, they boast of it:

2Pe_2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.​
Amen, Brother. Especially when any obedience we render is merely an offering, containing no merit whatsoever towards salvation. All our righteousness are as filthy rags.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually God Himself divides the Moral from the rest. In Galatians as I showed to you, and even from Exodus, and in Romans, as elsewhere.

COVENANTS

The spiritual (moral) law of God is called, by God, the "Ten Commandments". God calls the rest of it, the 'book of the law':

Here's a simple chart demonstrating this:

View attachment 16428

Paul does use words in a consistent way, and when you stop abusing the words of scripture and cutting short where Paul uses words like "the law", and "book of the law", you can see the difference which you are trying to hide, by just saying "the law".

Absolutely false and already demonstrated to be false. Stop spreading heresy!

Paul by the Holy Spirit explicitly includes the 10 in the phrase "the law" - see Romans 7, - and we are not under it.

Ritual cessation of activity is not moral in any sense of the word. It's ceremonial. Jesus never stopped working, and those who rejected Him wanted to murder Him because of it.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you. I like it when the gloves come off with no more pretence of 'brotherhood' between false teachers and them that see Jesus only and obey His Word as written only:

Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

Considering the vehement opposition to God's Commandments being displayed so openly and without shame on this forum

A fair description of yourself.

You even boast of your lack of subjection to God's laws.

Sabbateurs can't even get this simple part right. How then can they get anything of finer understanding correct? Their ability to read others according to their own ignorance is astounding. If there were one, I would hand each of them a degree in the dark art of Satan's school of false accusation of the brethren. They have plumbed his depths wonderfully:

And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration. (Rev 17)

I am under the law to Christ with responsibility to be a doer of His law and Word to God as in my heart by His grace, and is plainly written in the book of the law of Christ, for all our sakes.

The law is not made for the righteous, yet He still had His law written down on paper, so that we could know the difference between His true law and the made-up iron-clad commandments and law of pompous men:

And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron...

Sabbatismo Schlabbatismo. Sabbatismo Commando. Brain-washed Sabbatism. Sabbatist Saboteurs against Christ.

There are Christians, and then there are Sabbatists that like to call themselves Christian. There is Christianity, and then there is Sabbabeastianity.

I am honored to be on the above honor role. One man's trash is another man's treasure. And one man's treasured Sabbath of separation is another man's drive to work with the Lord.
Okay, that got your attention.
I didn't accuse you at all, but asked for a valid reason why Romans 8:7 doesn't apply to you considering all I read on this forum from those who are openly antagonistic, at enmity against God's laws? You claim Christians are no longer subject to God's Commandments. Romans 8:7 says those who are not subject to God's Commandments are carnal, and cannot please God.
Now Paul rightly said Christians are no longer under the law. You, and others on this forum claim that not being "under the law" is the same as not having to obey the law. The law, you say, is "nailed to the cross" therefore no Christian is subject to God's laws and have no obligation to obey. The law is old covenant. It's now invalid. Please explain why being not "under the law" as you so often boast is a phrase akin to not being subject to the law of God which Paul says is a carnal attitude and not pleasing to God? He says that spiritual people are subject to the laws of God. You and numerous others say Sabbath keepers are carnal, trying to earn their salvation. So who is carnal here, and who is spiritual?

Reactions: BarneyFife

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You and numerous others say Sabbath keepers are carnal, trying to earn their salvation.

DO NOT ascribe that to me.

Personally I try to keep Saturday as sabbath. not as a law but as a freewill devotion. If I'm asked to work, I do, for the glory of God. I go 2 miles when 1 is demanded of me. So now you know.

It is evil to judge anyone for not observing sabbath, and it is evil to judge anyone for observing it.
Keeping sabbath is not legalism. Demanding that others do is, and judging others over it is.

That is the testimony of scripture, and that is my message also.

QuickFilly

Jul 30, 2021
Bellingham
wallpaperaccess.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To some the changes that accompany the New Covenant are still veiled in mystery, to others the veil has been removed.

Heb 7:11-12 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? (12) For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
I think the veil remains when one chooses to ignore what Jesus said of the law in order to assume and follow one who both preached the law and then denied the law they earlier and later preached.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only thing I would add to what you said is that I have read a lot of writings of the early church, and they did not always agree with each other. Unlike the Bible, what they wrote is not the inerrant Word of God. I do agree that we can get some insight about what they thought by reading their writings, we cannot take any of those things as gospel truth.

Things have changed today

I doubt any synagogue today would invite anyone to visit to preach that Jesus is the Messiah.

According to Acts they barely tolerated it back then.

Shalom

QuickFilly

Jul 30, 2021
Bellingham
wallpaperaccess.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
being Holy is a progress its called sanctified .first God justifies us when we get saved he then sanctifies us separate from the rest of the world . paul wrote in rom 12 not be conformed to the world but be transformed/changed by the renewing of your mind. which comes through the Holy spirit by being connected to the true vine. we grow in grace and knowledge .the you live it is correct 3 stages of sanctification being made Holy 1st stage positional were saved and placed into the Body of Christ . 2nd progressive --we grow/mature the very stage were in at this moment . i call it my w.i.p work in progress the 3rd stage in finial we made it home we have our glorified bodies no pain no sorrows no fleshy temptation and most of no more failures
Thank you for sharing that.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DO NOT ascribe that to me.

Personally I try to keep Saturday as sabbath. not as a law but as a freewill devotion. If I'm asked to work, I do, for the glory of God. I go 2 miles when 1 is demanded of me. So now you know.

It is evil to judge anyone for not observing sabbath, and it is evil to judge anyone for observing it.
Keeping sabbath is not legalism. Demanding that others do is, and judging others over it is.

That is the testimony of scripture, and that is my message also.

I have no problem if someone keeps the sabbath because they prefer it.

There’s no days required to be kept in the two love commands in effect today. We could keep Tuesday or Thursday, etc, it matters not.

My objection is when they say it’s required to be kept, and is a sin not to.

Shalom Aleichem

Reactions: post

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no problem if someone keeps the sabbath because they prefer it.

There’s no days required to be kept in the two love commands in effect today. We could keep Tuesday or Thursday, etc, it matters not.

My objection is when they say it’s required to be kept, and is a sin not to.

Shalom Aleichem

Amen

Peace to you as well

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the veil remains when one chooses to ignore what Jesus said of the law in order to assume and follow one who both preached the law and then denied the law they earlier and later preached.

The veil remains when you do not believe Christ is God.
It had nothing to do with the law.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Demanding that others do is,
No-one is demanding that someone ought to keep the Sabbath. What we are pointing out is that the ten commandments are still valid, our obligation to obey them still relevant, and the Sabbath Commandment is as valid as the other 9.
The reason the Sabbath is still valid we believe is because nowhere in scripture had God declared that He has removed His holiness and sanctity from that day. It's still sanctified. It's still sacred. It's still holy. And what makes things holy is the presence of God. Which is why He reminds us to keep it that way. Don't grieve the Spirit of God by doing your own thing on His holy day. Now that ain't me saying this, it's scripture. Those who disagree are welcome to argue and debate the above, but need to remember that in the final analysis, they have to present that same argument before God in order to justify why they ignored the 4th Commandment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"One law shall be for the native-born and for the stranger who dwells among you.” (Exodus 12:49)​

It was always God's intention to assimilate the world into His Kingdom.
Quoting from the law after it’s given to Israel which was not until after the exodus, doesn’t prove the law was in effect to anyone before then, especially when its talking about gentile proselytes who wanted to join the Israelites.
There wasn’t a separate law for them - why would there be?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@post
@Curtis
@Robert Gwin
@robert derrick

Considering the vehement opposition to God's Commandments being displayed so openly and without shame on this forum, I have come to the conclusion that this enmity against the law arises for only one reason... You are still carnal, not born again, and while you claim to be spiritual it is a deception for it is nothing more than spiritual intellectualism. Give me one reason why verse 7 does not apply to you?

KJV Romans 8:5-8
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Is not your opposition to the law of God an expression of your carnal fleshly nature? How can it be otherwise? You even boast of your lack of subjection to God's laws, how can Romans 8:7 not apply to you?
It's interesting that nowhere in the above post did I mention the Sabbath. Yet the Sabbath has been the focus of those replying. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that suggests to me that Christians are basically fine with the other 9 commandments, even though they say they are dead to the law, not under the law, free from bondage to the law etc etc, but the sticking point is the Sabbath. Seems to me to be a rather inconsistent argument these protestations that they are not under the law, but would be aghast at any suggestion they openly condone adultery or theft, while they openly vilify the Sabbath as a bondage and a burden.